PDA

View Full Version : This probably ends the Tebow era in Denver

robert ethan
12-07-2010, 08:49 PM
Tim was Josh's guy. DeMaryius Thomas as well, although I doubt they'll ship DT out. But, I imagine a new head coach is going to want to play it safe and go with Orton as the starter. With so many teams looking for QB help in the off season and just a few blue chip prospects in the draft, TT will be a hot item on the trade market around draft time. I think they can get a first for him, perhaps even higher than the pick they used to take him. He has far better credentials than Luck, Locker, Mallett, Newton, etc. It isn't even close to be honest.

Day1BroncoFan
12-07-2010, 08:50 PM
Tebow had an era in Denver? :confused:

dogfish
nonsense! the glorious tebow era has barely begun, comrade!

Ravage!!!
I can only hope. :lol:

claymore
Tim was Josh's guy. DeMaryius Thomas as well, although I doubt they'll ship DT out. But, I imagine a new head coach is going to want to play it safe and go with Orton as the starter. With so many teams looking for QB help in the off season and just a few blue chip prospects in the draft, TT will be a hot item on the trade market around draft time. I think they can get a first for him, perhaps even higher than the pick they used to take him. He has far better credentials than Luck, Locker, Mallett, Newton, etc. It isn't even close to be honest.

Sweet Geebus to betsy. :laugh:

Ravage!!!
12-07-2010, 08:51 PM
. He has far better credentials than Luck, Locker, Mallett, Newton, etc. It isn't even close to be honest.

That must have been why Tebow was the highest rated QB in his draft class..... oh wait

dogfish
12-07-2010, 08:52 PM
tebow angry! tebow smash!!

BeefStew25
12-07-2010, 08:52 PM
Robert punch yourself in the ovaries.

camdisco24
12-07-2010, 08:53 PM
I don't think trading Tebow would be a good move to get on the good side of most of the fan base right off the bat... just my opinion...

Ravage!!!
12-07-2010, 08:54 PM
I don't think trading Tebow would be a good move to get on the good side of most of the fan base right off the bat... just my opinion...

I dont think MOST would care. If we can get a good pick for Tebow, I think that would be the icing on the McDaniels cake :lol:

T.K.O.
12-07-2010, 09:03 PM
i'm sure the next coach will try and trade away the broncos top 2 draft choices from last year....good thinking.
i mean it worked out so well for the last coach:laugh:
maybe we can throw in moreno to sweeten the pot ?

Dreadnought
12-07-2010, 09:08 PM
i'm sure the next coach will try and trade away the broncos top 2 draft choices from last year....good thinking.

The OP means well, and has passion for the Broncs, but also so far has an almost unblemished record of being completely wrong on pretty much any football or Bronco related issue you can come up with. Kind of like the famous Seinfeld episode where George realizes he is always wrong and turns his life around by doing the opposite of whatever his instincts tell him to do.

scott.475
12-07-2010, 09:10 PM
Whatever Hobart.

robert ethan
12-07-2010, 09:13 PM

Read the post you bloody defective. They won't trade Thomas even though he was "Josh's guy". But you think they're going to sit Tebow behind Orton for the indeterminate future? That's a great way to maximize an asset.

Juriga72
12-07-2010, 09:14 PM
Just think IF Tebow leaves... McDaniels would then set a NFL record for "Most picks used by a franchise on players no longer with the team"

Juriga72
12-07-2010, 09:15 PM
I bet Denver drafts Cam Newton THIS year....

Shazam!
12-07-2010, 09:15 PM
TT is not goin anywhere until it is seen what he has.

scott.475
12-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Hobart, it is not like your guy McD knew how to maximize the assets he had. I am sure the next guy we bring in will actually give the best player the chance to win a spot.

BeefStew25
12-07-2010, 09:16 PM
Read the post you bloody defective. They won't trade Thomas even though he was "Josh's guy". But you think they're going to sit Tebow behind Orton for the indeterminate future? That's a great way to maximize an asset.

You have the patience of a goldfish.

dogfish
12-07-2010, 09:22 PM

you mean like trading a stud running back for a third-string QB? is that the type of maximizing assets you're referring to?

camdisco24
12-07-2010, 09:39 PM
I dont think MOST would care. If we can get a good pick for Tebow, I think that would be the icing on the McDaniels cake :lol:

I think most would like to see what he has to offer though....

I Eat Staples
12-07-2010, 09:39 PM
I can only hope. :lol:

This.

Medford Bronco
12-07-2010, 09:43 PM
you mean like trading a stud running back for a third-string QB? is that the type of maximizing assets you're referring to?

Or drafting a backup QB when your D sucks. Oh wait......... the genius did that

T.K.O.
12-07-2010, 09:49 PM

you should read the post....you said "doubt" as in the new coach "might" which is still "defective" thinking :welcome:

WTE
12-07-2010, 10:03 PM
nonsense! the glorious tebow era has barely begun, comerade!

Well done Dog!

dogfish
12-07-2010, 10:05 PM
Well done Dog!

thank you. . .

think there's any chance we could get our 4th back for maroney?

robert ethan
12-07-2010, 10:08 PM

"Stud running back" averaged about 2 ypc last game if I'm not mistaken. Hillis will be "one and done" as a featured ball carrier. Quinn is about the same age as Rogers, Palmer, Brees and a few others were when they finally got a chance to start in the league. A year older than Tom Brady was when he took over.

Lancane
12-07-2010, 10:10 PM
To this point, I still don't understand the animosity with Tebow. I just don't get it. I know some people didn't want us to draft him. I get that. I know lots of people would've preferred that we use the picks we used on him to draft defense. I get that, too. You could say we even overpaid for him drafting him in the 1st round and I'm with you, but that shit is water under the bridge now. We aren't getting those picks back. If we tried trading Tebow now, without him even taking a snap, we'd be lucky to get a 3rd.

We drafted him, he's a Bronco now. We can't go back in time and make a different draft pick. Aren't you guys even remotely curious to see what possibly the best college football player of all time can do before you exile him to another team and possibly out of football completely? Geez, guys gave Alphonso Smith more time before they crucified him.

