arapaho2
12-07-2010, 01:20 PM
according to the new interim HC interview

the guy does sound like a solid man ...excited to see the results

also mccoy will call offense

http://www.denverbroncos.com/

Northman
12-07-2010, 01:20 PM
Still think we should go with Tebow but maybe this guy is trying to play for a job.

GEM
12-07-2010, 01:24 PM
I've heard around that Orton will start the AZ game. Tebow will most likely come in 2nd half and then start the HOU game the day after Christmas. It was on the radio this morning, but I'm just guessing that is just what the commentator thinks will happen. :shrugs:

In the end, I hope that Tebow is allowed to get on the field so that at least we can see what he is capable of. Orton has to know that this could happen.

Dreadnought
12-07-2010, 01:25 PM
Still think we should go with Tebow but maybe this guy is trying to play for a job.

It would be unfair to Tebow I think to get thrown in like this without proper preparation and on the heels of high drama. I want to see him soon, but not set up to fail

LordTrychon

Yeah... coaches may be playing for a job... as well as other players.

If they do want to get a good feel for Tebow, they will start him at home, if at all.

Or maybe they'll just work him in when we're blowing people out in the 4th. :D

BroncoWave
As long as Tebow at least gets a few more snaps against AZ I will be happy. No reason he shouldn't start against Houston though.

BroncoBJ
12-07-2010, 01:26 PM
I've heard around that Orton will start the AZ game. Tebow will most likely come in 2nd half and then start the HOU game the day after Christmas. It was on the radio this morning, but I'm just guessing that is just what the commentator thinks will happen. :shrugs:

In the end, I hope that Tebow is allowed to get on the field so that at least we can see what he is capable of. Orton has to know that this could happen.

What about the Raiders game? If Tebow comes in the 2nd half of this weeks game, I doubt he wont start vs Oak just to start vs Houston.

Kinda wish this week was a home game to see what would happen. But if we win our next 2 with Orton, I doubt Tebow is going to start vs Houston.

T.K.O.
12-07-2010, 01:26 PM
it's going to be tough enough to execute a gameplan with all the changes.
i think starting orton is a smart move "this week".
throwing a qb change on top of the coaching changes and the fact that the team really has little to play for would be a recipe for disaster.
letting tebow prepare for starting at home in 2 weeks makes more sense at this point.:salute:

CoachChaz
12-07-2010, 01:29 PM
Expect it to be simple and run oriented...even more reason to use Tebow

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 01:33 PM

I hope they're right.

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 01:36 PM
What about the Raiders game? If Tebow comes in the 2nd half of this weeks game, I doubt he wont start vs Oak just to start vs Houston.

Kinda wish this week was a home game to see what would happen. But if we win our next 2 with Orton, I doubt Tebow is going to start vs Houston.

It might be better for Tebow to get his feet wet while on the road. There is actually a little less pressure.

dogfish
12-07-2010, 01:37 PM
fire studesville!

G_Money
12-07-2010, 01:37 PM
The Cardinals can't stop anybody. If we stop ourselves with Orton at the helm, then I expect to see Tebow.

I don't expect it to be a preseason-type thing where Orton plays a half and Tebow plays a half, but I guess anything's possible.

I do hope to see him at some point. He's gotta get reps. And I hope when he does get reps that he can throw the damn ball. It's not like he doesn't have an arm.

Let the kid use it. We need to see him as a QB, not as an H-back.

~G

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 01:40 PM
it's going to be tough enough to execute a gameplan with all the changes.
i think starting orton is a smart move "this week".
throwing a qb change on top of the coaching changes and the fact that the team really has little to play for would be a recipe for disaster.
letting tebow prepare for starting at home in 2 weeks makes more sense at this point.:salute:

If Tebow starts they'll keep it simple with a very heavy dose of running the ball. If our running game is truely improving this would be a good test for them.

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 01:42 PM
fire studesville!

:lol:

BroncoBJ
12-07-2010, 01:43 PM
It might be better for Tebow to get his feet wet while on the road. There is actually a little less pressure.

I sort of agree with that. But if thats the case, do it now. Don't wait til he has to go to a hostile place like Oakland. They might say some mean things to him :fight:

BroncoWave
12-07-2010, 01:45 PM
I sort of agree with that. But if thats the case, do it now. Don't wait til he has to go to a hostile place like Oakland. They might say some mean things to him :fight:

It can't be any nastier that the kind of stuff he heard at LSU or Tennessee. SEC stadiums are WAY nastier places than NFL stadiums in terms of how fans treat opposing players.

arapaho2
12-07-2010, 01:46 PM
i thnk its important for the team to win this game...to right the ship for the morale and justifacation of the fireing, although none was needed...and so we start orton

then after we start tebow...after we establish we can win without mcd..we play for the future and see what tebow is

then that also gets us a little more time easing tim into more snaps and to take a week or to to develope a game plan with tebow

BroncoBJ
12-07-2010, 01:48 PM
It can't be any nastier that the kind of stuff he heard at LSU or Tennessee. SEC stadiums are WAY nastier places than NFL stadiums in terms of how fans treat opposing players.

