PDA

View Full Version : Why not bring Bates in for an interview?

eessydo
12-08-2010, 09:50 AM
If he wants a young guy as his coach, why not hire someone that the team respected at one point in time.

Put a New England style GM over him to pick the groceries and see what he can do. Right now he is dealing with Pete Carrol's groceries and they are all either old or retreads.

rationalfan
12-08-2010, 11:05 AM
somewhat along those lines, i was thinking the same thing about larry coyer.

SR
12-08-2010, 11:41 AM
Or we could still stop ******* around with lame duck, unproven people and go after a big dog like Gruden, Billick, Cowher, or Dungy.

Ravage!!!
12-08-2010, 11:47 AM
I'll pull my hair out and start a campaign if we hire Dungy or Billick. You guys think you are tired of me now...... wait until that happens!

Shazam!
12-08-2010, 12:01 PM
How 'bout no.

If it isnt a marquee name and a proven winner this time I swear I dont know what I'll do.

fvkw
12-08-2010, 12:09 PM
Bring in Chucky or Chinny chin chin!!!!!
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

dogfish
12-08-2010, 12:21 PM
Or we could still stop ******* around with lame duck, unproven people and go after a big dog like Gruden, Billick, Cowher, or Dungy.

How 'bout no.

If it isnt a marquee name and a proven winner this time I swear I dont know what I'll do.

i think you guys are gonna be real disappointed. . . with the amount of media already reporting that we won't make a sexy hire, you can assume that info's coming from somewhere-- probably from the organization itself. . .

besides, getting a "name" coach isn't where it's at anyway. . . tony sparano was the coach when the dolphins went from 1-15 to division champs, mike smith handled the impressive atlanta turnaround, mike tomlin, rex ryan and jon harbaugh all did great as first-time head coaches. . . how's super bowl winner shanahan doing compared to any of those guys?

we need an experienced personnel executive a lot worse than we need a proven head coach. . .

Ravage!!!
12-08-2010, 12:24 PM
I want Harbough out of Stanford.

I know I don't want Bates, or Dungy, or Billick...... god.. my stomach turned again saying those name.

camdisco24
12-08-2010, 12:34 PM
i think you guys are gonna be real disappointed. . . with the amount of media already reporting that we won't make a sexy hire, you can assume that info's coming from somewhere-- probably from the organization itself. . .

besides, getting a "name" coach isn't where it's at anyway. . . tony sparano was the coach when the dolphins went from 1-15 to division champs, mike smith handled the impressive atlanta turnaround, mike tomlin, rex ryan and jon harbaugh all did great as first-time head coaches. . . how's super bowl winner shanahan doing compared to any of those guys?

we need an experienced personnel executive a lot worse than we need a proven head coach. . .

^This.
A big name coach wont make a difference. Gotta look at the big picture.

Cugel
12-08-2010, 12:39 PM

True dat!:salute:

LordTrychon
12-08-2010, 12:43 PM
We need a proven, winning name.

Someone who's done it.

But you guys are right... it starts with a GM.

So lets bring in a proven, championship winning GM.

Sundquist anyone? :beer:

dogfish
12-08-2010, 12:52 PM
We need a proven, winning name.

Someone who's done it.

But you guys are right... it starts with a GM.

So lets bring in a proven, championship winning GM.

Sundquist anyone? :beer:

that last part leaves me uncertain how much of your post is sarcasm, but in all honesty, i don't think we'll have the option to bring in an executive that's won a championship-- there aren't anyavailable. . . pioli's in KC, demitroff's in atlanta, reese is in new york, ozzis's in baltimore. . . not sure about NO off the top of my head, but polian's not leaving indy. . . parcells is a pipe dream. . .

getting an experienced exec will have to be enough. . . i'll gladly take someone like eric decosta from baltimore's staff, or telesco from indy. . .

LordTrychon
12-08-2010, 01:07 PM
that last part leaves me uncertain how much of your post is sarcasm, but in all honesty, i don't think we'll have the option to bring in an executive that's won a championship-- there aren't anyavailable. . . pioli's in KC, demitroff's in atlanta, reese is in new york, ozzis's in baltimore. . . not sure about NO off the top of my head, but polian's not leaving indy. . . parcells is a pipe dream. . .

getting an experienced exec will have to be enough. . . i'll gladly take someone like eric decosta from baltimore's staff, or telesco from indy. . .

I'm pretty sure Sundquist is employed, yet probably someone we could lure away if we dangle the right fragile D-Lineman or overpriced FA in front of his nose.

But seriously... yeah.

That's what bothers me... I KNOW we need a good GM more than anything.

It's just so hard to figure out how to do that. I'd settle for a Goodman or two. I was shocked that Pioli was able to get out of New England, and to be quite honest, for one very brief moment.... I was jealous of Kansas City.

I'd love to get the right guy. Just hard to say who that is.

Dirk
12-08-2010, 01:08 PM
I'm actually fine with Sundquist coming in. He didn't do so bad and who knows what he could do without a HC having final say over his choices.

broncofaninfla
12-08-2010, 01:11 PM
Until we hire a GM there really isn't any point in guessing who the next head coach will be. I doubt it will a marqee name though, they'll want too much power and money.

Ravage!!!
12-08-2010, 01:26 PM
Ughhhhhh....... first you guys mention Dungy and Billick... now you are talking about Sunquist???? Now I have to start plucking my nose hairs, and that hurts!!!

slim
12-08-2010, 01:28 PM
Bates? Sundquist?

I am so glad you guys are not running the team.

LordTrychon
12-08-2010, 01:49 PM
Ughhhhhh....... first you guys mention Dungy and Billick... now you are talking about Sunquist???? Now I have to start plucking my nose hairs, and that hurts!!!

:win:

rcsodak
12-08-2010, 05:16 PM
name the HC that has won a SB with more than 1 team.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums