View Full Version : Player Reactions

BroncoWave
12-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Kyle Orton: "Something had to change."

Wesley Woodyard: "We knew something was going on"

www.twitter.com/maxbroncos

Northman
12-06-2010, 08:38 PM
I was wondering about this and im glad you started the thread. I wonder what the kind of fallout with the players was gonna come. Most of the time the players just say the right thing so they dont get traded or punished. But now that Josh is gone i wonder what they will have to say.

claymore
12-06-2010, 08:39 PM
I was wondering about this and im glad you started the thread. I wonder what the kind of fallout with the players was gonna come. Most of the time the players just say the right thing so they dont get traded or punished. But now that Josh is gone i wonder what they will have to say.

Yeah, the NFL is my soap opera. I would be lying if I said I wasnt looking forward to all the gossip.

shank
12-06-2010, 08:40 PM
lance ball: "Aye this the closest thing to Obama being elected president !!!!! "

Lancane
12-06-2010, 08:40 PM

Lloyd's already thrown McDaniels under the bus as well, saying he was too immature for the position and more like a friend in some aspects.

Funny how the locker room doesn't seem to be so upset over it all! :coffee:

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2010, 08:41 PM
That's an interesting quote from Orton.

McDaniels was likely his last lifeline for him playing next year. Not only is that likely not going to happen, but he probably won't be playing at all the rest of this year.

The 2010 season's failure, and him having decreased production as the year goes on, could very well be his headlining "accomplishments" for his next interview.

Buff
12-06-2010, 08:41 PM
Lloyd's already thrown McDaniels under the bus as well, saying he was too immature for the position and more like a friend in some aspects.

Lloyd also said that McDaniels was one of the best coaches in terms of getting the team prepared week in and week out. But he said McD had no room to complain about the guys not performing when he was the one picking the players.

He also said that the players ought to be able to trust the head coach and let the GM and front office be their enemy. It was tough when McD had final say on personnel.

Dirk
12-06-2010, 08:42 PM
Kyle Orton: "Something had to change."

Wesley Woodyard: "We knew something was going on"

www.twitter.com/maxbroncos

Orton's reaction surprises me. McD lived and eventually died touting Orton. Maybe there is a lot more that is going on behind closed doors than we know.

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2010, 08:42 PM

The locker room, IMHO, is the final major telling point in what's really going on with a head coach in his position. If nobody is really putting up that much of a fight for McDaniels, that really says a lot to me.

Northman
12-06-2010, 08:43 PM

Really? I did not see that. Kind of ironic that coming from a guy who benefitted a lot from the system in place but im glad he was honest about it.

Dirk
12-06-2010, 08:43 PM

McDaniels was likely his last lifeline for him playing next year. Not only is that likely not going to happen, but he probably won't be playing at all the rest of this year.

The 2010 season's failure, and him having decreased production as the year goes on, could very well be his headlining "accomplishments" for his next interview.

LOL...I basically felt the same way. You posted as I did.

Northman
12-06-2010, 08:44 PM
Orton's reaction surprises me. McD lived and eventually died touting Orton. Maybe there is a lot more that is going on behind closed doors than we know.

I think when speculation about Mcd throwing his coaches under the bus in front of Bowlen and company came out that it was pretty clear that Mcd has issues getting along with people or working with them in a professional manner. Im sure the players would say Josh did some good things but im also sure after a while his attitude would rub a lot of them the wrong way.

BroncoWave
12-06-2010, 08:45 PM
"Eddie Royal, on w/ @viclombardi, said McDaniels was a "players coach," and that you could walk into his office and ask him anything"

claymore
12-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Lloyd also said that McDaniels was one of the best coaches in terms of getting the team prepared week in and week out. But he said McD had no room to complain about the guys not performing when he was the one picking the players.

He also said that the players ought to be able to trust the head coach and let the GM and front office be their enemy. It was tough when McD had final say on personnel.

Lloyd sounded like he was trying to be PC. I think Lloyd liked McD, but I think he definitely understood why he was fired.

Northman
12-06-2010, 08:47 PM
"Eddie Royal, on w/ @viclombardi, said McDaniels was a "players coach," and that you could walk into his office and ask him anything"

Maybe thats the problem. Dunno.

claymore
12-06-2010, 08:47 PM

Eddies tweets shouldnt count. He is the poster child for being a nice guy.

BroncoStud
12-06-2010, 08:57 PM

Yeah that is pretty funny. Kyle, the first "something" that needs to change is to put you on the bench and let the young guys play.

