PDA

View Full Version : Last cuts by DEN

Lonestar
08-30-2008, 12:07 AM
Who wants to talk about final cuts..

I will merge this with the other cuts thread after it dies down..

honz
08-30-2008, 12:12 AM
People that I thought earned roster spots tonight: Woodyard, Colbert, Martinez, Larsen, Paulescu, Alridge, and even Russel looked decent, but I think Colbert and Martinez beat him out.

JONtheBRONCO
08-30-2008, 12:17 AM
It will be hard after tonight, thats for sure. Watching the game, a lot of young guys played well..

Traveler
08-30-2008, 12:50 AM
Birdine, Carrington, Clemons, Dada, Ekuban, Erickson, Gandy, Green, S. Harris , McDaniel, Martinez, Mustard, Paulescu, Pears, Pierce, Pittman, Poole, Rogers, Russell, Vaughn.

Lonestar
08-30-2008, 02:31 AM
Birdine, Carrington, Clemons, Dada, Ekuban, Erickson, Gandy, Green, S. Harris , McDaniel, Martinez, Mustard, Paulescu, Pears, Pierce, Pittman, Poole, Rogers, Russell, Vaughn.

need two more.. the cuts will be deep and painful..

omac
08-30-2008, 05:35 AM

At least that means our team is deeper than before.

sneakers
08-30-2008, 06:48 AM

Chad Mustard always seems to avoid the chopping block......every single year.

Traveler
08-30-2008, 07:53 AM

I thought with the trade of Holland made the number of cuts 20. I have no clue as to the last cut. But would guess Nalen or Alexander.

Fan in Exile
08-30-2008, 08:44 AM
I think that Ramsey might be cut. Hackney's been looking real good, and Cutler doesn't seem to need that veteran presence anymore.

elsid13
08-30-2008, 08:49 AM
I think that Ramsey might be cut. Hackney's been looking real good, and Cutler doesn't seem to need that veteran presence anymore.

Shahanan already said that Ramsey is the #2 QB.

nevcraw
08-30-2008, 08:54 AM
I'm guessing Larsen get's cut and they try to stick him on PS.. Same with Barrett. Woodyard sticks and I think based on upside Hillis has to stick and it's pretty much a coin flip between Pittman and Sapp..

AgentOrange
08-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Trav, I think you made a good first pass here. Among others I'd hate to lose Green. He reminds me of Keith Burns, and if Shanny feels the same way he may end up sticking around.

Fan in Exile
08-30-2008, 09:01 AM
Shahanan already said that Ramsey is the #2 QB.

When did he say that?

elsid13
08-30-2008, 09:05 AM
When did he say that?

Last night before the game. CBS4 reported it when they were doing the broadcast.

Fan in Exile
08-30-2008, 09:22 AM
Last night before the game. CBS4 reported it when they were doing the broadcast.

Oh, well that's great because clearly nothing could have changed during the game.

anton...
08-30-2008, 09:28 AM
what we need to do is to throw a sneaky move...

"cut" the 21 players that need releasing so we can get down to 53...

but not really cut any of them... instead keep them all in an I-70 motel somewhere...

feed them on the occasion and if someone goes down from the 53, bring them in...
________
E-Cigarettes (http://www.ecigarettes123.com/)

lex
08-30-2008, 09:33 AM
Oh, well that's great because clearly nothing could have changed during the game.

It actually does mean something because many think Ramsey has been horrible and so for Ramsey to still be #2 even after some horrible play, its a bad sign for Hackney, considering Hackney has looked better than Ramsey most of the preseason.

Fan in Exile
08-30-2008, 10:06 AM
It actually does mean something because many think Ramsey has been horrible and so for Ramsey to still be #2 even after some horrible play, its a bad sign for Hackney, considering Hackney has looked better than Ramsey most of the preseason.

I didn't say it didn't mean anything. Despite what CBS4 reported I still wouldn't be surprised if Ramsey is cut.

hotcarl
08-30-2008, 10:31 AM
what we need to do is to throw a sneaky move...

"cut" the 21 players that need releasing so we can get down to 53...

but not really cut any of them... instead keep them all in an I-70 motel somewhere...

feed them on the occasion and if someone goes down from the 53, bring them in...

oh boy! you are a hoot!

:welcome:

Lonestar
08-30-2008, 10:33 AM
officially the number is indeed 21 after the trade to DAL..
anyone else want to take guess before they announce the actual cuts..

BTW I think as good as Hackney looked last night being 6' in this Offense has doomed him..

I think he can play elsewhere as a backup but having him here negates Drafting Jay and installing a more drop back passing style.. He simply does not make most of his plays in the pocket..

hotcarl
08-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Trav, I think you made a good first pass here. Among others I'd hate to lose Green. He reminds me of Keith Burns, and if Shanny feels the same way he may end up sticking around.

how does he remind you of burns? perrinial 3rd stringer? mascot? :welcome:

Traveler
08-30-2008, 10:52 AM

I like Green too, but Woodyard makes him expendible. Woodyard has more upside. Green has maxed his potential.

Lonestar
08-30-2008, 10:57 AM
I like Green too, but Woodyard makes him expendable. Woodyard has more upside. Green has maxed his potential.

Woodyard IMO is a scary prospect why he was not drafted is beyond my thought process.. maybe because he was a converted safety and had not played LB but for a couple of years on a small college team..

But I'm impressed with what I have seen, I'm guessing he leads the team in tackles..

atwater27
08-30-2008, 11:42 AM
Green has maxed his potential.

Ummm. Not for you to decide.

Traveler
08-30-2008, 11:59 AM
Ummm. Not for you to decide.

Duh! Aren't you the genious?:rant:

lex
08-30-2008, 12:02 PM
I didn't say it didn't mean anything. Despite what CBS4 reported I still wouldn't be surprised if Ramsey is cut.

I really hope youre right but I think its Ramsey over Hackney.

elsid13
08-30-2008, 12:06 PM

CBS crew also mention that Shanahan didn't care what Hackney did he wasn't going effect the QB depth chart. Last night Hackney was playing for spot as either PS player or some other team.

atwater27
08-30-2008, 12:16 PM
Duh! Aren't you the genious?:rant:

Many people have spelled the word genius this way for as long as they can remember. It is NOT the correct spelling. The correctly spelled word "genius" is used to describe one's intelligence.
"People who spell genius, genious, are most certainly not geniuses."
genius genious smart intelligent brilliant

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=genious

Traveler
08-30-2008, 12:27 PM
Many people have spelled the word genius this way for as long as they can remember. It is NOT the correct spelling. The correctly spelled word "genius" is used to describe one's intelligence.
"People who spell genius, genious, are most certainly not geniuses."
genius genious smart intelligent brilliant

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=genious

Oohh, you really showed me! You are so smart.:coffee: Here the lesson endeth, right?