:lol: You are true about that. SEC is pretty nasty. But Tebow cant handle the NFL. Not just playing in the NFL. He cant handle NFL fans either.

Or so I've heard. :coffee:

Dirk
12-07-2010, 01:48 PM
Expect it to be simple and run oriented...even more reason to use Tebow

:shocked:

Long time no see! :salute:

BroncoNut
12-07-2010, 01:50 PM
fire studesville!

LOL. hey dog. post a pic, I haven't seen you in awhile and was just trying to remember what you looked like while I took th nap that I just woke up from.

Seriously, I was.

getting back to topic, who cares. it would be interesting to drive the new car, I suppose, but who are Dread and TXbronc or whoever else, to say what's good and what's not? I mean seriously. WTF do they know that the bronco brass doesn't?

T.K.O.
12-07-2010, 02:12 PM
Can somebody start the "FIRE STUDESVILLE" thread ?
i want to get a jump on all the cool nicknames....you know.
"Dudsville"
"Pudsville"
"stoogeville"
etc....:D

BroncoBJ
12-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Can somebody start the "FIRE STUDESVILLE" thread ?
i want to get a jump on all the cool nicknames....you know.
"Dudsville"
"Pudsville"
"stoogeville"
etc....:D

You're a day late. That thread was started yesterday I believe. :salute:

Juriga72
12-07-2010, 02:18 PM
Pat MUST have Kyle on his fantasy football team

Dzone
12-07-2010, 02:31 PM
Studesville sounded pretty good. I only heard it on the radio, would like to see a video of his press conference...He sounded extremely confident, which was cool. He probably used the word "opportunity" about 50 times

Juriga72
12-07-2010, 02:40 PM
Studesville sounded pretty good. I only heard it on the radio, would like to see a video of his press conference...He sounded extremely confident, which was cool. He probably used the word "opportunity" about 50 times

Think of the cluster-chuck that had to happen JUST he could get this "Opportunity"......

Dzone
12-07-2010, 02:49 PM
Ortons arm against KC looked like Johnny Unitas as a Charger...dead...I mean, was it that windy at KC? His worst game ever.

Tned
12-07-2010, 02:50 PM

On Sunday Andrew Mason responded to one of my Tweets, and he was suggesting that a home game against a non-dominant defense would be a good start for Tebow, which would be Houston.

tomjonesrocks
12-07-2010, 04:25 PM
Am disappointed to hear it.

Why should I care about these temporary coaches trying to showcase themselves for future jobs?

Winning means nothing right now and that's not usually the case. The Broncos need to see as much of Tebow as possible so they know if he's got any hope of actually being a starter here. I would say preparation doesn't even matter. With this situation no one expects much. Just show some flashes, some potential.

If not the team needs to trade Orton and draft another QB.

frauschieze
12-07-2010, 04:29 PM

If he didn't smack his lips, it's already an improvement. :drinking:

arapaho2
12-07-2010, 04:48 PM
If he didn't smack his lips, it's already an improvement. :drinking:

he at least looked at the guys...he didnt advert his eyes in a suspicious way as did mcd

Dzone
12-07-2010, 05:11 PM
ya that Mcdaniels nervous habit of pressing his lips together was annoying. It was also weak looking when he chewed his fingernails on the sidelines.

BroncoStud
12-07-2010, 05:19 PM
The Cardinals can't stop anybody. If we stop ourselves with Orton at the helm, then I expect to see Tebow.

I don't expect it to be a preseason-type thing where Orton plays a half and Tebow plays a half, but I guess anything's possible.

I do hope to see him at some point. He's gotta get reps. And I hope when he does get reps that he can throw the damn ball. It's not like he doesn't have an arm.

Let the kid use it. We need to see him as a QB, not as an H-back.

~G

These coaches don't care if Tebow gets evaluated or not, most of them or all of them will be gone next year. Starting Orton makes NO sense. Arizona is horrible, starting a rookie QB themselves, and if there is a focus on the run then there is NO reason Tebow wouldn't be more effective than Orton running bootleg and rollout passing.

This just smells of an interim coach thinking he has a shot in hell of winning the gig full-time.

Elevation inc
12-07-2010, 06:28 PM
hey the silver lining in all of this is with a rb coach as the HC the power run game will probally jump in priority ahead of the 3 WR set throw it and heave it and hope lloyd can circus catch it......lol

moreno ought to catch fire the next 4 weeks....we see what he can do when he gets 20 carries a game...if i was studesville I would try and power the run game with moreno and spell him with ball for a few and use as much playaction as possible to close the season out....pounding moreno will just open things a bit more for the Wr's....at least Mccoy is a solid coach..he could be a good playcaller....