TXBRONC
12-06-2010, 09:14 PM
Yeah that is pretty funny. Kyle, the first "something" that needs to change is to put you on the bench and let the young guys play.

Another quote from Mr. Orton.

Josh McDaniels fired as Broncos coach after video scandal, losing season
By Mike Klis
By The Denver Post
Posted: 12/06/2010 04:28:00 PM MSTUpdated: 12/06/2010 07:05:52 PM MST

Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

"From a personal standpoint, I'm disappointed because he was not only a head coach but a play caller," said Broncos quarterback Kyle Orton. "I did really like him as a play caller. I think he's a good coach. The players have to be held accountable, too. The way we've played is on us. You never want to see somebody fired."

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16791509

Kyle this could boomerang on ya bud.

Tned
12-06-2010, 09:33 PM
Tebow Tweet:

RT @TimTebow: Thank you for everything you did for me Coach McDaniels, including drafting me into this great organization. I wish you nothing but the best

Tned
12-06-2010, 09:36 PM
I think when speculation about Mcd throwing his coaches under the bus in front of Bowlen and company came out that it was pretty clear that Mcd has issues getting along with people or working with them in a professional manner. Im sure the players would say Josh did some good things but im also sure after a while his attitude would rub a lot of them the wrong way.

His handling of the Cutler and Marshall situations made it clear that one "skills" area he was clearly lacking was people skills.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-06-2010, 09:38 PM
Tebow Tweet:

That's not a Tebow tweet. He didn't end it with "God Bless". Obviously a forgery...

;)

rationalfan
12-06-2010, 09:40 PM
His handling of the Cutler and Marshall situations made it clear that one "skills" area he was clearly lacking was people skills.

hold on here. you're talking about his relations with people who clearly have poor people skills. bad choice to make your point.

Tned
12-06-2010, 09:41 PM
hold on here. you're talking about his relations with people who clearly have poor people skills. bad choice to make your point.

No, it was a perfect choice. Head coaches are EXPECTED to be able to deal with problem children. Having public pissing contests is NOT the way it's done.

Tned
12-06-2010, 09:42 PM
That's not a Tebow tweet. He didn't end it with "God Bless". Obviously a forgery...

;)

Whatcha yapping about, Chihuahua???

BroncoWave
12-06-2010, 09:43 PM
Tebow:

"We fully support Coach Studesville... He will do a great job in his new position and will make Broncos fans proud of this team! GB2"

Northman
12-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Oh, im sure Tebow is thanking him. Tebow would of been draftd at best in the 2nd round if not for McD.

BroncoWave
12-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Oh, im sure Tebow is thanking him. Tebow would of been draftd at best in the 2nd round if not for McD.

There is no way of knowing that. Several reports had other teams ready to get him at the end of the first.

nevcraw
12-06-2010, 09:47 PM
No, it was a perfect choice. Head coaches are EXPECTED to be able to deal with problem children. Having public pissing contests is NOT the way it's done.

exactly

HORSEPOWER 56
12-06-2010, 09:49 PM
Whatcha yapping about, Chihuahua???

Sorry, but today I'm as happy as a puppy with 2 peters! :beer: YAP!

Lancane
12-06-2010, 09:51 PM

;)

Don't you know...he plays for the Broncos, which made him an Atheist! :lol:

Tned
12-06-2010, 09:51 PM
Tebow:

"We fully support Coach Studesville... He will do a great job in his new position and will make Broncos fans proud of this team! GB2"

WTH does GB2 mean? I saw that on Twitter, but wasn't sure.

Northman
12-06-2010, 09:52 PM
There is no way of knowing that. Several reports had other teams ready to get him at the end of the first.

Actually, im pretty confident of that to be honest. And im not just saying that too toot my own horn i truly believe he would of dropped to the second round.

BigDaddyBronco
12-06-2010, 09:52 PM
"These guys better stop tweeting and go get some rest. It's full pads and bellys tomorrow." - Coach Studesville

BroncoWave
12-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Actually, im pretty confident of that to be honest. And im not just saying that too toot my own horn i truly believe he would of dropped to the second round.

Maybe, but the difference between late first round and mid-to-early second round (which is the latest I can see him having gone) really isn't that drastic.

Northman
12-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Maybe, but the difference between late first round and mid-to-early second round (which is the latest I can see him having gone) really isn't that drastic.

True. Either way i think we should of gone a different direction with the pick but thats for another discussion.

BeefStew25
12-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Go Broncos
God Bless

BroncoWave
12-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Go Broncos
God Bless

Thanks Tim.

BeefStew25
12-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Thanks Tim.

You are welcome Pube.

