PDA

View Full Version : Meyer Resigns From Florida

BroncoWave
12-08-2010, 02:26 PM
Maybe he wants to come coach Tebow again? ;)

Dzone
12-08-2010, 02:27 PM
wow...amazing...doubt that he would be coaching here, but thats a surprise

TXBRONC
12-08-2010, 02:28 PM
I don't know Meyers doesn't strike me as the kind of college head coach that would be a good fit for the N.F.L.

Juriga72
12-08-2010, 02:28 PM
Could he bring all his convicts with him? We now know "Quality people" can't win in the NFl....

JaxBroncoGirl
12-08-2010, 02:30 PM
Freaking out here, hate to see him go. Good luck Urban great coach as some have posted, I am not sure if he is NFL material but man what a great coach to work with.

Elevation inc
12-08-2010, 02:31 PM
i have a gut feeling we are looking at the new HC of denver in Urban meyer after this....the FO probally wanna see if they can salvage tebow....

Elevation inc
12-08-2010, 02:32 PM
I don't know Meyers doesn't strike me as the kind of college head coach that would be a good fit for the N.F.L.

if he has a legit OC and DC and GM he would do just fine

GM- Ron hill/or Floyd reese/or Jim goodman
HC- Urban Meyer
DC- Wink/or dave Wannstedt
OC- Mike Mccoy

that could work, and we may even salvage tebow....

Traveler
12-08-2010, 02:34 PM
i have a gut feeling we are looking at the new HC of denver in Urban meyer after this....the FO probally wanna see if they can salvage tebow....

Freaking out? Why? Meyer isn't coming here. Health issues is why he is resigning. Secondly, he and his staff did such a fine job training Tebow mechanically, that he isn't an NFL ready QB.

Great college coach but I''l pass.

honz
12-08-2010, 02:36 PM
Do it! I love Urban Meyer! Best coach evar!!!

broncofaninfla
12-08-2010, 02:39 PM

I literally just signed on to post the same thing. I doubt it happens BUT if he's intrested I would think he would be considered.

BroncoWave
12-08-2010, 02:40 PM
BTW, I wasn't being serious in suggesting this, and Mort has already said there is no chance of it happening. Just wanted to gauge reaction.

silkamilkamonico
12-08-2010, 02:40 PM
if he has a legit OC and DC and GM he would od just fine

GM- Ron hill/or Floyd reese/or Jim goodman
HC- Urban Meyer
DC- Wink/or dave Wannstedt
OC- Mike Mccoy

that could work, and we may even salvage tebow....

Very doubtful. I'm sure he's stepping down for health reasons. He did the exact same thing last year after he revealed he had a heart attack during the season.

I think his health issues, along with being around Tebow, has put some perspective in his life that there's more to it then just coaching.

Good for him.

honz
12-08-2010, 02:42 PM
http://www.sptimes.com/2004/11/11/images/large/C_1_urban_SLCU10_1111.jpg

And it all comes full circle for ol' honz.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Just listening to the news which stated that Tim Tebow did not attend practice today. I could not believe it. Channel 47 action news in jacksonville, florida.

Elevation inc
12-08-2010, 02:46 PM
i just saw the health reason's thing.....hope things work out for him.....

underrated29
12-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Just listening to the news which stated that Tim Tebow did not attend practice today. I could not believe it. Channel 47 action news in jacksonville, florida.

Im sorry, what the significance of this?

JaxBroncoGirl
12-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Very doubtful. I'm sure he's stepping down for health reasons. He did the exact same thing last year after he revealed he had a heart attack during the season.

I think his health issues, along with being around Tebow, has put some perspective in his life that there's more to it then just coaching.

Good for him.

it was not a heart attack it was something with his esophagus. I think he is burned out. I truly think he wants to spend more time with his family. Thanks Urban for your dedication to the Gators! God Speed!

silkamilkamonico
12-08-2010, 02:48 PM

He wasn't at practice in Denver? Surely not becaue Meyer resigned I hope. Unless there's something serious going on with Meyer.

UrbanBounca
12-08-2010, 02:49 PM
Freaking out here, hate to see him go. Good luck Urban great coach as some have posted, I am not sure if he is NFL material but man what a great coach to work with.

Urban may not be a HC, but you'd be stupid not to find a job for him somewhere on the coaching staff.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

silkamilkamonico
12-08-2010, 02:50 PM
it was not a heart attack it was something with his esophagus. I think he is burned out. I truly think he wants to spend more time with his family. Thanks Urban for your dedication to the Gators! God Speed!

