PDA

View Full Version : Your dream Head Coach for Denver

Kapaibro
12-06-2010, 07:17 PM
Statements be damned.

If you could drag someone kicking and screaming to Denver to fix up this shit, who would it be?

underrated29
12-06-2010, 07:20 PM
Shannahan.
:hidebehindcouch:

Nomad
12-06-2010, 07:20 PM
One that will build us a dominate defense that has been missing for years now, starting with the draft and dline! One that will have an offense consistent in scoring in the red zone and implements a balanced attack on offense! Get us back to the playoffs!

I haven't the slighest clue!!!

MileHighCrew
12-06-2010, 07:21 PM
Cowher knows how to build a team. That is my choice, not the only choice but from where I sit today that is my answer.

Thnikkaman
12-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Not Cowher or anyone who has ever won a Superbowl as a Head coach. It hasn't been done yet, and I don't think it will ever happen.

Kapaibro
12-06-2010, 07:22 PM
Resurrect Vince Lombardi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

atwater27
12-06-2010, 07:25 PM
Cowher knows how to build a team. That is my choice, not the only choice but from where I sit today that is my answer.

And he knows DEFENSE. All his teams had monster defenses. His protege has a monster defense. We need a monster defense. We have been known for offense for decades. Now we need to be known for a monster defense. Cowher first, Gruden second, Fisher 3rd.

shank
me. i need a job.

jhildebrand
Give me Brian Schottenheimer with his father as GM with final say on all matters.

Championship

broncofaninfla
12-06-2010, 07:28 PM
Cowher, Gruden, Fisher, Kubes I'd be cool with any of those. Cowher is my first choice though.

Nomad
12-06-2010, 07:28 PM
me. i need a job.

You could get some of your roughneck buddies to come play defense.....they won't give a shit about rules!! it'll be like watching the Longest Yard with BR!!:D

Bosco
12-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Not a big fan of Cowher unless Dick LeBeau comes with him.

Watchthemiddle
12-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Orther - Harbaugh from Stanford.

Gruden likes his position
Cowher never has anything good to say about the Broncos
Kub's never did anything in 8 years in TX

Dungy, who knows if he wants to coach again but I would pay him the world to be in charge of drafting and player personel

Elway, not HC quality, but under Dungy could develop into a great GM.

Edmonton Bronco Fan
12-06-2010, 07:38 PM
Al Saunders.

MadMax
12-06-2010, 07:39 PM
I've been thinking about Harbaugh too, but I have to admit a big reason for that is the success his brother has had in Baltimore. Not to mention there have been a lot of college coaches fail miserably in the NFL the last decade.

What about John Fox from Carolina, a lot of writers have been saying he'll probably be fired this year?

jhildebrand
12-06-2010, 07:49 PM
Not a big fan of Cowher unless Dick LeBeau comes with him.

Dick LeBeau and his 30 years in Pittsburgh is the reason for their success on D not Cowher.

Dzone
12-06-2010, 07:50 PM
Put Troy Calhoun on that list. Mike Klizsa is saying his name all over the place. HIRE TROY CALHOUN...he is the best candidate...disciplined, air force graduate, etc etc..Bill Parcells was an air force HC

Dzone
12-06-2010, 07:52 PM
Dungy would suck as a HC. Too wimpy. Let him manage

Lancane
12-06-2010, 07:53 PM
John Elway: Vice Executive Officer/Advisor of Football Operations and Personnel

Brian Xanders: General Manager/Chief Officer of Football Personnel

Keith Kidd: Assistant General Manager/Chief Officer of Player Personnel

Dan Reeves: Head Coach

Mike Nolan: Assistant Head Coach - Defense

Don Martindale: Defensive Coordinator

Mike McCoy: Offensive Coordinator

:D

atwater27
12-06-2010, 07:54 PM

No offense, but BARF!!!

Dreadnought
12-06-2010, 07:58 PM
Gruden is my top choice, but I wouldn't mind Kube's getting a shot all that much. he has made Houston respectable, if not a powerhouse, and part of that is being dogged with hideously bad luck holding late leads the past two years. Some of that is coaching, part awful defenses (related to coaching, I know) but some just hideously bad luck. Anyways, wouldn't be the first guy who could learn and then perhaps succeed in a second gig.

G_Money
12-06-2010, 07:59 PM
I like Calhoun, I really do...but I don't think I want him to run the Broncos.

Though bringing the option to the NFL would make a badass out of Tebow.

Yes, Parcells did it, but he went to be a coordinator in the pros first. Calhoun was the OC under Kubes for what, a year? I dunno that that counts for me.

Part of being a pro coach is having great pro contacts to get quality assistants. Coming from a service academy will not afford him that.

Without a great defensive coordinator we're lost. I don't necessarily want a defensive head coach - I happen to think most head coaches who were DCs have trouble getting a better DC than themselves to take over, so we'd be better served having a head coach who can GET a great defensive coordinator to work for him.

I just don't think Calhoun has those contacts. I could be wrong.

~G

Lancane
No offense, but BARF!!!

And I suppose you prefer Kubiak or Dennison?

Reeves has a better playoff record then any other coach in Broncos history. Elway forgave him...so should we!

:lol:

broncotommy
I don't care at this point ! Cowher would be number #1, then Gruden at #2, and then Dungy. Could we pickup Shanny's contract? what's his buyout !!!!!

nevcraw
12-06-2010, 08:00 PM

you rock dude but this makes me want to hurt myself..

EMB6903
12-06-2010, 08:01 PM
Bill Parcells.

Known for coming in and rebuilding a run down organization... Always leaves a team a much better one then when he arrived.

Medford Bronco
12-06-2010, 08:01 PM
And he knows DEFENSE. All his teams had monster defenses. His protege has a monster defense. We need a monster defense. We have been known for offense for decades. Now we need to be known for a monster defense. Cowher first, Gruden second, Fisher 3rd.

This team has not had a great defense since 77

I would LOVE that. I know Balt lost last night but both Balt and Pitt can paly D the right way. I crave for us to have that again.

chazoe60
12-06-2010, 08:03 PM
I love the thought of Dungy. Don't think it will happen though. Of the realistic options I say Gruden.

Why do people love the slobbering dolt so much? That guy is the most overrated tard in the history of the NFL, well, next to the guy we just fired anyway.

Buff
12-06-2010, 08:11 PM
I say we hire Dan Hawkins and then go get Cody Hawkins in the draft.

EMB6903
12-06-2010, 08:13 PM
Dungy would suck as a HC. Too wimpy. Let him manage

As soft as people think Dungy is... players respect him... In fact I cant name another person in the entire league thats more respected then Tony Dungy.

When he talks people listen.

Dreadnought
12-06-2010, 08:14 PM

I would LOVE that. I know Balt lost last night but both Balt and Pitt can paly D the right way. I crave for us to have that again.

I'll quibble there. 1991 was a GREAT defense. Atwater, Smith, Mecklenberg, Fletcher - those guys were fun to watch and could hit a ton.

Dzone
12-06-2010, 08:14 PM
dan reeves..LOL...thats funny...Mcdaniels will end up as a raider assistant..mark my words

Dzone
12-06-2010, 08:16 PM
why would anyone mention Kubiak? He is a proven loser as a HC..come on...no way...

Bosco
12-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Dick LeBeau and his 30 years in Pittsburgh is the reason for their success on D not Cowher.

Exactly.

Lancane
12-06-2010, 08:21 PM
dan reeves..LOL...thats funny...Mcdaniels will end up as a raider assistant..mark my words

Don't blast the Reeves' man...I know he pissed off the masses by trying to trade Elway, but his win-loss record speaks volumes.

But, I don't think it will happen...but I like to be different or is it obnoxious? :D

Anyways...Gruden is the ideal candidate, I'll be more pissed if we do go after Calhoun or Frazier, I've got this nasty flavored coating in my mouth from the last unproven...remember what he did?

;)

BORDERLINE
12-06-2010, 08:25 PM
I would like to see Gruden
bring back M.Nolan
Hire Kubiak as O.C
Hire a top flight Special Teams Coach
Make Ben McD interim JANITOR for the last 4 games at Dove Valley

JONtheBRONCO
12-06-2010, 08:33 PM
Wait - if I get to pick any coach from that list... hands down, hands down - Dungy..

Gruden over Dungy?? No way - Dungy built Gruden's Tampa Bay squad that won the Superbowl. No he didn't coach it, but he went on to lead the Colts to multiple 10+ winning seasons, playoff berths (you remember - the team that destroyed our Broncos year after year) and eventually a ring.

Nothing against Cowher or Gruden - I really like both of them (as personalities) - but Dungy brings it all. He's the same guy who mentored Vick, Blount, and basically all the troubled athletes coming out of college or in the pro's, get their heads straight and play some lights out football. No sketchy character by that guy, someone you can trust - and a coach who wouldn't require full control of the entire football operations (Credit - Bill Polian. Few know he was the cornerstone for the Bill's 4 Superbowl runs and the early success the Carolina Panthers had as an expansion team in the 90's. And his drafting for the Colts -wow).

And for the Tebow lovers out there - think of how big of an impact Tony Dungy's faith could be if he was mentoring Tebow as a quarterback, professional and a student of the game? Would there be a better option out there? I don't think so. Gruden may have a man crush on Tebow, but in the long run - I'd take Tony Dungy. Very unlikely, very, very - but if thats my list, no doubt.

nevcraw
12-06-2010, 08:43 PM
I cannot verbalize the why but I have zero interest in Dungy.. make that negative interest..

as far as the next HC - he don't need to be sexy -- just good.. and that's first time I have used sexy and he in the same sentence..

Dzone
12-06-2010, 08:45 PM
al williams on 1043 just said Cam Cameron would be a good choice

Northman
12-06-2010, 08:47 PM
I still want Gruden as coach. But i feel like many others that a solid GM needs to also be in place.

Nomad
12-06-2010, 08:48 PM
I don't see Dungy coaching again!!

underrated29
12-06-2010, 08:50 PM
No dungy. NO airforce guy. No John Fox.............I will literally become the claymore of 2010 if they are hired. (meaning I will want to make love to topscribe and hate everything broncos head coach)

Gruden, frazier- i guess- I do not want to switch to the 4-3 again. I like the 3-4 and think it is better. Not fond of harbough either.....

Def no Shottenheimer. Parcells-eh ok....

We need someone who is NOT going to draft a QB#1, and give tebow a shot..Which I am sure will happen.

Northman
12-06-2010, 08:52 PM
why would anyone mention Kubiak? He is a proven loser as a HC..come on...no way...

I dont understand that either. He's had like 5 or so years to get that team the playoffs and has failed.

