PDA

View Full Version : Adan Shefter on KOA says...

PAINTERDAVE
12-06-2010, 07:20 PM
... the biggest thing is the Spygate II deal.
That Bowlen was furious about it.
"They researched firing Josh "for cause" all last week." Shefter said.

Can't do it since the league exonerated him...
"the onfield struggles coupled with the videotaping did him in". Shefter

List of candidates, he was asked?

Shefter declines comment.

"they have not even picked an interim coach, let alone a list of candidates."

claymore
12-06-2010, 07:23 PM
... the biggest thing is the Spygate II deal.
That Bowlen was furious about it.
"They researched firing Josh "for cause" all last week." Shefter said.

Can't do it since the league exonerated him...
"the onfield struggles coupled with the videotaping did him in". Shefter

List of candidates, he was asked?

Shefter declines comment.

Bowlern was pissed for a whole week. That measn he has all his marbles! :woot:!!!!!!!!!!

jhildebrand
12-06-2010, 07:24 PM
There is also a rumor (good sources) that Bowlen wanted Tebow to play more this week and to start against the Cardinals and McDaniels refused.

Bowlen runs this show afterall.

elsid13
12-06-2010, 07:24 PM
Bowlern was pissed for a whole week. That measn he has all his marbles! :woot:!!!!!!!!!!

Or ran out of Crown Royal

G_Money
12-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Fascinating that Bowlen would give an interview that stated Josh was safe for 2010 and 2011 if they were trying to fire him for cause at the same time.

Glad to hear Bowlen was as pissed off as I expected him to be though. Losing isn't a problem in and of itself. Humiliating a proud franchise is.

Josh did both - and now he ain't here any more. Good to see you back, Mr. Bowlen. :salute: I was beginning to think you'd lost your pride in your Depends.

Go get us a coach AND A FRONT OFFICE worthy of the Broncos for 2011.

~G

PAINTERDAVE
12-06-2010, 07:27 PM
Man.. this is like a soap opera.

McD holds a presser saying he owes it to Orton and the gang
to keep going on the same track... best chance to win...

then BAM.

Fired.

It will certainly be interesting to see who is
getting the work with the first team under center this week.

jhildebrand
12-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Fascinating that Bowlen would give an interview that stated Josh was safe for 2010 and 2011 if they were trying to fire him for cause at the same time.

I said it at the time that it was a calculated move. Bowlen would have a public statement to point to in his defense if needed.

Glad to hear Bowlen was as pissed off as I expected him to be though. Losing isn't a problem in and of itself. Humiliating a proud franchise is.

Josh did both - and now he ain't here any more. Good to see you back, Mr. Bowlen. :salute: I was beginning to think you'd lost your pride in your Depends.

~G

Amen to the FO part.

atwater27
And for God's sake, separate the GM from the HC, and make them compatible and competent.

G_Money
There is also a rumor (good sources) that Bowlen wanted Tebow to play more this week and to start against the Cardinals and McDaniels refused.

This is one of many potential tipping points. If we're not gonna look to next year even when this year has died in a gutter and been covered in horseshit, then that straw laid on all the others could very well cause the firing.

If this was all Bowlen giving Josh enough rope to hang himself though...

3 million a year for the next two years buys a lot of rope, I guess.

Glad Josh's 6 million dollars worth of it finally ran out.

~G

shank
12-06-2010, 07:31 PM

looks like the team has named running backs coach Eric Studesville as interim head coach for the remaining four games of the season.

elsid13
12-06-2010, 07:35 PM

~G

Makes you wonder if some other piece of evidence didn't turn up

rcsodak
12-06-2010, 07:40 PM

link?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Watchthemiddle
12-06-2010, 07:40 PM
But ...bbb....but....bbb...but......bbb....but......bb bb....but......Bowlen has lost it......and ....bbbbbb...but....but.....but......bbbbb.....but ....Bowlen is crazy....

time to go find said thread where everyone thought Bowlen has lost his mind...

bbbbb....but...bbbb...but.....bbbb. but.......bbbbb

BroncoWave
12-06-2010, 07:41 PM
That measn he has all his marbles! :woot:!!!!!!!!!!

Now you on the other hand... :D

muse
12-06-2010, 07:42 PM
Hmm, in my mind Bowlen gave McD his vote of confidence and an hour later Ellis turns up with some new evidence or whatever. I know it sounds a bit stupid, but it'd explain the complete reversal. And Schefter said that they spent the last week trying to see if they could fire the guy for cause...in my mind Spygate sealed it. It also partially explains the timing, it's a lost season and our future HC isn't on the staff, unlike Frazier and Garrett in Minn and Dallas respectively who have a legitimate shot at the permanent HC gig. That's how I see it, anyhow. Without Spygate, it's just a lost season which was riddled with misfortune (injuries and #11).

jhildebrand
12-06-2010, 07:55 PM
link?
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Nope. It's a rumor. Just like the Calhoun talk.

I can tell you another rumor: The word around the team was Scarnecchia fell on the sword. He knew if he hadn't that 20+ people would lose their jobs and be tarred and feathered in the league. I can go into greater detail but it no longer matters.

rationalfan
12-06-2010, 07:57 PM

sources? at least, the media outlet reporting it?

dogfish
12-06-2010, 08:23 PM
excellent. . . it's great to know that bowlen still cares, and that sinking to the level of illegal videotaping isn't acceptable. . .

Northman
12-06-2010, 08:28 PM
Makes sense. It goes back to the character thing.

jhildebrand
12-06-2010, 08:35 PM
sources? at least, the media outlet reporting it?

Players and those close to the team.

scott.475
12-06-2010, 10:11 PM
So McD was exonerated, yet still had to pay $50 large? That's a real :confused:

TXBRONC
12-06-2010, 10:22 PM
So McD was exonerated, yet still had to pay $50 large? That's a real :confused:

There was no way the NFL could prove McDaniels looked at the video so he cleared of that however, he was suppose to report the violation immediately and he didn't that's why the League fined him.

scott.475
12-06-2010, 10:34 PM
There was no way the NFL could prove McDaniels looked at the video so he cleared of that however, he was suppose to report the violation immediately and he didn't that's why the League fined him.

I totally understand that, but "exonerated" means you are totally cleared. Failing to report the violation, I should think, would disqualify him from being truly "exonerated". I am clearly no lawyer and have no idea the intricacies, and maybe Pat's people have already looked into it, but having a coach who was previously part of a team that was shown to have cheated who fails to recognize the importance of reporting the exact same kind of violation when it happens to his own organization is nonfeasance. What does it actually take, I wonder, to fire one for cause?

Bosco
12-06-2010, 10:46 PM
Any link to this interview? Would like to hear it.

jhildebrand
12-07-2010, 12:21 AM
The Broncos spent the last week looking to fire McDaniels for cause.

It also is becoming apparent the NFL reserved the right to re-open the SPygate II file at will and or continue interviews. Word is they interviewed Scarnecchia late this past week. Maybe somtheing is coming from that.