PDA

View Full Version : Loser Tebow can't throw a pass in the NFL

PAINTERDAVE
12-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Tebow NFL pre-season video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpS50GBFDpg

That footage against the Steelers is against the first teamers.

BroncoJoe
12-09-2010, 11:30 AM
Ball comes out in a hurry and is a dart.

Sorry, but I love this kid and hope he plays soon. We need the excitement!

Ravage!!!
12-09-2010, 11:42 AM
its not the passing guys.

Its the reading. Its the identifying defenses.

I think Tebow is a wonderful athlete, but he does have a LOT to learn considering these are things he didn't have to do in college. There is a reason he wasn't ranked high in his own draft.

I'm looking forward to watching him play! WHen he does, I'm going to be crossing my fingers for him and TRULY Hoping he reaches expectations and is able to learn to read a defense. He has a high pole to hurdle in order to reach those expectations. But I'm TRULY hoping I'm wrong and he is everything he's been propped up to be by some, and not what he's been propped up to be by most.

frenchfan
12-09-2010, 11:42 AM
I really don't understand why this guy couldn't be a NFL passer :confused:

He has a lot of talent, he proves that in college. He has a great mentality and he seems like he's not afraid to compete.
We never know if rookies can make it to the NFL level, but give him his chance... After all, we don't have a lot to lose but a lot to win now.
PLay the kid, let him grow with this offense and build a D... That's all my Xmas wishes :D

PAINTERDAVE
12-09-2010, 11:44 AM
Don't be sorry to me....
My title is obviously sarcasm...
in response to the Tebow Bashers.

It is funny... a few weeks ago...
they bashed Tebow by supporting Orton...
now that Orton's stock has plummeted...

they take a new tack and bash Tebow by saying the new coach will want
a "big , strong armed QB" so Tebow will have to go.

It is pretty interesting how many people WANT him to fail.

So much so they want our awesome first round pick spent on yet ANOTHER QB!

Amazing...instead of a stud D-lineman..
they dislike TEBOW so bad they want to use the pic on another Rookie QB.
Simply beyond amazement to me.
Tebow has spent a year on the bench learning...
has been in there scrambling for real..
has thrown an NFL pass for a TD...
BUT WE NEED TO DUMP HIM AND DRAFT ANOTHER ROOKIE QB?

Even a lot of the pretentious profesionals on the sports talk shows...
they seem invested in his failure...

truth is... the kid has never done anything but succeed.

chazoe60
12-09-2010, 11:46 AM
I still get confused by the he can't make the throws in the NFL statements made by some. It may look different but if it gets where it needs to be who cares?

And Rav, Orton doesn't read defenses either, did you see that KC game? I kid of course, well kinda. I think Tebow can learn to read defenses. Just because his offense in college didn't put a big emphasis on that doesn't mean he can't do it.

shank
12-09-2010, 11:50 AM
I still get confused by the he can't make the throws in the NFL statements made by some. It may look different but if it gets where it needs to be who cares?

And Rav, Orton doesn't read defenses either, did you see that KC game? I kid of course, well kinda. I think Tebow can learn to read defenses. Just because his offense in college didn't put a big emphasis on that doesn't mean he can't do it.

tim tebow's family didn't eat very much soup when he was growing up, so he's probably not going to be good at eating soup as an adult.

UrbanBounca
12-09-2010, 11:53 AM
The guy has a cannon, and has more heart than almost any athlete I've ever seen. Give him a chance.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Ravage!!!
12-09-2010, 11:55 AM

DIdn't say he can't. People can learn to drive, but that doesn't mean I want to teach them while they are sitting behind the wheel at NASCAR.

I'm not much into stats, and watch him play. He's a good athlete for sure. But when watching him in college, I did NOT see an NFL QB. you have to be able to be a good pocket passers and one that reads coverages very well to succeed in the NFL.

I think he has all the tools, physically, and I really lik his personality. But he was able to rely on his running so much in college, and he won't in the NFL. I'm rooting for his success, and NOT rooting for his failure (despite those that believe any kind of criticisms are). I don't care abotu his religion, I don't care about where he went to college, I don't care about his skin color. What I DO care about is the number of picks we used on a QB that really is NOT NFL ready.

Why is it, that people can't criticize this kid without people jumping on this "rooting for his failure" BS crap?

SOCALORADO.
12-09-2010, 11:58 AM

Tebow CAN read defenses and he did at FLA. He audibled a ton.
The standard knock on just about any college QB is that he needs to be able to diagnose and read defenses much better. Yeah, no kidding. Pundits always use this as a standard knock on most college QBs.
Sam Bradford has up until this year at STL never read a defense or audibled a play ever. Now he's learning to do this in STL on the fly.
At Oaklahoma the offensive coordinator in the booth read the defense throughout the game, relayed the play down to the sideline, and the play was then relayed to Bradford on the field. Never read a defense, ever.
Thats why you always saw him intensly looking over at the sideline after EVERY PLAY. If he didnt get the play, and time ran out, he would just call time out.
Bradford is doin it in STL, so Tebow with even more knowledge can do it in DEN. Its no big deal.

chazoe60
12-09-2010, 12:00 PM
DIdn't say he can't. People can learn to drive, but that doesn't mean I want to teach them while they are sitting behind the wheel at NASCAR.

I'm not much into stats, and watch him play. He's a good athlete for sure. But when watching him in college, I did NOT see an NFL QB. you have to be able to be a good pocket passers and one that reads coverages very well to succeed in the NFL.

I think he has all the tools, physically, and I really lik his personality. But he was able to rely on his running so much in college, and he won't in the NFL. I'm rooting for his success, and NOT rooting for his failure (despite those that believe any kind of criticisms are). I don't care abotu his religion, I don't care about where he went to college, I don't care about his skin color. What I DO care about is the number of picks we used on a QB that really is NOT NFL ready.

Why is it, that people can't criticize this kid without people jumping on this "rooting for his failure" BS crap?

I know what you're saying. I get the same thing because I criticize Orton so much. People assume I want him to fail and that is the furthest from the truth.

As far as Tebow goes I am really hoping we see a ton of him in these last four weeks. Let's see what he's learned.

BroncoStud
12-09-2010, 12:09 PM
Looks good to me. I would MUCH rather have a QB throw for 250 yards, 2 TDs and a 1 rush TD per week and convert in the redzone and on 3rd down than see Orton throw for 350, 2 TDs, and go 7-33 on 3rd down in 3 games... It's not even close.

I think Tebow gives Denver the best chance to win NOW.

PAINTERDAVE
12-09-2010, 12:10 PM
Rav... if my post seemed like an attack..
I am sorry.

There are a ton of people who seem invested in the Kid's failure.

I just want to see him used in these last throwaway games...

I am so excited about the Broncos future..
and how Tebow fits in is a part of that excitement.

I posted that video in repsonse to the bashing.

Not calling you a basher... there is simply so much of it...
by a minority of fans.

Look at the polls about giving Tebow a shot or not.

it's like 85% say .. give him a shot.

So... again... not calling you a basher...
sorry if I came off that way.

To all the Tebow haters...
if the shoe fits ..wear it.

PAINTERDAVE
12-09-2010, 12:12 PM
I know what you're saying. I get the same thing because I criticize Orton so much. People assume I want him to fail and that is the furthest from the truth.

As far as Tebow goes I am really hoping we see a ton of him in these last four weeks. Let's see what he's learned.

Yeah... Ortonary is failing just fine without your hoping for it!

3 wins on the season,
just sayin'....

cuzz4169
12-09-2010, 12:30 PM
its not the passing guys.

Its the reading. Its the identifying defenses.

I think Tebow is a wonderful athlete, but he does have a LOT to learn considering these are things he didn't have to do in college. There is a reason he wasn't ranked high in his own draft.

I'm looking forward to watching him play! WHen he does, I'm going to be crossing my fingers for him and TRULY Hoping he reaches expectations and is able to learn to read a defense. He has a high pole to hurdle in order to reach those expectations. But I'm TRULY hoping I'm wrong and he is everything he's been propped up to be by some, and not what he's been propped up to be by most.

How many rookie Qbs are great at reading an NFL defense? Thats a terrible excuse. And you can't say he doesn't know how to read a defense bc we havent seen him play in the nfl yet.

BigSarge87
12-09-2010, 12:35 PM
I too don't understand all the negative hype about him. I know watching that highlight reel makes him look like Steve Young, and that's not really fair, but it is evidence that he has the ability. Now it's just a matter of getting experience to build consistency.

I wasn't a fan of Tebow at Florida, I was with the rest of the nay sayers thinking he used his religous beliefs to further his image. Now that I've learned a ton more about him I think I was definately wrong. He's a good guy. That's pretty hard to find in the NFL, win or lose, he's definately worth rooting for. It would help me feel better watching with my boys to be able to say "There's Tebow, he's a amazing role model, watch how he handles being a superstar!"

Not to mention that the whole feeling of the game seems to change when he's in. He just seems to have that ability to make things happen. You could feel it watching him in the preseason. I think that's the intangible that everyone hopes rises to the surface. He gives you that deep suspicion that he's a playmaker. Let's find out before we write him off. He's definately worth the risk...IMO.

Ravage!!!
12-09-2010, 12:40 PM
Rav... if my post seemed like an attack..
I am sorry.

There are a ton of people who seem invested in the Kid's failure.

I just want to see him used in these last throwaway games...

I am so excited about the Broncos future..
and how Tebow fits in is a part of that excitement.

I posted that video in repsonse to the bashing.

Not calling you a basher... there is simply so much of it...
by a minority of fans.

Look at the polls about giving Tebow a shot or not.

it's like 78% say .. give him a shot.

So... again... not calling you a basher...
sorry if I came off that way.

To all the Tebow haters...
if the shoe fits ..wear it.

I'm a fully admitted Tebow "disbeliever." Not because I want the kid to fail, but because I dont think he'll ever reach the hype that is expected of him.

I, personally, don't think he's an NFL QB. But I WANT him to be. I ABSOLUTELY have called for him to be the starter since game ONE...because I already knew Orton was NOT the guy, and felt Tebow needed as much experience as we could possibly give him. I wanted to see him learn and grow and POSSIBLY be ready for next season. So I'm 100% with you on wanting to see him start every game for the rest of this year.

nevcraw
12-09-2010, 12:41 PM
Looks good to me. I would MUCH rather have a QB throw for 250 yards, 2 TDs and a 1 rush TD per week and convert in the redzone and on 3rd down than see Orton throw for 350, 2 TDs, and go 7-33 on 3rd down in 3 games... .

and watch Orton get sacked under normal pressure because he doesn't have the time clock in head thats says "RUN"

Ravage!!!
12-09-2010, 12:45 PM
The standard knock on just about any college QB is that he needs to be able to diagnose and read defenses much better. Yeah, no kidding. Pundits always use this as a standard knock on most college QBs.
Sam Bradford has up until this year at STL never read a defense or audibled a play ever. Now he's learning to do this in STL on the fly.
At Oaklahoma the offensive coordinator in the booth read the defense throughout the game, relayed the play down to the sideline, and the play was then relayed to Bradford on the field. Never read a defense, ever.
Thats why you always saw him intensly looking over at the sideline after EVERY PLAY. If he didnt get the play, and time ran out, he would just call time out.
Bradford is doin it in STL, so Tebow with even more knowledge can do it in DEN. Its no big deal.

More knowledge, in what way?

Seriously. GUys, tell me, because I'm REALLY confused. WHY is it that Bradford can miss nearly his ENTIRE senior year in college, and yet STILL be drafted as the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft while Tebow was graded out as a 2nd-3rd rounder??? I mean, if he has so much more knowledge than Bradford, and is so much better than Bradford, what was the reasons for the lower grade??? SURELY it has to be more than just the throwing motion. Has to be more to it than that. So what are the reasons? Just pure hate on the guy??

You are telling me that Bradford never read defenses in college (which is complete BS, but whatever). So what is it? Why was Tebow not even rated as the top 3 QBs to come out of his OWN draft class, and it wasn't even a top draft class of QBs like the one coming out this season.

PAINTERDAVE
12-09-2010, 12:48 PM
Kiper's rating of a guy means NOTHING.

It is about what a guy does on the field when he gets his chance.

Terrell Davis was a 6th round pick.

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick.

Rod Smith was a freaking walk on!

I just want to see the kid get his shot in the second half......
and start those two home games.

dogfish
12-09-2010, 12:55 PM

Seriously. GUys, tell me, because I'm REALLY confused. WHY is it that Bradford can miss nearly his ENTIRE senior year in college, and yet STILL be drafted as the #1 overall pick in the NFL draft while Tebow was graded out as a 2nd-3rd rounder??? I mean, if he has so much more knowledge than Bradford, and is so much better than Bradford, what was the reasons for the lower grade??? SURELY it has to be more than just the throwing motion. Has to be more to it than that. So what are the reasons? Just pure hate on the guy??

You are telling me that Bradford never read defenses in college (which is complete BS, but whatever). So what is it? Why was Tebow not even rated as the top 3 QBs to come out of his OWN draft class, and it wasn't even a top draft class of QBs like the one coming out this season.

because of questions about the unconventional throwing motion-- obviously. . . what's so confusing about that? great college player, suprememly successful, lots of physical ability and a great attitude-- and he slipped a little on draft day because of some question marks that the other top prospects at his position didn't share (the delivery). . . really not that much different from dez bryant slipping a little because he had some question marks about his attitude, or beanie wells slipping because of injury concerns. . . happens every year. . .

but if you really think he was projected as a 3rd rounder, you get your draft info from some serious dumbass sources. . . mayock had him as a probable late first rounder, right where he went-- so did NFLdraftscout and pro football weekly. . . you were getting some stale info, homie-- do you get your draft rankings off some fantasy football site, or BSPN? you gotta let kiper's tired ass go and start following mayock. . .

Ravage!!!
12-09-2010, 01:16 PM
because of questions about the unconventional throwing motion-- obviously. . . what's so confusing about that? great college player, suprememly successful, lots of physical ability and a great attitude-- and he slipped a little on draft day because of some question marks that the other top prospects at his position didn't share (the delivery). . . really not that much different from dez bryant slipping a little because he had some question marks about his attitude, or beanie wells slipping because of injury concerns. . . happens every year. . .

but if you really think he was projected as a 3rd rounder, you get your draft info from some serious dumbass sources. . . mayock had him as a probable late first rounder, right where he went-- so did NFLdraftscout and pro football weekly. . . you were getting some stale info, homie-- do you get your draft rankings off some fantasy football site, or BSPN? you gotta let kiper's tired ass go and start following mayock. . .

Homie. Getting your panties in a wad, Dog..........

If throwing motion were the ONLY thing.... Rivers wouldn't have been a #1 overall prospect. Manning's feet are terrible. So there is more to it than his throwing motion.

Bradford didn't get taken #1 overall, after missing nearly his entire senior year, because of his throwing motion. Whats so hard to see/confusing about that????

dogfish
12-09-2010, 01:25 PM

If throwing motion were the ONLY thing.... Rivers wouldn't have been a #1 overall prospect. Manning's feet are terrible. So there is more to it than his throwing motion.

Bradford didn't get taken #1 overall, after missing nearly his entire senior year, because of his throwing motion. Whats so hard to see/confusing about that????

okay, i told you what i'm pretty sure the answer is. . .

you seem to think there's more to it, so you tell me. . .

i don't understand why you want to keep comparing him to bradford. . . bradford was clearly the best QB prospect of last year's class, his accuracy is ****ing sick. . . i think he's the best QB prospect in at least a decade-- no shame for tebow to be rated lower, and it most certainly doesn't mean that he isn't a good prospect in his own right. . .

BigDaddyBronco

Rivers wasn't the #1 overall prospect. That is why the Chargers drafted Eli due to his trade value.

jhildebrand
Two things about that video that wash away some of the gloom from this season:

1. Tebow's pass against Pitt before the TD pass Tebow stays in the pocket and delivers a pass with a defender at his back and beginning to make contact. NICE.

2. Willis! I love that kid. I hope the new staff realizes what we have in him. He will be very good for us or in this league if he doesn't make it here.

BroncoStud
12-09-2010, 01:26 PM
In my humble opinion this is the dumbest debate in a long time...

Kyle Orton is 9-17 as starter for this team. The offense has a conversion rate that is in the bottom 25% of the NFL during his time here. Even the games where the running game was solid (like last week at Arrowhead) the Orton-led Denver Broncos are not converting and allowing an already poor defense to remain on the field longer than it should.

This is as no-brainer as it gets. The season is lost, Denver has several picks tied up in Tebow, they traded Hillis to acquire Quinn - LET THE YOUNG GUYS PLAY AND LEARN!

Who gives a rat's ass if the Broncos somehow win 2 more games to finish with 5 wins with Orton at QB, what good does that do ANYONE? If Orton plays more than 1/2 of the game at Arizona then this franchise is as stupid as so many seem to be claiming it is these days.

BroncoStud
12-09-2010, 01:27 PM

Yet Tebow outplayed Bradford in their only head-to-head meeting... :salute:

jhildebrand
12-09-2010, 01:27 PM
- LET THE YOUNG GUYS PLAY AND LEARN!

Youth movement? :confused:

:lol:

BigDaddyBronco
12-09-2010, 01:32 PM
Just like it doesn't make any sense to not let wink try and blitz against Arizone, it doesn't make any sense to not give at least a series or two to Tebow. They know what they got with Orton, they might as well see how Tebow handles adversity.

GEM
12-09-2010, 01:35 PM
Don't be sorry to me....
My title is obviously sarcasm...
in response to the Tebow Bashers.

It is funny... a few weeks ago...
they bashed Tebow by supporting Orton...
now that Orton's stock has plummeted...

they take a new tack and bash Tebow by saying the new coach will want
a "big , strong armed QB" so Tebow will have to go.

It is pretty interesting how many people WANT him to fail.

So much so they want our awesome first round pick spent on yet ANOTHER QB!

Amazing...instead of a stud D-lineman..
they dislike TEBOW so bad they want to use the pic on another Rookie QB.
Simply beyond amazement to me.
Tebow has spent a year on the bench learning...
has been in there scrambling for real..
has thrown an NFL pass for a TD...
BUT WE NEED TO DUMP HIM AND DRAFT ANOTHER ROOKIE QB?

Even a lot of the pretentious profesionals on the sports talk shows...
they seem invested in his failure...

truth is... the kid has never done anything but succeed.

If we don't go defensive juggernaut with that 1st, I'm driving down to Dove Valley and sticking a banana in Bowlen's tailpipe.

WARHORSE
12-09-2010, 01:37 PM

True, and McD said when he interviewed TT that the young QB was very impressive in his breakdown of film. He said he knew exactly what the defenses were doing, that this was one of the reasons he liked him so much.

I'll probably get flamed for even saying McD, but it is what it is.

Looking at what I saw of him during preseason and the little he played this season, what I DONT see is a young overwhelmed QB.

I see a guy who made plays.

Who knows what he can do? Why predict failure for him?

Let him get some reps so we know what we have.

Imo, maybe he wont be a Peyton Manning type, but a Big Ben type (no references to off the field issues please) ?

He can be an excellent pocket passer with mobility.

He can be a Big Ben type.

We just dont know.

All I DO know, is he can move the offense and put the ball in the endzone from what has been shown to date......

.....and since hes wearing BLUE and orange.........I have nothing but high hopes for him.

Go Broncos.

Go Tim Tebow.

Go Orton for that matter.
:salute::salute::salute:

Ravage!!!
12-09-2010, 01:37 PM
okay, i told you what i'm pretty sure the answer is. . .

you seem to think there's more to it, so you tell me. . .

i don't understand why you want to keep comparing him to bradford. . . bradford was clearly the best QB prospect of last year's class, his accuracy is ****ing sick. . . i think he's the best QB prospect in at least a decade-- no shame for tebow to be rated lower, and it most certainly doesn't mean that he isn't a good prospect in his own right. . .

wait. I'm told by so many, that Tebow's accuracy is better. I"m told he knows more about football, and I'm told he read more defenses and called more audibles than Bradford.

So Bradford's accuracy, his junior year, is what made him teh #1 overall pick?

I'm not BLAMING Tebow for anything. I've never even said that he can't be good (read my posts). I've said he BETTER be DAMNED good.. because this team spent MORE for him than the Rams did for Bradford. Using highly touted 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick to get a 1st and then using the 1st.. is a TON.

So if he's better than Bradford (as those that I was questioning had said), then WHY was he not even considered to be the top 3 QBs in the draft? Why was he rated below others, besides Bradford?

I think it has to do with the fact that he not only has a terrible throwing motion, but because of the system he spent the last 4-5 years learning in. Florida QBs have been terrible in the NFL. I think it has to do with the fact that Tebow was able to get away with running the ball in college, and tucks and runs. How about the fact that he never took snaps under center his entire time in Florida? He never really read defenses to begin with, but reading from under center is hard to do than from shotgun. Thats just yet another basic thing that has to be worked on, taught, and learned.

Like I said. I'm rooting for the kid. I want him to be great, because we need him to be. But I questioned those that bragged about how much better he was than Bradford, and Bradford was succeeding.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-09-2010, 01:39 PM

You're right it wasn't just about throwing motion. It was a popularity contest and the misconception that Tebow is widely seen as a "run first when things break down" QB like a Michael Vick or a Vince Young instead of a pure passer like a Bradford. If you look at Tebow's passing stats from college you'll see they are just as good, if not better, than Bradford's. Vick and Young were also top draft picks, even though they had similar questions about their ability to pass and read defenses. Tebow was also the leading rusher on his team every year... making him the #1 RB and QB.

People then claim "it was all Percy Harvin", then he went pro a year before Tebow and he was still a dominant passer so it became a "it was Aaron Hernandez and Riley Cooper that made Tebow look good" or it was "Urban Myers' scheme". All of that may play some factor in his passing success, but I think everyone knows by now that Tebow can throw the ball pretty darn well. Of all the things Tebow could be lacking as an NFL passer, every one is able to be overcome or completely eliminated through coaching.

I find it funny that if Tebow plays and isn't immediately successful than he'll be considered a failure. If he plays like John Elway did his first year, he'll be crucified and run out of town. He not only has to win, he needs to put up Peyton Manning-esque numbers too or there will still be overwhelming negativity in the media.

As I said waaayyyy back when we drafted the guy, there has NEVER been a more polarizing figure in football, college or pro. You either love Tim or you hate him. He's probably still the most overrated and underrated player in the NFL at the same time and he hasn't even started his first NFL game, yet. I think he's going to be very successful in the NFL, hopefully as a Bronco. The dude has never failed at anything.

GEM
12-09-2010, 01:39 PM
wait. I'm told by so many, that Tebow's accuracy is better. I"m told he knows more about football, and I'm told he read more defenses and called more audibles than Bradford.

I'm not BLAMING Tebow for anything. I've never even said that he can't be good (read my posts). I've said he BETTER be DAMNED good.. because this team spent MORE for him than the Rams did for Bradford. Using highly touted 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick to get a 1st and then using the 1st.. is a TON.

So if he's better than Bradford (as those that I was questioning had said), then WHY was he not even considered to be the top 3 QBs in the draft? Why was he rated below others, besides Bradford?

I think it has to do with the fact that he not only has a terrible throwing motion, but because of the system he spent the last 4-5 years learning in. Florida QBs have been terrible in the NFL. I think it has to do with the fact that Tebow was able to get away with running the ball in college, and tucks and runs. How about the fact that he never took snaps under center his entire time in Florida? He never really read defenses to begin with, but reading from under center is hard to do than from shotgun. Thats just yet another basic thing that has to be worked on, taught, and learned.

Like I said. I'm rooting for the kid. I want him to be great, because we need him to be. But I questioned those that bragged about how much better he was than Bradford, and Bradford was succeeding.

Your best bet on looking at Tebow is to stop comparing him to Bradford.

jhildebrand
12-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Using highly touted 2nd, 3rd, and 4th round pick to get a 1st and then using the 1st.. is a TON.

What ever you do don't call it a king's ransom :tsk:

Dirk
12-09-2010, 01:42 PM
If we don't go defensive juggernaut with that 1st, I'm driving down to Dove Valley and sticking a banana in Bowlen's tailpipe.

:eek:

Dirk
12-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Ok, many won't think this is part of it, but I think it has a lot to do with it.

Fans and pundits alike, don't like Tebow's faith being such a big part of his life. Any time I read anything on the kid, there is always a jab on him being so religious. Some times they have even came right out and said it is the reason they don't like him.

So, outside of his mechanics, I believe that his religious convictions play a major part in the way people look at him. Which shouldn't come in to the discussion about his ability to play, but it always does.

If he hadn't been so open and vocal about his religion I think a lot of the pundits would talk about him differntly.

Just my oppinion of course but I believe it to be true.

Ravage!!!
12-09-2010, 01:52 PM
Your best bet on looking at Tebow is to stop comparing him to Bradford.

I didn't. I was questioning those that DID

dogfish
12-09-2010, 01:54 PM

his accuracy CLEARLY is not better than bradford's. . .

and his brains, poise, athletic ability, college success, interviews, workouts, and everything else that goes into making a #1 pick. . . but yea, his accuracy is probably the number one thing that sets him apart-- the kid plants seeds on short-to-intermediate routes. . .

he's not better than bradford-- i never said he was, and i'm not going to defend someone else's position. . . most of the pre-draft chatter that i pay attention to had him as the second QB coming off the board, so i wasn't seeing him ranked behind mccoy or clausen. . .

SOCALORADO.
12-09-2010, 02:02 PM

Hillarious! Bradford never read defenses in college. Deal with it.
I know your struggling, but it OK, its that Cutler hangover that just wont go away.
The entire topic of the DEN QB position is just too much for you still.
Once you've had a nice, tall Tebow Bloody Mary, you will finally get over it.
And no one said Tebow was better than Bradford. Bradford has always been a top pick and his physical abilitys and mental game is as good as any of the other candidates at QB. Accuracy as well.
However, TT did have the ability to audible in the spread at FLA and did so consistently. This isnt a knock on Bradford, its just an area where TT is a bit ahead of him. Big Deal. Its more a defense of TT than it is a knock on Bradford. And TT made mistakes audibling too. Its not like hes perfect, but to say Bradford could read a defense in college is absolutely laughable.
His biggest knock coming out was the Oklahoma system, and his lack of knowledge reading the defenses. Can he read them now? Hes learning, and hes doin it on the job. Thats all i want to see from TT.

Ravage!!!
12-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Hillarious! Bradford never read defenses in college. Deal with it.
I know your struggling, but it OK, its that Cutler hangover that just wont go away.
The entire topic of the DEN QB position is just too much for you still.
Once you've had a nice, tall Tebow Bloody Mary, you will finally get over it.
And no one said Tebow was better than Bradford. Bradford has always been a top pick and his physical abilitys and mental game is as good as any of the other candidates at QB. Accuracy as well.
However, TT did have the ability to audible in the spread at FLA and did so consistently. This isnt a knock on Bradford, its just an area where TT is a bit ahead of him. Big Deal. Its more a defense of TT than it is a knock on Bradford. And TT made mistakes audibling too. Its not like hes perfect, but to say Bradford could read a defense in college is absolutely laughable.
His biggest knock coming out was the Oklahoma system, and his lack of knowledge reading the defenses. Can he read them now? Hes learning, and hes doin it on the job. Thats all i want to see from TT.

See its posts like this, and attitudes like YOU.. that put people against Tebow. :lol:

Whatever dude. THink that ALLLLL the criticisms on Tebow have something to do with anything OTHER than Tebow himself, if that makes you feel all warm and cozy inside your tebow Snuggie. :lol:

GEM
12-09-2010, 02:39 PM
Ok, many won't think this is part of it, but I think it has a lot to do with it.

Fans and pundits alike, don't like Tebow's faith being such a big part of his life. Any time I read anything on the kid, there is always a jab on him being so religious. Some times they have even came right out and said it is the reason they don't like him.

So, outside of his mechanics, I believe that his religious convictions play a major part in the way people look at him. Which shouldn't come in to the discussion about his ability to play, but it always does.

If he hadn't been so open and vocal about his religion I think a lot of the pundits would talk about him differntly.

For me, his stance on his religion endears him more to me. I'd much rather hear about his missionary trips to the Phillipines than to hear about Vince Young's drives around Nashville with a gun in the car or PacMan's ability to make it rain.

Dirk
12-09-2010, 02:46 PM
For me, his stance on his religion endears him more to me. I'd much rather hear about his missionary trips to the Phillipines than to hear about Vince Young's drives around Nashville with a gun in the car or PacMan's ability to make it rain.

I am there with you on that. He is indeed a role model for everyone even if you take religion out of the equation.

But I still think others have a hard time with the religious aspect of it all.

I lived in St. Louis when Warner took over the Rams. Having to listen to all of the fans and media alike bashing Warner all the time about his religion was sickening. Even when he was playing lights out.

That love/hate relationship with Warner reminds me of the one with Tebow, but with Tebow it is much worse.

Just let the guy play ball and win the job or lose the job on his merit. Don't dismiss the guy without even a chance.

GEM
12-09-2010, 02:54 PM
I am there with you on that. He is indeed a role model for everyone even if you take religion out of the equation.

But I still think others have a hard time with the religious aspect of it all.

I lived in St. Louis when Warner took over the Rams. Having to listen to all of the fans and media alike bashing Warner all the time about his religion was sickening. Even when he was playing lights out.

That love/hate relationship with Warner reminds me of the one with Tebow, but with Tebow it is much worse.

Just let the guy play ball and win the job or lose the job on his merit. Don't dismiss the guy without even a chance.

Those are the same idiots that dismiss PacMan's actions because of his upbringing.

Dreadnought
12-09-2010, 03:02 PM
Those are the same idiots that dismiss PacMan's actions because of his upbringing.

Or claim you have no right to judge his actions because he wasn't (I'm not sure if he ever was, honestly) convicted of any felonies :tsk:

BCJ
12-09-2010, 03:04 PM

You sure that is it or the video is really bad and hard to follow the ball? I like everything about Tebow; his character, his playing ability, his blood and bruise attitude towards football, etc. He is a gamer. I just wonder if people try to get Phillip Rivers to throw more orthodox or are they happy the way he is producing another stellar season in stats and wins (well, wins not so much this year)? Liking Tebow isnt hating on Orton but this kid can work out, I would hate for the next coach to try to get another QB when we need desperate help on defense. I am even in favor of dropping a few spots to get the same defense guy and pick up another high draft pick.

BTW Painter Dave, how is that prediction on the 5th of Dec. about McD not getting fired?

I Eat Staples
12-09-2010, 03:05 PM

Only speaking for myself here. I don't care what a player believes in or what his faith is as long as he produces on the field.

TimTebow15MVP
12-09-2010, 04:02 PM
dont listen to the media and clueless fans around the league. everybody hates a winner. look at tom brady. do you know how many people hated tom brady and loved peyton manning more while tom brady was winnign 3 rings and peyton was still a regular season warrior?

people hate tebow because they envy tebow. such a clean cut guy with a good head on his shoulders. has all the talent in the world, a great leader, mobile. winner, everybody loves to hate a guy like that. Im just glad we have a guy that will be hated but will produce and be the face of the NFL.

tebow could always make everythrow. his work ethic is like no other! he will be able to read defenses. because nobody will work harder than tebowin the film room and weight room

Lancane
12-09-2010, 04:12 PM
dont listen to the media and clueless fans around the league. everybody hates a winner. look at tom brady. do you know how many people hated tom brady and loved peyton manning more while tom brady was winnign 3 rings and peyton was still a regular season warrior?

people hate tebow because they envy tebow. such a clean cut guy with a good head on his shoulders. has all the talent in the world, a great leader, mobile. winner, everybody loves to hate a guy like that. Im just glad we have a guy that will be hated but will produce and be the face of the NFL.

tebow could always make everythrow. his work ethic is like no other! he will be able to read defenses. because nobody will work harder than tebowin the film room and weight room

I don't think people hate Tebow because he's a winner...there have been several quarterbacks that have been ridiculed or questioned coming into the pro's, that is not hate...I think at times people can get irritated with his 'see no evil' outlook and over zealous religious remarks, but if people actually hate him because of his driven nature to succeed and those few other quirks, then that's just stupid and people need to get a life.

Dirk
12-09-2010, 04:15 PM
I don't think people hate Tebow because he's a winner...there have been several quarterbacks that have been ridiculed or questioned coming into the pro's, that is not hate...I think at times people can get irritated with his 'see no evil' outlook and over zealous religious remarks, but if people actually hate him because of his driven nature to succeed and those few other quirks, then that's just stupid and people need to get a life.

Exactly what I am talking about.

Not saying that you hate him because of it, because I think deep down you want him to succeed. But even in your post you are harsh on those points.

Elevation inc
12-09-2010, 04:50 PM

but your right orton cant read defenses, he has forced it all year long into double and triple coverage, while teh defense gave him underneath many times the play woudl have been a first down to...he just has a insane WR in lloyd who constantly bails him out.....

Lancane
12-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Exactly what I am talking about.

Not saying that you hate him because of it, because I think deep down you want him to succeed. But even in your post you are harsh on those points.

Maybe I am, I know I'm critical of him...maybe it's the coach in me. But I do want him to succeed, I mean...who wouldn't, he's a bright kid with this never say die attitude, a drive to succeed that puts many in the league to shame and he is charismatic little shit to boot. I own two Tebow jerseys already, I wouldn't have wasted the money if I didn't like the kid...it's sure in the hell nothing personal either.

;)

PAINTERDAVE
12-09-2010, 06:26 PM
You sure that is it or the video is really bad and hard to follow the ball? I like everything about Tebow; his character, his playing ability, his blood and bruise attitude towards football, etc. He is a gamer. I just wonder if people try to get Phillip Rivers to throw more orthodox or are they happy the way he is producing another stellar season in stats and wins (well, wins not so much this year)? Liking Tebow isnt hating on Orton but this kid can work out, I would hate for the next coach to try to get another QB when we need desperate help on defense. I am even in favor of dropping a few spots to get the same defense guy and pick up another high draft pick.

BTW Painter Dave, how is that prediction on the 5th of Dec. about McD not getting fired?

I did not think he would get fired...
but who would have dreamed he would come out in that presser Monday and say..
"Not gonna develop Tebow now... gonna stick with what we've got."

That was the nail in his own coffin. He was planning to just play out the string with Orton...
wasting this opportunity to develop Tebow now in trash time.

Bowlen simply had enough.

were it not for the spygate deal and McD's stubborn and self serving insistance
on not playing Tebow to finish this season...
I do not think McD would have been fired.

Time to move on either way.

I have never been hailed far and wide as a prognosticator.

Dzone
12-09-2010, 06:50 PM
anybody hear correll buckhalter on 87.7 just now? Asked if Orton were to go down, which backup QB gives the team the best chance to win. He said Tebow

BroncoWave
12-09-2010, 07:00 PM
anybody hear correll buckhalter on 87.7 just now? Asked if Orton were to go down, which backup QB gives the team the best chance to win. He said Tebow

Not much of a surprise that he said that. Tebow has been QB2 in nearly every game this year.

horsepig
12-09-2010, 09:31 PM
I really don't understand why this guy couldn't be a NFL passer :confused:

He has a lot of talent, he proves that in college. He has a great mentality and he seems like he's not afraid to compete.
We never know if rookies can make it to the NFL level, but give him his chance... After all, we don't have a lot to lose but a lot to win now.
PLay the kid, let him grow with this offense and build a D... That's all my Xmas wishes :D

Are you kidding me? He's fat for one thing. All those stats he racked up in highschool and college mean nothing. Nothing!

The most prolific passer in college history? So what? Any old Joe can play for a school like Florida, just ask the 5star recruits* sitting on the bench.

Talent? Yeah, he should make a sevicable fullback, or maybe a strong safety, second string, of course. Really, why don't we just dump this chump.

*One of those guys would just happen to be Cam Newton. Just venting, thanks everybody.

PAINTERDAVE
12-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Quinn has got to be thinking...

"Dang, I hope I get traded in the off season..."

I mean...

Orton dont wanna be a back up .. I'm pretty sure.
Quinn... as a forme r#1 pick dont wanna be a backup... I bet.

I just wonder what he is thinking about his own future...

chazoe60
12-09-2010, 09:36 PM
but your right orton cant read defenses, he has forced it all year long into double and triple coverage, while teh defense gave him underneath many times the play woudl have been a first down to...he just has a insane WR in lloyd who constantly bails him out.....

I agree, that's why I said "kinda". Orton's lack of reading skills were never more obvious than in the Jets and last Chiefs games. He is pretty much terrible.

PAINTERDAVE
12-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Are you kidding me? He's fat for one thing. All those stats he racked up in highschool and college mean nothing. Nothing!

The most prolific passer in college history? So what? Any old Joe can play for a school like Florida, just ask the 5star recruits* sitting on the bench.

Talent? Yeah, he should make a sevicable fullback, or maybe a strong safety, second string, of course. Really, why don't we just dump this chump.

One of those guys would just happen to be Cam Newton. Just venting, thanks everybody.

Fat, huh?

Last I saw Tebow was in great shape... quite a speciman.

I wonder what you look like? Care to share?

chazoe60
12-09-2010, 09:40 PM

One of those guys would just happen to be Cam Newton. Just venting, thanks everybody.
I'm really hoping that this is some sort of joke. If it is not it is one of the most ignorant posts I have seen in quite some time.

horsepig
12-09-2010, 09:42 PM

I mean...

