PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Marshall...ONE GAME!

Sassy
08-28-2008, 06:20 PM
According to Gary Miller from CBS4...

D1g1tal j1m
08-28-2008, 06:21 PM
http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/broncos.marshall.suspension.2.805638.html

Brandon Marshall's Suspension Reduced To 1 Game
Text 4broncos to 66247 sign up for CBS4 Broncos text alerts More Info
Reporting
Gary Miller
DENVER (CBS4) ― CBS4 Broncos Insider Gary Miller has learned that Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall's suspension by the NFL has been reduced.

Sources say Marshall will now only be suspended one game and one paycheck after he was initially suspended three games.

Marshall was summoned to Goodell's New York offices on July 18 to explain a series of off-the-field misdeeds over the past year, most notably his March 6 arrest on a domestic violence warrant filed by his former girlfriend in Atlanta.

Marshall's suspension is much shorter than those given Tank Johnson, Pacman Jones and Michael Vick under Goodell's watch.

Marshall emerged as quarterback Jay Cutler's primary target during a breakout 2007 season, catching 102 passes for 1,325 yards, but he's made news on and off the field since. In March he needed surgery on his right arm after he fell into a television set, he said, while horsing around with his brother.

turftoad
08-28-2008, 06:21 PM
Sweet !!!!!

underrated29
08-28-2008, 06:22 PM
That is the sexiest thing i have heard all week!!:beer:

BroncoJoe
08-28-2008, 06:23 PM
CBS4 Broncos Insider Gary Miller has learned that Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall's suspension by the NFL has been reduced.

Sources say Marshall will now only be suspended one game and one paycheck after he was initially suspended three games.

Marshall was summoned to Goodell's New York offices on July 18 to explain a series of off-the-field misdeeds over the past year, most notably his March 6 arrest on a domestic violence warrant filed by his former girlfriend in Atlanta.

Marshall's suspension is much shorter than those given Tank Johnson, Pacman Jones and Michael Vick under Goodell's watch.

Marshall emerged as quarterback Jay Cutler's primary target during a breakout 2007 season, catching 102 passes for 1,325 yards, but he's made news on and off the field since. In March he needed surgery on his right arm after he fell into a television set, he said, while horsing around with his brother.

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/broncos.marshall.suspension.2.805638.html

ktrain
08-28-2008, 06:24 PM
According to Gary Miller from CBS4...

One game....good deal That is the best possible scenario. Brandon gets a wake up call but it does not hurt the broncos that much.

tubby
08-28-2008, 06:25 PM
:rockon:

MOtorboat
08-28-2008, 06:25 PM
I hope he decides to celebrate by getting a ride from someone over to Cutler's house, having a beer with his quarterback and then getting a ride with the same someone who drove him there back to his house.

Den21vsBal19
08-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Result :D

Requiem / The Dagda
08-28-2008, 06:29 PM
He is the Marshall after all. HE MAKES DA RULES PUNKS.

NameUsedBefore
08-28-2008, 06:31 PM
Awesomething.

honz
08-28-2008, 06:32 PM
I declare win for me and my fandom, the Denver Broncos, and my fantasy team...oh yeah, and Marshall too. I truly believe that he is a good kid that has just made a few bad choices in his life.

Here's to Brandon being smarter in the future!:beer:

Timmy!
08-28-2008, 06:33 PM
:woot:

AgentOrange
08-28-2008, 06:34 PM
I hope he decides to celebrate by getting a ride from someone over to Cutler's house, having a beer with his quarterback and then getting a ride with the same someone who drove him there back to his house.
And NOT falling down in the driveway.

Slick
08-28-2008, 06:35 PM
This is great news. I just hope he doesn't treat it like a slap on the wrist. Keep your nose clean Brandon, your team needs you.

GEM
08-28-2008, 06:35 PM

As long as that someone isn't the ex girlfriend, I'm good with it. :D

Skinny
08-28-2008, 06:41 PM
This is great news. I just hope he doesn't treat it like a slap on the wrist. Keep your nose clean Brandon, your team needs you.I hope Jay's basement door locks from the outside.

D1g1tal j1m
08-28-2008, 06:42 PM
My advise to Cutler is to drive Marshall back to his house after each game this year and lock the basement door.

MOtorboat
08-28-2008, 06:43 PM
My advise to Cutler is to drive Marshall back to his house after each game this year and lock the basement door.

