PDA

View Full Version : Sign the Petition to Make Jon Gruden the Next Coach of the Broncos

Jon_Gruden 4 HC
12-07-2010, 10:58 AM
Hello Everyone,

With the recent firing of Josh McDaniels as the Broncos Head Coach, discussion has now shifted to who will be the next coach of our beloved Denver Broncos. The objective of this position is to help ensure that Jon Gruden lands the job as Denver’s next great coach. Jon Gruden has a career winning record of 95-81 and has served as the head coach of the Oakland Raiders and Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He has made a trip to the Super Bowl as is regarded as one of the best coaches in the business today.

My Concern as a Broncos fan stems with finding a coach with experience, character and a track record of winning. Jon Gruden fits with all three of these main ideas. He is a proven veteran coach with strong principals, philosophies and concepts which make him an ideal fit with the Broncos. Perhaps the biggest reason why I feel Gruden is the essential choice to be the next coach of the Broncos is because of his relationship with Tim Tebow. Not many coaches and analysts gave Tebow much of a chance of becoming a great NFL QB in the future but not Gruden. Gruden was a big believer In Tebow and gave many signs to why he believed Tebow would become a great QB in this future. Please take the time to read this article (below) that Gruden wrote for ESPN on Tebow.

Please do the right thing and sign this petition to ensure Denver gets the coach it deserves, there is only one choice for Denver in 2011 and that is John Gruden.

http://www.petitiononline.com/DenverHC/petition.html

I think Tebow is going to be a tremendous pro. He must continue to work on some of his mechanics, and he might not be a starter right away, but in a very short period of time he's going to be an excellent NFL player.
The thing that most impressed me was when I talked to him about working on his mechanics, and then he went out to the field and worked them out. That's the area where I saw the most progress.

He told me he was going to shorten his stroke, widen his base a little bit, try to eliminate some wasted motion and I saw the improvements. He's worked at it and has made progress. That tells me he's going to continue to get better because this is really important to him.

Tebow went up against JaMarcus Russell, Matthew Stafford and Bradford, and beat them all. His body of work rivals that of anybody else to ever play college football.

Then you meet him and you start to discover his level of football aptitude, and you realize this is a rare, football-smart guy. He's good for any team, any locker room, any city, and he'll prove it.

There is a perception that the Florida offense doesn't translate to the NFL, but I disagree. I think there are some sequences and some things they've done in the passing game concept-wise that carry over.

He's had a lot of responsibilities at Florida, from the various triple options to audibles at the line of scrimmage. There's also a lot about his game that he shouldn't change, like his ability to extend plays.

The big thing for him is to trust his new coach, buy into the system and not get frustrated with a bad period, a bad practice or a lack of reps initially. He just needs to continue to learn and take advantage of his opportunities.
Tebow is going to be great for the league.

Source http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft1...ory?id=5033690

SOCALORADO.
12-07-2010, 11:02 AM
I will happily sign the petition to bring in Gruden!
(I cant sign it while i am at work though! But i will!)
http://www2.tbo.com/exposure/ar/659/372/2010/03/04/36022_tebow-1.jpg

Jon_Gruden 4 HC
12-07-2010, 11:03 AM
I will happily sign the petition to bring in Gruden!

Good stuff, I just created it so you will be one of the very first people to sign up..

vandammage13
12-07-2010, 11:04 AM
Count me in....Spend the $ and bring in Gruden!!

BroncoWave
12-07-2010, 11:05 AM
Gruden is not coming to Denver. You are just going to have to get over that now.

SOCALORADO.
12-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Gruden is not coming to Denver. You are just going to have to get over that now.

What if 50,000 folks sign the petition?
Who knows! maybe Bowlen will take notice of who the fans want!

Jon_Gruden 4 HC
12-07-2010, 11:09 AM

Why not, there is no indication why he could not be the next coach.

tomjonesrocks
12-07-2010, 11:12 AM
What if 50,000 folks sign the petition?
Who knows! maybe Bowlen will take notice of who the fans want!

