PDA

View Full Version : Sterling wearing Shannon's ring tonight...

HORSEPOWER 56
12-09-2010, 06:56 PM
So I'm watching the pregame show on NFL Network and I notice Sterling Sharpe wearing a Superbowl ring on his right ring finger, one that proudly displays the Broncos' logo. Shannon gave Sterling his first one from '98 telling him not to worry because he was going to get another.

Just made me happy to see somebody wearing it and made me proud to have such a cool-assed dude as Shannon Sharpe a former Bronco all time great.

Sorry for making a whole new thread, I just saw the jewelry and it hit me to bring it up to all of us that a long time ago, in a league far, far away, we were the World Champions and had players with character and class! :salute:

BroncoWave
12-09-2010, 07:04 PM
Love Shannon Sharpe. One of my 2 or 3 favorite Broncos ever. It's a shame and an embarrassment that he isn't in the HOF yet. I guess having every major receiving record for a TE upon retirement just doesn't do it any more.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-09-2010, 07:12 PM
Love Shannon Sharpe. One of my 2 or 3 favorite Broncos ever. It's a shame and an embarrassment that he isn't in the HOF yet. I guess having every major receiving record for a TE upon retirement just doesn't do it any more.

He'll be in soon. He was just unlucky ending up competing with a lot of great players the past 2 years like Jerry Rice and Emmitt Smith. He should've easily gotten in over John Randle, but they can't just put in offensive guys all the time.

We got in Floyd little last year so I wasn't too upset. This year is Shannon's year. I've got a feeling! :werd:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Not to get too off topic, but how do you like Tulane, BTB? My daughter got accepted and is strongly considering going there next year. I was extremely proud of her, but she's hella smart so I wasn't surprised. She also got accepted to Northwestern and a couple of other really good schools (mostly up North) but she wants to go somewhere warm. Tulane was her first choice.

BroncoWave
12-09-2010, 07:22 PM
Not to get too off topic, but how do you like Tulane, BTB? My daughter got accepted and is strongly considering going there next year. I was extremely proud of her, but she's hella smart so I wasn't surprised. She also got accepted to Northwestern and a couple of other really good schools (mostly up North) but she wants to go somewhere warm. Tulane was her first choice.

Check your PMs.

jhildebrand
12-09-2010, 07:34 PM

TG will go straight in :mad:

Dzone
12-09-2010, 07:47 PM
Cool, to remember those years of glory.
Speaking of the HOF, I really think it sucks that a guy who was League MVP, Super Bowl MVP, 2,000 yard season is NOT in the HOF...every time I hear someone say Ladanian Thomlinson is a lock for 1st ballot HOF I want to puke

BORDERLINE
12-09-2010, 07:51 PM
Cool, to remember those years of glory.
Speaking of the HOF, I really think it sucks that a guy who was League MVP, Super Bowl MVP, 2,000 yard season is NOT in the HOF...every time I hear someone say Ladanian Thomlinson is a lock for 1st ballot HOF I want to puke

yeah T.D needs to be in there...
dude would have ripped the record book...
plus with him we would have gotten a couple more deep playoff runs:salute:

Dzone
12-09-2010, 08:25 PM
Speaking of LT, all I remember is how he blamed his teammates every time they lost in the playoffs..LT has no class...He was named in the top 100 players of all time and I dont even think TD made the list...ridiculous...If LT gets in the hall before TD, then the HOF doesnt mean shyt
As for Shannon, he def should be in the hall, but with each passing year, I am afraid he is getting further away from it, not closer. I hope I am wrong.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
12-09-2010, 08:53 PM
I HATE Shannon Sharpe. Completely egotistical on TV. All about himself doesn't give two sh**s about anyone but Shannon Sharpe. Met him and honestly thought wow wish I never had rooted for this guy. I hope the POS never makes the hall of fame and I sure as hell hope he is never put in our ring of fame

nevcraw
12-09-2010, 09:03 PM
I HATE Shannon Sharpe. Completely egotistical on TV. All about himself doesn't give two sh**s about anyone but Shannon Sharpe. Met him and honestly thought wow wish I never had rooted for this guy. I hope the POS never makes the hall of fame and I sure as hell hope he is never put in our ring of fame

well then...

Northman
12-09-2010, 09:04 PM

He's already in the Ring of Fame.

frauschieze
12-09-2010, 09:11 PM

I watched him parachute into Mile High when he was inducted to the Ring of Fame. Sorry dude. It's already a done deal.

BroncoWave
12-09-2010, 09:17 PM
Someone needs to get over himself LOL.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-09-2010, 09:18 PM
I watched him parachute into Mile High when he was inducted to the Ring of Fame. Sorry dude. It's already a done deal.

He missed that game because he was attending a Charlie Adams autograph signing... you should've seen the deals they were having on his merchandise, they were practically giving the stuff away!

:D

Dzone
12-09-2010, 09:21 PM
LOL...those signing events, where you stand in line for hours to get to meet a player and get his autograph, you cant really judge a player off a meeting like that

Dzone
12-09-2010, 09:22 PM
He missed that game because he was attending a Charlie Adams autograph signing... you should've seen the deals they were having on his merchandise, they were practically giving the stuff away!

LMAO:laugh::laugh:

BCJ
12-09-2010, 11:33 PM
So I'm watching the pregame show on NFL Network and I notice Sterling Sharpe wearing a Superbowl ring on his right ring finger, one that proudly displays the Broncos' logo. Shannon gave Sterling his first one from '98 telling him not to worry because he was going to get another.

Just made me happy to see somebody wearing it and made me proud to have such a cool-assed dude as Shannon Sharpe a former Bronco all time great.

Sorry for making a whole new thread, I just saw the jewelry and it hit me to bring it up to all of us that a long time ago, in a league far, far away, we were the World Champions and had players with character and class! :salute:

No problem. What many people dont know is that first ring actually calls up the National Guard for you when requested.

scott.475
12-09-2010, 11:43 PM
Too bad Sterling's career was cut short. He could have been pretty amazing, but lucky he wasn't paralyzed with that injury.

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
12-10-2010, 02:29 AM

****** up dude

Ravage!!!
12-10-2010, 02:36 AM
No TE has ever made it into the HoF in their first eligibility. Shannon won't, TG won't, and Gates won't.

PAINTERDAVE
12-10-2010, 03:45 AM

Really classy, guy.

Hatred and profanity...
indicates an interesting reflection of who YOU are...
not Sharpe.