Lonestar
08-30-2008, 12:34 PM
:focus:

attack the message not the messenger..

atwater27
08-30-2008, 12:35 PM
I just figured if someone was going to call me a genius, they could at least spell it right.

Traveler
08-30-2008, 12:40 PM
:focus:

attack the message not the messenger..

But he started it!:laugh: Just bustin his chops. Message received.

Traveler
08-30-2008, 12:41 PM
I just figured if someone was going to call me a genius, they could at least spell it right.

That was the whole point genious:D. Guess the joke went under you. And for that I apologize.

atwater27
08-30-2008, 12:43 PM
That was the whole point genious:D. Guess the joke went under you. And for that I apologize.

Oooooh. I get it now! (Nice save):rolleyes:

jhns
08-30-2008, 01:09 PM
We have a young starting QB. Shanny will keep Ramsey simply for the fact that he is a veteran and can help Jay a lot more than Hackney can. It isn't like we would make the playoffs if we had to depend on either of these guys. I don't get why people are not getting this.

Lonestar
08-30-2008, 01:11 PM
We have a young starting QB. Shanny will keep Ramsey simply for the fact that he is a veteran and can help Jay a lot more than Hackney can. It isn't like we would make the playoffs if we had to depend on either of these guys. I don't get why people are not getting this.

over their collective heads is my guess..

While Ramsey is nothing to write home about hackney just does not fit behind a tall OLINE that is being rebuilt for a drop back passing model..

Fan in Exile
08-30-2008, 01:57 PM

over their collective heads is my guess..

While Ramsey is nothing to write home about hackney just does not fit behind a tall OLINE that is being rebuilt for a drop back passing model..

Or perhaps both your points are overrated. Cutler's not a rookie anymore he had a year to pick Jake's mind and more than that with Ramsey. The veteran presence argument at this point seems a pretty week argument for keeping someone who hasn't been playing well.

The drop back argument is even weaker. We certainly haven't gotten rid of bootlegs or roll outs. The line is still athletic enough to cover for a guy who is out of the pocket. Even if that weren't true Hackney wouldn't be the first shorter guy to make it as a QB.

jhns
08-30-2008, 02:31 PM
Or perhaps both your points are overrated. Cutler's not a rookie anymore he had a year to pick Jake's mind and more than that with Ramsey. The veteran presence argument at this point seems a pretty week argument for keeping someone who hasn't been playing well.

The drop back argument is even weaker. We certainly haven't gotten rid of bootlegs or roll outs. The line is still athletic enough to cover for a guy who is out of the pocket. Even if that weren't true Hackney wouldn't be the first shorter guy to make it as a QB.

Whatever you want to think. When Ramsey is still on the roster after today, that will be why.

Cutler has started one full season and five games of another. He certainly is no seasoned veteran that knows everything.

Tned
08-30-2008, 02:38 PM
Broncos' cuts include Sapp, Hackney

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/30/broncos-cuts-include-sapp-hackney/

By Rocky staff reports

Originally published 01:35 p.m., August 30, 2008
Updated 01:33 p.m., August 30, 2008

The Broncos have started making cuts to get to the NFL-mandated 53-player limit, and fullback Cecil Sapp is one of the casualties.

Sapp, a former Colorado State athlete, was the only listed starter to log any playing time in the Broncos' 28-14 preseason-finale win against the Arizona Cardinals on Friday night.

Also released Saturday were quarterback Darrell Hackney, offensive lineman P.J. Alexander, tight end Chad Mustard, defensive ends Paul Carrington and Larry Birdine, and safety Josh Barrett, a seventh-round pick in the draft this year.

Barrett is eligible for the Broncos' practice squad.

G_Money
08-30-2008, 02:43 PM
I like Cecil, but Hillis can be more than Sapp. Sapp is already what he's ever gonna be. Hillis hasn't scratched the surface yet.

Of all our draftpicks, Barrett has a really good chance to make it through to the practice squad. That should work out for us. At least I certainly hope so - we need to keep potential improvements at the safety position around until we're sure they're not improvements.

If we keep Hillis on the 53 man now as looks likely and get Barrett onto the practice squad, I feel good about those two things.

~G

Tned
08-30-2008, 02:49 PM
I like Cecil, but Hillis can be more than Sapp. Sapp is already what he's ever gonna be. Hillis hasn't scratched the surface yet.

Of all our draftpicks, Barrett has a really good chance to make it through to the practice squad. That should work out for us. At least I certainly hope so - we need to keep potential improvements at the safety position around until we're sure they're not improvements.

If we keep Hillis on the 53 man now as looks likely and get Barrett onto the practice squad, I feel good about those two things.

~G

While I don't feel great about Ramsey, I am glad that we are only going to carry two QBs. I feel this is a Cutler or bust team in '08. Meaning, we won't have the dominating running game that can overcome a mediocre QB. Therefore, I hate to see us waste a roster spot on a 3rd QB which wouldn't be able to lead us into the playoffs if Cutler and the backup went down.

G_Money
08-30-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't believe anybody's pickin' up Hackney. He'll be on the PS again, and then I expect him to replace Ramsey as our backup next year. No sense sweating it.

Like you said, neither guy is taking us to a bunch of wins without Cutler.

~G

slim
08-30-2008, 03:03 PM
I thought Sapp might not make the cut....not a real surprise.

Fan in Exile
08-30-2008, 03:10 PM
#

RMN_Jeff: broncos cut wide receiver glenn martinez....

Saturday, Aug. 30, 2:01 p.m.

slim
08-30-2008, 03:11 PM

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/aug/30/broncos-cuts-include-sapp-hackney/

This little blurb was added to the article you posted.

Also, the Broncos officially told running back Ryan Torain that he'll be on the 53-man roster, despite an elbow injury that will keep him sidelined until late October or early November.

Tned
08-30-2008, 03:15 PM
This little blurb was added to the article you posted.

Glad to hear that on Torrain. It means someone else got cut, but it gives him a chance to contribute this year, but even better, gives the Broncos a chance to see how he might contribute in '09.