Unless Bowlen can somehow manage to get out of McD's deal saying he fired him for cause, one would expect hes going to Walmart for the next HC this time around. Hope I'm wrong but expect to be disappointed.

Also a question--has any petition ever worked?

Shazam!
12-07-2010, 11:13 AM
I'd be happy with Gruden.

BroncoWave
12-07-2010, 11:17 AM
Why not, there is no indication why he could not be the next coach.

There is every indication he won't be the next coach, unless every single NFL insider who has given their input on the topic is wrong.

Jon_Gruden 4 HC
12-07-2010, 11:22 AM
Don't hesitate to sign up guys, we need signatures lost of signatures for Broncos management to take notice!!

Jon_Gruden 4 HC
12-07-2010, 11:22 AM
There is every indication he won't be the next coach, unless every single NFL insider who has given their input on the topic is wrong.

The reality is no one knows what Gruden will do other than Gruden himself.

Nomad
12-07-2010, 11:24 AM
For one, I believe Gruden would ask for too much $! Secondly, I believe (JMO) he wants to go to a bigger market and I see him going to a place like SF! Rich Gannon said something similiar a while back because Gruden like the Bay Area and lifestyle around there!!

Northman
12-07-2010, 11:24 AM
Probably wont happen but i signed it anyway.

rationalfan
12-07-2010, 11:26 AM
kneejerk fan reaction: sign the biggest name free agent former coach available; even if it's not the right thing for the broncos.

whether it's players or coaches, so many of us burp out the biggest names available. i'd rather find the coach that's a perfect fit - whether he's heralded or not. and to be clear, i have no idea who should be the coach. but i wouldn't be blinded by super bowl rings.

Jon_Gruden 4 HC
12-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Probably wont happen but i signed it anyway.

Good stuff, spread the word..

Krugan
12-07-2010, 11:27 AM
Its nice to see a petition, but seriously, not going to work in this case.

Great for uni thoughts, inhouse entertainment, but I highly doubt someone who is going to spend millions and makes more is going to let a group of armchair cowboys make this call.

Besides im not sold he is the guy to be here, although I like his fire, im not overly impressed with this overall coaching years.

SOCALORADO.
12-07-2010, 11:28 AM

http://www.musicobsession.com/Pictures/g/r/grinch316123.jpg

Jon_Gruden 4 HC
12-07-2010, 11:28 AM
kneejerk fan reaction: sign the biggest name free agent former coach available; even if it's not the right thing for the broncos.

whether it's players or coaches, so many of us burp out the biggest names available. i'd rather find the coach that's a perfect fit - whether he's heralded or not. and to be clear, i have no idea who should be the coach. but i wouldn't be blinded by super bowl rings.

I am not simply blinded by his super bow ring at all. I personally feel he is a great coach and his relationship and belief in Tebow as the QB of this team makes him the ideal choice..

MadMax
12-07-2010, 11:32 AM
Hello Everyone,

With the recent firing of Josh McDaniels as the Broncos Head Coach, discussion has now shifted to hiring Jon Gruden. However, he was terrible for all but his first year as coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Even worse he is still a Raider who routinely attends Raider staff and fan events. Please do not support hiring Jon Gruden for our next head coach.

Lancane
12-07-2010, 11:42 AM
I signed it because I think Gruden is a good option, he has the experience and understands the rivalries in the AFC West.

Ron Rivera is another name high on my list, he also understands the rivalries in the Division.

Jon_Gruden 4 HC
12-07-2010, 11:50 AM
I signed it because I think Gruden is a good option, he has the experience and understands the rivalries in the AFC West.

Ron Rivera is another name high on my list, he also understands the rivalries in the Division.

Rivera would be my 2nd choice though Gruden's belief in Tebow puts it in his favor for me..

slim
12-07-2010, 11:50 AM
No.

Lancane
12-07-2010, 11:51 AM

Well, that's opinionated...after all, the NFL Insiders are not always right Bailey.

Let's look at it from another perspective, Bowlen could have forced McDaniels to play Tebow without firing him, or he could have quit if he didn't like the idea. All the NFL Insiders have said why fire him now with four games to go? Now, it could be the whole Tebow thing, and we may know in as the next few weeks pass and more information is learned.