Jagsbch
12-07-2010, 07:29 PM
Orton will start vrs AZ.

:D:D

chazoe60
12-07-2010, 07:35 PM
This was to be expected. An interim HC on his first day of the job can not announce as his first action that he is benching the veteran QB and starting one of the most polarizing rookies in NFL history.

McD could have done it easily with a statement such as "We're going to use these last four games to get the young guys some real game experience. This is not in any way an indictment on the play of Orton, he has been phenomenal for us. This is about having a more competitive camp , therefore making the team better overall going into the future." Thus saving as much of bOReTON's trade value as possible.

Also, if he would have come out and started Tebow right away it would have been very obvious that McD deciding not to start Tebow was a factor in letting him go, which also would have painted Studesville as nothing but the front office's puppet. Which would have been very unfair to him.

Just my feelings on the matter.
Also any

spikerman
12-07-2010, 07:46 PM
"Our expectation will be excellence. Our expectation will be effort." Outstanding quotes. I like him. I hope he's on the next staff.

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 11:28 PM
"Our expectation will be excellence. Our expectation will be effort." Outstanding quotes. I like him. I hope he's on the next staff.

I don't know, Nevcraw already has a fire Studesville thread up I guess there's nothing like being prepared. :shocked:

BCJ
12-08-2010, 01:24 AM
No way an int. head coach puts in a rookie to start that has one pass all year long. Keep Orton in and bring Tebow around slowly in each game.

Dirk
12-08-2010, 08:20 AM
Now that the "shock and awe" of the firing of McD has settled in my head. I have thought about the rest of the season a little more clearly.

I am OK starting Orton against AZ but only starting. Orton has to know that his time in Denver as the starter is coming to an end. Either because of Tebow or another QB.

If I was in a position in the FO I would tell Studs that he HAS to play Tebow significantly in the remaining 4 games. This way a sound evaluation can be done at least in real time game situations.

If it is determined that Tebow is NOT going to be the future, then (hopefully) the GM will let the next HC know, that they need to do whatever it takes to get Luck in the upcoming draft if there is even going to be one. That way the team will have the QB for the future to build the team around.

My biggest fear is that they will foresee Orton as the starting QB for next year and possibly beyond. I am a big supporter of Orton as you all know, but I know he isn't the answer.

TXBRONC
12-08-2010, 09:07 AM
Now that the "shock and awe" of the firing of McD has settled in my head. I have thought about the rest of the season a little more clearly.

I am OK starting Orton against AZ but only starting. Orton has to know that his time in Denver as the starter is coming to an end. Either because of Tebow or another QB.

If I was in a position in the FO I would tell Studs that he HAS to play Tebow significantly in the remaining 4 games. This way a sound evaluation can be done at least in real time game situations.

If it is determined that Tebow is NOT going to be the future, then (hopefully) the GM will let the next HC know, that they need to do whatever it takes to get Luck in the upcoming draft if there is even going to be one. That way the team will have the QB for the future to build the team around.

My biggest fear is that they will foresee Orton as the starting QB for next year and possibly beyond. I am a big supporter of Orton as you all know, but I know he isn't the answer.

Hopefully the new head coach wont get caught in the gaudy stats without breaking them down. I think he does that I think he'll have to think long and about just quarterback he has in Kyle Orton.

It wouldn't surprise me in the least if Orton does stick around for next that will be it and at the end of the we'll more than likely something to the effect "Orton is good quarterback we thank him for his service but we have decided that in the best interest of the team and Kyle we going in a different direction."

TXBRONC
12-08-2010, 09:25 AM
No way an int. head coach puts in a rookie to start that has one pass all year long. Keep Orton in and bring Tebow around slowly in each game.

While some who think (I respect their opinioin) that Orton is really good maybe even quaterback Studesville didn't slam the door on Tebow playing nor did he slam the door on him actually before the season is out. He's named Orton as the starter but here what else Studesville said yesterday:

Analysis: Don't expect to see Tebow starting
By Jeff Legwold
The Denver Post

Posted: 12/08/2010 01:00:00 AM MST

When asked Tuesday about playing Tebow more down the stretch, Studesville said: "We're going to evaluate everything with all of our players — not just Tim. Tim is an integral part of our team and has been a productive part this season for us. If there is a place for any player on the team where we feel like he gives us the best chance to be successful this weekend in Arizona, then we are going to utilize that, whatever that is. We are just going to evaluate every player and every situation as we go forward."

Read more: Analysis: Don't expect to see Tebow starting - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16802182#ixzz17Wv7rjPm
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Those that may think that McDaniels and now Studesville believe that Tebow is complete waste are overreacting at this point. But what has been said to this point doesn't make clear that Tebow is blown first round pick in waiting.