Nomad
12-06-2010, 08:53 PM
No dungy. NO airforce guy. No John Fox.............I will literally become the claymore of 2010 if they are hired. (meaning I will want to make love to topscribe and hate everything broncos head coach)

Gruden, frazier- i guess- I do not want to switch to the 4-3 again. I like the 3-4 and think it is better. Not fond of harbough either.....

Def no Shottenheimer. Parcells-eh ok....

We need someone who is NOT going to draft a QB#1, and give tebow a shot..Which I am sure will happen.

He needs to build the DEFENSE!!!!

Dzone
12-06-2010, 08:54 PM
Bring back John Ralston!!!

nevcraw
12-06-2010, 08:54 PM
I still want Gruden as coach. But i feel like many others that a solid GM needs to also be in place.

Grudes -- I think would be a good choice. He's got a lot to like and he know's Tebow. But if they picked a lesser it name after a solid search, I would be ok with it. -- There maybe a great coach in Russ Grimm or simular.

Can Joe Ellis not be involved as well?

No to Rob Ryan and no way too Cohwer

HORSEPOWER 56
12-06-2010, 08:56 PM
I want a solid EXPERIENCED GM and an EXPERIENCED HC. No more flyers on young, up and coming coordinators.

My dream lineup right now would be:

GM: Marty Schottenheimer - few guys in the NFL know personnel or can build a team like him. A true football guy.
HC: John Gruden - already knows and likes Tebow and contrary to popular belief, Gruden LOVES to run the ball. West Coast offense guy.
OC: Gary Kubiak (if he gets let go) - knows Denver, knows the expectations, learned offense and QBs from the best in the biz. West Coast offense guy who knows the importance of the running game but ain't afraid to pass, either.
DC: Wade Phillips - never HC material, but few can deny his ability to assemble and call the 3-4 defense. A players' coach that his defense will run through walls for provided you just don't make him solely responsible for the whole team.

Top 10 offense and defense in one year.

Can you say Championship???? :werd:

Lancane
12-06-2010, 08:56 PM
The problem is that a lot of analysts are mentioning coaches with Colorado ties.

What about...

Mike Nolan: Head Coach

Troy Calhoun: Offensive Coordinator

Greg Manusky: Defensive Coordinator

Jim Fassel: Assistant Head Coach/Quarterbacks Coach

WARHORSE
12-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Dick LeBeau didnt have much success as a headcoach in Cincy.

But alot of coaches havent had success in their first try.

I think anyone who has experienced being placed in charge, then being removed to a subordinate level will express how much you learn from that.

To experience the pressure of the position is huge.......ask McD.

A guy like Josh, that being, one with no HC experience, cannot visualize experience and have that alone be the teacher.

You cant tell someone what its going to be like when EVERYTHING that goes wrong is your fault, and expect them to be able to handle it.

Bowlen and Ellis knew this, yet rolled the dice.

Losing makes you a different coach, whether you want to be or not, because you tend to get a little desperate in your approach....and like a QB who has never thrown passes under a Steeler pass rush before will learn quickly.......watching tape of it is wholly different than being there and experiencing it. Any QB can connect when youre practicing with a red jersey on. But put any QB in the world under duress...and its a different story.

See : Peyton Manning.

Anyway....same thing goes with being a HC. Coaching when you have no pressure is different than coaching when you know youre the blame for everything when you lose.

I think the experience LeBeau had in with the Bengals will serve him well should he move to be a HC again.

He would be my choice at this point.

I believe McD will in fact one day be a tremendous HC.......but that will be for the future to decide.

Thank you for your efforts.

Its time to look forward to the new regime.

If not LeBeau..........Kubiak would be my choice.

Broncos Baby!

Northman
12-06-2010, 08:59 PM
The problem is that a lot of analysts are mentioning coaches with Colorado ties.

What about...

Mike Nolan: Head Coach

Troy Calhoun: Offensive Coordinator

Greg Manusky: Defensive Coordinator

Jim Fassel: Assistant Head Coach/Quarterbacks Coach

Lol, wow

Wouldnt that piss off McD to have Nolan come back and replace him.

Northman
12-06-2010, 09:09 PM
dick lebeau didnt have much success as a headcoach in cincy.

But alot of coaches havent had success in their first try.

I think anyone who has experienced being placed in charge, then being removed to a subordinate level will express how much you learn from that.

To experience the pressure of the position is huge.......ask mcd.

A guy like josh, that being, one with no hc experience, cannot visualize experience and have that alone be the teacher.

You cant tell someone what its going to be like when everything that goes wrong is your fault, and expect them to be able to handle it.

Bowlen and ellis knew this, yet rolled the dice.

Losing makes you a different coach, whether you want to be or not, because you tend to get a little desperate in your approach....and like a qb who has never thrown passes under a steeler pass rush before will learn quickly.......watching tape of it is wholly different than being there and experiencing it. Any qb can connect when youre practicing with a red jersey on. But put any qb in the world under duress...and its a different story.

See : Peyton manning.

Anyway....same thing goes with being a hc. Coaching when you have no pressure is different than coaching when you know youre the blame for everything when you lose.

I think the experience lebeau had in with the bengals will serve him well should he move to be a hc again.

He would be my choice at this point.

I believe mcd will in fact one day be a tremendous hc.......but that will be for the future to decide.

Thank you for your efforts.

Its time to look forward to the new regime.

If not lebeau..........kubiak would be my choice.

Broncos baby!

go broncos!!!!!!!!!!

SmilinAssasSin27
12-06-2010, 10:52 PM
MARTY!