However, and this is a theory at best...but Denver couldn't really approach Jon Gruden while they kept Josh McDaniels, after all the two are both clients of agent Bob LaMonte, and that could have caused more strife internally if they were to do so.

I wouldn't count out Gruden, not yet at least and not because the insiders say otherwise.

CoachChaz
12-07-2010, 11:51 AM
Sorry...I already signed the Jim Harbaugh petition

frauschieze
12-07-2010, 11:57 AM
This is a solid idea. I always make my multi-million dollar business decisions based on fan opinion.

Jon_Gruden 4 HC
12-07-2010, 11:59 AM
This is a solid idea. I always make my multi-million dollar business decisions based on fan opinion.

I don't expect them to hire him based on a petition. Just draw more attention to Gruden. Why do you have to be so negative and condescending about it. Its not hurting anyone.

SOCALORADO.
12-07-2010, 12:04 PM
I don't expect them to hire him based on a petition. Just draw more attention to Gruden. Why do you have to be so negative and condescending about it. Its not hurting anyone.

Well It is the season of giving......:D

T.K.O.
12-07-2010, 12:05 PM
NO ! it's another scheme to keep the broncos down....LOOK ! he even made Tebow wear silver & black:shocked:

Rex
12-07-2010, 12:05 PM
This thread is ALSO why people make fun of message boards

Jon_Gruden 4 HC
12-07-2010, 12:06 PM
NO ! it's another scheme to keep the broncos down....LOOK ! he even made Tebow wear silver & black:shocked:

haha funny.. but he is the answer. Gruden genuinely believes in Tebow and we will need that from our head coach if Tebow is to be successful in the NFL.

frauschieze
12-07-2010, 12:09 PM

Because it detracts from petitions that might actually have a shot at changing things, aka Bring Back Broncos Orange. Because in today's day and age, activism is defined as changing your profile picture on Facebook and people are too lazy to do anything which might actually make a difference. Pure slacktivism.

Because, in saying you want to draw more attention to Gruden, you're insinuating that Bowlen is not intelligent enough to consider him, or needs a push to do so. And I find that insulting.

And because I don't appreciate spamming on my home turf. I'm all about conjecture as to who our next head coach will be. It's an exciting yet apprehensive time to be a Broncos fan. The discussions are what make this board great. And there's quite a few people here who fully support and want Gruden for the next head coach. But this? This is agenda driven nonsense which is utterly useless.

That said, welcome. Hope you've got more to talk about than this petition.

Jon_Gruden 4 HC
12-07-2010, 12:20 PM
This thread is ALSO why people make fun of message boards

I doubt this thread is the reason why message boards are made fun of.. :lol:

SOCALORADO.
12-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Because it detracts from petitions that might actually have a shot at changing things, aka Bring Back Broncos Orange. Because in today's day and age, activism is defined as changing your profile picture on Facebook and people are too lazy to do anything which might actually make a difference. Pure slacktivism.

Because, in saying you want to draw more attention to Gruden, you're insinuating that Bowlen is not intelligent enough to consider him, or needs a push to do so. And I find that insulting.

And because I don't appreciate spamming on my home turf. I'm all about conjecture as to who our next head coach will be. It's an exciting yet apprehensive time to be a Broncos fan. The discussions are what make this board great. And there's quite a few people here who fully support and want Gruden for the next head coach. But this? This is agenda driven nonsense which is utterly useless.

.......you did sign the petition though, right? :D

Northman
12-07-2010, 12:24 PM
Pure slacktivism.

Im a slacker, what of it? Wanna fight? :D

Jon_Gruden 4 HC
12-07-2010, 12:24 PM

I appreciate your concerns, I certainly do. I don't want to offend you, Broncos Fans or our owner. Activism is the best way to get the word out there and that is all I am trying to do. I also believe that my cause is a little more in depth and caring that simply changing my facebook profile pic to a picture of Gruden.