Bad news...Cutler has a walk-out basement. (j/k..HTF would I know?)

red98
08-28-2008, 06:48 PM
I wonder what all people who were saying "he shouldn't appeal"
and "he should just take his punishment" think now??

DenBronx
08-28-2008, 06:51 PM
this is great news! we can beat oakland with one hand tied behind our back but will need them both for san diego.

D1g1tal j1m
08-28-2008, 06:51 PM

They are probably thinking "Damn glad he didn't listen to me". Goes to show, you should always exhausts all options available to you. The options are put there for a reason, so glad to see Marshall will have the opportunity to thrash the Chargeless secondary...

tubby
08-28-2008, 06:52 PM

"I'm old. And my balls hang out my boxers."

weazel
08-28-2008, 07:30 PM
sweet!

topscribe
08-28-2008, 07:44 PM

Provided he doesn't depend on any of Marcus Thomas' friends . . .

-----

Stargazer
08-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Best thread to read today.

Glad it's only 1 game. Denver can get by Oakland without Marshall. Definately will need him against SD.

BroncoWave
08-28-2008, 07:53 PM
HELL YES! That made my day in light of having to evacuate for Gustav!

Requiem / The Dagda
08-28-2008, 07:59 PM
Word is he went to McDonald's and celebrated.

SmilinAssasSin27
08-28-2008, 08:00 PM
Very cool...just saw it on ESPN while watching USC/NCState

Tned
08-28-2008, 08:06 PM
I was in a meeting when I got the CBS text but I nearly let out a yell of joy. :D

Still going up against a tough secondary in Oakland without him, but it sure beats facing SD and Oak.

topscribe
08-28-2008, 08:09 PM
Word is he went to McDonald's and celebrated.

As long as he doesn't bring any bags home with him . . .

-----

dogfish
08-28-2008, 08:10 PM
oh, for reals??

hell yea!!! :woot:

:whoo:

AgentOrange
08-28-2008, 08:27 PM
As long as he doesn't bring any bags home with him . . .

-----
:lol: :lol: :lol:

G_Money
08-28-2008, 08:46 PM
Now Colbert's really getting cut.

~G

tboltzcali
08-28-2008, 09:06 PM
Congrats Bronco fans. Shanarat must have a swollen knees and a sore throat.

honz
08-28-2008, 09:12 PM
I smell fear.

underrated29
08-28-2008, 09:12 PM

Yessir.

Advise your team to bring the lube, because they are going to have all those symptoms and then some.:lol:

dogfish
08-28-2008, 09:26 PM

i thought merriman was the one with the bum knee?

Thnikkaman
08-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Excelent

http://www.mediabistro.com/unbeige/original/mr.%20burns.jpg

tboltzcali
08-28-2008, 10:44 PM
I smell fear.

Fear???? Hahahah nice come back champ.

tboltzcali
08-28-2008, 10:48 PM
i thought merriman was the one with the bum knee?

Yup, a bum knee. gunna be funny when he kills Cuffler with that bum knee. Whats your excuse gunna be then??? Im sure we will hear steroid brought back up. typical. 5 in a row soon.

red98
08-28-2008, 10:50 PM

sniff sniff? yup, FEAR!!

The Marshall is coming to take you down!!

honz
08-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Thanks, pal. You know the Broncos are on the rise and the Dolts have already peaked. It's alright though, I'd be scared too.

JONtheBRONCO
08-28-2008, 10:54 PM
Can I get a HELL *****EDIT***** YEAH!!! This is sweetness.

Italianmobstr7
08-28-2008, 10:59 PM
Great news. I was hoping that his suspension would get reduced. Glad to see it.

rcsodak
08-28-2008, 11:01 PM

Did you somehow link those people and the word "think" together? :rolleyes:

rcsodak
08-28-2008, 11:03 PM

go to skrewl much?

BroncoWave
08-28-2008, 11:05 PM
Did you somehow link those people and the word "think" together? :rolleyes:
Good point. The Broncos seem to have a pretty good track record of appealing things to the commish now.

Magnificent Seven
08-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Now! I am so relieved! Broncos will have Marshall for Chargers vs. Broncos game on Sept. 14th!

broncosfanscott
08-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Good point. The Broncos seem to have a pretty good track record of appealing things to the commish now.

I had a feeling he was going to win his appeal.