How poetic would it be if Marty were able to finally win a title with the team he could never beat?

CrazyHorse
12-06-2010, 11:01 PM
MARTY!

How poetic would it be if Marty were able to finally win a title with the team he could never beat?

Only if we get his son Brian Schottenheimer as our offensive coordinator

SmilinAssasSin27
12-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Only if we get his son Brian Schottenheimer as our offensive coordinator

OK. done. wat's next on the agenda?

tomjonesrocks
12-06-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm so used to disappointment after disappointment I'm expecting something pretty lame. Besides nothing I've wanted in relation to this team has happened for years.

Cowher would be my first choice even though I don't think he has another Super Bowl in him. Gruden second, who I think *might* have another run--but can he build a defense?

I bet we get someone I've never heard of or worse though. I heard Wade Phillips is available...perhaps he'll look attractive again to Bowlen after McD...

broncophan
12-06-2010, 11:10 PM
God....I hate this......hell...we just went through this 2 years ago.......
I say Gruden though.....even though I hated him when he was the raider's coach...

Thank you McD for getting rid of Cutler while you were here....I don't agree with some of the other moves but....thanks again for getting rid of Cutler

tomjonesrocks
12-06-2010, 11:13 PM
I don't agree with some of the other moves but....thanks again for getting rid of Cutler

Though I often scratch my head at the opinions of many--this sentiment--especially after a year and a half of Orton--this is one I truly don't get...but whatever.

You know some teams go decades between quality QBs, right?

broncophan
12-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Though I often scratch my head at the opinions of many--this sentiment--especially after a year and a half of Orton--this is one I truly don't get...but whatever.

I sure do.....and the broncos are one of those teams....well.....working on it anyways....

eessydo
12-08-2010, 03:51 PM
Jeff Fischer is simply a winner.

Elevation inc
12-08-2010, 04:49 PM
harbaugh from stanford please.....guy really knows what a physical team is about

arapaho2
12-08-2010, 05:09 PM
I want a solid EXPERIENCED GM and an EXPERIENCED HC. No more flyers on young, up and coming coordinators.

GM: Marty Schottenheimer - few guys in the NFL know personnel or can build a team like him. A true football guy.
HC: John Gruden - already knows and likes Tebow and contrary to popular belief, Gruden LOVES to run the ball. West Coast offense guy.
OC: Gary Kubiak (if he gets let go) - knows Denver, knows the expectations, learned offense and QBs from the best in the biz. West Coast offense guy who knows the importance of the running game but ain't afraid to pass, either.
DC: Wade Phillips - never HC material, but few can deny his ability to assemble and call the 3-4 defense. A players' coach that his defense will run through walls for provided you just don't make him solely responsible for the whole team.

i would give my left nutt for that ....i aint useing it that much anyway these days

if bowlen wanted to turn this shit soaked boat around...that would be a spectacular staff

Kapaibro
12-08-2010, 05:12 PM
i would give my left nutt for that ....i aint useing it that much anyway these days

if bowlen wanted to turn this shit soaked boat around...that would be a spectacular staff

I concur!

except for the left nutt thing......you can have a couple of pounds of flesh from each boob!

Fan in Exile
12-08-2010, 05:34 PM
I would want Ron Rivera.

I think if we get a guy like Cowher or Gruden there's no way we can keep the personnel separate from the HC. I think Rivera has the Football knowledge and flexibility to be a head Coach. I also love that SD would fold when he leaves.

BroncoAV06
12-08-2010, 05:40 PM
Jesus so he can lead Tebow to thr promis land aka a Super Bowl Championship.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

dogfish
12-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Grudes -- I think would be a good choice. He's got a lot to like and he know's Tebow. But if they picked a lesser it name after a solid search, I would be ok with it. -- There maybe a great coach in Russ Grimm or simular.

Can Joe Ellis not be involved as well?

No to Rob Ryan and no way too Cohwer

russ grimm is possibly my top choice after gruden-- i think he'd be a great hire. . .

jhildebrand
12-08-2010, 06:09 PM
GM: Marty
HC Brian Schottenheimer/ or Gruden
OC Gary Kubiak
DC Wade Phillips

I would also take a separate GM and have Marty as HC just the same

HORSEPOWER 56
12-08-2010, 06:10 PM
russ grimm is possibly my top choice after gruden-- i think he'd be a great hire. . .

Russ Grimm is interesting. As a former O-lineman, at least he'd understand what's really important on O and D... and it's not the skill players...

I just really want a GREAT defensive coordinator if we get an offensive HC, or a to get a great defensive HC. I look at the current playoff teams in the AFC and every one of them except KC (5 out of 6) has a defensive guru HC and is built on defense.

In the NFC, the Eagles and Giants are tied for the East one with an offensive coach, one defensive. The Falcons, Bears, and Rams all have defensive minded HCs. The Saints and Packers are both offensively minded HCs with great DCs behind them.

That, to me, says we really need to fix the defense by whatever means necessary first and foremost. I want to compete for the playoffs sooner than later, and you do it with defense!

HORSEPOWER 56
12-08-2010, 06:11 PM
GM: Marty
HC Brian Schottenheimer/ or Gruden
OC Gary Kubiak
DC Wade Phillips

I would also take a separate GM and have Marty as HC just the same

That list looks terribly familiar... :D

RebelRocker
12-08-2010, 06:19 PM
It really depends on who we may bring in for a GM.

If we want an experienced HC, these are the two I'd want.
1. Bill Cowher
2. John Fox

If we go with another first timer, but have a STONG staff and FO around him, this is who I'd want.

