PDA

View Full Version : Bowlen had dined with Elway tonight

Northman
12-07-2010, 01:28 AM
Its actually morning now but according to Vic Lombari Bowlen was seen dining with John last night. Possible GM?

Lancane
12-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Its actually morning now but according to Vic Lombari Bowlen was seen dining with John last night. Possible GM?

Highly doubt it, probably talking about candidates, but I don't see Elway who is adored by fans wanting a position that could change their perception of him.

CrazyHorse
12-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Highly doubt it, probably talking about candidates, but I don't see Elway who is adored by fans wanting a position that could change their perception of him.

Elway as GM is one of the worst ideas possible.

NightTrainLayne
12-07-2010, 01:39 AM
Elway said last week I believe that he wouldn't be able to be a GM but he'd be able to find the right guy to be a GM. Elway will not be the GM.

Northman
12-07-2010, 01:42 AM
Probably, but Elway has stated to Lombardi that he wants to be involved in some capacity. So what could he do that would be involved? Just an advisor?

NightTrainLayne
12-07-2010, 01:43 AM
Probably, but Elway has stated to Lombardi that he wants to be involved in some capacity. So what could he do that would be involved? Just an advisor?

I think he could very well be involved in the hunt for a GM. And I'm personally glad to hear Elway say that he's not the right guy for the job.

Lancane
12-07-2010, 01:51 AM

That's my opinion North, I wouldn't be surprised if he was named Vice Executive Officer/Advisor of Football Operations and Personnel. That title would make him an inside man with Pat Bowlen and Joe Ellis, his opinion with that would carry more weight throughout the organization as well.

I believe that Pat Bowlen wants to get back to Denver football, which means having a steadfast defense but a juggernaut offense. He probably wanted to discuss coaching candidates and probably possible general managers, that's my opinion at least.

robert ethan
12-07-2010, 01:52 AM
They should both eat bad fish and die horribly.

JDL
12-07-2010, 01:53 AM
Joe Ellis should be demoted and Elway inserted in his place. That is where Elway belongs in the organization, as the main executive, the guy who communicates with the media on behalf of the organization as a whole. The person who selects GM and has input on hiring of coaches. No personnel duties.

Dean
12-07-2010, 07:19 AM
They should both eat bad fish and die horribly.:ahhhhh:

Many have tried to act the part of a jackass but after seeing this post I am sure it won't happen in the near future. Perfection always shines through. After seeing this, I am sure they will feel their inadequacy and feel unable to top the true master.:tsk:

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 07:22 AM
Elway said last week I believe that he wouldn't be able to be a GM but he'd be able to find the right guy to be a GM. Elway will not be the GM.

I wonder if this means that Bowlen will actually change the chain of command structure?

Dirk
12-07-2010, 07:26 AM

Um...dude seriously get a grip. You are going over the deep end. Chill a bit.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2010, 07:54 AM
I'd like to see Elway take over Ellis' job... A man can dream. :D

Oh and to robert ethan... McDaniels is gone now so you can leave, too.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2010, 08:01 AM

Kind of off topic, but I've really grown to dislike Lombardi over the last 12 hours. The guy is the biggest McDaniels apologist I've seen, short of robert ethan that is. Every time they show him on TV and ask him about McDaniels, he looks like he's going to cry. I know he's a friend and former coworker with Bellichick but come on, man.

He keeps preaching that we should've given Josh more time and makes it sound like the fans bullied Bowlen into chasing him out of town. He conveniently glosses over every bad move Josh has made and always reverts to the "it takes time" moniker which we've all seen from recent turnarounds throughout the league that you should be headed in the right direction in two years. We were headed backward. Lombardi has lost a ton of respect from me because he has the inability to be impartial about this one. It's the same reason they don't let cops work on cases where they know the victim. Lombardi should remove himself before he completely discredits himself. /rant

Sorry about that, back to topic.

BeefStew25
12-07-2010, 08:04 AM
This is good that Elway doesn't want to be a GM. Give him the VP of Common Sense title.

We need a dude who has been in scouting for years and is used to the grind and would not even know what it is like to bone a former Raiders cheerleader.

Dreadnought
12-07-2010, 08:42 AM
Kind of off topic, but I've really grown to dislike Lombardi over the last 12 hours. The guy is the biggest McDaniels apologist I've seen, short of robert ethan that is. Every time they show him on TV and ask him about McDaniels, he looks like he's going to cry. I know he's a friend and former coworker with Bellichick but come on, man.

He keeps preaching that we should've given Josh more time and makes it sound like the fans bullied Bowlen into chasing him out of town. He conveniently glosses over every bad move Josh has made and always reverts to the "it takes time" moniker which we've all seen from recent turnarounds throughout the league that you should be headed in the right direction in two years. We were headed backward. Lombardi has lost a ton of respect from me because he has the inability to be impartial about this one. It's the same reason they don't let cops work on cases where they know the victim. Lombardi should remove himself before he completely discredits himself. /rant

Lombardi was just this side of crying real tears on NFL network this morning. It was almost embarrassing.