We start the season with the first two games against divisional opponents so I am glad we will have Marshall for at least one of them.

topscribe
08-28-2008, 11:30 PM
In BMarsh's response, he said he wants to spend his whole career in Denver. I
hope he still feels that way when it dawns on him that his salary for the year
is $445,000, and Colbert got a couple million just for signing up.

-----

broncosfanscott
08-28-2008, 11:35 PM

-----

A little birdy told me that number just might go up. ;)

Stargazer
08-28-2008, 11:37 PM

-----

He keeps himself clean off the field & continues to produce big numbers on the field, he'll make top 5 WR money very shortly.

scott.475
08-28-2008, 11:51 PM
I hope he keeps his head out now. If he makes the commish regret reducing the suspension, BMarsh will be gone for 8 weeks probably.

Frickin' dolts fans, are their own boards really so pathetic that they can't keep to themselves? But, since he brought up swollen knees, it makes me wonder how Merry-man really hurt his knee???

Medford Bronco
08-29-2008, 12:09 AM
And NOT falling down in the driveway.

Make sure he keeps the dog out of the way :lol:

Lonestar
08-29-2008, 12:10 AM
certainly better news than I expected..

Not sure what he told Goodell but it worked..

Now lets see if he can string together 15 or so games this year without hurting himself, or doing something incredibly stupid..

broncobryce
08-29-2008, 12:17 AM

What do you mean? Phyllis is the one with the BIG MOUTH and the BAD KNEES:laugh:

pnbronco
08-29-2008, 12:20 AM
Woo...hoo...2 happy nights in a row. I'm in San Diego this week and my hotel is right by the Chargers Stadium I sent a curse their way this am, hoping this the start of things to come..:D

dogfish
08-29-2008, 12:42 AM

-----

ssshhhhh!

Magnificent Seven
08-29-2008, 01:58 AM
Honestly, I have that good feeling about beating Chargers on September 14th. I believe in Broncos and Marshall will be back for that game. It is should be close game.

tboltzcali
08-29-2008, 02:10 AM
I hope he keeps his head out now. If he makes the commish regret reducing the suspension, BMarsh will be gone for 8 weeks probably.

Frickin' dolts fans, are their own boards really so pathetic that they can't keep to themselves? But, since he brought up swollen knees, it makes me wonder how Merry-man really hurt his knee???I know you guys were home for the playoffs. Or he shot up his knee with roids. Like i said, its gunna be awfully funny when he goes off on your boy Cuffler. But, dont worry bout us yet, you guys got a tough one next week. Good luck with that.

dogfish
08-29-2008, 04:44 AM
I know you guys were home for the playoffs. Or he shot up his knee with roids. Like i said, its gunna be awfully funny when he goes off on your boy Cuffler. But, dont worry bout us yet, you guys got a tough one next week. Good luck with that.

goes off on cutler? goes off on the cart is more like it. . . don't get me wrong, i'm not wishing injury on anyone. . .

too bad your coaching staff and front office don't seem to care one way or another. . .

hey, maybe roidman can show LT how to play through a little pain. . . . ;)

Thnikkaman
08-29-2008, 07:28 AM
I know you guys were home for the playoffs. Or he shot up his knee with roids. Like i said, its gunna be awfully funny when he goes off on your boy Cuffler. But, dont worry bout us yet, you guys got a tough one next week. Good luck with that.

You know what is going to be funny, when the other two tendons in his knee snap when they are trying to do the work for 4. If I was a Charger fan, which I am obviously not, I would be pissed at Merrioid for not electing to get the surgery. Of course, he may have moved up to using HGH, which if he is in for the whole season without any knee problems, would be the most likely case. Honestly, it would be a shame to see Merrioid be done after this year because he has the knees of a lame horse.

omac
08-29-2008, 08:06 AM
goes off on cutler? goes off on the cart is more like it. . . don't get me wrong, i'm not wishing injury on anyone. . .

too bad your coaching staff and front office don't seem to care one way or another. . .

Yeah, that's what really pisses me off with SD. Despite all he's done for them, they don't care if his knee gets permanently damaged. And I'm not even a Merriman fan.

BigDaddyBronco
08-29-2008, 08:27 AM
The Merriman thing is funny to me. Merriman is obviously a tough guy willing to play through pain, but he isn't very smart for jeopardizing his future. For him and the front office to push so hard to play you really have to start wondering about LDT's future. Why would everyone be so intent on playing this year? Could LDT be retiring?