I get that impression too. I really think being around Tebow for 4 years, and the kind of impact Tebow as a person had on Meyer, did put some perspective in his life, and that he really possibly could just be burned out.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-08-2010, 02:50 PM

The news is stating it, just a post not insinuating anything here. No relevance just find it odd the sports reporting would point that out during breaking news about Urban.

slim
12-08-2010, 02:52 PM

I bet he goes "Jay Cutler" on us and demands a trade.

I mean, they did just fire his coach.

TXBRONC
12-08-2010, 02:53 PM

Nah he's running way like whipped puppy because FSU put mega sized beat down on him and his boys. :D

JaxBroncoGirl
12-08-2010, 02:53 PM
He wasn't at practice in Denver? Surely not becaue Meyer resigned I hope. Unless there's something serious going on with Meyer.

It was odd they mentioned Tebow missing practice today at the same time they were Breaking the News about Urban.

I just find it Odd!!!!

vandammage13
12-08-2010, 03:07 PM
No way Meyer comes here. Not only is he probably not a good fit for the NFL, he's stepping down because of his health. Coaching in college is stressful, but by most accounts, its even more stressful in the NFL, so I give this a 0% chance of happening.

JaxBroncoGirl
12-08-2010, 03:12 PM
No way Meyer comes here. Not only is he probably not a good fit for the NFL, he's stepping down because of his health. Coaching in college is stressful, but by most accounts, its even more stressful in the NFL, so I give this a 0% chance of happening.

He tried stepping down last year and I think he was talked into one more year.

I really think he is burned out and wants to find more time to spend with his family. Stress and the 24/7 days just got to him. Maybe he will take some time off and come back at another time but right now he said he is missing his family growing up and their activities. I believe one of his daughters is really good at Volleyball and is doing well on a school team. He never gets to see her games is what he said last year. So maybe he wanted a break.

BroncoWave
12-08-2010, 03:16 PM

This "news source" is wrong.

Per Andrew Mason (who is actually AT Broncos practice):

"Not on the field at the start of #Broncos practice: safety B.Dawkins, WR D.Thomas, FB S.Larsen, OL R.Hochstein, NT J.Williams."

www.twitter.com/maxbroncos

JaxBroncoGirl
12-08-2010, 03:18 PM
This "news source" is wrong.

Per Andrew Mason (who is actually AT Broncos practice):

"Not on the field at the start of #Broncos practice: safety B.Dawkins, WR D.Thomas, FB S.Larsen, OL R.Hochstein, NT J.Williams."

www.twitter.com/maxbroncos
Thank You, I really thought it was very strange to make that statement during the presser about Urban, it came out of no where except the reporters mouth.

broncogirl7
12-08-2010, 03:27 PM
"It was almost a year ago to the day that Meyer was admitted to a hospital following the SEC Championship game loss to Alabama to take care of chest pains and dehydration. After discussing the situation with his family Meyer announced that he would resign from the head coaching position at Florida and cited his health and family as reasons for doing so. A day after making that announcement Meyer back tracked from resigning and instead said he would take a leave of absence form the football program. After coaching the Gators to a Sugar Bowl victory against Cincinnati Meyer stepped aside for a brief time and returned in time for spring practices in Gainesville."

From Fanhouse.com http://www.examiner.com/college-foot...own-at-florida

Dzone
12-08-2010, 03:34 PM
1043 The fan is saying its too much of a coincidence that its happening now with mcdaniels fired...

I dont think Urban Meyer is coming here

eessydo
12-08-2010, 03:46 PM
Again, as a Florida grad, love Urban Myer and how he brought back to the top, but unless his QB knows how to run the football, his spread option stuff doesn't work.

He is not a Pro Coach in terms of scheme, leadership he would do well. He would need an OC and DC with NFL experience and be willing to let them work outside of his offensive and defensive comfort zone.

I say nay to the man who renamed Gainesville "title town".

BroncoStud
12-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Again, as a Florida grad, love Urban Myer and how he brought back to the top, but unless his QB knows how to run the football, his spread option stuff doesn't work.

He is not a Pro Coach in terms of scheme, leadership he would do well. He would need an OC and DC with NFL experience and be willing to let them work outside of his offensive and defensive comfort zone.

I say nay to the man who renamed Gainesville "title town".

Jimmy Johnson transitioned just fine because he had great coordinators. A good coach is a good coach, the GREAT coaches have great coordinators.

rcsodak
12-08-2010, 04:04 PM
Not if you put any weight into what he's saying. The NFL is hardly a way to have more 'family time'.

