PDA

View Full Version : The sad thing is

Northman
12-05-2010, 05:36 PM
Reality has set in. No matter how we finish the season its painfully obvious that Oakland and KC is worlds better than us. And SD is still in the thick of it. With all the the players that Oakland shifts in and out of their lineups year in and year out they are far better than us right now. It just sickens me when i know just two years ago we we competing for the title vs SD. :tsk:

claymore
12-05-2010, 05:37 PM
Reality has set in. No matter how we finish the season its painfully obvious that Oakland and KC is worlds better than us. And SD is still in the thick of it. With all the the players that Oakland shifts in and out of their lineups year in and year out they are far better than us right now. It just sickens me when i know just two years ago we we competing for the title vs SD. :tsk:

At least there is no false hope, and we can get on with firing McDaniels right away. No need to keep him around. Wink can take us to 1-2 more wins.

KCL
12-05-2010, 07:42 PM

Well North take it from a fan who has been there for too long...it sucks!!! KC has turned it around but still has a ways to go..to be honest I am pretty impressed with the Raiders in a way...winning all their games in the division this season so far...KC played horrible today...stupid penalties almost cost us the game and that ridiculous call on 4th and goal when Cassel got sacked...WTF was that? Glad we won but like I said there is still a lot of fixing to be had with the Chiefs.

silkamilkamonico
12-05-2010, 07:53 PM
Here I was upset throughout the entire 2000 that we were always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

I think now it's quite obvious, that you take John Elway on the field from this organizaiton, it always has been, and always will be a second rate organization.

Just do us all a favor and move in to LA already. Time to start over.

Lancane
12-05-2010, 07:54 PM
Here I was upset throughout the entire 2000 that we were always the bridesgroom, never the bride.

I think now it's quite obvious, that you take John Elway on the field from this organizaiton, it always has been, and always will be a second rate organization.

You really want Kroenke to move the Rams here to Denver don't you? :lol:

underrated29
12-05-2010, 07:54 PM
I completely disagree. They are worlds better than us this year. But overall they are not worlds better than us. Their defenses are better than us and that sure goes a long ways. Imagine how much better the broncos would be if we were able to knock 10 points off the opposing teams score.....

suddenly, the jax, jets, indy, 9ers, rams games are wins and we are 8-4 right now leading the division....

why 10 points, because that is how many more points a game our defense allows.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2010, 08:02 PM
Here I was upset throughout the entire 2000 that we were always the bridesmaid, never the bride.

Screw that effing noise.....

claymore
12-05-2010, 08:03 PM

If it ever happened, this would be the time to do it. I havent been this oblivious to a Broncos team since I was 7.

PAINTERDAVE
12-05-2010, 08:11 PM
I saw a ton of good things today.

The O-line...
champ...
decker...
mays...
Crikey - Moreno was on fire...
and in fact...
the whole team (other than Orton) looked pretty talented
and we were in the game right up till the end.

The BRONCOS will REBOUND next season... (or after the lockout)

This is just a bump in the road.
The darkness before the dawn.

Excited about the draft position.

pnbronco
12-05-2010, 08:16 PM

The O-line...
champ...
decker...
mays...
and in fact...

After the rain comes the sun comes out. (I just love that from Frenchie)
I saw a lot more good today and the D was really in the game today. They didn't beat themselves, for me it's sometime to build on.

silkamilkamonico
12-05-2010, 08:16 PM
You really want Kroenke to move the Rams here to Denver don't you? :lol:

I think it's more, I want this underachieving, disappointing, John Elway is the only great thing about it organization out, but, yea, I will compromise.

Ahh, the truth hurts, doesn't it? The only "competing" that has been going on in Denver since 2000 are salivating playoff teams hoping Denver somehow makes the playoffs so they can draw them in the first round....

TXBRONC
12-05-2010, 08:18 PM
After the rain comes the sun comes out. (I just love that from Frenchie)
I saw a lot more good today and the D was really in the game today. They didn't beat themselves, for me it's sometime to build on.

PN a veteran quarterback let the play clock run when they were in a position to score which in turn set up the strip sack by Hali. I love ya but I really do think that constitutes shooting ourselves in the foot.

silkamilkamonico
12-05-2010, 08:19 PM

The O-line...
champ...
decker...
mays...
and in fact...

This is the thing. If McDaniels somehow sticks around to coach another season, I actually would not be worried at all about the offense. It's the defense that's going to continue to be a black hole in this organization. I don't care how competitive it was today, this organization has not shown an ability to competively, on a consistent basis, on the defensive side. Our defense could very easily come out next week like a JV team.

Northman
12-05-2010, 08:24 PM

The O-line...
champ...
decker...
mays...
and in fact...

Interesting, all those things you've listed ive seen the last 5 years. Same ol' story. lmao

Ravage!!!
12-05-2010, 08:31 PM
This is the thing. If McDaniels somehow sticks around to coach another season, I actually would not be worried at all about the offense. It's the defense that's going to continue to be a black hole in this organization. I don't care how competitive it was today, this organization has not shown an ability to competively, on a consistent basis, on the defensive side. Our defense could very easily come out next week like a JV team.

Strange, cause today I saw us play against a division rival, and held them to MUCH fewer points than they average per game..... yet we scored 2 field goals.

If you ask me, I'm VERY worried about the offense under this coach.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2010, 08:32 PM
If it ever happened, this would be the time to do it. I havent been this oblivious to a Broncos team since I was 7.

I don't remember ever seeing one this bad. But this whole "we are a second rate organization" CRAP is just flat out bull-shietz.

silkamilkamonico
12-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Strange, cause today I saw us play against a division rival, and held them to MUCH fewer points than they average per game..... yet we scored 2 field goals.

If you ask me, I'm VERY worried about the offense under this coach.

If you like, I can point out significantly struggling performances from our vaunted 08' offense when our defense was playing good, yet nobody seemed to be concerned about that at the time.....ironic enough.

GEM
I think it's more, I want this underachieving, disappointing, John Elway is the only great thing about it organization out, but, yea, I will compromise.

Ahh, the truth hurts, doesn't it? The only "competing" that has been going on in Denver since 2000 are salivating playoff teams hoping Denver somehow makes the playoffs so they can draw them in the first round....

We haven't had a season like this since 1990. That's 20 freaking years. Good Lord...it isn't that bad. It's freaking terrible, but it ain't THAT bad.

HORSEPOWER 56
Passing stats be damned, our offense is just as putrid as our defense and share just as much of the blame for our record as the defense does. They NEVER get it done when the game is on the line. They've had multiple opportunities to take over games this season and just can't ever seem to finish. I blame the offensive playcalling along with not having any real leadership on offense from a player standpoint.

silkamilkamonico
12-05-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't remember ever seeing one this bad. But this whole "we are a second rate organization" CRAP is just flat out bull-shietz.

Well then, how would you be more specific with that? I mean, since the turn of the millenium, where does Denver rank in playoff wins? like.....25th? I don't know I'm asking.

BroncoWave
12-05-2010, 08:38 PM
Some of our fans need to change their tampons. One really bad season and we should move the team to LA? Good grief.

silkamilkamonico
12-05-2010, 08:40 PM
Some of our fans need to change their tampons. One really bad season and we should move the team to LA? Good grief.

Forget moving to LA I'm thinking......just do yourself a favor and fold....

:D