G_Money
08-30-2008, 03:15 PM
Mmm. I would have put him on IR.

He must be some kind of impressive for us to want him with a weak and withered arm somewhere around the middle of the season.

Right?

~G

slim
08-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Mmm. I would have put him on IR.

He must be some kind of impressive for us to want him with a weak and withered arm somewhere around the middle of the season.

Right?

~G

Yeah, seems a little strange to me too. I guess Shanny must really believe what he said about Ryan (you know, the TD comment). :noidea:

Dreadnought
08-30-2008, 03:19 PM
Glad to hear that on Torrain. It means someone else got cut, but it gives him a chance to contribute this year, but even better, gives the Broncos a chance to see how he might contribute in '09.

I think it might be bad news for Pittman at a guess

slim
08-30-2008, 03:28 PM
RMN just added Sam Paulescu to their list.

slim
08-30-2008, 03:33 PM
I think we need 21...better keep a running list.

1 .Cecil Sapp
2. Glenn Martinez
3. Darrell Hackney
4. Sam Paulescu
5. P.J. Alexander
6. Chad Mustard
7. Brett Pierce
8. Paul Carrington
9. Larry Birdine
10. Mitch Erickson
11. Josh Barrett

honz
08-30-2008, 03:47 PM
I thought Birdine looked good in the preseason...would have liked to keep him, but I guess we are already set at DE.

Glad we kept Hillis over Sapp, and I'm surprised that Martinez and Paulescu were cut. I thought both of those guys would be on the team this year.

LRtagger
08-30-2008, 03:51 PM
RMN just added Sam Paulescu to their list.

This I dont understand...did Paulescu not outduel Kern last night??

elsid13
08-30-2008, 03:53 PM
This I dont understand...did Paulescu not outduel Kern last night??

One game doesn't mean anything. It a long review over the OTA, Camp, etc. Kern has better leg strength and is the holder for the kicker.

Tned
08-30-2008, 03:59 PM

1 .Cecil Sapp
2. Glenn Martinez
3. Darrell Hackney
4. Sam Paulescu
5. P.J. Alexander
6. Chad Mustard
7. Brett Pierce
8. Paul Carrington
9. Larry Birdine
10. Mitch Erickson
11. Josh Barrett

DT Steven Harris has been reported on another forum.

DenBronx
08-30-2008, 03:59 PM
This sucks...I was hoping to see this kid play. He has a natural talent.

The Broncos have started making cuts to get to the NFL-mandated 53-player limit, and fullback Cecil Sapp is one of the casualties.

Wide receiver Glenn Martinez also was released. He was Denver's primary punt returner in 2007, and he had an 80-yard touchdown against Tennessee on Nov. 19. He played in 12 games, starting one, with 14 catches for 175 yards.

Sapp, a former Colorado State athlete, was the only listed starter to log any playing time in the Broncos' 28-14 preseason-finale win against the Arizona Cardinals on Friday night. He was waived injured with a hip flexor.

Also released Saturday were quarterback Darrell Hackney, punter Sam Paulescu, offensive lineman P.J. Alexander, tight ends Chad Mustard and Brett Pierce, defensive ends Paul Carrington and Larry Birdine, offensive lineman Mitch Erickson, and safety Josh Barrett, a seventh-round pick in the draft this year.

Barrett is eligible for the Broncos' practice squad.

Also, the Broncos officially told running back Ryan Torain that he'll be on the 53-man roster, despite an elbow injury that will keep him sidelined until late October or early November.

Rookie running back Anthony Alridge is headed for injured reserve after tearing a ligament in his foot during the game Friday night. He left the Broncos' Dove Valley facility on crutches Saturday.

Subscribe to the Rocky Mountain News

slim
08-30-2008, 04:00 PM
DT Steven Harris has been reported on another forum.

This was just added to the RMN story

Rookie running back Anthony Alridge is headed for injured reserve after tearing a ligament in his foot during the game Friday night. He left the Broncos' Dove Valley facility on crutches Saturday.

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 04:01 PM
Hackney should have been the backup.

Sucks about Alridge, but that probably allowed us to keep Torain on the roster.

Hillis = Starter.

slim
08-30-2008, 04:02 PM

Hillis = Starter.

Yup, I agree with all of those things (and I'm not even drunk)...weird.

slim
08-30-2008, 04:04 PM

1 .Cecil Sapp
2. Glenn Martinez
3. Darrell Hackney
4. Sam Paulescu
5. P.J. Alexander
6. Chad Mustard
7. Brett Pierce
8. Paul Carrington
9. Larry Birdine
10. Mitch Erickson
11. Josh Barrett
12. Steven Harris
13. Anthony Alridge (IR)

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 04:05 PM
Yup, I agree with all of those things (and I'm not even drunk)...weird.

I'm an intelligent man, slim...you're just going to have to deal with that fact.

honz
08-30-2008, 04:06 PM
This was just added to the RMN story
What? Didn't Alridge play into the 4th Q last night? I don't remember him getting hurt. That sucks!

DenBronx
08-30-2008, 04:06 PM

Hillis = Starter.

I bet Hackney clears the waivers and goes PS again this year. If we get in a bind with QB injuries then we can always call Tampa Bay for Simms. :laugh:

I think by putting Torain on PUP that it will clear up a roster spot for the first 6 weeks and then once he is reactivated then someone will get the Mustard treatment.

Hillis is a beast, i'm glad he won the job.

Benetto
08-30-2008, 04:12 PM
Bief is going to be pissed about Glen Martinez.

Hackney is a better QB than Ramsey...It must be Ramsey's contract that kept him in O&B.

Italianmobstr7
08-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Apparently Kern won the Punting job...

slim
08-30-2008, 04:14 PM
Ashley was released by the niners.

The over/under on the number of "lets bring back assley" threads is 35.

Dreadnought
08-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Ashley was released by the niners.

The over/under on the number of "lets bring back assley" threads is 35.

Maybe Claymore should start a poll on that subject in the Lounge :laugh:

slim
08-30-2008, 04:16 PM
Bief is going to be pissed about Glen Martinez.

Hackney is a better QB than Ramsey...It must be Ramsey's contract that kept him in O&B.

Oh man and the steelers released Paul Ernster today. Man, beef is going to need a hug.

G_Money
08-30-2008, 04:19 PM
I think by putting Torain on PUP that it will clear up a roster spot for the first 6 weeks and then once he is reactivated then someone will get the Mustard treatment.

