View Full Version : Joe Mays and Dan Gronkowski to IR

dogfish
12-06-2010, 02:18 PM
hosina just twitted it. . . .

Denver_Broncos Joe Mays and Dan Gronkowski will be placed on IR. #fb
20 minutes ago via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Retweeted by JosinaAnderson and 3 others

http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson

aaand the hits keep coming. . . guess it's a "good" thing we're out of contention already, huh?

GEM
12-06-2010, 02:19 PM
What happened to Mays?

LordTrychon
12-06-2010, 02:21 PM
What happened to Mays?

He suffered from a case of mismatched intensity. Crossed the streams, as it were.

Seriously though... hope he's ok. I don't remember him getting hurt badly either.

BroncoWave
12-06-2010, 02:21 PM
What happened to Mays?

Knee injury.

Buff
12-06-2010, 02:22 PM
This week's matchup with the Cardinals will show us who is really serious about drafting in the top 5 next year.

dogfish
12-06-2010, 02:22 PM
What happened to Mays?

the overwhelming suckitude of this season bit him on the ass. . . . :tsk:

dogfish
12-06-2010, 02:23 PM
This week's matchup with the Cardinals will show us who is really serious about drafting in the top 5 next year.

we can take 'em. . . :laugh:

slim
12-06-2010, 02:24 PM
Oh God...McD making a top 5 pick?

I hope like hell he is no longer in charge of such decisions by next April.

BORDERLINE
12-06-2010, 02:25 PM
just read a report on theredzone.org
Derrick Anderson is being evaluated for a concussion
and Max Hall hurt his shoulder
They are left with John Skelton at Q.b if anderson can't go

McD Please don't make him look like the next Tom Brady
just like we made troy smith look like M.Vick

SMH

Nomad
12-06-2010, 02:26 PM

Alot of cash goes with a top 5 pick, I'll be shocked if Bowlen lets McDaniels take a player that high

Northman
12-06-2010, 02:26 PM
Damn, does it ever stop?

Northman
12-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Alot of cash goes with a top 5 pick, I'll be shocked if Bowlen lets McDaniels take a player that high

Unfortuantely, to get a gamechanger like Fairley we need a top 5 pick.

topscribe
12-06-2010, 02:28 PM

SMH

I was going to say, the other team being down to their 3rd QB is generally bad news for the Broncos . . .

-----

Nomad
12-06-2010, 02:28 PM
we can take 'em. . . :laugh:

McDaniels should come out and guarantee a win!!

underrated29
12-06-2010, 02:29 PM
Crossed the streams, as it were.

*dan akroid voice*

"Cross the streams :tsk:"

Dirk
12-06-2010, 02:35 PM
That sucks. I mean I know the season is all but over, but it sucks for them. I was just starting to really like Mays too.

MileHighCrew
12-06-2010, 02:37 PM
Joe was one of the few highlights from the past few week. Go figure

Dzone
12-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Damn, that sucks about Mays. He was a rare bright spot on that D.
Gronkowski was doing a good job blocking when he get his leg rolled onto.
Man, that would suck if a guy named Red Skelton kicks our butt on Sunday... But dont be surprised if he comes out and looks like Joe Montana against our D...lol

BroncoStud
12-06-2010, 03:04 PM

SMH

That's the worst thing that could have happened to Denver. Anderson is horrible, Hall is worse, and Skelton is an absolute stud coming out of college. No game film, no signals we can steal, we're screwed. Skelton is going to throw for 250, 2 TDs, and 1 rush TD.

On a more serious note, I REALLY hope Orton does not start that game. If there is EVER a game to start Tebow, this is it. Arizona is dreadful on defense, especially on the line.

Dzone
12-06-2010, 03:05 PM
This season has to go down as the worst in franchise history. The season started with a player suicide and its been downhill ever since...

KCL
12-06-2010, 03:06 PM
McDaniels should come out and guarantee a win!!

Maybe you should...you're good at that...:D

Nomad
12-06-2010, 03:07 PM
That's the worst thing that could have happened to Denver. Anderson is horrible, Hall is worse, and Skelton is an absolute stud coming out of college. No game film, no signals we can steal, we're screwed. Skelton is going to throw for 250, 2 TDs, and 1 rush TD.

On a more serious note, I REALLY hope Orton does not start that game. If there is EVER a game to start Tebow, this is it. Arizona is dreadful on defense, especially on the line.

The game is being shown here, so I hope McDaniels plays Tebow as well!!

Nomad
12-06-2010, 03:09 PM
Maybe you should...you're good at that...:D

It worked one time and that win seems like a fluke!! But ok, I guarantee we will beat the Cardinals!!:wave:

KCL
12-06-2010, 03:11 PM
It worked one time and that win seems like a fluke!! But ok, I guarantee we will beat the Cardinals!!:wave:

You do know...you just jinxed your team...:D

Nomad
12-06-2010, 03:15 PM

Nah, because I'll probably be working Sunday (shutdown/changing switch at this substation), so there's a good chance they'll win!! And the game is being shown here too!

BroncoStud
12-06-2010, 03:18 PM

Voodoo won't even work against McD's black magic.

broncofaninfla
12-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Sucks about Mays, he brought a good thump with him. He outplayed all of the ILBs this season IMO. Grokonksi or what ever his name isn't that good from what I've seen to date. No big loss IMO!

BroncoStud
12-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Does anyone else here think that DJ Williams his overrated and is out of position seemingly a LOT on defense? I think Mays might be the best LBer on the roster...

KCL
12-06-2010, 03:26 PM
Voodoo won't even work against McD's black magic.

well maybe you could get a voodoo doll of McD..isn't that what it's called...one of those dolls that you stick pins in.

BroncoTech
12-06-2010, 04:10 PM
I think DJ, Mays and Bannan were playing good the last few weeks. How can you not notice DJ is on about 2/3rds of all tackles?

Dirk
12-06-2010, 04:17 PM
DJ has flashes. One game he is all over the place making plays. Next he can be all over and not making a play. :lol:

BroncoStud
12-06-2010, 05:01 PM
I think DJ, Mays and Bannan were playing good the last few weeks. How can you not notice DJ is on about 2/3rds of all tackles?

Yeah what, 10 yards downfield?

To me he's like a Donnie Edwards who doesn't force turnovers. He's not a bad player but he isn't great either. All in all he's a guy that can help a defense but he isn't going to anchor a defense. IMO

NightTrainLayne
12-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Oh well, doesn't matter right? Everyone deals with injuries, so it doesn't matter who or how many players get hurt in a season.

/sarcasm

TXBRONC
12-06-2010, 06:18 PM
hosina just twitted it. . . .

http://twitter.com/JosinaAnderson

aaand the hits keep coming. . . guess it's a "good" thing we're out of contention already, huh?

Maybe this is why McDaniels is being hard headed about starting Tebow. He doesn't want him to end up on IR.

TXBRONC
12-06-2010, 06:19 PM
Yeah what, 10 yards downfield?

To me he's like a Donnie Edwards who doesn't force turnovers. He's not a bad player but he isn't great either. All in all he's a guy that can help a defense but he isn't going to anchor a defense. IMO

Stud who in front of D.J. is tying up blockers so the linebackers aren't having do deal this offensive linemen?