What the hell is it about Tebow you absolutely hate so damned much? His "unorthodox" throwing motion - the same thing Favre and Rivers have? His lack of experience taking snaps from center? Other than those 2 things, I can't think of a downside with this guy, nor have I seen one.

It's not like the guy never threw passes in college - his passing numbers are actually outstanding. It's not like the guy never won anything and never proved he could be effective against top talent. It's not like the guy is some kind of character concern with a questionable past. The guy was the most DOMINANT player in the most DOMINANT conference in college football for 3 straight years. He's more than a QB, he's a football player and an athlete and on top of it all, he's extremely humble and hungry to help his team win. He's the very definition of a "team player" and yet with all of this, several of you guys aren't even willing to give him a shot?

I might be completely out to lunch here, but except for the Minnesota game where he had a bad Center/QB exchange and an INT (during which he completely STUCK the DB who picked him) I thought he looked like our best QB in the preseason. He showed mobility and flashed a rocket arm and great accuracy throwing BBs 30 yards downfield while rolling to his weak (right) side.

I'm seriously curious as to why the few of you guys who already think Tebow sucks and won't be any good honestly believe that. I'm completely baffled that a guy who hasn't been given the chance to throw but one pass (which was a TD, BTW) in the regular season is so despised. PLEASE correct my ignorance on this because right now it just looks personal with Tebow. Either you hated him in college or you hate him because he wasn't the guy that you wanted us to draft. So, which is it? Sam Bradford, who couldn't read a defense to save his life in college is playing really well. Colt (noodle armed system QB) McCoy was also pretty successful when he got a chance. Why not Tebow?

I believe, that what we have now is the quandary of identity. We had an identity when Josh McDaniels took over, we had the face of our franchise in Jay Cutler, but he is gone. Only a select few feel that Orton can be that type of quarterback, the majority of the fan-base feels otherwise. When Vic Lombardi broke the story of McDaniels firing and mentioned Kyle Orton, only one person there watching the show clapped their hands. Some equate Orton and Tebow with McDaniels, and from that Cutler. There is bad-blood there, it may not be deserved…but it is the truth, there is no denying that fact, the threads on here confirm as much. And some wonder if Tim Tebow can be the new face of this franchise, but as of now they have no idea.

Even with McDaniels gone, he’s left a permanent lingering trace of his ineptitude on this team and the franchise. He destroyed the identity and face of this franchise and worse then doing just that, he did not replace it. If Orton’s fans think the fan-base will be happy to go into next season with Kyle Orton as the starter just because McDaniels is gone, then sorry to say they are dead wrong…because McDaniels was just one of several issues the majority of the fan-base had and has. And if Tebow is a project, if it will take another two or three years, then firing McDaniels will be all for nothing. Because to appease the fans, the Broncos’ organization will have to listen to what we’re disgruntled about. And if Tebow is not the future, as most believe Orton is not…then there is some decision making to do…period.

I’m not against Tebow, I think he has the physical attributes, the drive and mentality to be a starting NFL quarterback, but it doesn’t matter what I believe if he needs years of coaching and that is how most fans see it as well. Best to scrap him in the name of progress, blame McDaniels’ moronic ass and move on if that is the case.

Lancane
12-07-2010, 10:11 PM
"Stud running back" averaged about 2 ypc last game if I'm not mistaken. Hillis will be "one and done" as a featured ball carrier. Quinn is about the same age as Rogers, Palmer, Brees and a few others were when they finally got a chance to start in the league. A year older than Tom Brady was when he took over.

Tom Brady became the starter in his second year and never looked back.

:coffee:

eessydo
12-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Are you serious, you would take Tebow over a guy with better NFL skills? Hot hot item on the trade market at Draft time??? Maybe if someone wants to give up a number 7 for him.

Sometimes I just question people's sensibility. Stop falling in love with players like McDaniels did far too often and start thinking practically. Mallet and Locker look WAY better than Tebow did as a passer at ANY point in his college career.

I can say this with full authority as I am a Florida grad and loved Tebow, but an NFL quarterback he is not. He sounds good and would make a good role model but I would rather have Mallet throwing the ball than Tebow.

Medford Bronco
12-07-2010, 10:17 PM
thank you. . .

think there's any chance we could get our 4th back for maroney?

WE might get some deflated footballs and a kicking tee:laugh:

I Eat Staples
12-07-2010, 10:24 PM

Right, and the only thing Quinn has in common with those players is age. If even that is true, seeing as you lack credibility and I lack caring enough to confirm this.

Are you serious, you would take Tebow over a guy with better NFL skills? Hot hot item on the trade market at Draft time??? Maybe if someone wants to give up a number 7 for him.

Sometimes I just question people's sensibility. Stop falling in love with players like McDaniels did far too often and start thinking practically. Mallet and Locker look WAY better than Tebow did as a passer at ANY point in his college career.

I can say this with full authority as I am a Florida grad and loved Tebow, but an NFL quarterback he is not. He sounds good and would make a good role model but I would rather have Mallet throwing the ball than Tebow.

Good post. :salute:

Cugel
12-07-2010, 10:33 PM

I rarely agree with Ethan, but he's right here and you're wrong. :coffee:

The new coach is going to clean house. In the NFL new coach = new QB most of the time. I imagine that he might have a look at what he has with Tebow, but he's going to want his OWN "Franchise QB" to groom and very few NFL coaches were sold on Tebow as that kind of QB.

He's more of a slash/QB which fits in with how McDaniels chose to use him.

Doesn't it tell you people anything that even as the S.S. Bronco was sinking fast and McDaniels was about to be cast overboard he STILL didn't think Tebow was ready to start?

Tebow isn't ready. There's no evidence he ever WILL be ready to be an elite QB in this league and you can't win without one.

So, don't be surprised at all if the Broncos ship out Tebow or leave him to sit on the bench for a season and THEN ship him out without giving him much of a chance.

I wouldn't be surprised if they draft a QB with their #1 pick.

Tebow was McDANIELS' pick and he's gone. The new coach may want somebody else. He's got ZERO investment in Tebow and can just send him out for a 2nd or 3rd rounder and chalk the whole thing up to "another one of Josh's blunders." Right-wing CO Christians might not like that but that's the breaks. :coffee:

As for anybody giving up a 1st round pick for Tebow (or probably a 2nd rounder for that matter) forget it! He's shown that he can run the football from a spread formation. Well, that and $3 will get you an expresso at Starbucks. :coffee:

NO proof he can even throw the ball at all. Teams are NOT going to give up much for him. Maybe a 3rd rounder. Maybe a reserve TE and late round draft pick (kind of like Alphonso Smith).