Here that Charger fan, it's the window closing on your SB victory. :laugh:

Oh, and Marshall, good job convincing the commish that you're straightening up your act. Now go actually do it.

GEM
08-29-2008, 09:08 AM

Nah that's Merriman. ;) Take it to the smack section kiddo.

GEM
08-29-2008, 09:10 AM
Yup, a bum knee. gunna be funny when he kills Cuffler with that bum knee. Whats your excuse gunna be then??? Im sure we will hear steroid brought back up. typical. 5 in a row soon.

Injuries aren't funny, but I'm guessing by season end, some guy trying to make a name for himself is going to be gunning for those torn ligaments and put an end to the Steroid Dance. I won't find it funny, but after all the hype about that knee, it's bound to happen.

Watchthemiddle
08-29-2008, 09:16 AM
Injuries aren't funny, but I'm guessing by season end, some guy trying to make a name for himself is going to be gunning for those torn ligaments and put an end to the Steroid Dance. I won't find it funny, but after all the hype about that knee, it's bound to happen.

One bad cut chasing a QB or RB is all its going to take. I am still baffled by the decision.

jrelway
08-29-2008, 09:28 AM
yeesssssssssss!!!

GEM
08-29-2008, 09:42 AM
One bad cut chasing a QB or RB is all its going to take. I am still baffled by the decision.

It's a mix of passion and stupidity and the SD front office and ownership are selfish asses for allowing it to go on. They have an investment, but they aren't nurturing it for fear that the window is closing.

CoachChaz
08-29-2008, 09:47 AM
I dont think SD can really take any blame in this scenario. Merriman plays for them...he isnt owned by them. This decision is completely up to Merriman alone and all the team can do is support it one way or another. Seriously...we're really going to bash a team for not "forcing" a player to have surgery?

sanluis
08-29-2008, 09:48 AM
This is great news for you guys and gals. He is a great player and with Jay feeling better the rest of the NFL is going to have their hands full trying to stop Denver!

While it is not good news for me I still feel that one game is more appropriate and a fair punishment. Brandon seems like a good person and I hope he has learned from this and puts his past indiscretions behind him.

On a side note, now there are no excuses!!! :D

Thnikkaman
08-29-2008, 09:55 AM
This is great news for you guys and gals. He is a great player and with Jay feeling better the rest of the NFL is going to have their hands full trying to stop Denver!

While it is not good news for me I still feel that one game is more appropriate and a fair punishment. Brandon seems like a good person and I hope he has learned from this and puts his past indiscretions behind him.

Are you sure that you are a Chargers fan? I mean, that post had intelligence.

Mike
08-29-2008, 09:57 AM

Well, if it makes you feel better...just looked at the combined scores from the Broncos/Chargers game last year. Those were with Marshall. Denver has a lot to prove before I will think they can beat the Chargers.

broncobryce
08-29-2008, 10:13 AM

It would be a very bad idea for him to play against a cut-blocking team. (Denver) He has to get by a cut block or two to "go off" on Cutler. You think they won't be going for the knees? That is what a cut block does. Why would they not do it to him. Part of the game. So, I have a feeling you won't think anything is funny week 2 unless you keep smoking whatever you've been smoking.:coffee:

jrelway
08-29-2008, 10:17 AM

2 rings to none..do the math dolt fan. its all about championships..

Kaylore
08-29-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm still happy about this. :D

Krugan
08-29-2008, 11:53 AM
Looks like im one of the few that thinks the KID should have had to serve his whole suspension.

I see it as a life changing chance he could have had, but now its more like a little slap on the wrist and a warning of what might happen.

Oh well, lets hope he learns anyway, it might be pretty harsh having to sit out game one, but nothing like it would have been to watch his team take on 2 division rivlas.

Sigh, just a different point of view I guess.

honz
08-29-2008, 12:22 PM
Looks like im one of the few that thinks the KID should have had to serve his whole suspension.

I see it as a life changing chance he could have had, but now its more like a little slap on the wrist and a warning of what might happen.

Oh well, lets hope he learns anyway, it might be pretty harsh having to sit out game one, but nothing like it would have been to watch his team take on 2 division rivlas.

