PDA

View Full Version : A hint of the possibilities in front of us...

PAINTERDAVE
12-06-2010, 10:01 AM
Tim Tebow's Career highlights and awards
----------------------------------------
2× BCS National Championship (2007, 2009)
2× First-team All-American (2007, 2008)
1× Second-team All-American (2009)
3× First-team All-SEC (2007, 2008, 2009)
AP Player of the Year (2007)
Davey O'Brien Award (2007)
2× Maxwell Award (2007, 2008)
Heisman Trophy (2007)
NCAA QB of the Year (2007)
Manning Award (2008)
William V. Campbell Trophy (2009)

Passing Rushing
Season Team GP Rating Att Comp Pct Yds TD INT Sack Att Yds TD
2006 Florida Gators 14 201.7 33 22 66.7 358 5 1 0 89 469 8
2007 Florida Gators 13 172.5 350 234 66.9 3286 32 6 13 210 895 23
2008 Florida Gators 14 172.4 298 192 64.4 2747 30 4 15 176 673 12
2009 Florida Gators 14 155.6 304 213 70.1 2895 21 5 25 217 910 14
Totals 55 176.0 985 661 67.1 9286 88 15 53 692 2947 57

College awards and honors

2006 season
SEC All-Freshman Team[102]
SEC Freshman of the Week[103]

2007 season
Tim Tebow in 2007Walter Camp Foundation National Offensive Player of the Week[104]
Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week, three times[105][106][107]
Davey O'Brien Award winner[108]
Heisman Trophy winner
Maxwell Award winner[108]
Walter Camp Award finalist[109]
Sporting News Player of the Year
Harley Award winner
NCAA QB of the Year[110]
First-team Academic All-American[111]
Manning Award finalist[112]
Rivals.com National Offensive Player of the Year[113]
Rivals.com SEC Offensive Player of the Year[114]
First-team All-SEC (Associated Press,[115] Coaches,[116] Rivals.com[114])
Associated Press SEC Offensive Player of the Year[115]
Associated Press Player of the Year[117]
First-team All-American by: Associated Press, Football Writers Association of America, Walter Camp Football Foundation, Sporting News, Sports Illustrated, ESPN, CBS Sports, College Football News, Rivals.com, and Scout.com
James E. Sullivan Award, awarded to the Nations top amateur athlete[118]
Roy F. Kramer SEC Male Athlete of the Year.[119] Third Florida Gator to win this award, Danny Wuerffel (won twice) and Ryan Lochte.
ESPY for Best Male College Athlete[120]

2008 season
First-team All-America by College Football News.
Disney Spirit Award[121]
ESPY for Best Male College Athlete
Heisman Trophy finalist
Manning Award winner
Maxwell Award winner
Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Week[122]
2008 SEC Championship Game Most Valuable Player
First-team All-SEC (AP,[123] Coaches,[124] Rivals.com[125])
Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Year
Southeastern Conference Scholar-Athlete of the Year[126]
Wuerffel Trophy winner

2009 season
William V. Campbell Trophy (formerly the Vincent dePaul Draddy Trophy, "The Academic Heisman") winner
Lowe's Senior CLASS Award
Heisman Trophy finalist
First-team All-SEC (AP,[127] Coaches,[128] Rivals.com[129])
Second-team All-America (Walter Camp Foundation)
Southeastern Conference Offensive Player of the Year
Sugar Bowl Most Outstanding Player[130]
Sports Illustrated College football Player of the Decade[131]

Just sayin'....

Nomad
12-06-2010, 10:15 AM
We'll probably never know what kind of player Tebow is this season!!

PAINTERDAVE
12-06-2010, 10:18 AM
It kinda looks like the last two games,
at home, are the best possibilities for us to see what
Tim has under the hood.

2 more losses on the road...
they are gonna want to do something to fill up
those empty seats at the final two home games.

Gotta do something to sell beers and jerseys...

I expect that those two final games will finaly be
TEBOW TIME.

BroncoStud
12-06-2010, 10:18 AM
Now compare those accomplishments to Kyle Orton's at Purdue and it would be laughable, yet many still somehow feel that Orton can succeed in the NFL and Tebow cannot. Non-sense.

PAINTERDAVE
12-06-2010, 10:19 AM
Good point.

Dirk
12-06-2010, 10:21 AM
I'm all for letting Tebow finish the season.

If he is indeed the future then McD needs to find out what he has. I still think McD's future lies in Tebows hands and legs.

Nomad
12-06-2010, 10:28 AM

If he is indeed the future then McD needs to find out what he has. I still think McD's future lies in Tebows hands and legs.

I don't understand why McDaniels wouldn't play him from here on out!! It would definitely give the fans a little more excitement for Sunday's game vs the Cardinals!!