I, like you, would like to see what Tebow looks like as the starter, but it doesn't appear we will find out this season (which is only fair to Orton I suppose).

scott.475
12-07-2010, 10:36 PM

Hillis game avgs: 4.6 4.4 6.5 3.8 2.8 3.4 4.3 6.3 4.3 2.3 5.0 3.2; 216 carries, 962 yds, 11 tds, 4.4 ypc

Moreno game avgs: 4.0, 2.1, 4.0, 3.8, 3.6, 4.8, 4.5, 4.7, 7.0; 146 carries, 633 yds, 4.3 ypc and 4 WHOLE TOUCHDOWNS!!!

And by the way, Hobart, it did not need to be an either/or thing with Hillis. We could have had him AND Moreno, but your child McD just couldn't stand being confronted with questions about why he wasn't playing Hillis, so HE PAID CLEVELAND TO TAKE HILLIS, PLUS ANOTHER DRAFT PICK NEXT YEAR, and we got a third string QB in return, all this AFTER he paid ANOTHER back up QB $6 MIILLION DOLLARS to grace us with his pathetic abilities.

Try again Hobart.

NameUsedBefore
12-07-2010, 10:44 PM
I like Hillis as much as the next white guy, but it may be time to let it go.

Cugel
12-07-2010, 10:44 PM

You mentioned Quinn, Rogers, Brees, and Brady in the same sentence.

"Don't eat the Brown Acid, man!" -- Wavy Gravy

http://top2bottom.net/watermarked/Wavy%20Gravy-web.jpg

dogfish
12-07-2010, 10:45 PM

did you actually just "site" a one-game YPC average?

dude, you kill me-- promise you'll never leave!

:rofl:

also, there's really nothing to back your speculation about hillis, but even if he is one and done, it's a hell of a lot better career than none and done, which is quinn. . . your comparison of our third-string QB to the best in the league was almost as cute as your assertion that mcdaniels is the best coach in the league. . . you just can't get that kind of stuff anywhere besides the interwebs. . .

dogfish
12-07-2010, 10:47 PM
WE might get some deflated footballs and a kicking tee:laugh:

seriously med, it pisses me off so stinking bad that marshawn lynch was sitting there the whole time, for the same price, and mcjackass had to trade for that pile of new england garbage instead. . .

frauschieze
12-07-2010, 10:49 PM

Holy shit balls. You're alive!

You need to get ahold of Slick. He's been worried sick about his nubbycakes.

robert ethan
12-08-2010, 12:55 AM
I believe, that what we have now is the quandary of identity. We had an identity when Josh McDaniels took over, we had the face of our franchise in Jay Cutler, but he is gone. Only a select few feel that Orton can be that type of quarterback, the majority of the fan-base feels otherwise. When Vic Lombardi broke the story of McDaniels firing and mentioned Kyle Orton, only one person there watching the show clapped their hands. Some equate Orton and Tebow with McDaniels, and from that Cutler. There is bad-blood there, it may not be deserved…but it is the truth, there is no denying that fact, the threads on here confirm as much. And some wonder if Tim Tebow can be the new face of this franchise, but as of now they have no idea.

Even with McDaniels gone, he’s left a permanent lingering trace of his ineptitude on this team and the franchise. He destroyed the identity and face of this franchise and worse then doing just that, he did not replace it. If Orton’s fans think the fan-base will be happy to go into next season with Kyle Orton as the starter just because McDaniels is gone, then sorry to say they are dead wrong…because McDaniels was just one of several issues the majority of the fan-base had and has. And if Tebow is a project, if it will take another two or three years, then firing McDaniels will be all for nothing. Because to appease the fans, the Broncos’ organization will have to listen to what we’re disgruntled about. And if Tebow is not the future, as most believe Orton is not…then there is some decision making to do…period.

I’m not against Tebow, I think he has the physical attributes, the drive and mentality to be a starting NFL quarterback, but it doesn’t matter what I believe if he needs years of coaching and that is how most fans see it as well. Best to scrap him in the name of progress, blame McDaniels’ moronic ass and move on if that is the case.

NECKBLUBBER CUTLER as the "face of the francise"?!?! EEeeeww:shocked: That's ugly.:rolleyes:

Not only is he physically disturbing in appearance, his personality makes him even less attractive. Elway was stupid off the field, but he wasn't unpleasant in appearance or demeanor.

robert ethan
12-08-2010, 12:59 AM
Hillis game avgs: 4.6 4.4 6.5 3.8 2.8 3.4 4.3 6.3 4.3 2.3 5.0 3.2; 216 carries, 962 yds, 11 tds, 4.4 ypc

Moreno game avgs: 4.0, 2.1, 4.0, 3.8, 3.6, 4.8, 4.5, 4.7, 7.0; 146 carries, 633 yds, 4.3 ypc and 4 WHOLE TOUCHDOWNS!!!

And by the way, Hobart, it did not need to be an either/or thing with Hillis. We could have had him AND Moreno, but your child McD just couldn't stand being confronted with questions about why he wasn't playing Hillis, so HE PAID CLEVELAND TO TAKE HILLIS, PLUS ANOTHER DRAFT PICK NEXT YEAR, and we got a third string QB in return, all this AFTER he paid ANOTHER back up QB $6 MIILLION DOLLARS to grace us with his pathetic abilities.

Try again Hobart.

Hillis would have 1,000 yards and Moreno would have 650 in 8 games or so this year on the same team.

Knowsh has caught up to Arkansas Abe in ypc after starting the year 4 ypc behind or so. He will probably catch or pass him in ypg and maybe total yards before the year is done.

BCJ
12-08-2010, 01:00 AM
Robert punch yourself in the ovaries.

Actually, I think he had a hysterictemy (sic?) and that is why she is so butthurt on losing McDaniels. No McD and no interior goods. Here is something from the Mane I thought she might enjoy to find something to get angry about.

http://historybyday.com/photos/josh-mcwhat.gif

Robert: "DONT HIT MY SWEETIE!"

Ravage!!!
12-08-2010, 01:03 AM
NECKBLUBBER CUTLER as the "face of the francise"?!?! EEeeeww:shocked: That's ugly.:rolleyes:

Not only is he physically disturbing in appearance, his personality makes him even less attractive. Elway was stupid off the field, but he wasn't unpleasant in appearance or demeanor.

Elway the guy that made MILLIONS in business off field is stupid? Gotcha :lol:

I think I have it.

This is the third QB I've seen you comment about their looks. You don't like the prospect of Luck (even though he's rated as the best QB coming out of college since Elway) because of how he looks. You like Quinn, and are now commenting on Cutler's looks.

You don't really know much about football, but purely base someone's play on how they look. Brilliant!! :elefant:

Tned
12-08-2010, 01:17 AM
Hillis would have 1,000 yards and Moreno would have 650 in 8 games or so this year on the same team.

Knowsh has caught up to Arkansas Abe in ypc after starting the year 4 ypc behind or so. He will probably catch or pass him in ypg and maybe total yards before the year is done.

Do you honestly expect to be taken seriously while posting drivel like that? I'm assuming you are capable of posting in a civil, intelligent manner, so please for everyone's sake, start doing so.

As to the 'thread' of a point you are trying to make. You are missing one major factor in your "Moreno caught up" argument. Hillis is the ONLY offense in Cleveland. He is not only the leading rusher, leading in TDs, but also leading the team in receptions. He IS the offense. That means he is routinely running against 8-9 men in the box, something Moreno has not had to do. Every team the Browns have faced since week four or five have had only one gameplan, and that is to stop Hillis. That has not been the case with Moreno.

While Hiilis' success in Cleveland is so threatening to you, I have no idea. Is it just because you are trying so hard to defend the fired McDaniels that you feel you have to trash Hillis? It really makes no sense.

Here's a clip from an ESPN article following his dismantling of the Pats (184 yards or something like that):

Hillis carried the ball six times for 59 yards (9.8 yds per carry) and a touchdown Sunday when the Patriots had eight or more defenders in the box. Entering Week 9, New England had allowed only 1.3 yards per carry with eight in the box, fourth-best in the NFL. Hillis also rushed for three first downs in those situations, half the total that the Patriots had allowed in their first seven games this season.

http://espn.go.com/blog/statsinfo/post/_/id/11626/peyton-hillis-takes-it-right-at-the-patriots

robert ethan
12-08-2010, 01:55 AM
Elway the guy that made MILLIONS in business off field is stupid? Gotcha :lol:

I think I have it.

This is the third QB I've seen you comment about their looks. You don't like the prospect of Luck (even though he's rated as the best QB coming out of college since Elway) because of how he looks. You like Quinn, and are now commenting on Cutler's looks.

You don't really know much about football, but purely base someone's play on how they look. Brilliant!! :elefant:

Elway had as many businesses fail as succeed. Including all of his football related endeavors.

When someone starts blathering on about "the face of the franchise" you need to take a long hard look at the "face" of which they speak. Cutler looks bizarre. Serial killer bizarre.

Lancane
12-08-2010, 02:14 AM
Elway had as many businesses fail as succeed. Including all of his football related endeavors.

When someone starts blathering on about "the face of the franchise" you need to take a long hard look at the "face" of which they speak. Cutler looks bizarre. Serial killer bizarre.

Josh McDaniels looked and acted like Gomer Pyle...so what's your point?

And Elway for your information has had more successful businesses then almost any other athlete of the modern era. He owns stock in couple fortune 500 companies including Lasik, he sold his Colorado Dealerships which were all successful by the way for 82.5 million dollars, and owns others in and around Los Angeles, California worth nearly as much. He has two successful five star steak house restaurants in Colorado. And the Colorado Crush was a very successful arena league football team.

And just because Jay Cutler was the face of this franchise, doesn't mean that he deserves to be ridiculed by someonme such as yourself. McDaniels tried it his way, hoped to be like his baby's momma's daddy Bill Belichick or Payton Hillis, and failed...got fired...end of story. Gomer has left the building!

:salute:

Ravage!!!
12-08-2010, 02:19 AM

You really need to start researching. :coffee:

robert ethan
12-08-2010, 02:37 AM
Josh McDaniels looked and acted like Gomer Pyle...so what's your point?

Go troll someone else's thread.

Lancane
12-08-2010, 02:43 AM
Go troll someone else's thread

Go troll some other teams board, it's obvious your not a fan of this franchise. You barely know a damn thing about John Elway (The most famous figurehead of this organization) yet flap your lips talking smack that isn't true, the same with most things you spew regarding this team. I have never called someone a fair-weather fan, but you are exactly that...and a troll to boot!

So in ending I say, I bid you a good evening and you can kiss our orange and blue asses!

:D

dogfish
12-08-2010, 03:06 AM
hate to say it, bob, but he's right. . .

your sick game has to end!!

Magnificent Seven
12-08-2010, 04:39 AM
I think Elway would want to keep Tebow longer.

Lancane
12-08-2010, 04:51 AM
I think Elway would want to keep Tebow longer.

According to what is being said by league insiders is that Elway will be in an Executive Advisory role if he does join Denver. Depending on Bowlen, he may help in finding the next General Manager, and with some interviews...but not much else. And it would be up to the General Manager along with the Head Coach whether or not Tebow would get a shot.

After all, were not the only franchise that may be looking for a new head coach - Cincinnati, Buffalo, Houston, San Francisco, Carolina and possibly the Browns could be looking for new Head Coaches and staff members along with us. That means that Luck, Mallett and Locker could be 'hot commodities' for the new head coaches. Denver may just be one of them, because not many around the league have faith in Tebow as a quarterback prospect, and we have no clue without seeing him play where he is exactly in regards to that.

ursamajor
12-08-2010, 05:25 AM

This devil's advocate alter ego, and the actual poster is my fav poster on this board.

:lol:

ursamajor
12-08-2010, 05:34 AM
Cutler looks bizarre. Serial killer bizarre.

I nominate Flacco!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:gaSOne6Xkz9zkM:http://everyjoe.com/NEWFANTASYSPORTS/files/2008/05/joe-flacco-ravens-eyebrows_nc.jpg&t=1

Rick
12-08-2010, 09:19 AM
So is this guy ben or josh? Too much man love to not be one of them...
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Tned
12-08-2010, 09:27 AM

My guess is Lonnie Paxton...

Dreadnought
12-08-2010, 09:35 AM

Or perhaps another incarnation of Bronco Warrior. Either/Or

TXBRONC
12-08-2010, 09:49 AM

Or perhaps another incarnation of Bronco Warrior. Either/Or

You're all wrong, I have it on good word it's Kyle Orton. :heh:

GEM
12-08-2010, 10:15 AM

What the hell are you talking about. Elways' football endeavor was the Colorado Crush. Within a couple years of buying the team they were in the Super Bowl of Arena football. He was completely hands on in the business.

His car dealerships were tops in sales in CO for a few years running.

Know what the **** you are talking about.

GEM
12-08-2010, 10:16 AM

YAY!!! A Nub sighting. Good to see you are ok, Nub. :) We were worried about ya.

Dzone
12-08-2010, 10:43 AM
It would suck to lose Tebow. Just the intangibles he brings to the franchise alone is worth having him on the team

tomjonesrocks
12-08-2010, 11:01 AM
McD has proven he can't evaluate talent worth a damn. Considering most seem to feel Tebow will NOT be a quality NFL QB--chances are McD was wrong on Tebow as well.

If that's the case, and assuming we won't be landing Gruden, cutting bait with the idea of Tebow as the QB of the future and going with a new QB that doesn't force you to reinvent the wheel is fine by me. All the more reason the team should play Tebow as much as possible the next 4 weeks. In fact it should have been a directive from Bowlen to do so. This "temporary coaches playing for future" jobs thing and keeping Orton in there is a bunch of bullshit.

As far as DT goes, he's worthless. Guy can't stay on the field. He is who everyone thought he was. Fortunately McD somehow accomplished ONE decent move in his whole tenure--signing Lloyd--which softens this most likely wasted draft pick. DT is looking like Toviessi all over again. I remember many going "Marshall replaced-check" when DT was drafted. Uh huh...not so fast.

A new coach can dump everyone and everything short of Clady, Doom, and Lloyd at this point as far as I'm concerned.

tomjonesrocks
12-08-2010, 11:04 AM

Change "Tebow" to "Orton" and I agree... :lol:

Tebow still might be a decent TE or something. Considering we don't have one of those, I'd give him a look there if it looks like he's still too big a project at QB...

Ravage!!!
12-08-2010, 11:49 AM
I think tht you trade Orton as soon as you can, and use Tebow on draft day. HOWEVER... If the plan is to trade him away, then you don't play him the last four games.

BroncoStud
12-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Change "Tebow" to "Orton" and I agree... :lol:

Tebow still might be a decent TE or something. Considering we don't have one of those, I'd give him a look there if it looks like he's still too big a project at QB...

That's a LOT of speculation there. Tebow has thrown 1, yes 1 pass in the regular season and it was a TD.

Jon Gruden, who has a Super Bowl ring seems to think that Tebow will make a damn good NFL QB. How many times are scouts wrong? Probably most of the time. How many NFL draft picks stick in the NFL? Not many.

To say that Tim as a long-term project is just being close-minded. I would bet my bottom dollar that Tebow can do better than Orton did at Arrowhead:

9-28, no TDs, 5 passes in the dirt, and about 3 dropped interceptions.

Nobody expects Tebow to be Peyton Manning but even Manning led the NFL in interceptions his rookie season and his coach publicly chastised him.

I keep reading that Tebow has no future in Denver, he may not have a future in the NFL, etc, etc... I call BS. The guy was arguably the greatest college QB in history. His intangibles are off the charts. He is mobile, he is strong, he has a good arm, and he works his ass off and lives in the film room. I have seen NOTHING in Preseason or the regular season to make me believe that Tebow isn't going to make a fine NFL QB.

Kyle Orton was won a total of 9 games in 2 years leading this team. If Kyle Orton with all his limited upside can carve out a career in the NFL, Tim Tebow can. To start Orton for more than a half against the Cardinals is just nonsense.

The interim coach, or should we all say the R-A-T from within, should do the franchise a favor and give the rookies a lot of playing time from this point forward. Hell, I even want to see Brady Quinn, we don't know what he can do in this system either.

See what the young guys can do so you can evaluate them. If Denver goes into this draft and only has 2 games of film on Tebow they have learned NOTHING. Arizona is starting a rookie QB this week, why are we any different? Neither of us has a shot at the playoffs.

SOCALORADO.
12-08-2010, 12:02 PM
I think tht you trade Orton as soon as you can, and use Tebow on draft day. HOWEVER... If the plan is to trade him away, then you don't play him the last four games.

Yes trade Orton. No to trading Tebow.
Theres no way in hell you will get anywhere near the value DEN spent for TT.
Teams will know your desperate and they will just use it against DEN.
The Tebow era will begin and it will be full throttle next year. Deal with it.
With the right HC, Tebow will be just fine.
Stop antagonizing and obsessing over Tebow. Hes gonna be fine. Dont listen to Cowherd or some other media noob who really hates him not becuase of his athletic ability, but they really hate him because of his ethics and morals. Secretly thats why Tebow is hated by most pundits. They will state that they dont care about his religious beliefs, but then they make anti-christian staements all day long on their goofy shows. Which should tell you what they really think. Media sports noobs do this all the time. Just like fans, they have an agenda and secretly hate players for personal reasons all the time.
Guys like Cowherd HATE tebow. And they HATE him for one reason, and it isnt something he did on the field at FLA.
Just let this kid play, and he will thrive.

PAINTERDAVE
12-08-2010, 12:02 PM
"I, like you, would like to see what Tebow looks like as the starter, but it doesn't appear we will find out this season (which is only fair to Orton I suppose). "
~Cugal

Fair to Orton? That does not even figure into any equation when it comes to playing or not. That is the thinking that got Josh FIRED.

Bowlen heard that crap in Josh' presser... and BAM within two hours Josh was fired without even knowing who would be the interim.

We will see Tebow... it is just too soon after the turmiol of this week.

The upside to Tebow for the Broncos is HUGE... as long as he is a decent QB. You can bet your bottom dollar that when hiring a coach... the first serious question that get's asked will be "How will you develop Tebow?"

Josh did not draft Tebow and then later on inform Bowlen. You know damn skippy that Bowlen likes the potential and upside to Tebow.

We will see Tebow under center no later than the final two home games. It is trash time NOW. Time to see what we have. Get some film on him. Discover. Get ready.

Josh was trying to keep Tebow in his back pocket as an ace in the hole. That was Josh who claimed Orton "deserved" to play and it was our best chance to win. Bowlen is more pragmatic than that. It is about the future and development now, not about winning some meaningless games.

Things have changed, guy, try to keep up.

fvkw
12-08-2010, 12:07 PM
I hope not, Now that mcjackass is gone I hope we keep our good player's instead of giving them away!!!!!

Ravage!!!
12-08-2010, 12:17 PM
Yes trade Orton. No to trading Tebow.
Theres no way in hell you will get anywhere near the value DEN spent for TT.
Teams will know your desperate and they will just use it against DEN.
The Tebow era will begin and it will be full throttle next year. Deal with it.
With the right HC, Tebow will be just fine.
Stop antagonizing and obsessing over Tebow. Hes gonna be fine. Dont listen to Cowherd or some other media noob who really hates him not becuase of his athletic ability, but they really hate him because of his ethics and morals. Secretly thats why Tebow is hated by most pundits. They will state that they dont care about his religious beliefs, but then they make anti-christian staements all day long on their goofy shows. Which should tell you what they really think. Media sports noobs do this all the time. Just like fans, they have an agenda and secretly hate players for personal reasons all the time.
Guys like Cowherd HATE tebow. And they HATE him for one reason, and it isnt something he did on the field at FLA.
Just let this kid play, and he will thrive.

You just told me not to be obsessive and then went on a rant about how people dislike Tebow because of his moral ethics? Really?

Its not an obsession to feel confident in knowing that Tebow isn't an NFL QB. I felt confident that Orton would never be more than a place-holder, despite people bragging about his stats.

Cowherd, being the "noob" (really, a noob? you couldn't come up with a better adjective than noob for a guy that has been in the business for as long as he has and has a well respected, syndicated, talk show?) that he is, isn't bashing Tebow because of his religious beliefs. If that were the case, don't you think he would be on Phillip Rivers case as well? Please. Get off your anti-religion campaign horse and take that to another forum. Its not being bought by me.

I do agree with you that Tebow won't be traded, and if we did we would never get the value for the WASTED picks we used on him. But there is NO indication, to me, that we will be "fine" with Tebow. None.

But sometimes you have to bite the bullet with picks. Thats the one thing I gave McD props for (that and being professional when talking about Haley) was willing to bite the bullet when it came to the CB. If we could trade Orton, trade Tebow and get a guy like Luck.... THEN this franchise would be on the up-swing with something to build.

You'll have to excuse me if I don't feel confident in Tebow based purely on you telling me he'll be "fine."

Ravage!!!
12-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Josh did not draft Tebow and then later on inform Bowlen. You know damn skippy that Bowlen likes the potential and upside to Tebow.

Really? What about Bowlen's tenure, as an owner, would indicate that he has a SINGLE thing to do with drafting or say as to whom is drafted and whom isn't?

He hires people to do that, and wants to sit back and watch them do it. He's never been a hands on owner, and has stepped back even more the last few years.

blamkin86
12-08-2010, 12:25 PM
tebow angry! tebow smash!!

Love it. I wonder how many people get the reference.

BroncoJoe
12-08-2010, 12:29 PM
No one can know, with any sort of confidence that Tebow will be a failure or success. Let's see him on the field before judging. There have been a lot of QB's drafted higher than him that needed to prove it on the field - one way or another.

Personally, I love the kid, but that means nothing until he starts taking snaps.

Ravage!!!
12-08-2010, 12:33 PM
No one can know, with any sort of confidence that Tebow will be a failure or success. Let's see him on the field before judging. There have been a lot of QB's drafted higher than him that needed to prove it on the field - one way or another.

Personally, I love the kid, but that means nothing until he starts taking snaps.

I'm with this. I would have been ready to start him at the season's beginning, to see what we have and to let hm get the much needed experience. Then, at mid-season, I wanted to see what we have, and to givehim the much needed experience. Now, I'm with you still, lets put him in and see what we have and give him the much needed experience.

We don't know. I truly hope he turns out to be amazing, because we NEED him to be! That would be fantastic for this team, and give us something to cheer about.

The ONLY downside to him starting now.. is that Orton has been My fantasy starting QB (and has absolutely sucked the last 2 weeks), and now that we are heading into the playoffs.... this will put me down to QB #3! But hey, I'm willing ot make the sacrifice!!! :beer:

blamkin86
12-08-2010, 12:34 PM
I'm definitely not a Tebow fan - I'm loving all the "arguments" about why he should play now - because he WAS a good college QB (EDIT: Vince Young anyone?) - because of the intangibles (he just must be better because of some mysterious unexplainable force).

But honestly the only real argument I've heard against playing him is that you plan on trading him and don't want to hurt him.

If you have any intention of playing the guy, ever, seriously, now is the time.

Again, I would love for him to succeed, but I just don't see it. Tebow fans don't understand why we don't play him. Broncos fans want something to count on.

At least if you play him, you make a real argument about whether he's any good or not.

BroncoNut
12-08-2010, 12:50 PM
the scenario is plausilbe, but to say Tebow's gonna be worth a first round pick is ludicrous. I can see Tebow ending up somewhere else in all of this. I'd still like to see what we got with him this season before anything like that happens.

T.K.O.
12-08-2010, 12:50 PM
Love it. I wonder how many people get the reference.

i used it a few times for hillis......"hillis SMASH puny humans !":laugh:

Cugel
12-08-2010, 12:51 PM
"I, like you, would like to see what Tebow looks like as the starter, but it doesn't appear we will find out this season (which is only fair to Orton I suppose). "
~Cugel

Fair to Orton? That does not even figure into any equation when it comes to playing or not. That is the thinking that got Josh FIRED.

