PDA

View Full Version : Why was McDaniels' dad on the sidelines?

Jake Klug
12-06-2010, 12:11 AM
Did they happen to explain why? I dont think I can ever remember seeing a head coaches father standing on the sideline like that?

BroncoBJ
12-06-2010, 12:14 AM
:lol: I agree. That was wierd imo. Usually you'll see a dad or parent in the stands and what not. But on the sidelines with the team. Never seen that before I don't think.

BeefStew25
12-06-2010, 12:14 AM
Bring your dad to work day.

Tned
12-06-2010, 12:23 AM
Did they happen to explain why? I dont think I can ever remember seeing a head coaches father standing on the sideline like that?

Most head coaches are 62, instead of 32, and their fathers are either dead or incapable of spending three hours standing on the sidelline.

Clearly he was there to see his son coach in the NFL. The high school FB season had just ended. What's the big deal? Are we going to critique his hair cut next?

Lancane
12-06-2010, 12:24 AM
Josh - "Look dad this is what I do for over three million a year!"

Dad - "So, you get your ass kicked and make over three million dollars yearly for it?"

Josh - "Yep...aren't you proud daddy?"

Dad - "I'm quite proud Joshy, what a good idiot son I have."

Josh - "Shucks daddy, I want you to be proud."

Dad - "I knew your mother dropped you on your head."

Josh - "Daddy do you want some free Broncos gear, it comes with the job!"

Dad - "Not really, I'm goddamn embarrassed by this."

Josh - "Why daddy?"

Dad - "You suck worse then your mother on our Prom Night."

Josh - "That's not possible daddy, my mentor was Billy Belichick, I was an offensive genius for Tommy Brady and that offense!"

Dad - "I need to go back to Ohio...my sons a freaking retard."

Josh - "Okay daddy, love you...bye-bye, I have an ass whooping to take!"

- end of disturbing transmission -

:lol:

BroncoBJ
12-06-2010, 12:27 AM
Most head coaches are 62, instead of 32, and their fathers are either dead or incapable of spending three hours standing on the sidelline.

Clearly he was there to see his son coach in the NFL. The high school FB season had just ended. What's the big deal? Are we going to critique his hair cut next?

:lol: Had a feeling this thread will probably take a bad turn at some point. People critique his every move. That is a good point though. Josh's dad is still at a normal age to be an NFL head coach now. Just was wierd to me though seeing him on the sidelines. I'm just use to seeing peoples parents in the crowd or what not.

gnomeflinger
12-06-2010, 12:50 AM
Maybe it was just in case someone did try to kick his butt, his dad would be there for back up?

ikillz0mbies
12-06-2010, 12:55 AM
Maybe Papa McDaniels is going to be the new HC of the Broncos?!??!!

dogfish
12-06-2010, 12:56 AM
guess we couldn't find anyone else who'd take an assistant position?

:whoknows:

i wonder if there's a mcdaniels that's a defensive genius?

gnomeflinger
12-06-2010, 12:58 AM
Josh McDaniels: "My dad can beat up your dad."

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
12-06-2010, 01:00 AM
To show that someone supports him?
Because he'd be ridiculed too much by fans if he sat in the crowd?
He wanted to and could?

If I'm 32 and I'm the head coach of the Broncos you can bet my mom, dad, brother, and sister would be on the sidelines. I would not acknowledge them once pre game warmups started until after the game

Ravage!!!
12-06-2010, 01:41 AM
Maybe he wanted to have a talking to with Haley in case Haley shook his finger at his son again?

Jake Klug
12-06-2010, 03:17 AM
OK, I guess they didnt get into why he was there.

OK, then. I was kind of wondering if maybe he was down there to, sort of, humanize Josh to the fanbase. Just a guess.

Lancane
12-06-2010, 03:31 AM
OK, I guess they didnt get into why he was there.

OK, then. I was kind of wondering if maybe he was down there to, sort of, humanize Josh to the fanbase. Just a guess.

I don't think it worked, the lynch-mob still is sharpening the pitchforks and the rope for the noose is done tied.

Jake Klug
12-06-2010, 03:37 AM
I don't think it worked, the lynch-mob still is sharpening the pitchforks and the rope for the noose is done tied.

Yeah, nothing is going to work...that doesnt mean they wont try however.

ogplife
12-06-2010, 04:59 AM
Deion Sanders can bring Mc Hammer on the sidelines during games, but Mcd's father a long time coach has no business on the sidelines to some people.

elsid13
12-06-2010, 05:39 AM
When I heard that it was McDaniels' Dad, my first thought was wondering when we hired him.

TXBRONC
12-06-2010, 06:37 AM

Having buzz cut is much easier to take care than other types.

TXBRONC
12-06-2010, 06:39 AM
guess we couldn't find anyone else who'd take an assistant position?

:whoknows:

i wonder if there's a mcdaniels that's a defensive genius?

His dad.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-06-2010, 08:37 AM
He figured that his dad would provide security... not from KC, they love McDaniels... but from Bowlen. Bowlen wouldn't fire him with his dad on the sidelines.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-06-2010, 08:39 AM
Deion Sanders can bring Mc Hammer on the sidelines during games, but Mcd's father a long time coach has no business on the sidelines to some people.

It's a little known fact that MC Hammer is/was a sideline reporter for the 49ers after he went bankrupt. He had to get a job somewhere...

Northman
12-06-2010, 08:39 AM
His dad had to see in person how much of a failure he is.

tsiguy96
12-06-2010, 09:36 AM
sorry, hate to ruin your parade but taht wasnt mcdaniels dad. it was an assistant strength coach. not sure why he got labeled as mcdaniels dad.

Northman
12-06-2010, 09:37 AM
Thanks Josh.

BroncoStud
12-06-2010, 10:04 AM
Bring your dad to work day.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: