PDA

View Full Version : Raider Week!!!!

Bronco9798
08-30-2008, 09:06 AM
As with long standing tradition, it is time to post a thread to get ready for Raider Week!!! Although the rivalry has not been exactly heated as in long years past, it's still Raider Week!!!!

Time to post any pictures, memories, or anything you like about the Raiders/Broncos rivalry leading up the start up the season and what a better way to start it then by playing the Raiders on opening weekend and on Monday Night Football. Only drawback to this game will be listening to Golic and Greeny doing the play by play.

GO BRONCOS!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v472/Khouck001/dw2cs.jpg

Dreadnought
08-30-2008, 09:32 AM
Raider week has me building up into a near homicidal frenzy as the days go by. I don't care what the records are, because I have built up 40 years of hatred for the Fade that I'll carry with me to my grave. To me, no season is ever a total loss if we can sweep the Raiders, and the 7-9 from 2007 is made all the more unendurable because we actually dropped a game to those stiffs.

I always watch these in the basement, because there is language my child is too young to hear yet.

Bronco Bible
08-30-2008, 10:22 AM
The problem with that game is the start time.. what is the NFL thinking:whoknows:?

Devilspawn
08-30-2008, 11:20 AM
Not smack, just curious. Is there or has there ever been a Chargers week? I'm arguing with an idiot who just doesn't get it.

NorthernLights
08-30-2008, 11:52 AM
Not smack, just curious. Is there or has there ever been a Chargers week? I'm arguing with an idiot who just doesn't get it.

I guess we'll see next week.

frauschieze
08-30-2008, 11:58 AM

Not that I'm aware of. Just normal pre-game smack. Raiders week is something else.

UnderArmour
08-30-2008, 12:22 PM
Chargers don't get a week. You have to be a successful franchise for a few decades first.

NameUsedBefore
08-30-2008, 12:42 PM
Chargers don't have the fanbase for this rivalry.

Dreadnought
08-30-2008, 01:09 PM
Chargers don't get a week. You have to be a successful franchise for a few decades first.

Good point. The Chargers only warrant a slightly irritable morning, not a week

Tned
08-30-2008, 01:16 PM
I remember when I used to have my 100' long wire antenna strung up in the back yard (before Broncos message boards) and used to tune in to KOA once the sun went down and listen to all the fans calling in during Raider's week.

Oak has been a horrible team since their SB appearance, but like it or not, I think they are getting things back on track, and in time Russell and McFadden along with a good defense (great set of corners) will bring life back to this rivalry.

Lonestar
08-30-2008, 01:28 PM
I remember when I used to have my 100' long wire antenna strung up in the back yard (before Broncos message boards) and used to tune in to KOA once the sun went down and listen to all the fans calling in during Raider's week.

Oak has been a horrible team since their SB appearance, but like it or not, I think they are getting things back on track, and in time Russell and McFadden along with a good defense (great set of corners) will bring life back to this rivalry.

it has gotten worse since mikey came back to town after being stiffed on the bonus that he was promise by al davis

would have to go up on a hill out east of town and tune the car radio just right to listen.. to KOA sports talk.. lots of time had to add a couple feet of tin foil wrapped around the top of the antenna to keep it from popping and cracking..

Devilspawn
08-30-2008, 01:36 PM
Thanks everyone for the answers.

For those on Broncomania, my arguement is with BOLTMAN who, probably for the sake of smack, throws out stats, records against and other miscellaneous nonsense to say the Broncos-Raiders rivalry is second to Chargers-Broncos. I agree the Chargers are the team to beat, but the Raiders are the team to hate. In fact, it's been Raider Week in Seattle, in Denver, and in KC and San Diego when Marty was there.

I keep telling him it's not about what the Raiders record was before and after Shanahan got there. It's about th hatred and animosity the two franchises have, with the Raiders as the ones Denver had to get by in 1977, with the Raiders success vs. Elway for most of his career, to the Shanahan saga and his success for 13 years. Victories have nothing to do with it. Go to the Chargers site and read it, which is stupid that a Chargers fan tries to define a Broncos-Raiders rivalry. I am sure he's either in denial or is just trying to make a case for the Chargers being the ultimate rival. But you guys proved it for me, thank ya.