At this point I think it's pretty much gotta be about drawing a pretty sweet paycheck and finishing your career with good knees.

chazoe60
12-09-2010, 09:46 PM
At this point I think it's pretty much gotta be about drawing a pretty sweet paycheck and finishing your career with good knees.

I take it younever participated in competitive sports because that is not a way competitive people think.

Lancane
12-09-2010, 09:46 PM
Not much of a surprise that he said that. Tebow has been QB2 in nearly every game this year.

He's always been a solid leader, and his teammates feed off his energy. I don't think it matters that he's the number two or three, they likely feel that confidence of his and that can be infectious.

PAINTERDAVE
12-09-2010, 10:05 PM

Orton is 28

Quinn is what? maybe 27?

They both got plenty of gas left in the tank.

dogfish
12-09-2010, 10:09 PM

quinn's praying he never has to go in. . .

:heh:

jhildebrand
12-09-2010, 10:43 PM
quinn's praying he never has to go in. . .

:heh:

So are you saying Quinn is on his knees? :confused:

Dzone
12-09-2010, 10:51 PM
Keep Orton as Tebows backup and trade Quinn

dogfish
12-09-2010, 10:51 PM
:shocked:

:fear:

NameUsedBefore
12-09-2010, 10:55 PM
Orton satisfies a stat whore's every need. Can Tebow do that?

NameUsedBefore
12-09-2010, 10:59 PM
That video goes really well with Feist's brilliant, "My Moon My Man".

Just a by the way.

BCJ
12-09-2010, 11:31 PM

I mean...

He should be happy he has a paying job in the nfl. He can hang out with Chris Simms and get a cool ankle tattoo together.

horsepig
12-09-2010, 11:46 PM
I take it younever participated in competitive sports because that is not a way competitive people think.

Point taken, but do you really think Brady thinks he has a rats chance of starting?

Maybe, I guess.

horsepig
12-09-2010, 11:58 PM
Orton is 28

Quinn is what? maybe 27?

They both got plenty of gas left in the tank.

Yeah, but what has Quinn done? I gyess I should just shut up and let the casrds fall. I am not a coach at Dove Valley. But I have wonder who in the Hell is running the projector.

sneakers
12-10-2010, 01:04 AM
I like the title of the thread! :happy:

Poet
12-10-2010, 01:32 AM
He's a question mark. Ravage's point about not being in the top three QB's is valid. Let's be honest, his passing stats are dishonest. A lot of them were dink and dunk passes ran in a scheme that couldn't hack it in the NFL. That's ok, because that's college ball, but when you factor that with his mechanics, it's worrisome.

I don't think he was a first round player. I think that he was graded to be a first round player because of his ability to play FOOTBALL in the NFL, not because of his ability to play quarterback in the NFL.

If you're taken in the first round as a QB, you're expected to be a stud passer. I can't see many scenarios that end in him being a guy who lives up to his status as a first round QB.

That being said, he obviously has hope. Denver would screw the pooch by putting him on the field. The only time a QB is successful as a rookie is if he doesn't have to throw the ball and his defense is dominant. The Broncos don't have the defenses that Joe Flacco and Ben Roethlisberger 'succeeded' in.

Aaron Rogers, Steve McNair and Carson Palmer are all guys who benefited from sitting down in their first year. Matt Ryan and Bradford are the only guys that recently have succeeded in their first year. IDK, it's a tough call.

I also want to point out that I really WANT Tebow to do well. He's the opposite of a lot of the guys I don't like.

TimTebow15MVP
12-10-2010, 05:04 AM
When somebody makes a statement like all he did was throw dinks and dunks in college ill say that person doesnt have a clue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WNWFPDls1I

A ton of tebow passes^^^ show me a ton of dinks and dunks please. Just because you write alot in your post doesnt make it true. lol

then when u factor in how well he threw passes down the field in the pre season none of the facts add up to (dink and dunk)

tebows mechanics schemantics didnt matter in college. it didnt matter when james harrison and company was rushing him in the pre season either. If tebow never lives up to a first round pick but plays like a 7th round pick like tom brady then im fine with that. lol.

Dirk
12-10-2010, 06:17 AM
His mechanics won't matter anyway if the Oline can keep the pressure off of him.

I'm not so much worried that the DBs will sniff out his pass too soon, my worry is them stripping the ball. So if the Oline can protect, then no worries.

Lancane
12-10-2010, 06:56 AM
His mechanics won't matter anyway if the Oline can keep the pressure off of him.

I'm not so much worried that the DBs will sniff out his pass too soon, my worry is them stripping the ball. So if the Oline can protect, then no worries.

You make a great point Dirk, we all saw him get hammered during the match-up with Pittsburgh, the right side may be an issue. Ryan Harris is set to be an unrestricted free agent, and I'm not sure he's the best choice anyways. After all, Clady needs to remain on the left, that's usually where the best defenders rush from. So do we sign a free agent that has that left-tackle capability to start at right tackle, or do we draft someone that measures up well for the position?

Someone like Joseph Barksdale, maybe Demarcus Love or even Marcus Gilbert? I know the thought of drafting another offensive lineman rather high will perturb others, but protecting him should be a priority. Or we can go after a proven veteran like Matt Light from New England, he's a former left-tackle who moved to the right side.

Nomad
12-10-2010, 07:22 AM
Go tebow!!

Poet
12-10-2010, 12:17 PM
When somebody makes a statement like all he did was throw dinks and dunks in college ill say that person doesnt have a clue.

A ton of tebow passes^^^ show me a ton of dinks and dunks please. Just because you write alot in your post doesnt make it true. lol

then when u factor in how well he threw passes down the field in the pre season none of the facts add up to (dink and dunk)

tebows mechanics schemantics didnt matter in college. it didnt matter when james harrison and company was rushing him in the pre season either. If tebow never lives up to a first round pick but plays like a 7th round pick like tom brady then im fine with that. lol.

Nice personal jabs. I, like most of the people who watch college football, saw that offense. It was mostly a dink and dunk offense. Obviously there were exceptions.

Ravage!!!
12-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Nice personal jabs. I, like most of the people who watch college football, saw that offense. It was mostly a dink and dunk offense. Obviously there were exceptions.

Just like the offense we had in Denver.

I Eat Staples
12-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Keep Orton as Tebows backup and trade Quinn

If Orton is going to be a backup in the NFL, its not going to be to Tim Tebow.

Nice highlight reel there, but unless it showcases the majority of the passes he threw then it really isn't relevant to the post you quoted.

Also, Tom Brady was not a seventh round pick.

DenBronx
12-10-2010, 05:38 PM
THEIR ALL GONNA LAUGH AT YOUhttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k272/DenBronx/adam_sandler.jpg

sneakers
12-10-2010, 05:41 PM
What the hell is wrong with the way he throws the ball? It is going forward right?

Day1BroncoFan
12-10-2010, 05:54 PM
As long as Tebow throws the ball to one of his team mates who cares how it gets there.

SOCALORADO.
12-10-2010, 06:01 PM
What the hell is wrong with the way he throws the ball? It is going forward right?

Yes, but his motion isnt generating the 1.21 jigawatts of electricity to get past the space-time continuum with the football, so according to the "experts" he just wont make it in the NFL.

sneakers
12-10-2010, 06:02 PM
Yes, but his motion isnt generating the 1.21 jigawatts of electricity to get past the space-time continuum with the football, so according to the "experts" he just wont make it in the NFL.

I thought bernie kosar was always said to have a funky delivery too....and he was pretty good if I remember.

chazoe60
12-10-2010, 06:12 PM
I thought bernie kosar was always said to have a funky delivery too....and he was pretty good if I remember.

I sure enjoyed the AFCCG's he played in.

sneakers
12-10-2010, 06:15 PM
I sure enjoyed the AFCCG's he played in.