MasterShake
12-06-2010, 10:28 AM

I'm totally on board with this. I appreciate Ortons attitude and I love him as a player, but being mathematically eliminated means we are playing for next year anyway and the rest of the team is still playing for their jobs, too. I want to have at least SOME interest in the final games (not that I won't watch them) but now I am itching to see some Tebow. Its the perfect time, especially since Knowshon is playing better and can help slow things down for Tebow to help him adjust to the game. There will be no pressure and I think we can see a loose Broncos team have some fun, and it would be nice to see a QB who can actually escape pressure instead of running like he's in the mud as the ball gets stripped from behind.

Also, I agree that Tebow is McDaniels key to staying here. If he can do with him what he did with Orton, that could go a long way in repairing some of the damage.

Nomad
12-06-2010, 10:32 AM
I'm totally on board with this. I appreciate Ortons attitude and I love him as a player, but being mathematically eliminated means we are playing for next year anyway and the rest of the team is still playing for their jobs, too. I want to have at least SOME interest in the final games (not that I won't watch them) but now I am itching to see some Tebow. Its the perfect time, especially since Knowshon is playing better and can help slow things down for Tebow to help him adjust to the game. There will be no pressure and I think we can see a loose Broncos team have some fun, and it would be nice to see a QB who can actually escape pressure instead of running like he's in the mud as the ball gets stripped from behind.

Also, I agree that Tebow is McDaniels key to staying here. If he can do with him what he did with Orton, that could go a long way in repairing some of the damage.

Send this message to McDaniels ASAP!!

horsepig
12-06-2010, 10:39 AM
I'm all in.

Nomad
12-06-2010, 10:46 AM
If Tebow does get to play, what do you expect to see from him?!?!?

Nomad
12-06-2010, 10:53 AM
here's an article from the DP on Tebow and playing time!!

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16786425

Dirk
12-06-2010, 10:53 AM
If Tebow does get to play, what do you expect to see from him?!?!?

1. A more mobile QB
2. Growing pains
3. Not as many passing yards.
4. Excitement.

Krugan
12-06-2010, 11:12 AM
In all reality this is going to bad for Josh on alot of levels.

If Tebow comes in and lights it up, hes going to get a rash of grief for not playing him sooner.

If Tebow comes in and stinks it up, hes going to get blasted for more crappy draft choices.

Its a lose lose right now for Mcd with Tebow.

Of course this is just my opinion, and I base it pretty much off what ive seen and heard thru local media. They are the ones who will twist this tale into whatever suits the fancy.

Me I dont care at this point, 4 games left of meaningful football for me(not really interested in the rest of the league this year).

broncofaninfla
12-06-2010, 11:12 AM
I want to see what we have in Tebow and Quinn. It's about next season and has been for a while for those not in denial. Play all of the young guys Mcd. They may or may not save your job. The future is now, put the young players in and let's see who's worth keeping and who was a mistake.

MasterShake
12-06-2010, 11:47 AM
here's an article from the DP on Tebow and playing time!!

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16786425

Tumbling to the ground, Orton whipped a no-look pass to Knowshon Moreno, who had room to run but was stopped in his tracks by an official's whistle.

Orton had been ruled in the grasp before unloading the pass.

"I know I didn't touch the ground. I just didn't know if he had caught it, because I kind of threw it over my shoulder," Orton said.

"When I saw the guy blowing the play dead, I thought it must have been an incomplete pass or something. I certainly didn't think it was a sack."

If it were Michael Vick, Ben Roethlisberger or maybe even Tebow in the same situation, here's betting the official would have swallowed his whistle and seen if a playmaking quarterback could create a "SportsCenter" highlight from the chaos of a collapsing pocket.

Orton inspires no such suspension of disbelief.

Here's my theory: The official blew the play dead to protect Orton from getting hurt.

There's no compelling reason for Broncos owner Pat Bowlen to let McDaniels make a selection that figures to be among the top five in the next NFL draft, unless the coach can show proof taking a risk on Tebow in the last draft was a worthwhile gamble.

Read more: Kiszla: Playing Tebow gives fans some hope - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16786425#ixzz17LlqE1tt
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Those two quotes sum up my thoughts as a fan right now. Seeing what McD does with the offense is compelling to me and can't help but think (like others have brought up) what he can Cutler could have done together. Tebow is the second chance at what was pissed away in 2009, and I'd rather see an ugly game with a rookie than another ugly game with our current starter. I can accept a loss like that, what I can't accept is stubborness.

I am a pretty forgiving fan, and will give McDaniels one more year so long as he spends that year grooming what he drafted to be our future. The biggest problem all year is that we don't know what we don't know. We often would stop doing what we were doing best and it ended up costing us a season. If McDaniels forgets that what HE does best is grooming QB's, it will end up costing him his job.

I still think Josh has what it takes to be a good coach for us, but he needs a good GM and we need to draft/acquire a younger defense. If he can focus on what he does well, the other stuff will fall into place especially when we get players like Doom back next season. I know I am in the minority in my support, but I have to go with my gut on this.

My biggest thing is stop the lie. We are not and have not been a competitive team for about 3 seasons now. We lack that intangible, which is EXACTLY what many scouts and fans of Tebow claim he has. Lets see it.