Hillis is a beast, i'm glad he won the job.

You can't put Torain on the PUP list. He practiced in the preseason. You're not allowed to do that and still make the PUP.

So he's on the 53 man. Knowing Shanny's tendencies I don't even know if Alridge has any sort of devastating injury. He likes to IR a guy he wants around next year. Alridge did get hurt last night - you could see it when it happened. But even if it's only a month-long injury there's no sense keeping him on the roster. He'd be coming back around when Torain would be.

Too bad for Alridge. Good for us that we'll have him around next year, but I'm sure he'd rather be playing this year, starter or practice, for us or for someone else.

~G

DenBronx
08-30-2008, 04:20 PM

Is Sam Paulescu heading to PS???

Mike
08-30-2008, 04:22 PM

Both guys did a good job. I bet it came down to whoever Prater felt more comfortable with holding on FGs.

I am skeptical about Alridge's injury. It seems mighty convenient...but then I am just a skeptic at heart. ;)

dogfish
08-30-2008, 04:23 PM
i'm disappointed to see sapp waived for that douchebag pittman. . . otherwise, no complaints. . . .

honz
08-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Both guys did a good job. I bet it came down to whoever Prater felt more comfortable with holding on FGs.

I am skeptical about Alridge's injury. It seems mighty convenient...but then I am just a skeptic at heart. ;)
I was thinking the same thing about Alridge's injury.

BroncoWave
08-30-2008, 04:26 PM
Guys, HACKney is NOT a better QB than Ramsey. Just because he plays ok football against 3rd-4th stringers in the preseason doesn't mean he should be the guy we trust in the event that Cutler goes down. I think too many of you are letting your hate for Ramsey cloud your objectivity in looking at the 2 players. I say this because pretty much the ONLY argument I've seen for keeping HACKney is "OMGZ, Ramesy sucks". Sorry, but unless you can actually justify what makes HACKney better than Ramsey, you really don't have much of an argument.

underrated29
08-30-2008, 04:27 PM
I agree sapp instead of pittman. I also am happy kern won the battle. Last night i was talking to my friends whilst watching the game how paulescue has a funny stance when waiting of the snap and he doesnt look comfortable out there.

I am also glad colbert is in and martinez is out. But i would rather have had martinez than russell.- not a fan of his.

I hope barrett makes it to the PS. I am worried someone will take him from us. I really like him and think he is going to be a good player once he adjusts to the pros.

elsid13
08-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Post is now reporting Sapp was an Injury Waiver due to hip flexor

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 04:29 PM
Guys, HACKney is NOT a better QB than Ramsey. Just because he plays ok football against 3rd-4th stringers in the preseason doesn't mean he should be the guy we trust in the event that Ramsey goes down. I think too many of you are letting your hate for Ramsey cloud your objectivity in looking at the 2 players. I say this because pretty much the ONLY argument I've seen for keeping HACKney is "OMGZ, Ramesy sucks". Sorry, but unless you can actually justify what makes HACKney better than Ramsey, you really don't have much of an argument.

What if our hate for Ramsey came from the fact that he sucks on the field?

He has a solid 46.8 Passer Rating this preseason. So, a guy who plays good against 3rd and 4th stringers vs. a guy who sucks against second and third-stringers?

I'll take the former.

honz
08-30-2008, 04:31 PM
Guys, HACKney is NOT a better QB than Ramsey. Just because he plays ok football against 3rd-4th stringers in the preseason doesn't mean he should be the guy we trust in the event that Cutler goes down. I think too many of you are letting your hate for Ramsey cloud your objectivity in looking at the 2 players. I say this because pretty much the ONLY argument I've seen for keeping HACKney is "OMGZ, Ramesy sucks". Sorry, but unless you can actually justify what makes HACKney better than Ramsey, you really don't have much of an argument.
I like the fact that Hackney doesn't throw fluttering balls right into the hands of defenders.

Mike
08-30-2008, 04:34 PM
I hope barrett makes it to the PS. I am worried someone will take him from us. I really like him and think he is going to be a good player once he adjusts to the pros.

I will be surprised if Barrett gets snagged by another team.

BroncoWave
08-30-2008, 04:34 PM
What if our hate for Ramsey came from the fact that he sucks on the field?

He has a solid 46.8 Passer Rating this preseason. So, a guy who plays good against 3rd and 4th stringers vs. a guy who sucks against second and third-stringers?

I'll take the former.

Ok, but what exactly makes Hackney better? It's easy to shine against other team's camp fodder. Now I don't think either one of them are any good so if you're going to keep one, keep the guy who has experience and has actually seen game time against starters before.

Traveler
08-30-2008, 04:35 PM
I'm surprised that Martinez and Paulescu were cut. I thought both of those guys would be on the team this year.

Royal made Martinez expendable.

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 04:36 PM
Ok, but what exactly makes Hackney better? It's easy to shine against other team's camp fodder. Now I don't think either one of them are any good so if you're going to keep one, keep the guy who has experience and has actually seen game time against starters before.

Do you understand how bad 46.8 is?

dogfish
08-30-2008, 04:37 PM

can do! ramsey is 29, with 24 career starts, and he still blows. . . hackney is 25, with no career starts-- he still has potentially undeveloped upside, which ramsey is quickly running out of. . . of course, that's the only thing he's running out of quickly, which is the real reason we should have kept hackney-- escapability! hackney has it, ramsey doesn't. . . hackney has just as much zip on his passes, and is a better athlete. . . if we had to put one of them in, neither is much of a pocket passer at this stage of their respective development, but at least hackney can pick up some yards with his legs, and run around and extend plays. . . what can ramsey do that hackney can't?

and hackney has some competitive fire that i just don't see in ramsey. . . hackney is younger, cheaper, and a better athlete-- he may not read defenses well, or throw with great accuracy, but ramsey doesn't either-- and hackney has a better chance to improve in those areas with more experience, where ramsey's already had that chance and hasn't capitalized. . .

turftoad
08-30-2008, 04:40 PM
Ramsey will be fine. He played pretty well last year when called apon.

GEM
08-30-2008, 04:45 PM
Ramsey will be fine. He played pretty well last year when called apon.

In that Detroit game??

Hang on a second...HAHAHAHAHAHAH!

*clears throat* Serious?

underrated29
08-30-2008, 05:03 PM
Who gives a flying shit? Niether are going to see the field this year anyways.

