PDA

View Full Version : What happens with Tebow?

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2010, 06:36 PM
Great decision by Bowlen, hopefully he doesn't **** this up and hire another "protegee" and give him all the power. I would prefer Bowlen fired himself but that won't happen.

This is my opinion on the search. How much does Tebow "help", or "hurt", the attraction level of this job?

I personally think Tim (Dennis Dixon v0.5) Tebow isn't going to amount to much of anything as a NFL QB, but he could be a very good player in skill specific packages.

Does Bowlen, or better yet whomever hires the next regime, demand that they work with Tebow, which I think severly limits the candidates, or do they give them the option to go with whatever direction they want (package a deal and get Luck...please!!)?

BroncoWave
12-06-2010, 06:39 PM
I think Tebow makes our job more attractive. Who wouldn't want to be the coach to mold Tebow into a star? And if the new coach comes in and thinks Tebow sucks, he can rebuild the team in his own image and use Tebow as a tradeable asset.

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2010, 06:43 PM
I think Tebow makes our job more attractive. Who wouldn't want to be the coach to mold Tebow into a star? And if the new coach comes in and thinks Tebow sucks, he can rebuild the team in his own image and use Tebow as a tradeable asset.

IMHO, I think Tebow makes it significantly attractive for some people, and not very attractive at all for others.

People are either very hot or cold on him. I would be curious to see which head coaches would want to actually put their job on the line in deveolping him, or not.

I really hope it's the latter of your comment, but that's just my own 2 cents.

vandammage13
12-06-2010, 06:44 PM
Now that I've had a few minutes to sit back and gather my thoughts, I think that having Tebow on the roster is going to make the job very attractive for Jon Gruden. He seems to be in love with Tim and I think Gruden might be chomping at the bit to get a chance to be the one to get credit for turning Tebow into a star QB.

I'm calling it now...Gruden will be the coach in 2011 (assuming there's a football season next year).

Slick
12-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Hopefully he gets to play some this year. We know what Orton is. Let's see what the kid can do. We've got nothing to lose.

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2010, 06:46 PM
I'd love it if Gruden got the job, and he's probably the only candidate out there I would trust in with his opinions on Tebow and actually root for the guy as Denver's next franchise QB.

BroncoStud
12-06-2010, 06:48 PM
Great decision by Bowlen, hopefully he doesn't **** this up and hire another "protegee" and give him all the power. I would prefer Bowlen fired himself but that won't happen.

This is my opinion on the search. How much does Tebow "help", or "hurt", the attraction level of this job?

I personally think Tim (Dennis Dixon v0.5) Tebow isn't going to amount to much of anything as a NFL QB, but he could be a very good player in skill specific packages.

Does Bowlen, or better yet whomever hires the next regime, demand that they work with Tebow, which I think severly limits the candidates, or do they give them the option to go with whatever direction they want (package a deal and get Luck...please!!)?

Please... If Kyle Orton can sniff a Pro Bowl then Tim Tebow can certainly succeed at this level. The same thing was said about Steve Young, who in case you missed it, is a member of the Hall of Fame as a QB...

BroncoStud
12-06-2010, 06:49 PM
IMHO, I think Tebow makes it significantly attractive for some people, and not very attractive at all for others.

People are either very hot or cold on him. I would be curious to see which head coaches would want to actually put their job on the line in deveolping him, or not.

I really hope it's the latter of your comment, but that's just my own 2 cents.

I think a Top 5 - 7 draft pick helps make this job attractive as well.

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2010, 06:50 PM
Please... If Kyle Orton can sniff a Pro Bowl then Tim Tebow can certainly succeed at this level. The same thing was said about Steve Young, who in case you missed it, is a member of the Hall of Fame as a QB...

I'm sorry, this is the worst logic I have seen in a long time. If Kyle Orton can sniff a Pro Bowl, then so should Akili Smi.....wait.

Also, Steve Young is a 1% chance of any analsys from any QB with similiar statistcis. If you're banking your opinion on a 1% chance, then I can't help you.

BroncoWave
12-06-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm sorry, this is the worst logic I have seen in a long time. If Kyle Orton can sniff a Pro Bowl, then so should Akili Smi.....wait.

Also, Steve Young is a 1% chance of any analsys from any QB with similiar statistcis. If you're banking your opinion on a 1% chance, then I can't help you.

So did you pull that 1% statistic out of your ass or are you deriving it from something factual?

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2010, 06:51 PM
I think a Top 5 - 7 draft pick helps make this job attractive as well.

This I can agree with. We could package this pick and Tim Tebow, and get the next John Elway in Andrew Luck!