Juriga72
12-08-2010, 04:07 PM
Jimmy Johnson transitioned just fine because he had great coordinators. A good coach is a good coach, the GREAT coaches have great coordinators.

Because he had:
Emmitt Smith
Troy Aikman
Michael Irvin
Jav Novacek
a STUD o-line with 3 pro bowlers
Charels Haley
Russell Maryland.....

Heck even Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl with them....LOL

rcsodak
12-08-2010, 04:08 PM
lmao. So serious that he's said he'll coach their bowl game? Lol

BroncoWave
12-08-2010, 04:09 PM

Why wouldn't he coach their bowl game? He is only announcing it now to give them time to hire a new guy.

BroncoStud
12-08-2010, 04:12 PM
Because he had:
Emmitt Smith
Troy Aikman
Michael Irvin
Jav Novacek
a STUD o-line with 3 pro bowlers
Charels Haley
Russell Maryland.....

Heck even Barry Switzer won a Super Bowl with them....LOL

Jimmy acquired those guys, they didn't fall out of the sky. Good coach, good evaluator of talent, and knew to let his assistants do the coaching.

T.K.O.
Mort: Urban Meyer won’t be coaching Tim Tebow in 2011
Posted by Mike Florio on December 8, 2010, 4:02 PM EST
We didn’t plan to mention the Second Annual Urban Meyer Resignation here at PFT (who does this guy think he is, Brett Favre?), but given the immediate avalanche of speculation connecting Meyer to star pupil Tim Tebow in Denver, we need to pass along this nugget from ESPN’s Chris Mortensen.

Per Mort, Meyer won’t be coaching the Denver Broncos in 2011.

Indeed, it would be difficult if not impossible for Meyer to take another coaching job right away, given this sentence from the press release announcing his departure from the University of Florida, via CFT: “At this time in my life, however, I appreciate the sacrifices my 24/7 profession has demanded of me, and I know it is time to put my focus on my family and life away from the field.”

the rest is up on pft...

silkamilkamonico

Was this before, or after, the reports of Tebow missing practice were false?

LMAO

rcsodak
12-08-2010, 04:15 PM
1. More to do with raping another team of its draft picks.
2. If he was so good, why didnt he last?

Northman
12-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Lmao, nice. He has one mediocre year and quits. Too funny.

diezal11
12-08-2010, 04:42 PM
Meyer not coming here is a certainty. Yeah, cause coaches never lie and sources are always right. Just ask Nick Saban and John Clayton. We'll see how it plays out.

slim
12-08-2010, 04:45 PM
LOL. The Broncos said yesterday they haven't even started looking for a coach. In fact, the assumption is that a GM will be hired first.

You guys crack me up.

MadMax
12-08-2010, 05:09 PM
I'm a Gator fan, and I have a terrible feeling we may have the coincidence backward. A lot of boosters have been pushing for Adazzio(our OC) or Meyer to be forced out. I could see hiring McDaniels being one of those "bold" college hires like it was with Kiffin.

Juriga72
12-08-2010, 05:22 PM
Jimmy acquired those guys, they didn't fall out of the sky. Good coach, good evaluator of talent, and knew to let his assistants do the coaching.

Well... he did get 75% of them for Herschel Walker....LOL

BroncoStud
12-08-2010, 06:04 PM
1. More to do with raping another team of its draft picks.
2. If he was so good, why didnt he last?

Why didn't he last? How many Super Bowls did he need to win before he qualified as "lasting"? He left Dallas because of personal issues with Jerry Jones, not because the team declined. Switzer won a Super Bowl with Jimmy's team after he left...

BroncoStud
12-08-2010, 06:05 PM
Well... he did get 75% of them for Herschel Walker....LOL

Haha true. I bet the Vikings look back at that one and cringe...

Juriga72
12-08-2010, 07:46 PM
Haha true. I bet the Vikings look back at that one and cringe...

I think they got:
Smith
Woodsen
Maryland
Harper

JUST from that trade and a couple other guys too...LMAO..

Hey I know..... We can trade Orton to Arizona for......3 first round picks. After all he IS the ( or was before the KC game) #1 passer in the NFL!!!!!

"Out of town stupid" is all we need....

I Eat Staples
12-08-2010, 09:06 PM

Please no.

eessydo
12-09-2010, 12:45 AM
And what College to Pro coach has done it since then?

Switzer doesn't count because he had all of the players in place already.
Maybe Mariucci and even he inherited a pretty good team.