We can go over this arguement next spring when the real hackeny vs ramsey war will go on. Next year will be the deciding year of who gets #2.

MOtorboat
08-30-2008, 05:06 PM

We can go over this arguement next spring when the real hackeny vs ramsey war will go on. Next year will be the deciding year of who gets #2.

I unjinx your jinx.

BroncoWave
08-30-2008, 05:25 PM

So quarterbacks never get hurt? :confused:

Should I reference you to the lions game last season, or the 49ers game the year before that?

Mike
08-30-2008, 05:41 PM

Man...you gotta know better than to say stuff like that. :tsk:

ChampWJ
08-30-2008, 05:44 PM
This looks like the complete list:

P.J. Alexander
Josh Barrett
Jordan Beck
Larry Birdine
Paul Carrington
Wale Dada
Mitch Erickson
Dylan Gandy
Darrell Hackney
Steven Harris
Glenn Martinez
Marquay McDaniel
Chad Mustard
Sam Paulescu
Tyrone Poole
Clifford Russell
Vickiel Vaughn
Brett Pierce - waived injured
Cecil Sapp - reserve/injured pending injury settlement

Anthony Alridge - IR

hamrob
08-30-2008, 05:47 PM
I bet these 5 guys go on the Practice Squad. That means we have room for 3 other guys to pick up from around the league.

Josh Barrett
Mitch Erickson
Darrell Hackney
Steven Harris
Marquay McDaniel

hamrob
08-30-2008, 05:56 PM
Here is the official list from the Broncos site.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2008/08/30/final-cuts-made/

Dreadnought
08-30-2008, 05:57 PM
A little surprised Russell didn't survive. Very happy that Larsen and Woodyard made the squad

Italianmobstr7
08-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Here is the official list from the Broncos site.

http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/2008/08/30/final-cuts-made/

Great find. So Sapp didn't get "cut" he's on the "reserve/injured" list. I like Sapp, but I'm glad that Hillis is a part of our active roster instead of him.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-30-2008, 06:05 PM
I couldn't be more pleased. I know Dread and a few others are super excited about Woodyard making the roster -- the kid definitely earned it. I'm super stoked on the team we have this year.

Slick
08-30-2008, 06:07 PM
I like Hackney's mobility. Ramsey is a statue, and he sucks. We won't need either. Insulin is to Cutler as spinach is to this man.

http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w309/slickdonkey7/popeye.jpg

honz
08-30-2008, 06:14 PM
Definitely pleased with the cuts. Glad Woodyard and Larsen stuck at LB. Glad we kept Hillis. I'm somewhat surprised that Roderick Rodgers made the team over Barret, but I don't really care either way...I just hope Barrett makes it to the practice squad so we can try to develop him, as I'd hate to lose a prospect like him.

I'm also surprised that we cut Martinez. I guess that means that Royal will be handling returns even though he will be a starting WR for us. I guess the other return guy on kickoffs will be Hall.

Slick
08-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Definitely pleased with the cuts. Glad Woodyard and Larsen stuck at LB. Glad we kept Hillis. I'm somewhat surprised that Roderick Rodgers made the team over Barret, but I don't really care either way...I just hope Barrett makes it to the practice squad so we can try to develop him, as I'd hate to lose a prospect like him.

I'm also surprised that we cut Martinez. I guess that means that Royal will be handling returns even though he will be a starting WR for us. I guess the other return guy on kickoffs will be Hall.

No one will pick up Martinez. He'll work at King Soopers, clutching his pay-as-you-go Cingular phone, waiting.

I'm happy about Larsen and Woodyard too.

honz
08-30-2008, 06:24 PM
No one will pick up Martinez. He'll work at King Soopers, clutching his pay-as-you-go Cingular phone, waiting.

I'm happy about Larsen and Woodyard too.
I just figured we would keep him as a return man since Royal should be getting quite a few snaps at WR this year. I still think we kept the best 5 WRs on the roster.

LRtagger
08-30-2008, 06:27 PM
One game doesn't mean anything. It a long review over the OTA, Camp, etc. Kern has better leg strength and is the holder for the kicker.

I thought Paulescu had the better leg all through camp :confused:

Superchop 7
08-30-2008, 06:27 PM
All cuts make sense except Hackney.

Tough luck for Alridge, he was doing great.

Superchop 7
08-30-2008, 06:34 PM
If we want a goal line back.......Caulcrick is available.

hamrob
08-30-2008, 06:46 PM
All cuts make sense except Hackney.

Tough luck for Alridge, he was doing great.Hackney is a hack. He'll make it to the practice squad because he knows the offense and is well liked by the organization...but he is worse than BVP in my book.

ikillz0mbies
08-30-2008, 06:47 PM
Sucks that Beck got cut....I liked him.

hamrob
08-30-2008, 06:51 PM
I really like this years squad and I love the depth. I can't believe we went with only 3 TE's. That's great. I love the fact that we stacked both lines. The only guy I wish would have made the roster is Barrett...on ability. I hope he gets signed to the practice squad. I'm a little surprised that Rogers beat him out. I mean Barrett played well on special teams as well and I really didn't see alot of Rogers. Perhaps it's because he can play cb in a pinch.

Kern making the team makes sense...considering he's our holder and most likely has formed a close relationship with Prater. I thin Pelescu out kicked him in the games slightly...but Kern must have the more upside.

I'm glad that guys like Clemons, Polumbus, Larsen, Hillis, Woodyard & Lichtensteiger made the team. Lots of young hungry talent.

G_Money
08-30-2008, 06:59 PM
P.J. Alexander
Josh Barrett
Jordan Beck
Larry Birdine
Paul Carrington
Wale Dada
Mitch Erickson
Dylan Gandy
Darrell Hackney
Steven Harris
Glenn Martinez
Marquay McDaniel
Chad Mustard
Sam Paulescu
Tyrone Poole
Clifford Russell
Vickiel Vaughn
Brett Pierce - waived injured
Cecil Sapp - reserve/injured pending injury settlement

Anthony Alridge - IR

Things that come to mind looking at that list:

- We really don't want to put ANYBODY up for grabs on the practice squad. Better to cut vets than kids apparently, especially at LB and on the OL. Larsen and Woodyard are hammers on special teams and look like they could have futures as starters in this league. Lichtensteiger and Polumbus were more valuable to us than Holland, Gandy and Erickson. Since almost no one plays their first year on the OL under our system (with Clady an obvious exception) I do find that surprising. Not necessarily in a bad way, either.