1. Rob Ryan
2. Perry Fewell
3. Russ Grimm

BroncoStud
12-08-2010, 06:20 PM
Don't blast the Reeves' man...I know he pissed off the masses by trying to trade Elway, but his win-loss record speaks volumes.

But, I don't think it will happen...but I like to be different or is it obnoxious? :D

Anyways...Gruden is the ideal candidate, I'll be more pissed if we do go after Calhoun or Frazier, I've got this nasty flavored coating in my mouth from the last unproven...remember what he did?

;)

Does Dan Reeves even know what a 3 wide set is? Does he even know what position a "slot" plays?

Dan Reeves :lol:

BroncoStud
12-08-2010, 06:22 PM

Dude that would be the most amazing staff on the planet... Not sure how realistic it is but that would be simply awesome.

shank
12-08-2010, 06:24 PM
Dude that would be the most amazing staff on the planet... Not sure how realistic it is but that would be simply awesome.

haha i agree. that staff gives me a theoretical boner.

dogfish
12-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Russ Grimm is interesting. As a former O-lineman, at least he'd understand what's really important on O and D... and it's not the skill players...

I just really want a GREAT defensive coordinator if we get an offensive HC, or a to get a great defensive HC. I look at the current playoff teams in the AFC and every one of them except KC (5 out of 6) has a defensive guru HC and is built on defense.

In the NFC, the Eagles and Giants are tied for the East one with an offensive coach, one defensive. The Falcons, Bears, and Rams all have defensive minded HCs. The Saints and Packers are both offensively minded HCs with great DCs behind them.

That, to me, says we really need to fix the defense by whatever means necessary first and foremost. I want to compete for the playoffs sooner than later, and you do it with defense!

i absolutely agree with you that we need to focus on rebuilding the defense. . . i don't necessarily think we need a coach with a defensive background to do that-- obviously you're correct that we need to hire a good DC in that scenario. . .

i'm pretty sure grimm would understand that-- he's a pittsburgh guy, he knows the value of good defense. . . i do believe that as a former OL coach he would focus on building through the trenches (which we need), and i also suspect that he'd keep the 3-4 (which i also tend to prefer). . .

i like him as a candidate because he has the experience, even if he's not a flashy name. . . he's been an assistant head coach for not one but two teams that have been to the super bowl in the past decade-- he's no wet-behind-the-ears newcomer. . .

edit: FTR, ron rivera and perry fewell are my other top choices. . .

HORSEPOWER 56
12-08-2010, 06:31 PM

The title of the thread does contain the word "dream". :D

Ravage!!!
12-08-2010, 07:15 PM
GM/Head of Player Personnel: Schottenheimer. I"ve been talking about him as a GM for months. Love this guy. Don't think there is a guy in the NFL that has proved to build solid teams, time and time and time again. Knows the AFC West like the back of his hand.

HC: 1) Gruden. Another guy that knows the AFC west about as well. Tough, hard nosed coach that demands respect and hand EARNED respect. He gets along with players and coaches, and knows how to get the most out of below-to-tier QBs. His offensive system is perfect for a Tebow.

2) Jim Harbaugh. I didn't really much care for him as a player, but he's proved to know how to coach. Just as his brother has in Baltimore. Its in the blood, its in the family, and this guy knows how to deligate authority. He knows how to get the most out of players. Love Jim as a coach, and feel that this is the second limb of a coaching tree that I would ike to be a part of.

3) Russ Grimm. Anyone that was basically the front-runner for the Pittsburgh Steelers HC job, is a front -runner in my book. Hard nosed player, and tough coach that coaches a hard-nosed front. Would absolutely would perfectly with both Schottenheimer's.

OC: Brian Schottenheimer. Probably could only bring him here if he's named assistant/HC. May not work to have the father/son working at the top, but maybe having him as an OC/assist HC could worth with Gruden. But I know that Brian was around Marty, and if there is a guy I feel confident on a coach learning from, it would be Marty. Solid coaching skills with an unbelievable eye for detail and coaching. KNows how to deal with players and get the most out of them. Is Brian the same kind of guy? Certainly isn't a clone, but the running game in NYC is undeniable and Brian is getting the most from Sanchez.

2) Kubiak. I'm not overly excited about the idea of Kubiak back in Denver. But I think its a good match with Gruden's west coach offense.

DC: 1) John Fox
2) Wade PHillips
3)Clarence Brooks.
4) Keith Butler.

Bosco
12-08-2010, 07:53 PM
Brian Schottenheimer is not coming to Denver unless he's the head coach. He's under contract with the Jets and we can't even talk to him unless the Jets grant permission (fat chance) or we are interviewing him for the HC gig.

If we get DeCosta for GM, I'd be pretty happy with Gruden or Harbaugh provided they are able to mesh with the spread offense and don't try bringing back the goddamn zone blocking shit.

Dzone
12-08-2010, 07:54 PM
It is nice to dream. We can do that a lot right now...
It all could be a moot point if this Studesville runs the table. How could he not be #1 candidate if we win the next 4? Stranger things have happened. He may have the quality of leadership that was so lacking in mcd.

Juriga72
12-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Folks......

Minnesota has a great guy in Leslie Frazier..... He's getting a tryout right now.

Next year issues for Minny:
OLD D
Farvre going home to Mississippi with his sexter wang...
Jackson KNOWS he wont be back.

