PDA

View Full Version : Just shows how much we lost in two years

Northman
12-07-2010, 02:30 PM
As we know, when McD took the Denver job it was one of the best one's on the market because it had a lot of pieces in place already compared to other organizations. And with the rumor about Calhoun maybe being sought after i just read this tweet from Vic Lombardi. It sounds like even if Denver was pursuing Calhoun that he might not be interested anyway. That is Fing sad folks. This place used to be like a dream come true.

Wow. If Calhoun really is playing hard to get with the Broncos, what does that say about the job?

JaxBroncoGirl
12-07-2010, 02:33 PM
Do you blame any prospect for HC for not wanting this McD leftover mess? Seriously, would you?

I would not, it is too much of a mess and should not have allowed to go this far. McD seemed too immature for the position and brought this team down. Now the owner looks like an idiot.

Juriga72
12-07-2010, 03:00 PM
Lets see....
One of the oldest secondaries in the NFL-check
One of the worst running teams- Check
A d-line that struggles to even touch a qb- check

Yup... "Plum Job" written all over it

underrated29
12-07-2010, 03:04 PM
or

oline in place- yes
RB in place- yes
WR in place- Yes
Qb and future at QB- yes
TE- nope

Dline- nope
LB--ok
CB- maybe depends on champ
S- yes---edit--Meant a big NO!!

So I look at it like we are exactly back to where we were when we fired shanny. Offense is more or less in place and Defense needs a full facelift.

Northman
12-07-2010, 03:16 PM
So I look at it like we are exactly back to where we were when we fired shanny. Offense is more or less in place and Defense needs a full facelift.

Nah, i wouldnt go that far.

Although we have a young QB on the bench with potential he isnt proven. Orton has done well but has his own limitations ala Plummer only not near as bad.

Our receiving core stepped up but there are no real playmakers and most of them succeeded this year because of the particular system that McD had in place. If Lloyd can still be a factor next year than we could probably say that. Same with Thomas, has potential but is nowhere near Marshall level as of yet.

Rushing? Moreno had a couple of good games but for the most part the rushing game has abysmal and not reliable.

The Oline is young but what system will they have to use next year? When McD came in he had a QB, WR, Oline, and a good FB/RB in Hillis. To add to it they all had chemistry together under the same coach.

underrated29
12-07-2010, 03:20 PM
Nah, i wouldnt go that far.

Although we have a young QB on the bench with potential he isnt proven. Orton has done well but has his own limitations ala Plummer only not near as bad.

Our receiving core stepped up but there are no real playmakers and most of them succeeded this year because of the particular system that McD had in place. If Lloyd can still be a factor next year than we could probably say that. Same with Thomas, has potential but is nowhere near Marshall level as of yet.

Rushing? Moreno had a couple of good games but for the most part the rushing game has abysmal and not reliable.

The Oline is young but what system will they have to use next year? When McD came in he had a QB, WR, Oline, and a good FB/RB in Hillis. To add to it they all had chemistry together under the same coach.

1- I was responding to that guy who said we have nothing and a crap team.

2- I was more comparing the situations, not the talent. (Have an offense, but its the defense that needs all the work) Because I agree with you there.

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 03:24 PM
or

oline in place- yes
RB in place- yes
WR in place- Yes
Qb and future at QB- yes
TE- nope

Dline- nope
LB--ok
S- yes

If we were back to where we were before Shanahan left we wouldn't be 3-9 and looking at the prospect of a top five pick.

Juriga72
12-07-2010, 03:26 PM
Well,
I would have to say that with 3 more years of wear and tear on the entire team. Its not better now.

We will be getting our 3rd different offense, 3rd D- coord, IMHO- Orton is gone, AT best Tebow will have 2-3 starts.

THIS is a huge hole to start off in, AND... thinking of the draft choices we do not have spent on players that are not here... yes, I am not hopeful for a full recovery starting next year.

After Shanny was fired 30 players were cut who did not make another NFL team, yet THEY seemed to go 8-8.

I just feel that what McDummy left two years later are not favorable to compare with the 2008 team.

BigDaddyBronco
12-07-2010, 03:26 PM
or

oline in place- yes
RB in place- yes
WR in place- Yes
Qb and future at QB- yes
TE- nope

Dline- nope
LB--ok
S- yes

Uh, I think S - nope. Dawkins looks done, Hill is mediocre and McBath hasn't shown much.

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 03:27 PM
1- I was responding to that guy who said we have nothing and a crap team.

2- I was more comparing the situations, not the talent. (Have an offense, but its the defense that needs all the work) Because I agree with you there.