- We're still gonna try to be creative with the roster. Hackney will be back on the PS, and we're betting that Barrett didn't have enough time to make an impression on some other team (probably a good bet). Alridge may or may not be that injured, but he's also a keeper and the Broncos have done what they have to do to keep him for future years. But a lot of our shuffling is to keep all the kids and the skill backups (we really need all those DBs?), which is gonna require that we don't run into problems in some other areas.

- Royal's back in the return game. Without Alridge and Martinez, it's gonna be Royal and Hall doing most of the duties, it seems. This also is not a bad thing. Royal and Hall are playmakers, and it was obvious from the preseason that Martinez or some other nameless receiver was not gonna cut it.

- We're worried about injuries in non-line positions. We kept Jackson AND Scheffler. We kept 9 DBs and 8 LBs, even if we called one of them the backup FB (Larsen). So our safety injuries are worrying us and Boss's problems may have made us keep an extra LB. That leaves us with 3 RBs, Torain midseason, and Hillis in the backfield. We're also carrying a lot of centers, which I can only assume is because of Nalen's injury status.

- I like our roster. We DID keep the promising kids over the tapped-out vets. We DID set ourselves to be thinner on experience in order to be deeper on talent. We have versatile players - corners who can play safety, LBs who can apparently play FB, OL players who can shift around as needed. We're not deep at WR, but we didn't have the talent there to keep.

Our roster is more talented this year than last year. We'll see if that translates to wins, but no more fat, lazy veterans. Youth and hunger are a part of the team now. I think I'm gonna enjoy the team this year. I like watching people who want to be out there.

Maybe getting all the kids ready to play will be good for Shanahan too, so he can't slough off all his responsibilities onto the vets and has to get invested in the team again.

We're all set. Now bring on Oakland already. I'm ready for some football.

~G

elsid13
08-30-2008, 07:04 PM
G

I think you missing two things in your analysis.

1. On the oline we have players that field multiple positions. Polumbus can play both tackles, Lickmystinger can play all three interior spots, and so can Wiegman. And Kuper can kick out to RT if needed.

2. On defense Foxworth can be move to a Safety spot if we need him to. William also may be able to move to S slot based upon his rover spot in college.

frauschieze
08-30-2008, 07:06 PM
G

1. On the oline we have players that field multiple positions. Polumbus can play both tackles, Lickmystinger can play all three interior spots, and so can Wiegman. And Kuper can kick out to RT if needed.

2. On defense Foxworth can be move to a Safety spot if we need him to. William also may be able to move to S slot based upon his rover spot in college.

Read again. He hit those both, just didn't name names. Good points, though.

Dreadnought
08-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Good point G - also remember we got burnt to a crisp by wretched special teams play last year. Now we have 8 LB's on the roster. Lesson learned?

elsid13
08-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Read again. He hit those both, just didn't name names. Good points, though.

I guess I shouldn't have Tom Clancy it

Requiem / The Dagda
08-30-2008, 07:12 PM
Nic Clemons made the team? Wow.

WARHORSE
08-30-2008, 07:12 PM
As I said, Tyler Polumbus would be kept.............

G_Money
08-30-2008, 07:15 PM
G

I agree with both of those and did briefly mention em. They definitely deserve a highlight of their own.:beer: I just think especially as far as the OL goes it's interesting that we're running 6 guys out there in their 1st, 2nd or 3rd seasons. A lot has been made over the years about how hard our system is to pick up - especially for rooks.

We apparently like these rooks better than rooks we've had in the past.

I'm okay with that. :salute:

~G

elsid13
08-30-2008, 07:26 PM
I agree with both of those and did briefly mention em. They definitely deserve a highlight of their own.:beer: I just think especially as far as the OL goes it's interesting that we're running 6 guys out there in their 1st, 2nd or 3rd seasons. A lot has been made over the years about how hard our system is to pick up - especially for rooks.

We apparently like these rooks better than rooks we've had in the past.

I'm okay with that. :salute:

~G

I think it has to do with the fact, that zone blocking scheme, is being taught in college now. Lichmystinger comes from a team that ran version of it, Boise State runs a true ZBS and I believe CO also runs it with Hawkins.

Slick
08-30-2008, 07:34 PM
Good point G - also remember we got burnt to a crisp by wretched special teams play last year. Now we have 8 LB's on the roster. Lesson learned?

...and special teams look better to me. I liked the fact that both punters directionally punted when they were trying to pin...a lost art in today's NFL.

Some touchbacks from Prater too, both have made it a little easier for the coverage team.

Lonestar
08-30-2008, 07:41 PM
...and special teams look better to me. I liked the fact that both punters directionally punted when they were trying to pin...a lost art in today's NFL.

Some touch backs from Prater too, both have made it a little easier for the coverage team.

finally it may help after almost a decade of not being able to do wither without having 5-6 kickers on the roster through the year.. or having to have 3 at any one given time.. frees up a roster spot and I suspect alot of salary cap..

NOW maybe the ST coaching guru we hired last year can possibly get some production out of ST....

G_Money
08-30-2008, 07:45 PM
I think it has to do with the fact, that zone blocking scheme, is being taught in college now. Lichmystinger comes from a team that ran version of it, Boise State runs a true ZBS and I believe CO also runs it with Hawkins.

True, but Eslinger ran it too at Minn, and he's been cut by us and by the Texans now, after being rated as the best center in college. The flaws in his game have not been compensated for by his ZBS background. Just knowing the scheme doesn't mean we got the right guy.

What's nice is that the guys we got had some familiarity with it AND seem to be the right guys. Polumbus really interests me and Lichtensteiger was one of the two centers I desperately wanted in the draft. And Clady looks FAR better than a Foster type thus far.

There are gonna be failures and breakdowns, but I certainly like the odds of those guys sticking around, and I'm glad we didn't expose them to the cut line and risk losing them.

~G

honz
08-30-2008, 08:12 PM
I just remembered that we get to keep an extra guy while Marshall is out for week 1. Who do you guys think will get the boot when Marshall comes back?

My guess would be that we try to sneak Larsen onto the practice squad, although I would probably rather get rid of Green or Winborn.

Lonestar
08-30-2008, 08:19 PM
I just remembered that we get to keep an extra guy while Marshall is out for week 1. Who do you guys think will get the boot when Marshall comes back?

