PDA

View Full Version : Broncos may wait a year to hire next coach?

TimBuff10
12-07-2010, 02:22 AM
So after thinking about all the people wondering who the next HC will be and now that we are in that window of waiting, I am wondering if the Broncos will just wait to see what happens with the labor issue that is looming before they hire someone to coach players that may or may not be around next year.

It would be stupid to hire someone and pay them for a season when there are no games or players to coach next year.

We could be waiting on a new coach far into next year or maybe even longer than a year from now if there is no season next year.

BroncoWave
12-07-2010, 02:26 AM
That would be a terrible idea. What if they come to a labor deal in July or something? Then you have one month to get a coach hired to get the team ready for the season. That would be wholly irresponsible.

TimBuff10
12-07-2010, 03:28 AM
That would be a terrible idea. What if they come to a labor deal in July or something? Then you have one month to get a coach hired to get the team ready for the season. That would be wholly irresponsible.

Well as long as they know that the two sides are as far apart as they are now, it wouldn't be a terrible idea financially. Besides, the NFL that we have in a few years may be a totally different NFL than we know right now.

Tned
12-07-2010, 09:07 AM
Very unlikely. They need to prepare for the draft, assemble a staff, etc. Unless the make Studesville (sp?? too early to double check) permanent, expect to see a new HC hired in January.

BeefStew25
12-07-2010, 09:08 AM
There will be football next year. The billionaires will outlast the millionaires.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2010, 09:21 AM
There will be football next year. The billionaires will outlast the millionaires.

Wait, aren't the billionaires the ones trying to lock out the millionaires? I thought the owners were the ones putting the kibosh on next season unless the players bow to their wishes? The players want to play and get paid. The owners were the ones who acted to throw out the current CBA and put next season in jeopardy because they want more of the profits. It's a greed vs greed thing.

Either way, I really hope they put in a reasonable rookie salary cap and pay scale so drafting high won't be so damned expensive in the future.

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 09:28 AM
I'm with BTB on this waiting an entire year before hiring a full time head coach would be disasterous and so I don't think there is a high probability of that happening.

BeefStew25
12-07-2010, 09:34 AM
Wait, aren't the billionaires the ones trying to lock out the millionaires? I thought the owners were the ones putting the kibosh on next season unless the players bow to their wishes? The players want to play and get paid. The owners were the ones who acted to throw out the current CBA and put next season in jeopardy because they want more of the profits. It's a greed vs greed thing.

Either way, I really hope they put in a reasonable rookie salary cap and pay scale so drafting high won't be so damned expensive in the future.

Right. And the poorer of the two will cave. The current deal is bad and the union knows it. They were on the record as saying they don't want anything changed. Which was dumb of them. Unions always want more. Ask the abandoned Cleveland riverfront how that worked out.

Shazam!
12-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Umm. No.