PDA

View Full Version : Congrats and thanks to Tned and MtnMan?!

LordTrychon
08-30-2008, 11:40 PM
Mods... don't know if you think this deserves it's own thread... feel free to merge...

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_10345321

Get ready, fans: In-com-plete lives
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Article Last Updated: 08/30/2008 06:25:10 PM MDT

Announcing, with zero enthusiasm, the tradition at Broncos home games will continue.

The pass thrown by the visiting quarterback was not caught. OK, Broncos fans. Here's the set up.

The pass is ...

You take it from there.

IN-COM-PLETE!

Goodness.

"It stays," said Joe Ellis, who is in charge of all things Broncos that Mike Shanahan doesn't handle. "The fans like it. The fans are used to it. We're going to keep doing it."

To those who loathe the chant as too golly-gee-whiz, here's the problem: Kids love it. And if little Johnny and Suzy love it, then Mom and Dad love it, too.

There was hope the halting, three-syllable roar would retire with Alan Cass, who had been the public-address announcer at Broncos home games for 20 years.

Cass started the chant in 1996 when the Broncos were on the verge of their mini-dynasty at Mile High Stadium. He brought the chant with him five years later to Invesco Field at Mile High. And there it will stay.

Alan Roach, the most recognizable P.A. voice in all of sports, was assaulted with questions about "in-com-plete" after it was announced he would succeed Cass. Roach didn't want to upset the wishes of Broncos fans. But he didn't want to plagiarize Cass' signature call, either.

It was decided by the Broncos' marketing department prior to the preseason game against the Green Bay Packers that Roach should give it a go, although it almost went unnoticed with Aaron Rodgers completing 16-of-19 passes by halftime.

Broncos' marketers are counting on Bob Slowik's defense to do a better job against the despised Philip Rivers in the home opener Sept. 14 against the Chargers.

Warm up those baritone pipes, Roach.

Rivers' pass is ...

The Mile High Salute is dead. "In-com-plete!" carries on.

Anything for Johnny.

SarahKay
08-31-2008, 01:08 PM
Good news. I sure do miss that salute though.

Tned
08-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Thanks, LT. However, I am not sure how much impact we made. It is possible that Sam Adam's article helped, or this could have been their position all along, which is what the article alludes to.

If anything, I think Melissa pushed them over the edge into keeping it: :D

FN6sYfyfSi0

LordTrychon
08-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks, LT. However, I am not sure how much impact we made. It is possible that Sam Adam's article helped, or this could have been their position all along, which is what the article alludes to.

If anything, I think Melissa pushed them over the edge into keeping it: :D

FN6sYfyfSi0

:eek:

:salute:

She's awesome.

That's all I'll say right now.

Tned
08-31-2008, 02:00 PM
:eek:

:salute:

She's awesome.

That's all I'll say right now.

Go to KOAradio.com and watch her other blog entries and pictures she posted and you will say more :D

Denver Native (Carol)
08-31-2008, 02:22 PM
Good news. I sure do miss that salute though.

Well - suppose Tned and David could do something about that also? :elefant:

dogfish
08-31-2008, 03:22 PM
stuff it, klis!