PDA

View Full Version : Predictions on the remainder of the season

BigDaddyBronco
12-07-2010, 03:23 PM
So, how do we finish up the season? Do we win anymore games? Do we get blown out in a few of them? Are we worse off with Studesville calling the shots compared to McDaniels or do we have a resurgence like the Vikings and Cowboys?

GEM
12-07-2010, 03:25 PM
I don't see a resurgence because we still have the same level of talent. I think they have all played up to the best that they could. We are just a team defunct of talent. :( I would hope for a win against AZ, but that's about the only one I see that could be a win.

I don't hope for losses, but I am also not against stacking that high draft pick, to either get a hugely talented Defensive guy or use to garner more picks.

Dreadnought
12-07-2010, 03:27 PM
McDaniels won't lose any more games. Good enough for me.

Juriga72
12-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Win @ Arizona

lose out.........

1-3

LTC Pain
12-07-2010, 03:28 PM
Out of the last four games I just want a win versus the Raiders :(

Juriga72
12-07-2010, 03:29 PM

Me too.... but I saw the Raiders just POUND San Diego WHEN San Diego was playing well.

I might curl up into a fetal ball at kickoff

vandammage13
12-07-2010, 03:30 PM
2-2...Tebow takes 1 of 2 and Orton takes 1 of 2.

Dreadnought

That would be nice. The idea of those jackholes sweeping us is nauseating. I don't think its happened since Wade Phillips

BigDaddyBronco
As much as everyone hates McDaniels, he still did a decent job of game prepping (according to his former players). Does Studesville and the OC (can't remember his name) do a decent job here or do they look completely inept? Does wink blitz more now that he doesn't have to deal with McD?

Would it be telling if we lost the next 4 games by an average of 30 pts/game or if we came out and won a couple of games?

I'm thinking we come out and lose the next 4, and get blown out by the Raiders and Chargers. Maybe not as bad as the first time around, but blown out anyway.

GEM
12-07-2010, 03:31 PM
Everyone keeps clamoring for an identity....well that DE that Fairley (?) that could be a mean sob'in identity. :lol:

LTC Pain
12-07-2010, 03:32 PM
That would be nice. The idea of those jackholes sweeping us is nauseating. I don't think its happened since Wade Phillips

Exactly what I was thinking only "those asswagons" :)

Juriga72
12-07-2010, 03:34 PM
As much as everyone hates McDaniels, he still did a decent job of game prepping (according to his former players). Does Studesville and the OC (can't remember his name) do a decent job here or do they look completely inept? Does wink blitz more now that he doesn't have to deal with McD?

Would it be telling if we lost the next 4 games by an average of 30 pts/game or if we came out and won a couple of games?

I'm thinking we come out and lose the next 4, and get blown out by the Raiders and Chargers. Maybe not as bad as the first time around, but blown out anyway.

With the vets who look like they are done ( Dawk... even gasp Champ).

How hard are these guys going to play for a team that is going no where?
THEY are going to try and just NOT get hurt and go to FA. Guy's are looking at each other in the lockeroom and I bet they all know whats going to happen this offseason.

IMHO it could get FUGLY fast. Not trying to be a downer, just realistic

Buff
12-07-2010, 03:35 PM
2-2, Houston will hand us a game we don't deserve to win. The Cardinals are the worst team in the league.

Just enough wins to slide us to the bottom of the top 10.

Traveler
12-07-2010, 03:38 PM
1-3

BigDaddyBronco
12-07-2010, 03:39 PM
2-2, Houston will hand us a game we don't deserve to win. The Cardinals are the worst team in the league.

Just enough wins to slide us to the bottom of the top 10.
Now there is some solid pessimism! :D

Do just enough to not get the draft pick we need.

Traveler
12-07-2010, 03:40 PM
The Cardinals are the worst team in the league.

Stop! We are the worst team in the league. And we'll lose on Sunday to prove my point.