My guess would be that we try to sneak Larsen onto the practice squad, although I would probably rather get rid of Green or Winborn.

I do not think we get to keep an extra according to their wedsite we trimmed down to 53..

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- On Saturday, the Broncos made several moves to get their roster down to 53 players. In addition to waiving 17 players, two players were placed on the reserve/injured list -- Anthony Alridge (left foot) and Cecil Sapp (left quad). Tight end Brett Pierce was placed on the waived/injured list, as well.

The 17 players waived were P.J. Alexander, Josh Barrett, Jordan Beck, Larry Birdine, Paul Carrington, Wale Dada, Mitch Erickson, Dylan Gandy, Darrell Hackney, Steven Harris, Glenn Martinez, Marquay McDaniel, Chad Mustard, Sam Paulescu, Tyrone Poole, Clifford Russell and Vickiel Vaughn.

Of the 17 players, 14 are in at least their second year in the league. Many were with the Broncos last season, including Darrell Hackney, who played all four quarters in the team's final preseason game against Arizona on Friday, and Glenn Martinez, who at times worked his way up the depth chart and looked like he might have a shot at the roster.

The trimmed-down roster answers several questions that were abound during the team's training camp. Waiving Paulescu means rookie Brett Kern will be the team's punter this season, for example.

The team will keep five receivers on the roster, though only four will be active heading into Monday's season opener at Oakland with the one-game suspension of Brandon Marshall. When Marshall is reactivated for Week 2, the team will have to make another roster move to accomodate him.

With Alridge and Sapp on the reserve/injured list and rookie Ryan Torain recovering from elbow surgery, Andre Hall, Michael Pittman and Selvin Young will be the only running backs active in Week 1.

Five cornerbacks made the final roster, along with four safeties and seven linebackers. Ten defensive linemen, nine offensive linemen, four tight ends, two quarterbacks, two fullbacks and a kicker round out the 53.

After players clear the waivers tomorrow, the Broncos can begin establishing a practice squad of up to eight players.

A few more things of note:

- All of the Broncos' 2008 NFL Draft choices made the team, with the exception of seventh-round pick Barrett.

- Three undrafted rookie free agents made the roster -- Kern, Tyler Polumbus and Wesley Woodyard. It marks the first time three undrafted rookies have made the squad under Head Coach Mike Shanahan.

honz
08-30-2008, 08:22 PM
That underlined part says we WILL have to make another roster move to accommodate him. Wouldn't that mean we will have to cut someone to make room for him on the roster?

Yeah, there are 54 guys on the roster right now, I believe...as long as I counted correctly.

WARHORSE
08-30-2008, 08:23 PM
And each of those undrafted rookies earned their spot...................

Lonestar
08-30-2008, 08:32 PM
That underlined part says we WILL have to make another roster move to accommodate him. Wouldn't that mean we will have to cut someone to make room for him on the roster?

Yeah, there are 54 guys on the roster right now, I believe...as long as I counted correctly.

sounds correct ..

And each of those undrafted rookies earned their spot...................

A couple may even be starters before this years is out.. or certainly will be next year.. Once they get some experience under their belts..

NOW I have to add in here..

If our drafts from 1999-2005 would have been more productive and those players taken had of panned out or had we taken other players perhaps this many UDFA would not be seeing roster spots.. SO it is good news bad news..

ktrain
08-30-2008, 09:57 PM
Hackney is a hack. He'll make it to the practice squad because he knows the offense and is well liked by the organization...but he is worse than BVP in my book.

So true. Why I can understand the love for the guy since he made plays all pre-season and Ramsey really struggled, I did not see an NFL calibar QB in Hackney.

The guy is absolutely horrible in the pocket, which is not a good back-up fit for Cutler. If Plummer was still the starting QB, with all his roll-outs and boots, perhaps HACKney makes sense as a back-up, since the playbook would be geared towards making plays on the edge (this is why I thought BVP was a pretty good fit for backing up Plummer). With Cutler's cool and calm pocket presense, this offense will center around play-action and seven step drops, both of which Hackney is way to short to effectively deal with

omac
08-30-2008, 10:47 PM
Was Aldridge really injured enough to be on IR, or was it just a way to keep him, and does that mean he can't play anytime this season?

Lonestar
08-30-2008, 10:49 PM
Was Aldridge really injured enough to be on IR, or was it just a way to keep him, and does that mean he can't play anytime this season?

gone for the year, can't practice or go to team meeting but can rehab at Dove Valley..

omac
08-30-2008, 10:58 PM
gone for the year, can't practice or go to team meeting but can rehab at Dove Valley..

Dang, if the injury's real, I don't get why they continued to play him after the 1st quarter, or at worst the 2nd quarter. He did complain that the Cardinals were intentionaly twisting his ankle after the tackles.

Oh well, at least he can learn the playbook, and probably learn to be better at pass protection, even if he can't practice with the team.

omac
08-30-2008, 11:02 PM
So true. Why I can understand the love for the guy since he made plays all pre-season and Ramsey really struggled, I did not see an NFL calibar QB in Hackney.

The guy is absolutely horrible in the pocket, which is not a good back-up fit for Cutler. If Plummer was still the starting QB, with all his roll-outs and boots, perhaps HACKney makes sense as a back-up, since the playbook would be geared towards making plays on the edge (this is why I thought BVP was a pretty good fit for backing up Plummer). With Cutler's cool and calm pocket presense, this offense will center around play-action and seven step drops, both of which Hackney is way to short to effectively deal with

Though Hackney is a bit impatient in the pocket, the real value for his play is that he rarely makes stupid mistakes; he plays with a lot of composure, and you can't say that for most backups in the league.

If a starting QB goes down, you don't expect the backup to light it up. You expect him to manage the game and make few mistakes to give your team at least a minimal shot at winning the game. Backups who come in and panic and throw interceptions hurt the team. That's where Hackney's value is.

Lonestar
08-30-2008, 11:03 PM
Dang, if the injury's real, I don't get why they continued to play him after the 1st quarter, or at worst the 2nd quarter. He did complain that the Cardinals were intentionally twisting his ankle after the tackles.

Oh well, at least he can learn the playbook, and probably learn to be better at pass protection, even if he can't practice with the team.

Supposedly he can't participate in any team functions or practice at all.. This was put into place to stop top teams from stockpiling players on the IR list.. Like mikey does.. Supposedly the league can call in a player to look at them and their medical records if they think something is not kosher.

