PDA

View Full Version : John Elway - 87.7the ticket

Denver Native (Carol)
12-10-2010, 09:55 AM
John will be on at 8:00 MST - will be interesting to see if he has anything he will/can say about joining the Broncos - can listen online:

http://www.877theticket.com/

Dirk
12-10-2010, 10:11 AM
I will be at work so any tibits would be appreciated. :elefant:

Dzone
12-10-2010, 10:15 AM
"I dont want to be coach and I dont want to be General Manager"...

Dirk
12-10-2010, 10:21 AM

That is a good thing I think. I love what Elway did for the team but I'm not of the mind that he would make a good GM and just because you were a great player doesn't mean you can coach.

I do hope he is a part of the team some how.

Dzone
12-10-2010, 10:25 AM
^Yes, he definitely wants to be a part of the organization in some capacity

Northman
12-10-2010, 10:29 AM

Bronco Billy wants to be General Manager though.

Dzone
12-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Still uncertain about what his role would be. He does understand that it would be a full time job and not just a side gig.

SOCALORADO.
12-10-2010, 10:47 AM
Still uncertain about what his role would be. He does understand that it would be a full time job and not just a side gig.

I think he does know.
Its just so viral in Dove Valley right now, i think he will be slowly eased into the VP role eventually. And i for one, and happy hes working for the Denver Broncos again. John Elway is a winner, and that rubs off on others around you.

Northman
12-10-2010, 11:02 AM
I think he does know.
Its just so viral in Dove Valley right now, i think he will be slowly eased into the VP role eventually. And i for one, and happy hes working for the Denver Broncos again. John Elway is a winner, and that rubs off on others around you.

Wasnt it Elway that talked to the team before their beatdown of KC? If he can have that kind of an effect hell ya. :beer:

Tned
12-10-2010, 07:08 PM
I taped it, is it worth listening to?

GEM
12-10-2010, 07:12 PM
Elway and Tebow....if that don't rub off on some of those guys...they need to be seated on a couch on Sundays. :lol:

Dzone
12-10-2010, 07:18 PM
I taped it, is it worth listening to?
Yes, its worth the 25 minutes. He definitely has the skill of being artfully vague. He is good at answering questions without really answering them. Not saying that is a bad thing, just saying that John is good at it.

Tned
12-10-2010, 07:20 PM
Yes, its worth the 25 minutes. He definitely has the skill of being artfully vague. He is good at answering questions without really answering them. Not saying that is a bad thing, just saying that John is good at it.

About to head to a work Christmas party, but will listen tomorrow. I tape his, Champs, Harris and a couple other shows (Used to tape McD's on Sirius), but more times than not, never get around to listening to them.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-10-2010, 07:26 PM
Some of what John said today is on the following link

http://www.877theticket.com/page.php?page_id=59

At the end of the article is a place where you can click to go to where you can listen to it in full.

Lancane
12-10-2010, 07:49 PM
His comments about Andrew Luck make be depressed, he even thinks the kid is the next great one. And it sounds like Tebow, even in his opinion will be an important issue for the next regime.

:(

He really is good at not answering question, which means a he'd be a good PR guy.

:lol:

robert ethan
12-11-2010, 12:21 AM
His comments about Andrew Luck make be depressed, he even thinks the kid is the next great one. And it sounds like Tebow, even in his opinion will be an important issue for the next regime.

:(

He really is good at not answering question, which means a he'd be a good PR guy.

:lol:

The funniest part about people here pimping Luck is that he has a similar sort of drop the ball below the hip windup as Tebow was panned for. Even more pronounced if you watch it. Not that that seemed to hurt either of them in terms of accuracy and passing efficiency.

Still and all, Andrew's sophomore season didn't match up to Tim's in most passing categories, and certainly not as a runner. The SEC is a tougher arena to excel in than the PAC 10 as well.