Defensive guru/ HC

dogfish
12-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Brian Schottenheimer is not coming to Denver unless he's the head coach. He's under contract with the Jets and we can't even talk to him unless the Jets grant permission (fat chance) or we are interviewing him for the HC gig.

If we get DeCosta for GM, I'd be pretty happy with Gruden or Harbaugh provided they are able to mesh with the spread offense and don't try bringing back the goddamn zone blocking shit.

what makes you think whoever the new coach is will want to run the spread?

Dzone
12-08-2010, 07:59 PM
Yep, I think Cleveland is still trying to find the next Otto Graham...LOL...gawd I hope we dont have to wait that long...

dogfish
12-08-2010, 08:01 PM
Folks......

Minnesota has a great guy in Leslie Frazier..... He's getting a tryout right now.

Next year issues for Minny:
OLD D
Farvre going home to Mississippi with his sexter wang...
Jackson KNOWS he wont be back.

Defensive guru/ HC

their old D is still a hell of a lot better than ours, which is old AND really bad. . . they give up 21.1 points per game-- we give up 27.8. . .

he's not leaving there for here, no chance. . . we had our chance at frazier when we interviewed him last year-- that opportunity has passed. . .

Juriga72
12-08-2010, 08:03 PM
Yep, I think Cleveland is still trying to find the next Otto Graham...LOL...gawd I hope we dont have to wait that long...

Uh.... You want to know why Chicago traded for Cutler?

#1- Over passing leader-
Sid Luckman 1939-1950
14,686 TOTAL yards passing

THATS why...... 50 years between Pro Bowl Qb's..... yikes

Juriga72
12-08-2010, 08:04 PM
their old D is still a hell of a lot better than ours, which is old AND really bad. . . they give up 21.1 points per game-- we give up 27.8. . .

he's not leaving there for here, no chance. . . we had our chance at frazier when we interviewed him last year-- that opportunity has passed. . .

Don't forget BOTH Williams are still looking at a suspension. Jared Allen sucks sober... I can dream!!!!!!! I can dream.......

Bosco
12-08-2010, 08:06 PM
what makes you think whoever the new coach is will want to run the spread?

I don't know that they will, which is my big concern right now. The prospect of someone coming in and trying to change us back into a West Coast/Zone Blocking team with the quarterback primarily under center is a little worrisome for me. All three of our quarterbacks are ideal for the spread system and have their roots there, plus we've spent significant resources on the receivers to run a three wide set as our base.

I don't know a whole lot about Harbaugh, but Gruden could probably adapt. Keeping Mike McCoy would go along ways towards easing my mind on the switch.

DenBronx
12-08-2010, 08:41 PM
Well Chucky would bring the heated rival back to the AFC West. He has bad intentions regarding the Raiders and that alone is reason enough to bring the guy in. He coaches with pure hate and thinks very morbid thoughts when the offense doesn't execute. Also, he is proven and has won a SB.

My other choices would be Cowher (run first and stop the run) or Harbaugh. But I think overall out of the three Gruden would develop Tebow into a Franchise QB that we now lack.

And...no I don't think we should consider anyone from the Shanahan tree to be HC.

I Eat Staples
12-08-2010, 08:44 PM
http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/15/1555/MW9DD00Z/posters/bill-cowher.jpg

DenBronx
12-08-2010, 08:59 PM
http://cache2.allpostersimages.com/p/LRG/15/1555/MW9DD00Z/posters/bill-cowher.jpg

I have a strong feeling Bowlen will not interview either Gruden or Cowher. He seems to be satisfied with 2nd or 3rd tier coaches. This franchise seriously needs some NFL experience at HC.

Someone remind me again why we dumped the Goodmans? They at least brought in alot of talent through the draft.

dogfish
12-08-2010, 09:05 PM
probably won't happen, but it really would be nice to bring back jim goodman as director of scouting or director of player personnel, under whoever the new GM is (i never got the feeling jim really wanted to be GM). . . sure, the '07 draft wasn't so great, but finding an all-pro pass rusher and a receiver with all-pro caliber talent with two 4th round picks is the stuff perennial contenders are built on. . . i'd freakin' love to have goodman back. . .

I Eat Staples
12-08-2010, 09:05 PM
I have a strong feeling Bowlen will not interview either Gruden or Cowher. He seems to be satisfied with 2nd or 3rd tier coaches. This franchise seriously needs some NFL experience at HC.

Someone remind me again why we dumped the Goodmans? They at least brought in alot of talent through the draft.

I completely agree with you, Cowher is the coach I want, not the coach I think we will get.

NameUsedBefore
12-08-2010, 09:06 PM
Jon Gruden or Leslie Frazier.

DenBronx
12-08-2010, 09:09 PM
probably won't happen, but it really would be nice to bring back jim goodman as director of scouting or director of player personnel, under whoever the new GM is (i never got the feeling jim really wanted to be GM). . . sure, the '07 draft wasn't so great, but finding an all-pro pass rusher and a receiver with all-pro caliber talent with two 4th round picks is the stuff perennial contenders are built on. . . i'd freakin' love to have goodman back. . .