~partial sarcasm~

BigSarge87
12-07-2010, 03:43 PM
Personally I would be suprised if we don't see a resurgence. I think the McD firing is going to wake everyone up and make them realize they are ALL under the microscope now. I'm sure every single player feels a little refreshed to be out from under McD but extremely motivated knowing they better put together 4 good games or they will be gone.

I think we go 3-1 and lose to the Raiders.

Lancane
12-07-2010, 03:44 PM
Denver wins at Arizona, thanks to an upbeat defense and solid run game, only to fall to Oakland a week later due to horrible quarterback play. Orton is benched against the Texans, Tebow plays well enough...but Denver loses, but not by much. San Diego will be looking to hurt any and everyone, horrid season for them and they usually have our number, Tebow will look like a rookie and we'll lose by about two scores, maybe three.

frauschieze
12-07-2010, 03:47 PM
I am most curious to see what happens with our defensive scheme. I really don't know what to expect now that Josh doesn't have the reins.

shank
12-07-2010, 03:53 PM
the other teams are going to have to offer their player's free grief counseling.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2010, 04:17 PM
2-2. We beat AZ and Houston and lose to Oak and SD.

Nomad
12-07-2010, 04:19 PM
4-0 and Studesville keeps his job!:lol:

camdisco24
12-07-2010, 04:22 PM
3-1, we only lose to SD.
I don't think any of our players have forgot about the OAK game at home... they'll be looking to return the favor no matter who the coach is.

BigSarge87
12-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Fine, as long as we're flinging shit against the wall here...

I think KC loses to SD this week and then the wheels come off against the Rams next week and they finish 1-3 only beating the Titans (Fisher is done in Tenn).

SD goes on one last run and wins three straight with just Denver left. In week 17, SD needs to beat Denver to have a chance to win the Division and of course, they choke. Denver plays the last game of the season like it's the Superbowl and finishes on a positive note.

However, KC loses to the Raiders (who finish 8-8) and the third tiebreaker (record among common games) gives the Chargers the Division yet again.

Let it be said, let it be done. I'm bored at work.

Nomad
12-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Fine, as long as we're flinging shit against the wall here...

I think KC loses to SD this week and then the wheels come off against the Rams next week and they finish 1-3 only beating the Titans (Fisher is done in Tenn).

SD goes on one last run and wins three straight with just Denver left. In week 17, SD needs to beat Denver to have a chance to win the Division and of course, they choke. Denver plays the last game of the season like it's the Superbowl and finishes on a positive note.

However, KC loses to the Raiders (who finish 8-8) and the third tiebreaker (record among common games) gives the Chargers the Division yet again.

Let it be said, let it be done. I'm bored at work.

I don't know all the details or if would work out like this, but that would be some entertaining stuff there!!

BigSarge87
12-07-2010, 05:16 PM
I don't know all the details or if would work out like this, but that would be some entertaining stuff there!!

It's possible. I've been playing with the numbers for two hours! :coffee:

Nomad
12-07-2010, 05:20 PM
It's possible. I've been playing with the numbers for two hours! :coffee:

I do not doubt you, keep earning that paycheck!!:D

underrated29
12-07-2010, 05:55 PM
last year i was spot on predicting our wins and losses. This year I have been completely wrong. So............

I think we lose out!!! We lose all the rest of our games this season. Lose out Big time!!!!

:wink:

Day1BroncoFan
12-07-2010, 06:02 PM
I predict the remainder of our season will not suck any worse than it has up to now.

T.K.O.
12-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I predict the remainder of our season will not suck any worse than it has up to now.

i was gonna go with "pure awesomeness" but ...this covers it

claymore
12-07-2010, 06:29 PM
This is an interview for alot of ours staff. Im excited to see what McCoy does, and Im silentley rooting for Studsville (even though I thought he was a bad RB coach). Hopefully he can become a Raheem morris type or something. (someone I thought was a mediocre position coach turned good HC).

dogfish
12-07-2010, 06:51 PM
i predict that even if we lose all four, none of them will be as bad as 59-14 at home to the raiders. . .