Again that is your opinion, what I am doing is certainly not spamming. I am not telling people to go visit another message board or buy a certain product but simply to spear head the idea of making Gruden our next head coach. That is certainly anything but spamming and I take great offense to that. I of course have lots to contribute to this board, I am devoted fan who watches every game despite not living in Colorado.

dogfish
12-07-2010, 12:34 PM

hey, wait a minute there young lady. . . trying to get gruden in here is a positive agenda, even if a petition's not going to work. . .

frauschieze
12-07-2010, 12:35 PM
.......you did sign the petition though, right? :D

LMAO! Troublemaker!

You betcha, mister. Meet me in the Lounge by the bike racks at 3:00. ;)

I appreciate your concerns, I certainly do. I don't want to offend you, Broncos Fans or our owner. Activism is the best way to get the word out there and that is all I am trying to do. I also believe that my cause is a little more in depth and caring that simply changing my facebook profile pic to a picture of Gruden.

Again that is your opinion, what I am doing is certainly not spamming. I am not telling people to go visit another message board or buy a certain product but simply to spear head the idea of making Gruden our next head coach. That is certainly anything but spamming and I take great offense to that. I of course have lots to contribute to this board, I am devoted fan who watches every game despite not living in Colorado.

I'm always glad to have a new fan around. But joining a message board with a name that supports the cause you made a petition for, starting one thread about that petition and then only posting in that thread about that petition? Sorry, man, that's spamming.

Also, you should probably send a PM to Tned (the admin) getting permission for that link in your sig. We've got a strict no advertising policy around these parts.

frauschieze
12-07-2010, 12:37 PM
hey, wait a minute there young lady. . . trying to get gruden in here is a positive agenda, even if a petition's not going to work. . .

Dog, I'm gonna start a petition against kicking puppies. Will you sign it? :D

shank
12-07-2010, 12:39 PM

fighting is a lot of work.

SOCALORADO.
12-07-2010, 12:39 PM
LMAO! Troublemaker!

You betcha, mister. Meet me in the Lounge by the bike racks at 3:00. ;)

I'm always glad to have a new fan around. But joining a message board with a name that supports the cause you made a petition for, starting one thread about that petition and then only posting in that thread about that petition? Sorry, man, that's spamming.

Also, you should probably send a PM to Tned (the admin) getting permission for that link in your sig. We've got a strict no advertising policy around these parts.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_vJJWmzKz0Gw/SzpHfcQWeuI/AAAAAAAAGRo/_HtxP3EY7Bo/s400/debbie+downer+titled+framed+best2.jpg

dogfish
12-07-2010, 12:40 PM
Dog, I'm gonna start a petition against kicking puppies. Will you sign it? :D

no-- i sometimes need to kick puppies. . .

Jon_Gruden 4 HC
12-07-2010, 12:43 PM

Fair enough, though the topic of the new coach seems to be the only thing worth talking about right now. The team on the field is certainly not worth discussing with how they have been playing of late. Hence why this has been my main topic of discussion. I have always felt passionate about the Broncos but when I heard that Denver may go cheap and hire an unknown coach with no past track record of NFL success, I got concerned. I don't want another hot shot OC or DC or even College Coach given the reigns of the team. I am supporting Gruden because he is the best choice for the job. I plan on being active in the forum just as long as I am not criticized for having my own opinion.

I understand the no advertising but a petition in no way is advertising a product, its simply a cause.

BroncoNut
12-07-2010, 12:51 PM

that's just our Frau. Welcome to the freak

broncogirl7
12-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Its nice to see a petition, but seriously, not going to work in this case.

Great for uni thoughts, inhouse entertainment, but I highly doubt someone who is going to spend millions and makes more is going to let a group of armchair cowboys make this call.

Besides im not sold he is the guy to be here, although I like his fire, im not overly impressed with this overall coaching years.

I think you are wrong. Our FIREMCDANIELS petition worked pretty damn well!

Jon_Gruden 4 HC
12-07-2010, 01:59 PM
The petition is starting to move up a bit with signatures.

slim
12-07-2010, 02:11 PM
How many?

Dirk
12-07-2010, 02:14 PM
You know, I am all for Gruden coming in as well. Not so much as to creating a petition for him but would like it none the less.