TXBRONC
12-06-2010, 10:04 PM

I'll roll the dice say it was texting error. I'll bet he meant to put GBU. God Bless You.

BroncoWave
12-06-2010, 10:08 PM
I'll roll the dice say it was texting error. I'll bet he meant to put GBU. God Bless You.

No, GB2 is correct. It means God Bless, Go Broncos.

rationalfan
12-06-2010, 10:36 PM

ever heard of the term "coach killer."

Denver Native (Carol)
12-06-2010, 11:24 PM

Not according to Stink. If anyone is interested in hearing what was said on Fm104.3 by Stink and Brandon Lloyd -

http://www.1043thefan.com/podcasts/Episodes.aspx?PID=1623

Also, if anyone is interested in hearing Orton, Royal and Woodyard -

http://cbs4denver.com/

turftoad
12-06-2010, 11:26 PM
Not according to Stink. If anyone is interested in hearing what was said on Fm104.3 by Stink and Brandon Lloyd -

McD is not a Bronco anymore. God Bless.

No reason to stick up for him anymore.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-06-2010, 11:29 PM
McD is not a Bronco anymore. God Bless.

No reason to stick up for him anymore.

Excuse me - this thread was titled "Player Reactions", and I posted links so people could actually hear what some of the players said.

turftoad
12-06-2010, 11:35 PM
Excuse me - this thread was titled "Player Reactions", and I posted links so people could actually hear what some of the players said.

Thats great. Much appriciated Carol. props on all the positives. Find anthing on the negetive player responses?
I'm sure there are plenty.

Players arent stupid. I;m sure there are plenty that have other points of view.

We have not heard all of the story as of yet.

We do appriciate the input however. :beer:

The only positive is that he's gone. We can move forward now.

We didn't need to rebuild when he got here. Now we do.

pnbronco
12-07-2010, 12:10 AM
No, GB2 is correct. It means God Bless, Go Broncos.

Bailey right that's what Tim posts..... GB2 the 2 means squared... God Bless, Go Broncos.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2010, 12:15 AM

That thing with the cheerleader was HILARIOUS! She got asked, in jest of course, what she could've done to help save McDaniels' job and she said she could've subbed in for Kyle Orton because she can throw pretty well...:lol:

BADASS!!!

BroncoWave
12-07-2010, 01:17 AM
This made me go wow:

MaxBroncos
RT @VicLombardi: NEW INFO: A Broncos player tells me there was a confrontation on the practice field today b/w Josh and Champ/DJ Williams.

When Champ confronts you, you HAVE to go.

Northman
12-07-2010, 01:24 AM
Thats funny.

Just more fodder about the relations that McD has with his players/coaches.

*Added*

Not exactly a mutiny. But the player described it as very heated and contentious. Something about wind sprints.

Lmao

The Glue Factory
12-07-2010, 01:27 AM
This made me go wow:

MaxBroncos
RT @VicLombardi: NEW INFO: A Broncos player tells me there was a confrontation on the practice field today b/w Josh and Champ/DJ Williams.

When Champ confronts you, you HAVE to go.

Uh, yeah. Monday when you're looking at film from 24 hours previously? Typically, players don't hit the practice field until Wednesday.

topscribe
12-07-2010, 01:33 AM
Thats great. Much appriciated Carol. props on all the positives. Find anthing on the negetive player responses?

I really do think most of the players liked McDaniels. I guess you never
witnessed the passion with which Lloyd spoke about it on 104.3, passion
that would not seem appropriate, were he simply being political about it . . .
-----

pnbronco
12-07-2010, 01:34 AM
Uh, yeah. Monday when you're looking at film from 24 hours previously? Typically, players don't hit the practice field until Wednesday.

That's what I've always understood. Monday is film day, Tues off, Wed, Thurs, Friday practice. Sat a light practice/walk through.

horsepig
12-07-2010, 02:30 AM

No-one is asking for positives. Any player response will do.

horsepig
12-07-2010, 02:40 AM
Sorry Turf, I didn't read your post close enough. My mistake.

broncofaninfla
12-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Just want to keep this thread alive, I really want to hear what the players, both current and former have to say about this.

BeefStew25
12-07-2010, 09:58 AM
Stink was on Mike and Mike. Said to try his new gluten free chile.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-07-2010, 10:01 AM
I really do think most of the players liked McDaniels. I guess you never
witnessed the passion with which Lloyd spoke about it on 104.3, passion
that would not seem appropriate, were he simply being political about it . . .
-----

You're probably right, top. There are many players that will show that type of loyalty to their coach, especailly when he gave them an opportunity, and there are guys that never say negative things about anything like Royal or Champ.

