PDA

View Full Version : Blow the entire team up?????

TimTebow15MVP
12-07-2010, 07:06 AM
:shocked: For what? why should pat allow a coach to come in here and blow the entire team up. that would mean another roster turnover, new everything all over again. which all comes out to another 2-3 years of winning 2-3 games.

If Pat is gonna bring in a coach he better bring in one that likes what he sees. Wants to stick with the 3-4, And Believes in tebow The last thing this team need is to be blown up. just because mcd sucked as a coach and made some bad personell moves doesnt mean he didnt leave behind a solid foundation to build on. the offense is set. its set in the trenches also where it matters the most.

the defense has a great LB core coming back next year with ayers, dooms, joe mays/draftee and vickerson on the DL is a start. some young corners who i think will be good next year. the 3-4 should be here to stay

I dont think this team should be blown up. if the next coach comes in here and blows up the team just because they are not his guys then hes no better than mcdaniels. who thought lamont jordan was a better option than hillis.

I just hope Pat doesnt sign a guy and let him run wild with the roster. he better like what he see and just want too throw his touch on it.

Northman
12-07-2010, 09:21 AM
It really doesnt matter now, the team is already in shambles.

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 09:25 AM
It's already been blown up. Imho there was a hell of a lot more talent on this team BEFORE McDaniels got here than there is now.

Dreadnought
12-07-2010, 09:27 AM
I think there are some parts worth salvaging. A lot of rubbish, but lets not go wasting limited resources replacing guys who don't actually need replacing. We just went through that after all

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2010, 09:29 AM
I don't think we need a whole scale blow up and I do think we have more talent than many of us wants to admit, at least offensively, but the defense needs to be addressed big time.

I think we can win with the current offense (although a change at QB might be in the making) with better play calling and playing to their strengths instead of just some set scheme they're not suited for. The defense is a different story. We need to get younger and more talented on the D-line and in the Secondary to get where we need to be, IMO.

MileHighCrew
12-07-2010, 09:31 AM
Says the guy with the Tebow name.

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 09:33 AM
I think there are some parts worth salvaging. A lot of rubbish, but lets not go wasting limited resources replacing guys who don't actually need replacing. We just went through that after all

Agreed. I really don't think there is much for a new coach to blow up. Keep those parts that are salvagable and discard what really needs replacing. To me would be still be "blowing it up" but it wouldn't be as Tned would a scorched earth approach.

SOCALORADO.
12-07-2010, 09:36 AM
What TX said.
There really nothing to blow up!
Keep the good young secondary, and the unproven, young offense.
And your overview is waay off.
DEN needs at least 2 more LBs. Joe Mays as much as i like him is on IR now.
Vickerson, are you kidding me!?!?
DEN needs the ENTIRE front 7 to be revamped. Completely. Yes i hope Doom comes back, but who knows!?!? Yes keep DJ, but he may have seen his last season in DEN my friend. And as for Champ, well we will see. I think he's just fed up and he only has 2 more seasons to win a ring. CANT BLAME THE MAN.

BeefStew25
12-07-2010, 09:36 AM
I wonder what McD is doing right now.

BroncoJoe
12-07-2010, 09:39 AM
I wonder what McD is doing right now.

Sleeping.

BeefStew25
12-07-2010, 09:43 AM
Sleeping.

Yeah, probably a little relaxing too. Knowing he would get paid in full for two more years. Think of that Joe. Two years off if you wanted, and just make it rain every night with you wife.

tomjonesrocks
12-07-2010, 09:49 AM
I kind of agree with those that say there's nothing left to blow up. Personally, all my favorite players are already gone so personnel-wise I really don't care what they do at this point. I do want to keep Clady, Doom and Lloyd and after that don't really give a F.

I'd have added DJ Williams to the keep list but seeing as it costs $500-$1200 to rent a car for a night of clubbing--literally pocket change to these guys--if you are this rich and get a DUI I'm going to say you're too stupid to live.

Things have gone so poorly though I would love to see Ellis and Xanders go though. If they remain I'll be less confident regardless of who the new coach is.

broncofaninfla
12-07-2010, 09:50 AM
It will take years to recover from what Mcd did to this team, this team has already been blown up.

BeefStew25
12-07-2010, 09:51 AM
McD is like the Wiki leaks dude. We probably don't even know the total damage.

BroncoJoe
12-07-2010, 09:53 AM
This team is FAR better off than the Falcons were a couple years back. They were able to recover pretty quick, so I'm hoping for the same here.

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 10:03 AM
This team is FAR better off than the Falcons were a couple years back. They were able to recover pretty quick, so I'm hoping for the same here.

Maybe we are but only time will tell if that's actually correct.

Dzone
12-07-2010, 10:31 AM
hope they keep Champ. He still has at least 2 good years left

Dreadnought
12-07-2010, 11:19 AM

I think the big question is at QB. We may have the answer on hand...or not. Ive been OK with Orton, but I'm not sold he's a top tier QB. I'd like to see Tebow get a fair shot, but he may not be the answer either. I think its stupid to write the guy off basically sight unseen. Some guys are convinced he can't play NFL QB. Maybe, but lets find out for sure.