A suspension is a suspension. Is 1 game out of 16 really that much different than 2 out of 16? I don't think so. If he doesn't get the message with a 1 game suspension (and legal fees for the appeal) he wasn't going to get it with a 2 game suspension.

Lonestar
08-29-2008, 12:22 PM

No there are a few that see that the 3 weeks would have been more of a wake up call.. That this sets a precedent for more morons to think they can get away with being or doing something stupid..

I do not understand how any rookie over the past 5-6 years since they started having rookie orientation at the NFL level do not get it that this is a business and the image of the NFL is paramount.. That no matter how good you are certain standards are going to be meet or your toast..

Allowing pac man back in also IMO is a bad mistake..

Lonestar
08-29-2008, 12:24 PM
A suspension is a suspension. Is 1 game out of 16 really that much different than 2 out of 16? I don't think so. If he doesn't get the message with a 1 game suspension (and legal fees for the appeal) he wasn't going to get it with a 2 game suspension.

time will tell. this is not just about Marshall it is about being consistent with the rules..

CoachChaz
08-29-2008, 12:25 PM
No there are a few that see that the 3 weeks would have been more of a wake up call.. That this sets a precedent for more morons to think they can get away with being or doing something stupid..

I do not understand how any rookie over the past 5-6 years since they started having rookie orientation at the NFL level do not get it that this is a business and the image of the NFL is paramount.. That no matter how good you are certain standards are going to be meet or your toast..

Allowing pac man back in also IMO is a bad mistake..

Allowing PacMan in could be a great thing. it will either show that the suspension policy works or...it will blow up and the NFL will not be so lenient in the future. Jones has no game anyway other than special teams.

honz
08-29-2008, 12:27 PM
Didn't Pacman already serve his 1 year suspension? Why shouldn't he be let back in as long as he hasn't had any run-ins with the law in the past year?

Northman
08-29-2008, 12:28 PM

What i have to wonder though is did the fact that Brandon kept going to Goodell to try and knock it down played any part. Everytime Jones or Henry would meet with Goodell they would get themselves in more trouble. That hasnt happened with Brandon....yet. Im fine with it either way just so as long as he has his head on straight. If he screws up again he wont be as fortuante.

Lonestar
08-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Didn't Pacman already serve his 1 year suspension? Why shouldn't he be let back in as long as he hasn't had any run-ins with the law in the past year?

I think his was an indefinite suspension after numerous screw ups before/after and during meetings with Goodell..

Drill-N-Fill
08-29-2008, 12:56 PM

awww so much talent, yet so little to show for it. No wonder the cry baby wines like a little bitch. :eek:

dogfish
08-29-2008, 01:16 PM
It's a mix of passion and stupidity and the SD front office and ownership are selfish asses for allowing it to go on. They have an investment, but they aren't nurturing it for fear that the window is closing.

they don't have any long-term investment in him. . . his contract's up after next year, and all indications are that they're not going to re-sign him. . . they've got other contracts coming due, and they just extended his backup, several years before they needed to. . . they could care less about his future past '09-- they want to try to win while LT's still playing. . .

Are you sure that you are a Chargers fan? I mean, that post had intelligence.

took the words right out of my mouth-- you guys are beginning to see why we like the guy so much. . . hey san luis, you sure you're not ready to be a broncos fan? hey, we got marshall back early! things are looking up in denver. . . . :lol:

honz
08-29-2008, 01:25 PM
I think his was an indefinite suspension after numerous screw ups before/after and during meetings with Goodell..
I thought it was a 1 year suspension. If it was indefinite, then I feel the same way you do, but if it was only 1 year then he should be allowed back since he has kept his nose clean.

sanluis
08-29-2008, 03:16 PM
they don't have any long-term investment in him. . . his contract's up after next year, and all indications are that they're not going to re-sign him. . . they've got other contracts coming due, and they just extended his backup, several years before they needed to. . . they could care less about his future past '09-- they want to try to win while LT's still playing. . .

. . . . :lol:

Originally Posted by GEM

The safety of football has improved since the days when players routinely died on the field a century ago, but it's still a bloodied mess. Football is a conveyor belt: body in, body out. It always has been and always will be this way.

So please step off your judgmental perches regarding Merriman when he's simply a reflection of the reality of the sport.

This about sums it up on the Merriman front IMO.