Anyway, carry on. :D

SarahKay
08-30-2008, 01:41 PM
GO BRONCOS!!!!!! Looking forward to the game. :beer:

slim
08-30-2008, 02:05 PM
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa127/jefslo_24/sb37-buc-raider.jpg

Nomad
08-30-2008, 02:14 PM
The problem with that game is the start time.. what is the NFL thinking:whoknows:?

I agree! It's nationally televised game.

Broncospsycho77
08-30-2008, 02:38 PM
**** the Faiders.

MileHighWrath
08-30-2008, 04:20 PM
Woohoo Oakland Sucks week!

http://www.geocities.com/highwrath3002/raiderssuck.gif

Nomad
11-17-2008, 05:09 AM
Hopefully with these last two games, the BRONCOS have the momentum and kick the crap out of the Raiders in Den. Please no snow and leave the orange jersey's in the locker room!

broncofaninfla
11-17-2008, 09:36 AM
We should win this game no problem BUT I thought the same thing aabout KC and they spanked us.

BroncoWave
11-17-2008, 09:55 AM
We should win this game no problem BUT I thought the same thing aabout KC and they spanked us.

We beat ourselves against KC with stupid turnovers. They did no "spanking" of anyone in that game.

MileHighWrath
11-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Woohoo it's chokeland SUCKS week!

http://www.geocities.com/highwrath3002/raiderssuck.gif

sacmar
11-17-2008, 01:38 PM
...awesome another bye week !!

Day1BroncoFan
11-17-2008, 01:47 PM
I'm not counting my rabbits before they're born here.

We should win but let's take jokeland seriously (can that be done?).

Here's to a win next week. :salute:

turftoad
11-19-2008, 07:38 PM
bump

Dreadnought
11-19-2008, 08:36 PM
We need to beat these bums like a rented mule, and I'm hoping to see exactly that. FWIW, I hate them every bit as much as I did a few months ago. Time does not improve this even a little bit.

Slick
11-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Long Live Al Davis!

nj10
11-19-2008, 10:39 PM
http://media.scout.com/media/image/59/591239.jpg
(A Royal with cheese!)
http://assets.espn.go.com/i/media/nfl/2003/0922/photo/a_smith_il.jpg
(ok, so this actual incident sucked but that was one of my fav games ever vs. Oakland!)

LoyalSoldier
11-19-2008, 11:42 PM
I agree! It's nationally televised game.

And yet some idiot though Washington and Idaho wanted to watch the Jets and Tenn

Day1BroncoFan
11-20-2008, 12:42 AM
I hope we bring the broom with us to this game.

Broncos Mtnman
11-20-2008, 01:07 AM
http://img253.imageshack.us/img253/7432/aldavisrr1.jpg
OOPS.... I just crapped my pants

Nomad
11-20-2008, 05:23 AM
And yet some idiot though Washington and Idaho wanted to watch the Jets and Tenn

We were talking about the start time for the first game, but I do agree! I was glad to have ST when we lived in Wash because they were always doing this.

Den and Oak used to be the games to circle and watch even across the country. Though I liked to see the Raiders fall, it would be nice to see them somewhat competative and an organized franchise!

Again I hope the BRONCOS kick the crap out of the Raiders and prove the first game was no fluke!!!!

Day1BroncoFan
11-20-2008, 11:21 AM
It's always a blast to beat up on the faiders.

broncofaninfla
11-20-2008, 11:26 AM
Even though Al Davis has sunk this team, I still enjoy watching the Broncos beating up on them.

Medford Bronco
11-20-2008, 11:32 AM
Long Live Al Davis!

LOL Al behind the 8 ball

http://archive.profootballtalk.com/Davis8Ball.jpg

and him all dolled up at Oakland

http://i.a.cnn.net/si/2007/writers/dr_z/09/13/cheating/t1-davis.jpg

Dreadnought
11-20-2008, 11:35 AM
LOL Al behind the 8 ball

http://archive.profootballtalk.com/Davis8Ball.jpg

That magic 8-Ball is going to not only hire a new head coach but will replace his scouting department for the 2009 Draft.

frauschieze
11-20-2008, 01:38 PM
So the other day I was sitting with my mom and my daughter. My daughter was looking through some holiday gift giving magazine and she came upon a page of NFL ladies watches. She immediately shows my mom and me that there is no Broncos watch on the page and exclaims, "What kind football watches wouldn't have the Broncos?!" My mother then points out that they do have a Raiders watch and made some comment about how that at least counts for something because it was my father's team so we have to root for them. My jaw dropped, stared at her incredulously and explained once again, while I loved my father dearly and I still miss him to this day, he had godawful taste in football teams, the Broncos/Raiders rivalry is one of the greatest rivalries in all of sports and under no circumstances would I EVER do anything even remotely similar to supporting that abomination. And then my daughter piped in with a firm "Yeah!"

Mother = :tsk:
Daughter = :2thumbs:

Dreadnought
11-20-2008, 01:48 PM
So the other day I was sitting with my mom and my daughter. My daughter was looking through some holiday gift giving magazine and she came upon a page of NFL ladies watches. She immediately shows my mom and me that there is no Broncos watch on the page and exclaims, "What kind football watches wouldn't have the Broncos?!" My mother then points out that they do have a Raiders watch and made some comment about how that at least counts for something because it was my father's team so we have to root for them. My jaw dropped, stared at her incredulously and explained once again, while I loved my father dearly and I still miss him to this day, he had godawful taste in football teams, the Broncos/Raiders rivalry is one of the greatest rivalries in all of sports and under no circumstances would I EVER do anything even remotely similar to supporting that abomination. And then my daughter piped in with a firm "Yeah!"

Good for you! Its clear from that you are doing a fine job as a Mom!

Day1BroncoFan
11-20-2008, 02:00 PM

Great showing from you and your daughter!

Davii
11-20-2008, 02:13 PM

Have you ever thought about becoming a day care provider? Or possibly a University Professor?

We need more people like you molding the youth of our nation.

Dreadnought
11-20-2008, 02:22 PM
Have you ever thought about becoming a day care provider? Or possibly a University Professor?

We need more people like you molding the youth of our nation.

Seriously, she is as smart as 95% of professors already, and has the added benefit of not having her head up her arse. That is rare in academia.

Davii
11-20-2008, 02:26 PM
Seriously, she is as smart as 95% of professors already, and has the added benefit of not having her head up her arse. That is rare in academia.

And she has a better rack than 99% of them.

Dreadnought
11-20-2008, 02:27 PM
And she has a better rack than 99% of them.

I can neither confirm nor deny that, as I am committed to mending my ways from this point forward. I have heard rumors to that effect though.

Thnikkaman
11-20-2008, 05:00 PM
I remember standing in line for the bus to elementry school arguing with the one raider fan that rode the bus with us. That was the start of my hatred for the Black and Silver. My dad would tell me stories of sitting in the south stands at old Mile High chucking Oranges at the Faider faithful. When I moved to Vegas, it was Football hell. Everyone I knew was either a 49ers, Raider, or Cowboys fan. I have enjoyed the past decade of Denver beating the crap out of the Fade.

Heres to hopefully another blowout:

:beer:

Day1BroncoFan
11-20-2008, 05:38 PM
If the faiders keep fading pretty soon their uniforms will be gray and silver. :lol:

nj10
11-20-2008, 06:07 PM
An armed Broncos fan is standing alone in a room. Suddenly an armed chargers fan walks through the door and an armed raiders fan climbs through the window at the same time. The Broncos fan shoots the charger fan, then the raider fan. When later asked "If the raiders are a bigger rivalry, why did you shoot the charger fan first?" the Bronco fan responded "Business before pleasure."