Champion-ship!

MileHighCrew
12-06-2010, 06:52 PM
What happens with Tebow, he probably finally gets off the bench.

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2010, 06:53 PM
So did you pull that 1% statistic out of your ass or are you deriving it from something factual?

LMAO

Are you serious?

How many QB's have come in to the league since Steve Young? How many are HoF's? Now think history of the NFL = you justmight be on to something.

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2010, 06:54 PM
What happens with Tebow, he probably finally gets off the bench.

Hopefully this year he better so we can see what we actually have in him. I wponder if Bowlen is making an executive decision that he must start fro mhere on out. It would make sense from a business standpoint.

Bosco
12-06-2010, 06:54 PM
This is the part that concerns me the most. Not only did we have the offense basically built off what Tebow ran in college, but Josh, Mike and Ben put in alot of time getting Tebow ready to play.

Ideally, I'd like to see one of them (probably McCoy) stick around to run the offense and continue developing Tebow.

titan
12-06-2010, 06:57 PM
If Andrew Luck is there in the draft you have to take him, and decide what to do with Tebow. Luck is a franchise qb (Elway really likes him)

BroncoWave
12-06-2010, 06:58 PM
If Andrew Luck is there in the draft you have to take him, and decide what to do with Tebow. Luck is a franchise qb (Elway really likes him)

Hmm, I wonder why. They didn't go to the same college or anything.

BroncoStud
12-06-2010, 06:58 PM

I don't make up numbers. Tebow was MORE accurate as a passer than Orton was in college. He has a stronger arm. He works harder. He is more mobile. He is bigger. He is stronger. He blows Kyle away in their only comparable performances - NCAA.

So, once again, if Kyle Orton can succeed, a guy like Tim Tebow can as well.

Akili Smith was a 1 year wonder and had nowhere near the career that Tebow did in college. Steve Young would be the most comparable. Left-handed running QB that scouts said would make a better RB than QB at the NFL level.

In the end Steve retired the most highly rated QB of all-time. Not a bad way to show up the scouts.

BroncoStud
12-06-2010, 06:59 PM

We have 4 games to see if Timmy is a franchise QB. If he shows some moxy then why in the heck would you draft a QB #5 overall when you need so much help on defense?

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2010, 07:06 PM
I don't make up numbers. Tebow was MORE accurate as a passer than Orton was in college. He has a stronger arm. He works harder. He is more mobile. He is bigger. He is stronger. He blows Kyle away in their only comparable performances - NCAA.

So, once again, if Kyle Orton can succeed, a guy like Tim Tebow can as well.

Akili Smith was a 1 year wonder and had nowhere near the career that Tebow did in college. Steve Young would be the most comparable. Left-handed running QB that scouts said would make a better RB than QB at the NFL level.

In the end Steve retired the most highly rated QB of all-time. Not a bad way to show up the scouts.

This is the thing. Accuracy, arm strength, mobility, bigger, stronger, do not seem to have any substance in making arguments for great QB's. Brees has a noodle of an arm. Manning and Brady do not have cannons weither. In fact, there are a plethora of QB's, all who have these notches higher than Orton, have completely busted. The one common factor with "special" QB's is cerebral ability, like intelligence, and ability to make quick decisions.

We don't know if Tebow has the intelligence to play QB at the NFL level, he has never had to read coverages or even defenses. He's never even had to read blitzes. He has shown in the preseason that he does not make quick decisions, but that comes with playing at the pace of the NFL game, which he has not. I am not saying he will bust, but we don't know, nor can we say he will be great.

As far as your Steve Young comparison, he was probably 1 out of 100+ QB's to actually make it to the elite of elite. How many QB's have been compared to Steve Young, or John Elway, or any elite QB's actually live up to that billing? This is loike saying, "hey, Andrew Luck is like a young John Elway. When someone drafts him they are going to get the next John Elway." I'm sorry, but no they won't.

G_Money
12-06-2010, 07:11 PM
Comparisons to Steve Young should be as verboten as comps to Elway.

The man was INCREDIBLE.

Might as well compare any QB in the Arena League or the UFL to Kurt Warner.

Still, I'm one of those who thinks Tebow can succeed. Though now that I know Josh has been fired (worked sucked me away the last half hour) I now need to strip naked and run through the parking lot.

Excuse me.

~G

BroncoStud
12-06-2010, 07:15 PM
This is the thing. Accuracy, arm strength, mobility, bigger, stronger, do not seem to have any substance in making arguments for great QB's. Brees has a noodle of an arm. Manning and Brady do not have cannons weither. In fact, there are a plethora of QB's, all who have these notches higher than Orton, have completely busted. The one common factor with "special" QB's is cerebral ability, like intelligence, and ability to make quick decisions.