Same here...they we're partially responsible for bringing in the likes of Cutler, Marshall, Sheff, Hillis, Clady, Harris, Kuper, Royal ect. Seems they knew offensive talent pretty good...maybe not so much with defense but maybe we could at least get a defensive minded GM and bring the Goodmans in as consultants to help with personel on offense.

dogfish
12-08-2010, 09:22 PM
Same here...they we're partially responsible for bringing in the likes of Cutler, Marshall, Sheff, Hillis, Clady, Harris, Kuper, Royal ect. Seems they knew offensive talent pretty good...maybe not so much with defense but maybe we could at least get a defensive minded GM and bring the Goodmans in as consultants to help with personel on offense.

i've never really felt that the accusations of the goodmans being unable to find defensive talent were valid. . . they missed on jarvis moss and tim crowder, big deal-- two high picks to work with over three years or more really isn't much of a sample size, especially when it was said at the time that jim bates had a lot of influence over the '07 draft. . .

whether they can draft defense effectively i have no idea, but i don't think they got much of a chance to prove it either way. . .

TXBRONC
12-08-2010, 10:02 PM
I don't know that they will, which is my big concern right now. The prospect of someone coming in and trying to change us back into a West Coast/Zone Blocking team with the quarterback primarily under center is a little worrisome for me. All three of our quarterbacks are ideal for the spread system and have their roots there, plus we've spent significant resources on the receivers to run a three wide set as our base.

I don't know a whole lot about Harbaugh, but Gruden could probably adapt. Keeping Mike McCoy would go along ways towards easing my mind on the switch.

Just as McDaniels had the freedom to switch scheme to a spread I have no problem switching back. Assuming we did switch back and none of our quarterbacks fit the system then I guess we better go get someone that can. Really good quarterback can adapt just as really good coach can. And I would take the zone blocking scheme which never Falled us over the fiasco McDaniels installed.

Italianmobstr7
12-08-2010, 10:05 PM
I want Rob Ryan.

Northman
12-08-2010, 10:06 PM
MARTY!

That would be poetic, then John could say to Marty "Welcome to the good side". :laugh:

Bosco
12-08-2010, 10:15 PM
Just as McDaniels had the freedom to switch scheme to a spread I have no problem switching back. Assuming we did switch back and none of our quarterbacks fit the system then I guess we better go get someone that can. Really good quarterback can adapt just as really good coach can. And I would take the zone blocking scheme which never us over the fiasco McDaniels installed.

Jeremy Bates and Shanahan had already copied alot of the spread offense concepts though, so the switch wasn't as drastic as it normally would have been though.

We'll have to see what happens though. We're still a month or so off from really having to worry about it.

Bosco
12-08-2010, 10:15 PM
That would be poetic, then John could say to Marty "Welcome to the good side". :laugh:

I would lmao hard.

TXBRONC
12-08-2010, 10:19 PM
Jeremy Bates and Shanahan had already copied alot of the spread offense concepts though, so the switch wasn't as drastic as it normally would have been though.

We'll have to see what happens though. We're still a month or so off from really having to worry about it.

No Shanahan was running spread formations well before Jeremy Bates came. In fact he was running spread formations back when he first took over as head coach.

Also if not that drastic then our quarterbacks should be able to adapt with problem should they not?

DenBronx
12-08-2010, 10:25 PM
i've never really felt that the accusations of the goodmans being unable to find defensive talent were valid. . . they missed on jarvis moss and tim crowder, big deal-- two high picks to work with over three years or more really isn't much of a sample size, especially when it was said at the time that jim bates had a lot of influence over the '07 draft. . .

whether they can draft defense effectively i have no idea, but i don't think they got much of a chance to prove it either way. . .

Word on the street is that Crowder is Tampas best pass rusher now. :laugh:

Elevation inc
12-09-2010, 08:38 AM

this is why I like harbaugh, he said himself he likes tebow and Im pretty confident he can mesh his offense with some spread stuff to ease the transition.....we need someone like that to keep some of our core players built for the spread and power running, hoenstly the spread is great we just need more diverse playcalling and balance, our offense rolls when we spread the ball...but sputters when we force it to lloyd all game.....

I also am fully on the Mike Mccoy for OC bandwagon...and we will get to see his playcalling the next 4 weeks which should be nice to evaluate

Elevation inc
12-09-2010, 08:42 AM

exactly they were money the last few years and on Jarvis moss, Bates was emphtaic about him being a neccesity for his scheme back in 2007....that call for moss was more shanny and bates than the goodmans, and crowder and thomas both have found steady footing...crowder is doing well in tampa now, in a scheme he actually fits, and thomas was the tenth rated 3-4 DE in the league untill his play time dropped the last 2 weeks for whatever reason...as a rotation guy(probally because bannan finally started playing well enough to match his contract:lol:)

BroncoJoe
12-09-2010, 11:17 AM
Threads like this lead to one thing:

Disappointment.

I am certainly not qualified or experienced enough to choose our next HC and will support whoever arrives until they give me reason not to.

Ravage!!!
12-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Of course the new coach coming in should use the core of the players we have here.. thats what coaches do.

VERY FEW in the NFL have ever tried teh complete, ridiculous, absurd, overhaul that McDaniels was doing.. and that is why he COMPLETELY fell on his smug face.

The next coach will be smarter, and use whats here...save a few spots. He's going to bring in vets, he's going to bring in young guys, he's going to draft players that need to be drafted. Considering our last idiot already removed the primary talent from the team, the new coach will only have to work around the few pieces we have here.

Good coaching.Surrounding staff that is knowledgeable. Letting your assistants do their job, and giving the responsibility to those that know THEIR jobs. All things we didn't see in the last regime that will be changed, when we hire a coach that actually knows what he's doing.