Either way I don'tsee us being anywhere near where were before Shanahan left. Not even close. If we were we wouldn't be 3-9.

BigDaddyBronco
12-07-2010, 03:34 PM
Either way I don'tsee us being anywhere near where were before Shanahan left. Not even close. If we were wouldn't be 3-9.
Yea, we have a bunch of guys who fit a system in some of our WR's and Orton, a young OLine, not much at TE, a decent RB.

Our defense is in a little bit better shape. Other than the putrid DLine and the safeties, we aren't too bad.

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 03:46 PM
Yea, we have a bunch of guys who fit a system in some of our WR's and Orton, a young OLine, not much at TE, a decent RB.

Our defense is in a little bit better shape. Other than the putrid DLine and the safeties, we aren't too bad.

We're long in the tooth at cornerback. Overall we have a very old defense.

underrated29
12-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Uh, I think S - nope. Dawkins looks done, Hill is mediocre and McBath hasn't shown much.

whooops. meant to put NO! In a big way...notice in my sig i have us taking a S with our 2nd..

muse
12-07-2010, 07:26 PM
Shameless self promotion, but it took me a couple of hours to write and I want recognition, dammit. :lol:

Roster Breakdown Part II (O)
(http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/12/7/1861736/how-much-of-a-rebuilding-job-breaking-down-the-roster-o)
Roster Breakdown Part II (D) (http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/12/7/1862544/how-much-of-a-rebuilding-job-breaking-down-the-roster-d)

BroncoBJ
12-07-2010, 07:39 PM
Or maybe he just likes it at Air Force. Though I'm a bit strange. Honestly, if I was going to be a head coach, I would love to go to a team that is terrible or struggling. I would love to become the Lions head coach and see if I could finally turn thier whole organazation around. IMO it'd be more fun then being a Jim Caldwell and taking over a team with Manning as a QB. I'd like a challenge. Thats just how I am though.

spikerman
12-07-2010, 08:01 PM
Do you blame any prospect for HC for not wanting this McD leftover mess? Seriously, would you?

I would not, it is too much of a mess and should not have allowed to go this far. McD seemed too immature for the position and brought this team down. Now the owner looks like an idiot.

If I was young and just starting out this would be exactly the kind of team I would want to take over. Not much is expected and it won't be hard to improve on the last guy's record. It's a quick way to make a name for yourself.

BeefStew25
12-07-2010, 08:07 PM
Calhoun turned down interviews at CU, Tenn, etc. I think he is a dude that actually likes where he is.

Besides, don't we have a GM to hire first?

sneakers
12-07-2010, 08:09 PM
As we know, when McD took the Denver job it was one of the best one's on the market because it had a lot of pieces in place already compared to other organizations. And with the rumor about Calhoun maybe being sought after i just read this tweet from Vic Lombardi. It sounds like even if Denver was pursuing Calhoun that he might not be interested anyway. That is Fing sad folks. This place used to be like a dream come true.

The economy also collapsed shortly after he was hired too....coincidence???

I Eat Staples
12-07-2010, 09:50 PM
Or maybe he just likes it at Air Force. Though I'm a bit strange. Honestly, if I was going to be a head coach, I would love to go to a team that is terrible or struggling. I would love to become the Lions head coach and see if I could finally turn thier whole organazation around. IMO it'd be more fun then being a Jim Caldwell and taking over a team with Manning as a QB. I'd like a challenge. Thats just how I am though.

I'm with you there. I think its from years of playing Madden though. :lol:

Anyway, I hope we get a good group in here that will utilize that top 5 pick properly.

scott.475
12-07-2010, 10:09 PM
It is mind boggling, and I mean that seriously, truly mind boggling the destruction one man has brought to this team.

Jaws
12-08-2010, 03:54 AM
Shameless self promotion, but it took me a couple of hours to write and I want recognition, dammit. :lol:

(http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/12/7/1861736/how-much-of-a-rebuilding-job-breaking-down-the-roster-o)
Roster Breakdown Part II (D) (http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/12/7/1862544/how-much-of-a-rebuilding-job-breaking-down-the-roster-d)

Good job Muse :beer:

Dirk
12-08-2010, 07:19 AM

You should get some recognition! :salute:

Very nice job and an honest non-emotional assessment. I disagree on a couple of items but hey, that's how it always is. Nice job!

Northman
12-08-2010, 08:41 AM
You should get some recognition! :salute:

Very nice job and an honest non-emotional assessment. I disagree on a couple of items but hey, that's how it always is. Nice job!

Thats how i feel too but good job Muse.