We don't know if Tebow has the intelligence to play QB at the NFL level, he has never had to read coverages or even defenses. He's never even had to read blitzes. He has shown in the preseason that he does not make quick decisions, but that comes with playing at the pace of the NFL game, which he has not. I am not saying he will bust, but we don't know, nor can we say he will be great.

As far as your Steve Young comparison, he was probably 1 out of 100+ QB's to actually make it to the elite of elite. How many QB's have been compared to Steve Young, or John Elway, or any elite QB's actually live up to that billing? This is loike saying, "hey, Andrew Luck is like a young John Elway. When someone drafts him they are going to get the next John Elway." I'm sorry, but no they won't.

One would think that Tebow is as cerebral as Mike Vick? Vick has turned out to be a solid NFL QB, possibly the best in the NFL at the moment... Brady and Manning do have strong arms. Brady there a 45 yard post last year with the flick of his wrist that got there in about 2 seconds, he can wing it when he wants to as can Manning.

Orton doesn't have near the arm or athleticism even those guys have.

I don't know if Tebow is worth a crap or not. We have 4 games to find out something, to evaluate his potential. If he looks utterly lost and out of place then I won't be against a guy like Luck. But if Tim shows enough to warrant a starting job next season, we HAVE to address the defense, simply have to.

Brees looked horrible his first few years in San Diego, by the way. He has a stronger arm than Orton and throws a sweet deep ball. What I like about Brees is that he ATTACKS defenses. Orton just takes what the defense gives him. Brees is always on the attack. You gotta have that mentality in the NFL.

PAINTERDAVE
12-06-2010, 07:15 PM
We need to see wha tTEbow has got... in order to know better what to do in the psrting draft.

It is a no brainer.

I think that is why Josh got fired.

He refused to develop the kid now that the season is over.

All these guys are playing for their jobs next season, now.

McD being so iinsistant that they need to play to let the guys win these meaningless games was just too much.

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2010, 07:20 PM
One would think that Tebow is as cerebral as Mike Vick? Vick has turned out to be a solid NFL QB, possibly the best in the NFL at the moment... Brady and Manning do have strong arms. Brady there a 45 yard post last year with the flick of his wrist that got there in about 2 seconds, he can wing it when he wants to as can Manning.

Orton doesn't have near the arm or athleticism even those guys have.

I don't know if Tebow is worth a crap or not. We have 4 games to find out something, to evaluate his potential. If he looks utterly lost and out of place then I won't be against a guy like Luck. But if Tim shows enough to warrant a starting job next season, we HAVE to address the defense, simply have to.

Brees looked horrible his first few years in San Diego, by the way. He has a stronger arm than Orton and throws a sweet deep ball. What I like about Brees is that he ATTACKS defenses. Orton just takes what the defense gives him. Brees is always on the attack. You gotta have that mentality in the NFL.

The needed cerebral skill of a QB cannot be judged unless you actually see him play. Vick is another exception. Who knows, Tim Tebow might be another exception, but until he actually shows to be exceptional on the field, we will never know.

I can measure Tebow's abilities with what he can show, such as arm strength, mobility, leadership, etc, but nobody can possibly say he can disect an NFL defense until he actually does it.

You could compare to Mike Vick. You could also compare him to Mike McMahon.

atwater27
12-06-2010, 07:31 PM
Trade Tebow and Orton, move up in the draft to get Andrew Luck. Yes, he is THAT good.

silkamilkamonico
12-06-2010, 07:32 PM
Trade Tebow and Orton, move up in the draft to get Andrew Luck. Yes, he is THAT good.

Could not have said it better myself! No disrespect at all to Tebow in this, but we're talking about someone who has higher grades coming out of college across the board than Peyton Manning.

Day1BroncoFan
12-06-2010, 07:34 PM
I think Orton should be more worried than Tebow. :nod:

broncohead
12-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I don't think Tebow will bring any offers worth taking. Nobody was willing to get him in the first round but us. Orton will be worth more but moving up to #1 shouldn't be a priority. This D needs help big time more then the QB

Tned
12-06-2010, 09:49 PM

Gruden has a man crush on Tebow.

BroncoWave
12-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Gruden has a man crush on Tebow.

Well all reports are saying that there is no chance that Gruden will be the next coach so he will have to continue to admire him from afar.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-06-2010, 09:54 PM

You draft him, then trade him to some team that really needs him for a shitwack of draft picks (Ricky Williams/Eli manning type scenario, anyone?)