SOCALORADO.
12-09-2010, 11:45 AM
this is why I like harbaugh, he said himself he likes tebow and Im pretty confident he can mesh his offense with some spread stuff to ease the transition.....we need someone like that to keep some of our core players built for the spread and power running, hoenstly the spread is great we just need more diverse playcalling and balance, our offense rolls when we spread the ball...but sputters when we force it to lloyd all game.....

I also am fully on the Mike Mccoy for OC bandwagon...and we will get to see his playcalling the next 4 weeks which should be nice to evaluate

I will take Gruden or Harbaugh in a heartbeat!
As of now, those are my top 2 choices.
And Shottenheimer as GM would just rid me of all apprehension.
I mean, i think Martys a good guy. I have never really thought of him
as a jerk with players or the media. I think hes always shown himself to be
a good mentor and coach to his teams. And he knows how to field a solid, tough team that always plays hard the entire game for him.
I think he would be a great GM, and its the perfect time for him to become one. Plus, just the personal intensity he would have to beat the other AFC West teams, and especially the sparklers would be perfect for DEN, its players, and the fans! Man, talk about intensity! And i mean in everything he did. Not just helping by having this vast amount of knowledge to tap into for the coaching staff, but he would draft and make FA decisions based on the division, how it helps DEN, how it helps overall, and his long term decisions for the team. I like that aspect of Marty. I think DEN needs an injection of adrenaline!

Thnikkaman
12-09-2010, 01:08 PM

Disappointment.

I am certainly not qualified or experienced enough to choose our next HC and will support whoever arrives until they give me reason not to.

Unless its Cowher.

Kapaibro
12-09-2010, 01:43 PM

Disappointment.

The theme is to dream........

Not cold hard reality. We've had enough of the hard stuff, now it's time for marshmallow fluffies!

Buff
12-09-2010, 05:34 PM
I hope we at least interview Rob Ryan. I don't know if he'd get the job, but I like the Ryan old school smashmouth defensive style.

dogfish
12-09-2010, 05:35 PM
I hope we at least interview Rob Ryan. I don't know if he'd get the job, but I like the Ryan old school smashmouth defensive style.

you also dig rob's flowing locks, don't you?

Buff
12-09-2010, 05:38 PM

**** yeah, he might be the bigger badass of the Ryan brothers.

dogfish
12-09-2010, 05:43 PM
i wouldn't mind seeing him get an interview. . .

as i've said before, i'm fine with a first time head coach if we actually pair him with an empowered personnel exec. . . russ grimm, perry fewell and ron rivera are at the top of my list, but i'd be fine with ryan, or possibly even harbaugh in that scenario. . .

if bowlen's just pulling the wool over our eyes and the next coach is going to have all the power again, we really need to get jeff fisher or john fox. . . i'd honestly prefer the former scenario, but we absolutely can't hand the whole enchilada to a first timer again. . .

shank
12-09-2010, 05:44 PM

it makes me want to learn to french braid.

underrated29
12-09-2010, 06:08 PM
I am really starting to warm up to the frazier Idea. At first I was not very fond of it. But after taking some time to look at things, the vikings have done very good things. Solid on both sides of the ball, they just lacked a QB to lead them anywhere.

I doubt he opens up, but I would really like it.

dogfish
12-09-2010, 06:09 PM
I am really starting to warm up to the frazier Idea. At first I was not very fond of it. But after taking some time to look at things, the vikings have done very good things. Solid on both sides of the ball, they just lacked a QB to lead them anywhere.

don't get your hopes up-- he's 2-0 as interim, they'll have him signed to an extension before the end of the season. . .

book it. . . ;)

underrated29
12-09-2010, 06:15 PM
I know.

Dzone
12-09-2010, 06:16 PM
Hey has anybody heard what Mcdaniels is up to? Is he going to give any interviews? Has he got his ass out of Dodge yet?

Jagsbch
12-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Mike Leach

FanInAZ
12-09-2010, 07:51 PM

Reeves' record
Denver Broncos (Pre-Elway): 12-13-0 .480
Denver Broncos (With Elway): 98-60-1 .620 (Elway after Reeves: 63-33-0 .656)
New York Giants: 31-33-0 .484
Atlanta Falcons: 49-59-1 .454

Reeves' SB record
Denver Broncos (With Elway) Beat soundly, SB XXI; destroyed SB XXII & XXIV
Atlanta Falcons Destroyed by Elway & Denver Broncos XXXIII

Elways SB record after Reeves: Won SB XXXII & XXXIII

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/coaches/ReevDa0.htm

HORSEPOWER 56
12-09-2010, 08:16 PM
don't get your hopes up-- he's 2-0 as interim, they'll have him signed to an extension before the end of the season. . .

book it. . . ;)

If they don't, they are retarded. With the amount of teams potentially look for a HC this year, Frazier will get a gig somewhere else if Minnesota sleeps on him too long.

jhildebrand
12-09-2010, 08:29 PM

Frazier is who I wanted when the team hired McD :tsk:

horsepig
12-09-2010, 08:54 PM

High five Med!

TXBRONC
12-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Mike Leach

There is only one Mike Leach who belongs in the NFL and it aint the guy in your sig.

dogfish
12-09-2010, 10:06 PM
Mike Leach

Jags, what do you think about Sonny Lubick?

Dzone
12-09-2010, 11:20 PM
Hopefully Bowlen can nullify Mcdaniels contract for Mcdaniels disgracing the organization. In 2008 Al Davis fired Lane Kiffin "for cause," denying him the rest of his contract, accusing him of being a liar and disgracing the organization.