PDA

View Full Version : Talking points from Denver's presser

Denver Native (Carol)
12-07-2010, 09:05 PM
The following, thanks to the Denver Broncos public relations department, are some highlights of Tuesday’s news conference that featured chief operating officer Ellis and interim head coach Eric Studesville after the firing of Josh McDaniels on Monday:

Topic: Ellis admitted McDaniels had too much power on football decisions and indicated that the team will not give the next coach as much power.

Ellis’ Quote: “Well, the first part of the question is that I think it kind of evolved and grew into that. I take some responsibility on behalf of [Broncos Owner] Pat [Bowlen], for allowing that to happen, perhaps. I think a lot of Josh’s vision and the way Pat had structured his organization in the past was something that at the end of the day, or during that time period, he wanted to see continue. In other words, having his head coach kind of oversee all of football operations. We started out with that not being the intent, but it ended up being that way to some extent. Josh had a lot of help from a lot of people, there’s no question about that. But, moving forward now, I think it’s important that -- and we have some time here to look at this and I’m not going to speak to the structure moving forward in definite terms -- but we have to evaluate that and we have to come forward for our fans and everybody. I understand that you’re going to be distributing the message and [letting the fans] know what the plan is. It’s very likely that the plan will not empower the next head coach with the kind of authority that Josh probably unfairly had put upon him. It’s also fair to say to say that we’ll stick to that plan.”

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/21403/talking-points-from-denvers-presser - rest of article

Also - Both Studesville' and Ellis' press conferences

http://www.denverbroncos.com/

T.K.O.
12-07-2010, 09:08 PM
i heard ellis say that "he blames himself for some ....if not ALL of the problems"
WOW....i dont think i would be lettin' the boss know about THAT right now:laugh:

Juriga72
12-07-2010, 09:11 PM
"I blame myself for not being able to do my own job...... I am now going to hire someone to do my job for me so that I do not mess up my job by doing my job"

Thnikkaman
12-07-2010, 09:15 PM
I hate this feeling of uncertainty, but I will continue being a fan regardless.

broncofaninfla
12-07-2010, 09:29 PM
I just watched the Studsville press conference. I like the guy, even though there is no hope for the post season, I'm now excited to watch Denver finish the season with him as a head coach. I encourage every fan to check this out.

Northman
12-07-2010, 11:21 PM
I just watched the Studsville press conference. I like the guy, even though there is no hope for the post season, I'm now excited to watch Denver finish the season with him as a head coach. I encourage every fan to check this out.

Yep. This is the best ive felt about the team in over a year.

broncofaninfla
12-08-2010, 01:18 PM

If this cat wins out in an impressive fashion, I give him a slim chance of staying the head coach.

slim
12-08-2010, 01:36 PM

The more I hear Joe Ellis talk, the worse I feel. It is pretty clear they have no real plan. That scares the hell out of me.

TXBRONC
12-08-2010, 02:17 PM

Me too. I really liked how the guy handled himself and like you I'm now excited to watch the Broncos finish the season.

Northman
12-08-2010, 02:33 PM
The more I hear Joe Ellis talk, the worse I feel. It is pretty clear they have no real plan. That scares the hell out of me.

:lol:

Well, i dont know what to tell ya brother. Either we go from the flame into the fire or we stamp the piss out of it and get back to glory days.

slim
12-08-2010, 02:35 PM
:lol:

Well, i dont know what to tell ya brother. Either we go from the flame into the fire or we stamp the piss out of it and get back to glory days.

If by stamping out the piss, you mean Pat should fire Ellis, then I agree.

TXBRONC
12-08-2010, 02:38 PM

Why can you be as happy as the guy in your avatar? :tsk:

slim
12-08-2010, 02:39 PM

I am happy.

:joyman:

Dreadnought
12-08-2010, 02:43 PM

The guy in Slim's avvy is actually Slim. He is a handsome devil, ain't he?

TXBRONC
12-08-2010, 02:46 PM
The guy in Slim's avvy is actually Slim. He is a handsome devil, ain't he?

Yeah he looks a lady killer.

slim
12-08-2010, 02:47 PM
Yeah he looks a lady killer.

Women want me, men want to be me.

elsid13
12-08-2010, 03:04 PM

I guess we better get Romo to update his powerpoint slides and send them to Bowlen.