Bowlen heard that crap in Josh' presser... and BAM within two hours Josh was fired without even knowing who would be the interim.

We will see Tebow... it is just too soon after the turmiol of this week.

The upside to Tebow for the Broncos is HUGE... as long as he is a decent QB. You can bet your bottom dollar that when hiring a coach... the first serious question that get's asked will be "How will you develop Tebow?"

We will see Tebow under center no later than the final two home games. It is trash time NOW. Time to see what we have. Get some film on him. Discover. Get ready.

Josh was trying to keep Tebow in his back pocket as an ace in the hole. That was Josh who claimed Orton "deserved" to play and it was our best chance to win. Bowlen is more pragmatic than that. It is about the future and development now, not about winning some meaningless games.

Things have changed, guy, try to keep up.

#1 -- Tebow was McDaniels guy. He was desperate, flailing and raging at players (reportedly) towards the end as he saw the noose descending quickly towards his neck.

Yet you didn't see Tebow? Why not?

#2 Answer: McDaniels was convinced "Tebow is not ready to start." Period. If McDaniels didn't even TRY the "Hail Mary Tebow" move even though he knew he was about to get fired how bad must Tebow be right now?

Personally, as I said, I'd like to find out. But, notice the interim coach is starting ORTON.

As for "being fair to Orton" I only meant that Orton is NOT what went wrong with the Broncos this season. It wasn't his fault. He played about as well as you could expect. No running game because McMoron traded away not one but TWO stud RBs, and screwed up the blocking scheme without replacing it with anything better. No defense because McIdiot failed to draft or trade for anybody useful. (Robert Ayers might just as well be the new official Jarvis Moss).

My guess is that Tebow is just as raw as advertised and they don't want to throw him into a situation he's not ready for and stunt his "development". That would be especially true if the new GM will want to trade him.

Throwing him out there just so fans get to see him fail is not good sense. (And again I'd like to see him try -- but they probably know things we don't about his level of development -- clearly it's not too high or McDaniels would have put him in!)

You can't escape the logic of that! McDaniels ONE CHANCE to escape the guillotine was to put in Tebow and have him shine! That would provide "hope for the future". The fact that he didn't dare do it, proves Tebow simply ain't ready.

vandammage13
12-08-2010, 01:00 PM
#1 -- Tebow was McDaniels guy. He was desperate, flailing and raging at players (reportedly) towards the end as he saw the noose descending quickly towards his neck.

Yet you didn't see Tebow? Why not?

#2 Answer: McDaniels was convinced "Tebow is not ready to start." Period. If McDaniels didn't even TRY the "Hail Mary Tebow" move even though he knew he was about to get fired how bad must Tebow be right now?
Personally, as I said, I'd like to find out. But, notice the interim coach is starting ORTON.

As for "being fair to Orton" I only meant that Orton is NOT what went wrong with the Broncos this season. It wasn't his fault. He played about as well as you could expect. No running game because McMoron traded away not one but TWO stud RBs, and screwed up the blocking scheme without replacing it with anything better. No defense because McIdiot failed to draft or trade for anybody useful. (Robert Ayers might just as well be the new official Jarvis Moss).

My guess is that Tebow is just as raw as advertised and they don't want to throw him into a situation he's not ready for and stunt his "development". That would be especially true if the new GM will want to trade him.

Throwing him out there just so fans get to see him fail is not good sense. (And again I'd like to see him try -- but they probably know things we don't about his level of development -- clearly it's not too high or McDaniels would have put him in!)
You can't escape the logic of that! McDaniels ONE CHANCE to escape the guillotine was to put in Tebow and have him shine! That would provide "hope for the future". The fact that he didn't dare do it, proves Tebow simply ain't ready.

I think that McD was so arrogant and conceded that he probably never thought that he was going to get fired mid season. I'm sure he didn't see it coming....If he knew he was going to get fired, I'm sure he would have used that "Hail Mary" by playing Tebow in hopes of saving his job. He probably thought he could make it through the year and survive the offseason by playing the "Wait till you see Tebow" card. McD was just so full of himself that he failed to see the writing on the wall.

Buff
12-08-2010, 01:04 PM

Holy Shit, you're alive.

Tned
12-08-2010, 01:25 PM

Yea, because race has everything to do with yearning after his YPC, YAC, TDs, REC, etc... Wow, can't believe you went there.

slim
12-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Yea, because race has everything to do with yearning after his YPC, YAC, TDs, REC, etc... Wow, can't believe you went there.

Have you not met NUB?

BroncoJoe
12-08-2010, 02:10 PM
. . .

My guess is that

. . .

. . .

I think that

. . .

Enough said...

vandammage13
12-08-2010, 02:12 PM
Enough said...

Yep..I'm glad there are forums out there where I can voice my opinion.

BroncoJoe
12-08-2010, 02:16 PM
Yep..I'm glad there are forums out there where I can voice my opinion.

As am I.

WARHORSE
12-08-2010, 02:19 PM
Tebow isnt going anywhere anytime soon........except under center.

Ravage!!!
12-08-2010, 02:45 PM
Tebow isnt going anywhere anytime soon........except under center.

Seem this week he's going back to the bench.

NameUsedBefore
12-08-2010, 04:26 PM

It was a joke. There are clear racial implications involved with Hillis no matter which way you swing it and I was making light of that fact.

slim
12-08-2010, 04:29 PM
NUB, did you graduate yet?

NameUsedBefore
12-08-2010, 04:31 PM
No. Everything I need to know is done and thoroughly so. However, in the interest of making me a more well-rounded individual I must take classes like appreciating theater, and yoga, and perhaps a little golf. It is a technicality as this point. What I want to do with my future is a matter of deciding to join the tax paying club doing a certain kind of work or to get my master's.

slim
12-08-2010, 04:48 PM
You are not a man until you start paying taxes.

Dreadnought
12-08-2010, 04:55 PM
You are not a man until you start paying taxes.

Well, and woken up at least once unclear about where exactly you are, next to an ugly girl whose name you are only hazy about, with a monstrous headache, and with the inside of your mouth feeling like the bottom of a parrot cage.