As for Socal's point, front seven must be (finally) addressed. Apart from Dumerville I'm not really sold on any of them, and that includes DJ Williams. Not saying DJ is a bum, but when he's your best LB what that really means is your LB's aren't actually very good. Joe Mays has earned further looks too IMO, but I'm not ready to put him in the Ring of Fame yet

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2010, 11:25 AM
I think the big question is at QB. We may have the answer on hand...or not. Ive been OK with Orton, but I'm not sold he's a top tier QB. I'd like to see Tebow get a fair shot, but he may not be the answer either. I think its stupid to write the guy off basically sight unseen. Some guys are convinced he can't play NFL QB. Maybe, but lets find out for sure.

As for Socal's point, front seven must be (finally) addressed. Apart from Dumerville I'm not really sold on any of them, and that includes DJ Williams. Not saying DJ is a bum, but when he's your best LB what that really means is your LB's aren't actually very good. Joe Mays has earned further looks too IMO, but I'm not ready to put him in the Ring of Fame yet

I also think we need defensive secondary help. With Champ's future in Question and Dawkins obviously spending more time on the sidelines than the field, the time has come to get a real safety or two. I like McBath, but he's the most injured bronco on the roster the past two years and that makes him completely unreliable in my book.

Ravage!!!
12-07-2010, 11:28 AM
whats to blow up? We don't have any talent that is a "Must keep" by any means. We've wasted picks on QBs that can't get on the field. We traded away the rest of the talent on the team. We have some WRs that MIGHT be good, but dont' really know, and we know that they aren't going to be as good as what was here.

We'll never get the picks we've absolutely wasted and thrown away for garbage and bench sitters.

tomjonesrocks
12-07-2010, 11:35 AM

Hmm. FAR better off?

It is true that they actually had what can be considered a similar mindblowing coaching fiasco--unfathomable as that is.

Am not sure I see the Broncos spending huge for a marqee FA name in the vein of Michael Turner though. And Roddy White was there as well as some players on defense that are still in the league. The ability to take Matt Ryan in the coming draft was a nice break for them as well. Are we even going to have a first round pick after all the sordid details of Spygate II come to light?

FAR better off...unsure about that one.

Dreadnought
12-07-2010, 11:44 AM
whats to blow up? We don't have any talent that is a "Must keep" by any means. We've wasted picks on QBs that can't get on the field. We traded away the rest of the talent on the team. We have some WRs that MIGHT be good, but dont' really know, and we know that they aren't going to be as good as what was here.

We'll never get the picks we've absolutely wasted and thrown away for garbage and bench sitters.

We also don't know. The fact that Tebow couldn't see the field isn't a fair knock on Tebow. Hillis couldn't see the field either. I really think the problem is that McDaniels couldn't judge ability worth a Rat's ass. I don't hold it against a player that McD wouldn't give him reps, any more than I would accept that maroney wasn't a chump RB because McD let him tote the rock.

Safest bet? Throw out all assumptions and things you thought were true if they involved either McDaniels' judgement and/or his ability to get along and play well with others.

Ravage!!!
12-07-2010, 11:48 AM
We also don't know. The fact that Tebow couldn't see the field isn't a fair knock on Tebow. Hillis couldn't see the field either. I really think the problem is that McDaniels couldn't judge ability worth a Rat's ass. I don't hold it against a player that McD wouldn't give him reps, any more than I would accept that maroney wasn't a chump RB because McD let him tote the rock.

Safest bet? Throw out all assumptions and things you thought were true if they involved either McDaniels' judgement and/or his ability to get along and play well with others.

Fair statements all around.

I can't get my own bias out of the way when it comes to this. I didn't want to draft Tebow, I never thought he would be a good NFL QB, and still don't.

But you are absolutely right. I've stated many many times that its time to start the kid so that he can get experience, and we can see what we have. I TRULY truly hope that he turns out to be much much better than I expect him to be because we absolutely NEED him to be!! We've spent a TON on him, and its the most important position on the field.

Lets get him behind center as SOON as possible.

I Eat Staples
12-07-2010, 02:21 PM
Too late for this. The roster was blown up by McDaniels.

I hope Bowlen doesn't give another coach complete control over personnel decisions, and hires someone who knows what they're doing. Fire Xanders next.

BigSarge87
12-07-2010, 03:04 PM
Too late for this. The roster was blown up by McDaniels.

I hope Bowlen doesn't give another coach complete control over personnel decisions, and hires someone who knows what they're doing. Fire Xanders next.

Ellis said in the Press Conference that they will likely not give the next HC all the responsibilities McD had and admitted that they put way too much on his shoulders.

He practically said "He'll be a good coach when he grows up...but not here". I thought that was pretty funny.

BORDERLINE
12-07-2010, 03:22 PM

exactly,

the fins also quickly got up from the bottom of the afc east.
the coach who comes in has to have a clear plan and it has to be a good one

I don't believe McD came to denver with the intention of trading Cutler,Marshall.

I don't believe that was his plan. He just saw that Cassel was out there and couldn't resist himself (idiot).

he swayed from the plan. and he kept doing it till BOOM!!! exploded all over his face.

Next Coach and new GM need to follow one to the T....That's the only way we get back on track fast

BORDERLINE
12-07-2010, 03:25 PM
hope they keep Champ. He still has at least 2 good years left

and that's at cornerback..
after that move his azz too safety and he will still put up numbers