PDA

View Full Version : arapahos take on the game...week 13

arapaho2
12-06-2010, 12:32 PM
what is there to say...we are a bad team getting worse by the week, there isnt a glimmer of hope ....a shimmer of light...that isnt soon enveloped by waves of despair...i have never seen this team in a worse way for a long long time.

the entire concept of the patriot way that mcdoush so desparetly wanted to build is horrendous with this team. the move away from pure talent to "we want team oriented team first guys " is lost.

on to the game

THE GOOD
defense...was solid all game...they held a exploding offense to 10 friggen points.
champ was awesome!! he still is capable of shutting out good wrs
Haggen was a stud
moreno!! hard running...quick through the hole...a stud in that game

the bad

orton...serioulsy...how many balls can you throw in the dirt per game?? my veiws of his play being a conservative shallow field qb that can play well if every thing else works out dimmed over the first ten games...but it is back in a big way...he panicks,becomes highly inaccurrate and just isnt the answer in the long haul...5 completions in the first half isnt gonna cut it

offensive playcalling...flat out sucked....we put 49 points on this team a few weeks ago...and now cannot manage but 2 fgs?
other than the two end of half possesions...we had 10 meaningful possesions

7 punts
1 fumble
2 fgs
no matter how much the projosh group protests...this offense flat out is pathetic save a couple games...we cant score, seem easily diagnosed and very stagnat

in the end...our entire season is lost...we have to watch other teams with new coaches...raiders and cable...remember this is just his second year as official HC...KC...TB...Miami...rams...and see what good drafting...good freeagency and most importantly a good coach can do in a yr or two....while we sit and watch our team go from mediocre to flat out hideous

there now is not one legit reason to keep playing orton...we need to see what the rook has..if he is the future..the best we can hope is 7-9 if we win out...we all know we wont...so if tebow improves the ofense..we win out or win a half we see him as the future

if not

the real prize will come in the way of a new coach and a higher pick if tebow cannot improve the team

its tebow time

BORDERLINE
12-06-2010, 12:54 PM
orton had the worst game I have ever seen
if McD held hope to go 8-8 and maybe win the divison it's over now
so bring on Tebow...
next week againts an equally bad Arizona team, why not???

TXBRONC
12-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Some of it was the play calling on the sideline McDaniels clock management was horrid especially in the final 2:30 minutes of the game.

But most of the offensive problems in this game fall on Orton this time. Chiefs defensive backs had Lloyd covered better than shitty diaper but he still tried to force the ball into Lloyd's hands. This offense is supposedly so quarterback friendly that there's an open receiver every time the ball is thrown. You would think a quarterback that is supposedly as smart as Orton would get the idea that he needed to look for more than just Gaffney and Lloyd for most of the day. He only tried the ball to Royal on few occasions one was that desperation pass at the end of the game.

MasterShake
12-06-2010, 01:00 PM
Some of it was the play calling on the sideline McDaniels clock management was horrid especially in the final 2:30 minutes of the game.

But most of the offensive problems in this game fall on Orton this time. Chiefs defensive backs had Lloyd covered better than shitty diaper but he still tried to force the ball into Lloyd's hands. This offense is supposedly so quarterback friendly that there's an open receiver every time the ball is thrown. You would think a quarterback that is supposedly as smart as Orton would get the idea that he needed to look for more than just Gaffney and Lloyd for most of the day. He only tried the ball to Royal on few occasions one was that desperation pass at the end of the game.

I agree. I think our schemes and playcalling were actually pretty good. This fell on horrible execution by Orton.

arapaho2
12-06-2010, 01:02 PM

its that same issue people called marshall down for..."our offense will be better off without marshall being the entire passing offense"

just orton replaced marshall with lloyd...just as he did with marshall...he tries to force it to lloyd

arapaho2
12-06-2010, 01:03 PM
I agree. I think our schemes and playcalling were actually pretty good. This fell on horrible execution by Orton.

if our playcalling was good moreno woulda had 200 yards and 2 tds

broncofaninfla
12-06-2010, 01:05 PM
Good read Arapaho2, I think mucho props should go out to Champ too. IMO he played the best of any Bronco yesterday.

TXBRONC
12-06-2010, 01:08 PM
its that same issue people called marshall down for..."our offense will be better off without marshall being the entire passing offense"

just orton replaced marshall with lloyd...just as he did with marshall...he tries to force it to lloyd

That and Lloyd and Gaffney reverted back to forms that got them labled as journeymen receivers for all those years prior to this season.

jhildebrand
12-06-2010, 01:14 PM
This fell on horrible execution by Orton.

It falls on McDaniels for continuing to dial up long pass plays by Orton DESPITE everybody BUT McDaniels seeing that Orton was going to be off the entire game. The criticism should be more focused and sharp seeing how Moreno was gashing the Chiefs.

3 weeks in a row now that we have had a solid running game going-the biggest factor in our scoring-and McDaniels all but abandons it. Either the guy can't learn from his mistakes; or, he is so darn stubborn about his system and 'passing to win!' Neither one doesn't look too good.

jhildebrand
12-06-2010, 01:21 PM
I think mucho props should go out to Champ too. IMO he played the best of any Bronco yesterday.

Yep. Someone will notice Champ's play and pay the man. I have a feeling he ends up with the Jets next season. Can you imagine a secondary with Champ and Revis :eek:

Champ and LT go out as champs.

arapaho2
12-06-2010, 01:38 PM
Yep. Someone will notice Champ's play and pay the man. I have a feeling he ends up with the Jets next season. Can you imagine a secondary with Champ and Revis :eek:

Champ and LT go out as champs.

i think the only way champ stay here is if mcd is long gone

champ will be a hof'r sometime
he has a plethora of indevidule achievments

he needs a ring...and i doubt he will stay here knowing the way this team is moving unless we bring in a good coach...he might not even stay here if we change coaches because he wants to win the big one