I Eat Staples
12-08-2010, 06:46 PM
If we limit our coach search to coaches who will work with Tebow as a starter we're going to end up with another McDaniels...

turftoad
12-08-2010, 06:54 PM
No. Everything I need to know is done and thoroughly so. However, in the interest of making me a more well-rounded individual I must take classes like appreciating theater, and yoga, and perhaps a little golf. It is a technicality as this point. What I want to do with my future is a matter of deciding to join the tax paying club doing a certain kind of work or to get my master's.

Well, just don't fail oga NUB. :beer:

Tned
12-08-2010, 07:14 PM
It was a joke. There are clear racial implications involved with Hillis no matter which way you swing it and I was making light of that fact.

Yes, in the sense he will be the first white RB to rush for 1,000 yards in a while, I suppose there are some 'implications', but I can't speak for everyone, but I'm pretty sure we wouldn't care if the RB was mauve colored as long as he put up the numbers when he got his shot in '08 and that he is putting up in '10.

chazoe60
12-08-2010, 07:34 PM

I have no doubt that part of Hillis' appeal is that he is white. But, when Dungy won the SB the headline was "First African American HC to win SB!!!!!!" I can guarantee you that the "First White RB to rush for 1000 yards!!" will be a headline that will be treated with kid gloves. The lack of any honesty and the complete and utter punishment of those that actually show honesty when it comes to race in this country is absolutely sickening.

It is not a bad thing to like that Hillis will become the first white RB to gain 1000 yards in a long time, and it is not a bad thing to discuss it either. Or even joke about it.

dogfish
12-08-2010, 07:43 PM
they may change the name of that franchise to "the cleveland whites" by the time he's done. . . .

BeefStew25
12-08-2010, 07:55 PM
NUB, I hope you have been well. Email me your resume and let's get you up and going.

Juriga72
12-08-2010, 08:13 PM
they may change the name of that franchise to "the cleveland whites" by the time he's done. . . .

Hey now......
I bought a "Fighting Whities" t-shirt from the Native American basketball team that played up at Northern Colorado a few years ago... It has a guy who looks JUST like a Drew Carey caricature on the front.

Mangenuis keeps this up they will sue his arse

BeefStew25
12-08-2010, 08:14 PM
When we played the indian schools, our students would do the chant:

WE PAY TAXES YES WE DO, WE PAY TAXES, HOW BOUT YOU?

Dzone
12-08-2010, 08:15 PM
I have no doubt that part of Hillis' appeal is that he is white. But, when Dungy won the SB the headline was "First African American HC to win SB!!!!!!" I can guarantee you that the "First White RB to rush for 1000 yards!!" will be a headline that will be treated with kid gloves. The lack of any honesty and the complete and utter punishment of those that actually show honesty when it comes to race in this country is absolutely sickening.

It is not a bad thing to like that Hillis will become the first white RB to gain 1000 yards in a long time, and it is not a bad thing to discuss it either. Or even joke about it.

Awesome!!!!...

Dzone
12-08-2010, 08:18 PM
Throw Danny Woodhead in there as the other white guy who is kicking butt runnin and catchin the ball...white Rbs are discriminated against, just like Hillis was here

BeefStew25
12-08-2010, 08:21 PM
There are some races that just don't fit at certain positions. That is why I never liked Scott Fujita. Japanese linebackers have not proved their worth in the NFL yet.

Medford Bronco
12-08-2010, 08:22 PM
seriously med, it pisses me off so stinking bad that marshawn lynch was sitting there the whole time, for the same price, and mcjackass had to trade for that pile of new england garbage instead. . .

Thats why McJackass should be working at Filenes Basement for the Xmas season. maybe he can find some bargains there:lol:

Medford Bronco
12-08-2010, 08:23 PM
Throw Danny Woodhead in there as the other white guy who is kicking butt runnin and catchin the ball...white Rbs are discriminated against, just like Hillis was here

he is awesome. I love the way he ripped the Jets last week. Vs his former team that had to feel great:beer:

chazoe60
12-08-2010, 08:24 PM
There are some races that just don't fit at certain positions. That is why I never liked Scott Fujita. Japanese linebackers have not proved their worth in the NFL yet.

Now you're just being silly. :laugh::laugh:

dogfish
12-08-2010, 08:33 PM

neither have cuban receivers, but you adore glenn martinez. . .

how do you feel about haruki nakamura?

Lancane
12-08-2010, 08:46 PM
Now you're just being silly. :laugh::laugh:

Actually, it's just being honest. It may not be politically correct to think one way or another, but the perception is there because what history has proven. Such as white tailbacks being successful, 9 times out of 10 times they are not, just like African-American coaches are not usually successful in the NFL, 9 times out of 10 they are not. So, owners and general managers, even coaches follow the formula of what is successful at the next level. It's sounds racist, but in truth all it is, is following a trend which has shown more success. Now and then someone surpasses the statistics...but until the stats back-up equal footing, no matter what it is in regards to, people will be bias.

Dzone
12-08-2010, 08:50 PM

:lol::lol:...LMAO...

Dzone
12-08-2010, 08:53 PM
They were discussing this topic on ESpn radio and the lack of white cornerbacks...Even if a guy is a white cornerback, he is going to have to overcome a lot of discrimination and stereotyping to even get a chance

Lancane
12-08-2010, 10:15 PM
They were discussing this topic on ESpn radio and the lack of white cornerbacks...Even if a guy is a white cornerback, he is going to have to overcome a lot of discrimination and stereotyping to even get a chance

Jason Sehorn was the last good white cornerback, and that was in the 90's, he really slowed down as he got older, did not even last ten years in the league. And most don't even try to enter the NFL, they know the rate of success at the pro-level is not good, those who do make it are usually converted to safety. Maybe we should try Tebow at free safety...just an idea.

:D

scott.475
12-08-2010, 11:01 PM

I know you are being funny, but you do know Fujita is white, right? Adopted by Japanese parents.

http://thumbnails.truveo.com/0010/9B/D1/9BD19923150D23A5AA970A_Large.jpg

BeefStew25
12-08-2010, 11:43 PM
Well now I just feel like an ass.

scott.475
12-08-2010, 11:54 PM
Well now I just feel like an ass.

Well then, your avatar fits! :D