I'll take the ugly rookie interceptions if I can see a 20 yard rumble after he escapes a sack. I'll take a couple passes skipped in the turf for that one gorgeous 20+ yard completion. What I will not take is the false perception that Orton gives us the best chance to win at this point. At this point wins are nice, but I just want to have fun again and see a glint of hope.

RELEASE THE TEBOW!

Dirk
12-06-2010, 11:51 AM
I 100% agree with you Shake...it's time.

I too am with the minority in giving McD another year. But that will fall if he doesn't show us why he drafted Tebow.

TXBRONC
12-06-2010, 12:19 PM
Read more: Kiszla: Playing Tebow gives fans some hope - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16786425#ixzz17LlqE1tt
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Those two quotes sum up my thoughts as a fan right now. Seeing what McD does with the offense is compelling to me and can't help but think (like others have brought up) what he can Cutler could have done together. Tebow is the second chance at what was pissed away in 2009, and I'd rather see an ugly game with a rookie than another ugly game with our current starter. I can accept a loss like that, what I can't accept is stubborness.

I am a pretty forgiving fan, and will give McDaniels one more year so long as he spends that year grooming what he drafted to be our future. The biggest problem all year is that we don't know what we don't know. We often would stop doing what we were doing best and it ended up costing us a season. If McDaniels forgets that what HE does best is grooming QB's, it will end up costing him his job.

I still think Josh has what it takes to be a good coach for us, but he needs a good GM and we need to draft/acquire a younger defense. If he can focus on what he does well, the other stuff will fall into place especially when we get players like Doom back next season. I know I am in the minority in my support, but I have to go with my gut on this.

My biggest thing is stop the lie. We are not and have not been a competitive team for about 3 seasons now. We lack that intangible, which is EXACTLY what many scouts and fans of Tebow claim he has. Lets see it.

I'll take the ugly rookie interceptions if I can see a 20 yard rumble after he escapes a sack. I'll take a couple passes skipped in the turf for that one gorgeous 20+ yard completion. What I will not take is the false perception that Orton gives us the best chance to win at this point. At this point wins are nice, but I just want to have fun again and see a glint of hope.

RELEASE THE TEBOW!

One of the beat writers for the Broncos last week (I think) was asked about McDaniels starting Tebow now. His answer which was partially based on the fact we had played the Chiefs yet said McDaniels would resist the urge to start him because his job is on the line and he thinks Orton gives the team the chance to succeed. If that's the case I couldn't disagree more with that line of thinking. We're now 3-9 with Orton starting even though he's having a career year IMHO that in no way, shape or form gives us our best chance to succeed.

Btw Shake with your final comment "RELEASE THE TEBOW" I couldn't help but wonder if you just finished watching "Clash of the Titans"? Tim being as big as he is might be tantamount to releasing the Kraken. :D

MasterShake
12-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Btw Shake with your final comment "RELEASE THE TEBOW" I couldn't help but wonder if you just finished watching "Clash of the Titans"? Tim being as big as he is might be tantamount to releasing the Kraken. :D

"Release the Tebow" is indeed a nod to the Kraken from Clash of the Titans. I will be sporting a new sig soon! :lol:

I don't watch much college ball and knew very little about Tebow other than he played for Florida and people either loved or hated him. I am curious to see what all the fuss is about either way now.

EDIT: Bonus points to you for using "Tantamount" in a sentence today. Very good!

Dzone
12-06-2010, 01:33 PM
It kinda looks like the last two games,
at home, are the best possibilities for us to see what
Tim has under the hood.

2 more losses on the road...
they are gonna want to do something to fill up
those empty seats at the final two home games.

Gotta do something to sell beers and jerseys...

I expect that those two final games will finaly be
TEBOW TIME.
I hope youre right! I just dont know if Mcdaniels would do that with Tebow. It makes too much sense.

BroncoStud
12-06-2010, 03:30 PM

RELEASE THE TEBOW!

Great post. You're right, I want to have fun watching the Broncos play again. I'm so sick of watching this debacle and not enjoying it. I'm so sick of people saying that Orton gives Denver the best chance to win... Win what? 3 out of 16 games? Orton isn't winning and the Broncos are not enjoyable to watch.

The product on the field sucks and just about the only hope we have for some excitement is to see Tebow sink or swim. He will make mistakes but if we get some of those "WOW" moments the losses will be much easier to take.

It's a no-brainer to me at this point to start Tebow.

This franchise and us fans owe Orton nothing, he is making a lot of money to lose games here in Denver.

Dirk
12-06-2010, 03:58 PM
This franchise and us fans owe Orton nothing, he is making a lot of money to lose games here in Denver.

I wouldn't go that far. Orton has played his heart out for this team. He doesn't deserve to be spat out. The defense lost a butt load of those games. Not Orton.

I would be completely thrilled if Tebow came in and IS the franchise and Orton stays to be the back up.