BeefStew25
12-07-2010, 08:44 AM
He pretty much has been wrong on everything he has said. Couple that with the fact no team will hire him, and it is amazing he is employed.

Tned
12-07-2010, 08:44 AM

Despicable.

Tned
12-07-2010, 08:46 AM

Lombardi was just this side of crying real tears on NFL network this morning. It was almost embarrassing.

We talking Vic or Mike Lombardi here?

Nomad
12-07-2010, 08:51 AM
What significant role does Lombardi play with the BRONCOS other than another talking head!?!?! So he liked McDaniels:ohwell:

Dreadnought
12-07-2010, 08:51 AM
We talking Vic or Mike Lombardi here?

Mike, at least in my case

Tned
12-07-2010, 08:53 AM

Ok, that's what I thought. Seems like some in here might be getting confused and thinking Vic was defending McD, which I have yet to see. He's been clearly pissed by the bad play of the Broncos. I don't get to watch his TV stuff being from out of town, but on Twitter during games, the guy seems one stop short of totally losing it. Think he grew up a Broncos fan or something.

Dzone
12-07-2010, 08:53 AM
^hahah..too funny

BeefStew25
12-07-2010, 08:55 AM
Vic is Cool Local TV Guy, right?

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2010, 08:58 AM

Yeah, that's waht I was referring to. Last night and this morning. He really isn't being professional or objective about this at all. He even talked about Bowlen returning to "Broncos Football" with distaste.

I know he loves him some Bellicheat, but he really needs to be just a wee bit more objective.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Vic is Cool Local TV Guy, right?

Am I thinking the wrong guy? I hear Lombardi and I think of the fat guy who does NFL Network. Maybe I'm mistaken on the Lombardi.

Dzone
12-07-2010, 08:59 AM
Bowlen was probably asking John for advice. Elway haS a lot of experience in different things. Elway will be working for the Broncos in some capacity

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2010, 09:00 AM

Ahh, that's where I'm all jacked up. Sorry fellas (and sorry to Vic Lombardi for mistaking him for a bellichick stooge).

Tned
12-07-2010, 09:05 AM
Ahh, that's where I'm all jacked up. Sorry fellas (and sorry to Vic Lombardi for mistaking him for a bellichick stooge).

I was pretty sure we were lumping both Lombardis together in this thread, when there is a big difference. Figured I would try and clear it up.

Northman
12-07-2010, 09:15 AM

Doesnt surprise me. Looking over his tweets with him and Lindsey Jones you would think they were having a pity party over McDaniels. It was pretty hilarious.

tomjonesrocks
12-07-2010, 09:44 AM
Elway as GM is one of the worst ideas possible.

Was open to it until reading another poster here (don't recall who it was) who made the point that if we hire Elway in a role like that it will be very hard and painful to remove him in the event it doesn't go well. Plus it could tarnish the legacy of the greatest Bronco of them all. Considering it's really not that easy to be a great GM, looking at it from that angle it doesn't sound as appealing as it did to me initially.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2010, 09:50 AM
Some of the guys on NFLN were talking about Elway coming in in some capacity and they pointed out his building and managing the arena league franchise that went on to win a Championship. I don't want Elway to be our GM, especially not right away, but I wouldn't mind him having a job in personnel somewhere. The guy knows football, loyalty, and business and probably would do a good job in the FO somewhere.

I'd love to see him take Joe Ellis' job and become Bowlen's "voice". He'd be a good guy to have as a checks and balances type.

BroncoStud
12-07-2010, 09:59 AM

Y-O-U-H-A-V-E-I-S-S-U-E-S :elefant:

Shazam!
12-07-2010, 10:32 AM
Elway will have something to do with the future of the Broncos. An adviser in some larger capacity.

GEM
12-07-2010, 11:31 AM

Are you even a Broncos fan? Really? Go find a Josh McDaniels fan site somewhere.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-07-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm sure the organization can find a nice position for John Elway to assume.

Nice to hear in his own opinion, he's not the right man for a GM job. At least, currently.

Tned
12-07-2010, 02:42 PM
Doesnt surprise me. Looking over his tweets with him and Lindsey Jones you would think they were having a pity party over McDaniels. It was pretty hilarious.

All of his comments were about NFLN's Mike Lombardi, not Vic.

As to Vic and Lindsay, I don't think there is much sympathy for McDaniels beyond just pointing out that some fans seem to lose site of the fact that their are real people involved here and real lives, real families with real feelings. They get a lot of zealot like Tweets, like the asinine in post in this thread about how Bowlen should eat bad fish and die.