PDA

View Full Version : McDaniels told he’d get contract buyout info Tuesday

T.K.O.
12-07-2010, 12:41 PM
McDaniels told he’d get contract buyout info Tuesday
Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on December 7, 2010, 10:45 AM EST
Unlike Brad Childress, deposed Broncos coach Josh McDaniels won’t go into hiding following getting fired.
McDaniels told Mike Klis of the Denver Post on Monday night the Broncos didn’t mention anything about firing him “for cause.” In fact, McDaniels was told he would receive the contractual buyout details through his agent Tuesday.
An ESPN report Monday night indicated that the Broncos could try to fire McDaniels for cause and withhold his money. Florio has pointed that could be difficult after COO Joe Ellis said McDaniels’ part in “Spygate II” was not a fireable offense.

the rest of the article at.....http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/07/mcdaniels-told-hed-get-contract-buyout-tuesday/

7.6 mil to former hc's next year might hurt our chances of landing a "big name coach"

Ravage!!!
12-07-2010, 12:43 PM
I don't think it will. He was willing to pay Shanahan alone 7.5. This isn't any different.

But I agree, the Ellis comment will probably keep us from being able to fire him "for cause." That would have been a smart direction to go, but Ellis isn't on the ball..... again.

Dzone
12-07-2010, 12:59 PM
why should 7.6$million be a big deal. We threw $3.7 million guaranteed at Jarvis green..we are paying Orton $9 to hold the clipboard for Tebow next year...We threw another $50million on a part time linebacker

T.K.O.
12-07-2010, 01:02 PM
i agree it's not a big deal but some do.....just saying.
none of knows what pat is thinking right now.

broncofaninfla
12-07-2010, 01:05 PM
This kid got paid good money to blow this team up, pathetic.....