I'd bet the players just want to keep their heads down and get past this as fast as possible. They want to play football and this is more FO politics than anything and they realize that they are still playing for a job. Many, like Lloyd, say that McDaniels was fantastic about preparing them for the games and there weren't situations that they weren't ready for. That's wonderful. He also said, surprisingly, that McDaniels hadn't acquired the right personnel to do the jobs he expected them to do and blamed personnel problems on him. That's not so good. I'd also argue that his playcalling was supect at best, but that's not for me to decide.

It's good the players haven't given up on the team, though.

Nomad
12-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Armstrong on 1510 said one unnamed player he spoke to said that McDaniels had a split personality. You never knew what you'd get from McDaniel's day to day or moment to moment! This tells me he was overwhelmed with his job but had too much pride/immaturity to say so!

BeefStew25
12-07-2010, 10:03 AM
Lloyd used the term "erratic".

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Armstrong on 1510 said one unnamed player he spoke to said that McDaniels had a split personality. You never knew what you'd get from McDaniel's day to day or moment to moment! This tells me he was overwhelmed with his job but had too much pride/immaturity to say so!

You could be right, but given the pattern of behavior I think there is way more to it than simply being under a lot of pressure.

Nomad
12-07-2010, 10:16 AM
You could be right, but given the pattern of behavior I think there is way more to it than simply being under a lot of pressure.

I'm not right about anything, the player said it!

I believe McDaniels came in and the players bought into his system and then when McDaniels hit the first signs of adversity after the Balt game last year, he folded and didn't know how to handle it taking it out on players and FO staff!! Perhaps Bowlen saw this and the spygate sealed the deal!! I know I probably don't give Bowlen enough credit, but his reputation is on the line with this next hire!! JMO!!

Dirk
12-07-2010, 10:18 AM
I agree, let's keep this thread alive. Those of us who had to move away from Denver and/or never lived there don't get the local stuff so anything relevant please share. Good or bad.

Dzone
12-07-2010, 10:23 AM
Kiszla on dan patrick mentioned only one possible coach.Troy Calhoun. He also guaranteed that Tebow will start on dec 26 against houston...These game s will be like practice games. everyone auditioning for their jobs. Bowlen knows that a starting Tebow will pack the stadium

lgenf
12-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Kiszla on dan patrick mentioned only one possible coach.Troy Calhoun. He also guaranteed that Tebow will start on dec 26 against houston...These game s will be like practice games. everyone auditioning for their jobs. Bowlen knows that a starting Tebow will pack the stadium

Finally! TT

Jagsbch
12-07-2010, 12:14 PM
Kyle Orton: "Something had to change." :mad::mad::rolleyes::mad::mad:

GEM
12-07-2010, 12:19 PM

Go Broncs and God Bless....GB (squared) GB2

Rex
12-07-2010, 12:19 PM
Go Broncs and God Bless....GB (squared) GB2

Hey girl. How YOU doin?

GEM
12-07-2010, 12:23 PM
Hey girl. How YOU doin?

I'm much better today than yesterday. The dwarf is gone and things are looking up in Broncos Country. How's you?

shank
12-07-2010, 12:24 PM
I'm much better today than yesterday. The dwarf is gone and things are looking up in Broncos Country. How's you?

let's keep on topic here, you silly gooses.

Rex
12-07-2010, 12:27 PM

Hey. Clean it up.

GEM
12-07-2010, 12:31 PM

Hey Shank.....go borrow UR's lollipop. :D

shank
12-07-2010, 12:33 PM
Hey Shank.....go borrow UR's lollipop. :D

i tried. he said he didn't know if he had more, but that he'd try to get some. if he can't, i guess i'll just have to give him one of mine.

WARHORSE
12-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Guess I should throw in a BRONCOS BABY! in here just for good measure.:salute:

........oh, and to stay on topic.....um.....GB3 means GB 'cubed'

God Bless

Go Broncos

Good Bye..............................Josh.

:shocked:

:D

TXBRONC
12-07-2010, 01:31 PM
I'm not right about anything, the player said it!

I believe McDaniels came in and the players bought into his system and then when McDaniels hit the first signs of adversity after the Balt game last year, he folded and didn't know how to handle it taking it out on players and FO staff!! Perhaps Bowlen saw this and the spygate sealed the deal!! I know I probably don't give Bowlen enough credit, but his reputation is on the line with this next hire!! JMO!!

Perhaps.

The confrontations started well before the being of his first season and it was a pattern that continued through the season and into this one.