They can however rehab and then stay in shape but no drills, practice, team meetings..

Stargazer
08-30-2008, 11:12 PM
NOW I have to add in here..

If our drafts from 1999-2005 would have been more productive and those players taken had of panned out or had we taken other players perhaps this many UDFA would not be seeing roster spots.. SO it is good news bad news..

You can't keep going to past and use the what if scenario to explain Denver's current situation. If your going to go all the way back to 1999, nobody would have any idea how the current roster is as of today. Players from the 1999 draft are in their 30's. Jay Cutler might not be the starting Qb for the Broncos. Brandon Marshall might not have been selected in the 4th round. You just wouldn't know how the current team would resemble if your going to dig into past draft history, especially way back to 1999.

omac
08-30-2008, 11:14 PM
Supposedly he can't participate in any team functions or practice at all.. This was put into place to stop top teams from stockpiling players on the IR list.. Like mikey does.. Supposedly the league can call in a player to look at them and their medical records if they think something is not kosher.

They can however rehab and then stay in shape but no drills, practice, team meetings..

Yeah, NE under Bellichick is notorious for that practice too, but the IR players actually participate in practices. A former NE player's admitted to that. :D

Stargazer
08-30-2008, 11:16 PM
Dang, if the injury's real, I don't get why they continued to play him after the 1st quarter, or at worst the 2nd quarter. He did complain that the Cardinals were intentionaly twisting his ankle after the tackles.

The guy goes for a 100 yards and now suddenly he's gone for the year.:laugh: I can't help it, but it does make you laugh.:D

Stargazer
08-30-2008, 11:17 PM
A former NE player's admitted to that. :D

They're not just recovering from injury the entire year.:cool:

Lonestar
08-30-2008, 11:21 PM
Yeah, NE under Bellichick is notorious for that practice too, but the IR players actually participate in practices. A former NE player's admitted to that. :D

Then they should be fined for it if it is indeed happening..

Now I could be wrong about the no practice thingy but I'm almost 100% sure they are restricted from it.. because o f the stockpiling of talent issue..

Buff
08-30-2008, 11:51 PM
Who do you guys think will be cut once Marshall comes back in week 2? Or, who's the 53rd guy on our roster?

dogfish
08-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Who do you guys think will be cut once Marshall comes back in week 2? Or, who's the 53rd guy on our roster?

judging from the numbers, one of the linebackers would be my guess. . .

dogfish
08-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Though Hackney is a bit impatient in the pocket, the real value for his play is that he rarely makes stupid mistakes; he plays with a lot of composure, and you can't say that for most backups in the league.

If a starting QB goes down, you don't expect the backup to light it up. You expect him to manage the game and make few mistakes to give your team at least a minimal shot at winning the game. Backups who come in and panic and throw interceptions hurt the team. That's where Hackney's value is.

AMEN!!

in four preseason games:

hackney - ZERO turnovers

ramsey - THREE turnovers :tsk: :tsk:

omac
08-31-2008, 12:41 AM
Then they should be fined for it if it is indeed happening..

Now I could be wrong about the no practice thingy but I'm almost 100% sure they are restricted from it.. because o f the stockpiling of talent issue..

No, you're right about the no-practice rule, but as everyone's noticed, Bellichick will bend (translation: break) the rules if he can get away with it. Doesn't take away from the fact that he's still a great coach, and NE is a great team. With cheating, he's pretty old-school; do everything to win.

tomjonesrocks
08-31-2008, 10:02 AM
Think cutting Barrett was a big mistake. Am bummed Alridge won't be contributing this year as well.

lex
08-31-2008, 11:23 AM
Think cutting Barrett was a big mistake. Am bummed Alridge won't be contributing this year as well.

I agree. Our depth at S isnt good enough to cut a player like this.

Italianmobstr7
08-31-2008, 11:50 AM
I agree. Our depth at S isnt good enough to cut a player like this.

He'll probabaly just be added to the practice squad. But I was bummed that he was cut too. I like him, and he's blazing fast.

Magnificent Seven
08-31-2008, 01:31 PM
I am somewhat upset with their decision. I was wondering why did they cut Darrell Hackney? He did a excellent job on the field against the cardinals. Therefore, they have only 2 quarterbacks on the team. Who would be Broncos' 3rd string QB? WHO? What if Cutler and Ramsey are injured? Horrible decision!!!!

yardog
08-31-2008, 01:33 PM
I am somewhat upset with their decision. I was wondering why did they cut Darrell Hackney? He did a excellent job on the field against the cardinals. Therefore, they have only 2 quarterbacks ob team. Who would be Broncos' 3rd string QB? WHO? What if Cutler and Ramsey are injured? Horrible decision!!!!

Practice Squad.

Magnificent Seven
08-31-2008, 01:35 PM
I am somewhat upset with their decision. I was wondering why did they cut Darrell Hackney? He did a excellent job on the field against the cardinals. Therefore, they have only 2 quarterbacks on the team. Who would be Broncos' 3rd string QB? WHO? What if Cutler and Ramsey are injured? Horrible decision!!!!

I hope they are looking for better backup QB and put him on # 2 QB. Move Ramsey down to # 3 QB.

yardog
08-31-2008, 01:37 PM
They will only carry two QB with Hackney on the PS.

Magnificent Seven
08-31-2008, 01:40 PM
I wish they get Mark Brunell or Charles Batch

yardog
08-31-2008, 01:43 PM
We could look at Chris Simms but I'm not sure he's the answer for us.

dogfish
08-31-2008, 03:01 PM
I wish they get Mark Brunell or Charles Batch

charlie batch is out for the year, and i'm not sure brunell is even alive anymore. . . .

Dreadnought
08-31-2008, 04:37 PM
charlie batch is out for the year, and i'm not sure brunell is even alive anymore. . . .

I'm sure he is Dogfish. I think he just got his AARP application too.

elsid13
08-31-2008, 04:38 PM

brunell is with the Saints as a #2 QB. Before this season I was say that Brunell was done, but evidently his arm is healthly and he is able to throw more then 10 yards again.

frauschieze
08-31-2008, 08:47 PM

Game time 3rd string? Mike Leach. :laugh:

I love the guy but man, there was nothing more frightening last year than watching him on the sidelines taking snaps during the Lions game.

Hackney's already on the practice squad, same place he was this time last year. He was only activated after Cutler's injury.