I think he did end up winning a superbowl as a backup with the cowboys???

Lancane
12-10-2010, 06:15 PM

So did Joe Montana and Brock Huard, to name a couple.

By the way, this is a list of all left handed quarterbacks in the NFL up to 2006 -

Allie Sherman
Frankie Albert
Ernie Case
Fred Wyant
Terry Baker
Bobby Douglass
Ken Stabler
Jim Del Gaizo
Dennis Morrison
David Humm
Jim Zorn
Paul McDonald
Boomer Esiason
Steve Young
Erik Wilhelm
Jeff Carlson
Scott Mitchell
Todd Marinovich
Will Furrer
Mark Brunell
Doug Nussmeier
Steve Matthews
Tony Graziani
Cade McNown
Matt Lytle
Brock Huard
Michael Vick
Dave Ragone
Chris Simms
Matt Leinart
Jared Lorenzen
David Greene

A few on the list have been questioned with having iffy mechanics or weird deliveries, like Huard and I think Young. Montana had the same issues, but he was right-handed as well.

robert ethan
12-11-2010, 01:55 AM
For whover accused Tebow of "dinking and dunking" in college, his ypc rate was higher than Bradford's for his career. 14.5 to 13.9. Tim's completion percentage was slightly lower (1%), but he played a lot more games on a less pass oriented team. I think that both guys ended up (spookily enough) with the identical number of passing TDs and Ints (88-16) but Timmy put up 3,000 rushing yards to Sam's 30. And still was more durable.

Also, Tim's career YPC, comp %, passer rating, etc. are higher than any of the guys coming out this year. The season Andrew Luck had this year wasn't as good as Tebow's soph season by the numbers, and Tim was a year younger than Luck when he did it.

CrazyHorse
12-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Tim Tebow is the Anti-Jamarcus Russell.

I Eat Staples
12-11-2010, 04:47 PM
For whover accused Tebow of "dinking and dunking" in college, his ypc rate was higher than Bradford's for his career. 14.5 to 13.9. Tim's completion percentage was slightly lower (1%), but he played a lot more games on a less pass oriented team. I think that both guys ended up (spookily enough) with the identical number of passing TDs and Ints (88-16) but Timmy put up 3,000 rushing yards to Sam's 30. And still was more durable.

Also, Tim's career YPC, comp %, passer rating, etc. are higher than any of the guys coming out this year. The season Andrew Luck had this year wasn't as good as Tebow's soph season by the numbers, and Tim was a year younger than Luck when he did it.

YPC is not indicative of how far he actually threw the ball. As for comparing him to Luck, no one is arguing that Luck will be a great NFL QB because of his stats. Stats don't mean much at all when evaluating prospects.

Ravage!!!
12-11-2010, 06:52 PM

YOu need to stop just looking at the numbers, and think that everyone judges talent based on the stat sheet. They don't. You can tell me all the numbers you want, but the facts are the people watch the play, the execution on the field, and the kind of football they play to evaluate why a player is a better NFL prospect than another.

Tebows "stats" compared to Luck means ABSOLUTELY nothing. Luck is considered to be the best NFL prospect to come out of college SINCE John Elway (Elway was, and STILL is, the highest rated player to EVER come out of college at any position). Scouts aren't looking at stats.
They know... KNOW...that Andrew Luck is a can't miss prospect for the NFL. Period.

PAINTERDAVE
12-11-2010, 07:08 PM
YOu need to stop just looking at the numbers, and think that everyone judges talent based on the stat sheet. They don't. You can tell me all the numbers you want, but the facts are the people watch the play, the execution on the field, and the kind of football they play to evaluate why a player is a better NFL prospect than another.

Tebows "stats" compared to Luck means ABSOLUTELY nothing. Luck is considered to be the best NFL prospect to come out of college SINCE John Elway (Elway was, and STILL is, the highest rated player to EVER come out of college at any position). Scouts aren't looking at stats.
They know... KNOW...that Andrew Luck is a can't miss prospect for the NFL. Period.

Sorry, but no one KNOWS the future.

How many times have we heard "NFL ready" attatched to a Rookie QB?

Look at Jimmy Clausen. They all said he was the best of last years draft class.... "NFL ready". He sucks.

Time will tell if Luck is great. Time will tell if Tebow is great.

Besides... who says Luck will even be sitting there when Denver gets to pick anyway?

Ravage!!!
12-11-2010, 07:18 PM
Sorry, but no one KNOWS the future.

How many times have we heard "NFL ready" attatched to a Rookie QB?

Look at Jimmy Clausen. They all said he was the best of last years draft class.... "NFL ready". He sucks.

Time will tell if Luck is great. Time will tell if Tebow is great.

Besides... who says Luck will even be sitting there when Denver gets to pick anyway?

Sorry, but...

we aren't saying he's a Clausen or just "NFL ready"...

The HIGHEST rating, coming out of college, since ELway. Clausen was said to be the most NFL "ready" of the class".... COMPLETELY different. NOT even in the same galaxy, different. Luck isn't just NFL ready, he's far beyond that. He's as sure of a thing, as you can get, when coming out of college. He's the kind of talent that you can nearly BET will be an NFL star.... just as you could with Manning (but not even Manning was graded out as high as Luck is).

Luck will NOT be sitting there when Denver picks. Luck will, undoubtedly, be the #1 over all pick in the draft.

robert ethan
12-11-2010, 08:43 PM
Sorry, but...

The HIGHEST rating, coming out of college, since ELway. Clausen was said to be the most NFL "ready" of the class".... COMPLETELY different. NOT even in the same galaxy, different. Luck isn't just NFL ready, he's far beyond that. He's as sure of a thing, as you can get, when coming out of college. He's the kind of talent that you can nearly BET will be an NFL star.... just as you could with Manning (but not even Manning was graded out as high as Luck is).

Luck will NOT be sitting there when Denver picks. Luck will, undoubtedly, be the #1 over all pick in the draft.

Jake Locker was the highest rated QB just a couple months back. Luck was no better than third at the position. Things change. You can't overlook what Tebow did as a sophomore if you're going to start pimping these guys after a year or two as a starter in college. As a 20 year old soph, Tebow had a better season as a passer and runner than any of them.

If you want to get into the "eyeball" arena, Luck drops his arm below his waist winding up the same as Tebow did. His long passes float worse than Tim's ever did.

chazoe60
12-11-2010, 09:48 PM
Tim Tebow is the Anti-Jamarcus Russell.

Funny you should say that. I work with an idiot who told me that Tebow is just like Russell in every way on the field. And this same mongoloid pretends to know a lot about football. I wanted to stab out his eyes with a pencil.

BeefStew25
12-11-2010, 10:01 PM
Tebow LOVES purple drank.

TimTebow15MVP
12-11-2010, 10:15 PM

who the hell told you that luck was the best thing smokin since elway? thats a first. ryan leaf was a slam dunk also. im sure russell was a slam dunk in alot of scouts minds too. damn theres alot of slam dunkin. but no football being played out of these slam dunks. i like luck though. but a slam dunk? why because he carved up and executed in college? so did tebow but BETTER. so ehhh im gonna go ahead and label myself a scout even though ima average human being and say tebow is a SLAM DUNK cant miss prospect...Now how much does that mean? Nothing...

TimTebow15MVP
12-11-2010, 10:20 PM
Sorry, but...

where was brady graded? Shows you how much grades means. you wanna know something? ryan leaf and peyton manning had the same grade. so close of slam dunks it was basically if you dont get one then oh well youll get the other slam dunk. im sure those two were also the best thang smokin since elway. well we see how that turned out. by the way cam newton is the best quarterback in the nation. yeah i watch the games also. both will be good though.