Lonestar
08-29-2008, 03:29 PM
I thought it was a 1 year suspension. If it was indefinite, then I feel the same way you do, but if it was only 1 year then he should be allowed back since he has kept his nose clean.

perhaps it was a 1 year and he had to apply to reinstatement.. (but don't hold your breath) to be allowed to play again..

That sounds more like what IRC on hind site..

rcsodak
08-29-2008, 04:17 PM

Nah....Merriman won't play a down this year. It's all a ploy to get a new contract.... Mark my words.

Either that, or he's a bigger dumbass than he looks.

Lonestar
08-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Nah....Merriman won't play a down this year. It's all a ploy to get a new contract.... Mark my words.

Either that, or he's a bigger dumbass than he looks.

thought that was riodass..

sanluis
08-29-2008, 04:21 PM
took the words right out of my mouth-- you guys are beginning to see why we like the guy so much. . . hey san luis, you sure you're not ready to be a broncos fan? hey, we got marshall back early! things are looking up in denver. . . .

That's crazy talk ...:lol:

Thanks anyway Dog!

hamrob
08-29-2008, 04:29 PM

Allowing pac man back in also IMO is a bad mistake..Come on...he's a kid and he's learned a great lesson...with or without the suspension. When your QB speaks up and says you need to get it screwed on straight...you'd better wake-up...and quick.

Let's quit calling for more blood and do our best not to be hypocryts ourselves. I know, that when I was 22-23 yrs old, I was pretty cocky about things too. Hindsight being 20/20 I realize now that I was pretty darn stupid and awefully lucky.

Give the kid a break.

dogfish
08-29-2008, 05:03 PM
That's crazy talk ...:lol:

Thanks anyway Dog!

hey man, the door's always open. . . .

:beer:

broncosfanscott
08-29-2008, 07:54 PM

It seems like they are going to get everything they can out of him and then let him go.

Lonestar
08-29-2008, 09:02 PM
It seems like they are going to get everything they can out of him and then let him go.

I do not think Norv wants him to play all that much everything I have seen is they wanted him to have the surgery and be ready for next year..

omac
08-29-2008, 09:36 PM
I do not think Norv wants him to play all that much everything I have seen is they wanted him to have the surgery and be ready for next year..

Nah, in an interview, Norv said he expects Merriman to find ways to play, kind of like a rah, rah, rah thing. It's like manipulation through compliments, and it seems to be working, since Merriman is about to risk his career for one season.

Lonestar
08-29-2008, 10:10 PM
Nah, in an interview, Norv said he expects Merriman to find ways to play, kind of like a rah, rah, rah thing. It's like manipulation through compliments, and it seems to be working, since Merriman is about to risk his career for one season.

I had not heard that sorry to hear he would do that..

I hope in the back office they will talk some sense into him..

I'd give him a new contract based on incentives and tell him to take the next year off and come back and earn every dime that could make him the highest defensive guy in the league..

I think that is the reason he is wanting to play make as much as he can before he goes down..

Give him the incentive to get it down and come back next year.. all the while paying a god salary this year for rehabbing..

SmilinAssasSin27
08-29-2008, 11:12 PM
I had heard something similar. Word is Norv does believe the SD (or at least his own) window is closing so he wants to try to get the ring ASAP. W/ Phillip being pretty inconsistent, Gates getting banged up regularly and LT getting more wear and tear each year...the window may not be that big. I personally think a good D can carry a team thru transition on the O, but I'm also not Norv.

omac
08-30-2008, 12:48 AM
I had not heard that sorry to hear he would do that..

I hope in the back office they will talk some sense into him..

I'd give him a new contract based on incentives and tell him to take the next year off and come back and earn every dime that could make him the highest defensive guy in the league..

I think that is the reason he is wanting to play make as much as he can before he goes down..

Give him the incentive to get it down and come back next year.. all the while paying a god salary this year for rehabbing..

Sorry, in all fairness, that interview happened I think before he found out about the 2nd part of the injury. I haven't heard anything, though, about the front office or coaches advicing him to sit this season out.

The thing with SD is, they don't want to pay Merriman, because they believe they already have his successor, if i'm not mistaken, so I doubt they'd want to pay him a ton of money for rehabbing.

broncosfanscott
08-30-2008, 09:11 PM

The one thing that boggles my mind is that if Norv doesn't want him to play so he can get healthy for next year, then why doesn't he at least say something so that his knee doesn't get worse by playing. I know it is his knee and his choice, but come on.