:coffee:

BroncoBJ
12-07-2010, 08:00 PM
If we go 2-2, those 2 wins better be against the Chargers and Raiders. :fight: Or else Studesville is a failure.

T.K.O.
12-07-2010, 08:07 PM
here's a hack job from wikipedia that i copied

Eric Studesville
Date of birth May 29, 1967 (age 43)
Place of birth Madison, Wisconsin
Position(s) Interim Head Coach
College University of Wisconsin–Whitewater
Team(s) as a coach/administrator

1992–1993

1995–1996

1997–2000

2001–2003

2004–2008

2010–Present University of Arizona
(Graduate Assistant)
University of North Carolina
(Video Assistant)
Wingate University
(Secondary Coach)
Kent State
(Secondary Coach)
Chicago Bears
(Offensive Quality Control Coach)
New York Giants
(Running Backs Coach)
Buffalo Bills
(Running Backs Coach)
Buffalo Bills
(Running Game Coordinator)
Denver Broncos
(Running Backs Coach)
Denver Broncos
(Interim Head Coach)
Eric Studesville is an American football coach. In December 2010, Studesville became the interim head coach of the Denver Broncos of the National Football League. He replaced Josh McDaniels after 12 games in the 2010 NFL Season. He is the first African American head coach in Broncos history.[1]

[edit] College career
Studesville played defensive back at the University of Wisconsin–Whitewater[2].

[edit] Coaching career
Studesville began his NFL coaching career working for the Chicago Bears in the year 1997 handing their offensive quality control duties.

[edit] 2001–03
In 2001, he was hired as the New York Giants running backs coach. There, he guided running back Tiki Barber to two consecutive 1,000 yard rushing seasons and paved the way for Barber to become one of the best offensive weapons for the Giants in the coming years. In 2002, Barber recorded 1,387 rushing yards which was not only a career high for the running back, but the second-most total in Giants franchise history.

[edit] 2004–09
He left the Giants in 2004 and joined the Buffalo Bills as their running backs coach. In his first year, he helped 2003 first-round draft choice Willis McGahee to reach 1,000 yards rushing. The following year in 2005, McGahee again rushed for over 1,000 yards. In 2006, McGahee fell 10 yards short of his third consecutive 1,000 yard season as he finished the year with 990 rushing yards.

In 2007, the Bills selected running back Marshawn Lynch with the 12th overall pick. Studesville guided Lynch to a total of 1,115 rushing yards, making Lynch the fifth rookie in team history to reach the 1,000 yard milestone.

Studesville was promoted to running backs coordinator in 2008. That year, he helped Lynch earn a Pro Bowl selection with his second consecutive 1,000 yard rushing year, rushing for 1,036 yards. The following year, however, an injury to Lynch opened the door to undrafted running back Fred Jackson who rushed for 1,082 total yards[3].

[edit] 2009–present
In January of 2010, Studesville was hired by the Broncos as the running backs coach. By week 13 of the 2010 season, starting running back Knowshon Moreno had rushed for 633 yards and 4 total touchdowns for a 4.3 yards-per-carry average, including rushing for a career high 161 yards that week in a loss against the Kansas City Chiefs[4].

On December 6, 2010, then-Broncos head coach Josh McDaniels was fired by owner Pat Bowlen and Studesville was promoted to interim head coach in his place.

Dzone
12-07-2010, 08:13 PM
Studesville couldnt coach Maroney to stop dancing...Hmmmm...I mean, could anyone have been worse than Maroney?

CrazyHorse
12-07-2010, 08:34 PM
Here's to 4-0 and finishing 7-9! That would be awesome. If you care more about draft position than winning how much of a fan are you?

Magnificent Seven
12-08-2010, 12:30 AM
Coach Studesville might surprise us. Who Knows?