TimTebow15MVP
12-11-2010, 10:21 PM
Jake Locker was the highest rated QB just a couple months back. Luck was no better than third at the position. Things change. You can't overlook what Tebow did as a sophomore if you're going to start pimping these guys after a year or two as a starter in college. As a 20 year old soph, Tebow had a better season as a passer and runner than any of them.

If you want to get into the "eyeball" arena, Luck drops his arm below his waist winding up the same as Tebow did. His long passes float worse than Tim's ever did.

lol how could we forget that just a little while ago jake locker was indeed the number one overall pick. people and there grades mean nothing. flavor of the week.

Lancane
12-11-2010, 11:18 PM
who the hell told you that luck was the best thing smokin since elway? thats a first. ryan leaf was a slam dunk also. im sure russell was a slam dunk in alot of scouts minds too. damn theres alot of slam dunkin. but no football being played out of these slam dunks. i like luck though. but a slam dunk? why because he carved up and executed in college? so did tebow but BETTER. so ehhh im gonna go ahead and label myself a scout even though ima average human being and say tebow is a SLAM DUNK cant miss prospect...Now how much does that mean? Nothing...

How about almost every scouting agency and scout team that is tied to the league? Several well respected pro athletes have said that he's the real deal, so Rav is not stating an opinion that is by in far more then commonly viewed.

I understand that scouts are not perfect nor are draft analysts, if they were then the likes of Tom Brady and Terrell Davis wouldn't have been drafted later on, but it happens. Shannon Sharpe was a 7th Round Pick, Karl Meckleburg was a 12th round pick. Sometimes very talented players don't translate well to the NFL, sometimes those we believe are less talented prove otherwise...I think Denver fans understand that better then anyone. After all, some of our greatest players didn't even get a sniff until about the 4th Round on.

However, one fact has been established over the years and that's that franchise quarterbacks are usually drafted in the first round, few have been drafted any later then the second. Tom Brady was a fluke, just like Davis and several other tremendous athletes that have contributed or shaped the game, Joe Montana is another that like Brady people had questioned and ranked lower then what his play level would be in the pros. Tim Tebow was given a second to third round draft grade, so the majority who ranked him as such could be dead wrong...as you pointed out there are a number of first round ranked quarterbacks that have indeed been busts.

But the rankings on Luck stand, those arguing about Locker don't realize that he is the top ranked senior quarterback, Luck wouldn't have fit into the equation until 2012 when he was bound to be a senior, as the junior class goes, Luck has been rated number one for over a year. The fact that he's playing at such a high level, that he has the talent and abilities that team's covet, if he enters the draft it does make him the top quarterback of the draft class, same with Mallett. Locker doesn't rival them because they are juniors considered more talented and gifted, but if the draft only included seniors, then Locker is atop the class. Ravage's point is that statistics have very little to do with scout rankings...it's a combination of natural talent, physique, mechanics and overall ability, a high percentage rate to translate to the NFL, intelligence, competitiveness and so on. We've seen kids that have blown and done shit at the combine and have stilled been drafted high, why? Because the numbers don't mean that much. Or no matter Tebow's flaws...he'd have been a Top 10 pick.

Medford Bronco
12-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Kiper's rating of a guy means NOTHING.

It is about what a guy does on the field when he gets his chance.

Terrell Davis was a 6th round pick.

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick.

Rod Smith was a freaking walk on!

I just want to see the kid get his shot in the second half......
and start those two home games.

Kiper is a turd

I want him to play. WE have nothing to lose now.

Try him for a 4 week preview for the new coach next season

Krugan
12-11-2010, 11:34 PM
All you have to do is watch Luck play.

Nothing else needs to be said. The kid looks the part.

Anyway I doubt highly he falls into this teams lap, and frankly at this point all the holes that are here, need to be adressed with the highend picks.

You can perform with a servicable QB, if the rest of your team is solid.

Lancane
12-11-2010, 11:42 PM
Kiper is a turd

I want him to play. WE have nothing to lose now.

Try him for a 4 week preview for the new coach next season

That isn't a lie, I want Tebow to succeed for a couple reasons...one of em' is to rub shit in that man's face. Kiper is such a douche, and the baby-fit he threw on national television when we drafted Tebow was F'n hilarious.

robert ethan
12-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Go back and look at the highlight film from Tebow's Heisman season. He looks every bit as good in every respect as anything I've seen on Luck. Both players threw the same number of passes in their big soph season (350/349) but Tebow had 250 more yards, 4 more TDs, 1 less pick, 6 points higher passer rating. Tim had twice as much rushing yardage and 20 more TDs on the ground. Tim was also a year younger when he did it, and didn't have former NFL QBs as father and coach.

Ravage!!!
12-12-2010, 10:09 AM
Go back and look at the highlight film from Tebow's Heisman season. He looks every bit as good in every respect as anything I've seen on Luck. Both players threw the same number of passes in their big soph season (350/349) but Tebow had 250 more yards, 4 more TDs, 1 less pick, 6 points higher passer rating. Tim had twice as much rushing yardage and 20 more TDs on the ground. Tim was also a year younger when he did it, and didn't have former NFL QBs as father and coach.

which is why you won't be getting a job as an NFL scout, anytime soon. Highlight films mean diddly.

BroncoNut
12-12-2010, 11:57 AM

I hold no expectations until I see the kid play. what the pros are saying? ?? give me a break.

jhildebrand
12-12-2010, 12:04 PM
Go back and look at the highlight film

Just because David Hasslehoff has a greatest hits CD doesn't make it so. You get what I'm sayin? :confused:

rcsodak
12-12-2010, 01:07 PM
I'm a fully admitted Tebow "disbeliever." Not because I want the kid to fail, but because I dont think he'll ever reach the hype that is expected of him.

I, personally, don't think he's an NFL QB. But I WANT him to be. I ABSOLUTELY have called for him to be the starter since game ONE...because I already knew Orton was NOT the guy, and felt Tebow needed as much experience as we could possibly give him. I wanted to see him learn and grow and POSSIBLY be ready for next season. So I'm 100% with you on wanting to see him start every game for the rest of this year.

I think it's referred to 'non-believer' . :coffee:

And Orton has received nothing but accolades from the NFL world. I think I'll stick with those that know (in your own words). :D

JaxBroncoGirl
12-12-2010, 06:46 PM
To Ravage:

Do you think Orton is NFL material right now? Orton can not play right now. So, why not give Tebow the ball for a few snaps? It is 17-3 right now and Orton certainly is not playing NFL QB type ball.

Some reason you are not sold on Tebow, which is fine. Let the guy play before you make up your mind because right now Orton is playing and throwing in the dirt. Maybe just maybe the new coach is making a statement about McD playing Orton the entire season. Something has to be going on with the Broncos for them to continue to play Orton when he is playing this badly.

Ravage!!!
12-12-2010, 06:48 PM
To Ravage:

Do you think Orton is NFL material right now? Orton can not play right now. So, why not give Tebow the ball for a few snaps? It is 17-3 right now and Orton certainly is not playing NFL QB type ball.

Some reason you are not sold on Tebow, which is fine. Let the guy play before you make up your mind because right now Orton is playing and throwing in the dirt. Maybe just maybe the new coach is making a statement about McD playing Orton the entire season. Something has to be going on with the Broncos for them to continue to play Orton when he is playing this badly.

Jax.

I've been saying since game 1, that we should put Tebow in the game.

sneakers
12-20-2010, 12:30 AM
What a frickin loser....threw 8 incompletions. :whistle:

PAINTERDAVE
12-20-2010, 01:54 AM

lol

SOCALORADO.
12-20-2010, 09:49 AM