PDA

View Full Version : Experience and winning record...

DonnaSue
12-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Here's an idea... I live in Nashville now, but consider Denver home (it's where I grew up) and have always been a rabid Broncos fan. Watching the Titans here in Nashville is second-rate, at best. BUT the head coach - Jeff Fisher - is awesome! He's a great coach and doesn't take crap off his players. Right now he appears to be really unhappy being here, with there being pressure from Bud Adams to keep Vince Young on as first-string quarterback, even though he's proven himself to be whiny and tempermental, at best. Not exactly an inspirational team leader...

I know there's something to be said for young blood, but at the prices these guys cost, you almost can't afford to take the chance! I think that Pat Bowlen should bring in a proven coach like Fisher. I think it would be good for Denver and, of course, being a Broncos fan AND a Fisher fan, I'd be a VERY HAPPY CAMPER!

Juriga72
12-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Owner LOVES Young
Owner likes Fisher

Fisher has benched Young twice in three years

Fisher just about to tell Adams to shove it.

Fisher- about to need a job!!!!!!

Ravage!!!
12-07-2010, 11:35 AM
I'd love FIsher.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2010, 11:36 AM
I'm not against Fisher but after 15 years and not much to show for it, I'm leery of a guy that might just be burned out.

vandammage13
12-07-2010, 11:40 AM
Fisher would be a great fit and I'd be ecstatic if we got him, but I'd rather have Gruden.

MadMax
12-07-2010, 11:41 AM
I like Fisher, but he's kind of like Shanahan 2.0. He stays competitive but hasn't done much in the post season. I would rather risk it on a lesser known candidate who has the potential to be great.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2010, 11:59 AM
I like Fisher, but he's kind of like Shanahan 2.0. He stays competitive but hasn't done much in the post season. I would rather risk it on a lesser known candidate who has the potential to be great.

Whereas, I'd rather have a guy who has been great and knows exactly what it takes to get there.

MadMax
12-07-2010, 01:35 PM
Whereas, I'd rather have a guy who has been great and knows exactly what it takes to get there.

I disagree, the thing about "great" coaches is that there's a strong chance they've already peaked, I found this on Answers.com (http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_coaches_have_won_Super_Bowls_with_two_differe nt_teams#ixzz17S5e2FBA):

Through Super Bowl XLIV, as far as head coaches are concerned, no head coach has won Super Bowls with different teams. Five head coaches have coached two different teams into the Super Bowl but neither won with two different teams.

If you want to win it all you have to take a chance on a sleeper(Belicheck, Payton, Tomlinson), or be in the right place at the right time to hire an up and comer.

silkamilkamonico
12-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Not sure if I'd want Fischer. He seems to ahve a problem with the QB position, and he coaches his players to play dirty, but they do always play hard.

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm not against Fisher but after 15 years and not much to show for it, I'm leery of a guy that might just be burned out.

When Fisher's name popped up a week or so ago I thought he might not be a bad choice then when someone pointed he coaching record is that good and after having looked at yeah a leery of the guy as well.

Juriga72
12-07-2010, 03:05 PM
Not sure if I'd want Fischer. He seems to ahve a problem with the QB position, and he coaches his players to play dirty, but they do always play hard.

He had no problem with McNair. Of course McNair never quit on his team like Young did.

Heck, he even got Kerry Collins to play well when he sat down Young the first time.

silkamilkamonico
12-07-2010, 03:18 PM
He had no problem with McNair. Of course McNair never quit on his team like Young did.

Heck, he even got Kerry Collins to play well when he sat down Young the first time.

17 seasons as a head coach, only 6 of them he was above .500.
6 post season appearances, that's it.
In those 17 seasons, he has only 3 seasons in which he won a playoff game.

No thanks.