PDA

View Full Version : Happy about this loss

Foochacho
12-05-2010, 05:16 PM
Why the hell not. We won't be going to the post season and I want the Chiefs to get in over the Raiders or Chargers. I was happy that we were in it till the end, but I did not want to win. This was a big F.U. to Phillip Rivers. Now hopefully we can put the nail in the coffin at the end of the year and stomp the Chargers.

Today we,
1. Got a better draft poition.
2. Made Phillip Rivers cry.
3. Put McD one step closer to the boot.

Time to celebrate. :beer:

BroncoWave
12-05-2010, 05:18 PM
I can appreciate the positives from the loss (higher draft pick, hurt the Chargers, speed along Tebow era) but I will NEVER be happy about a Broncos loss. Give me the win any day of the week.

nevcraw
12-05-2010, 05:19 PM
I cannot concur. it's not in my DNA as fan of the broncos to do that but I am not hating on you for doing so.. to each his own..

rationalfan
12-05-2010, 05:19 PM
i will never understand the rationale of celebrating a loss. never.

Lancane
12-05-2010, 05:22 PM
I can appreciate the positives from the loss (higher draft pick, hurt the Chargers, speed along Tebow era) but I will NEVER be happy about a Broncos loss. Give me the win any day of the week.

Actually, I'm rather surprised by the high admittance by the fans on several boards, that they indeed wanted us to lose. I've never seen the likes of this anytime before now. The main reason so many hoped the team lost, was because they want McDaniels to be fired. If there was a most hated man in Colorado pro sports, I think he would be the one to get the honor.

nevcraw
12-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Actually, I'm rather surprised by the high admittance by the fans on several boards, that they indeed wanted us to lose. I've never seen the likes of this anytime before now. The main reason so many hoped the team lost, was because they want McDaniels to be fired. If there was a most hated man in Colorado pro sports, I think he would be the one to get the honor.

when hope is gone and you accept your fate -- that is a sad day..

Italianmobstr7
12-05-2010, 05:27 PM
I will never hope or root for a Broncos loss. Ever. I honestly have to question the "fans" that do regadless of the situation or "positives"

rationalfan
12-05-2010, 05:31 PM

i've seen it before when shanny was here too. fans would start wanting the team to lose for higher draft picks. curious how the uncertainty of the future earns a higher regard than the present.

Lancane
12-05-2010, 05:37 PM
I really can not blast those fans, because the truth is that we couldn't really get one objective done if the other objective succeeded. It's like trying to piss while standing on the back of a moving pickup truck and into 50MPH winds, the act negates the objective to simply piss and relieve one's self, because the chance is that you just pissed all over yourself.

Foochacho
12-05-2010, 05:39 PM
During the game I was never rooting against our team, but what's done is done. We lost and I personally see it as a positive, for the reasons listed above. Next week I will be rooting till the end but If we lose, Oh well. Playoff hopes are lost so winning only hurts us in draft position now. I want a stud Dlineman and we may need to be top 5 for that to happen.

The game against San Diego will be my super bowl this year, hopefully we kick their ass and kill any playoff chances. I hope it is on regular T.V. so I can throw a party for it.

BroncoStud
12-05-2010, 05:40 PM
If losing brings change, I'm all for it. What is 2010 when we have to think about 2011 and into the future.

This team needs change, needs a spark. Losing might be the only way to get it.

Foochacho
12-05-2010, 05:41 PM
By the way if anyone calls me less of fan I will E-kick you in the balls. You have been warned.:salute:

Mike
12-05-2010, 05:44 PM
I am happy that this loss takes us one step closer to getting rid of McD.

BroncoBJ
12-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Always a great day whenever the Broncos lose. :elefant: whooo hooo.

Lancane
12-05-2010, 05:47 PM

That's a little too happy BJ! :lol:

SmilinAssasSin27
12-05-2010, 05:49 PM
I will never hope or root for a Broncos loss. Ever. I honestly have to question the "fans" that do regadless of the situation or "positives"

As much as I generally don't root for losses just for the sake of improving draft position, I feel different this year. Usually, we at least have a shot at the playoffs. Sure, maybe when we falter it's easier to take the best from a crappy situation than to digest the giant flop, ala 2009. But this year is different. We are old on defense. We are uncompetitive even against the "weaker" teams of the NFL. I still don't root against my squad, but when the gun sounds and we have another L, I'm far from upset. This year, I want the pick...and here is why...

It's a whole big picture approach. I don't enjoy watching Denver lose, but at least now it serves a purpose. We either draft a mega-stud or we move back again acquiring numerous picks. From 2009 thru the 2011 drafts McD can completely remake this team and get it a lot younger. Opinions on him aside, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. As much as a Denver win feels good on Monday, it actually hurts the FRANCHISE at this point. We're 3-9. Is 7-9 with a pick in the teens gonna help us more than losing out? No. It actually hurts us. And losing may help those who want McD gone. This isn't college, where you recruit players. The draft is set up to help weaker teams improve quicker.

OrangeHoof
12-05-2010, 05:58 PM
I root for the Broncos to win but I realize some losses have fringe benefits. As soon as its over, I think about the fringe benefits if we lose - but I don't think about them during the game.

Foochacho
12-05-2010, 06:06 PM

Hey, I am aware of your sarcasm. You better put a cup on because I am watching you. :kickinballs:

BroncoNut
12-05-2010, 06:46 PM
I really can not blast those fans, because the truth is that we couldn't really get one objective done if the other objective succeeded. It's like trying to piss while standing on the back of a moving pickup truck and into 50MPH winds, the act negates the objective to simply piss and relieve one's self, because the chance is that you just pissed all over yourself.

why didn't you just say pissing into the wind without bringing the pickup into it. that was kinda confusing to me for awhile

BroncoNut
12-05-2010, 06:47 PM
Foochacho, is that you in your avy?

Lancane
12-05-2010, 06:53 PM
why didn't you just say pissing into the wind without bringing the pickup into it. that was kinda confusing to me for awhile

Like our team has been under McDaniels! :D

turftoad
12-05-2010, 07:00 PM

^^^^^ My thoughts exactly.

BroncoNut
12-05-2010, 07:02 PM
^^^^^ My thoughts exactly.

if we were going to lose (which we did), I'd rather have lost by much more than 4 points. Like another blow out that the Raiders put on us. that would have been pretty interesting for McDs situation

turftoad
12-05-2010, 07:03 PM
if we were going to lose (which we did), I'd rather have lost by much more than 4 points. Like another blow out that the Raiders put on us. that would have been pretty interesting for McDs situation

I agree with you too Nut!

Foochacho
12-05-2010, 07:22 PM
Foochacho, is that you in your avy?

You have a problem with midgets, with mullets and shitstains on there forehead?:tsk:

cuzz4169
12-05-2010, 07:40 PM
Ok we are out of the playoffs....so why win? for what? to prove what? I root for the broncos and hope we play well...but why go 7-9? and get the 16th to 20th pick...when say the organization wants someone that's gonna be picked at about 12th pick in the draft...you know how much you have to give up to get that position...but instead we win a couple extra games in a non playoff season why?...It doesn't make sense to me. With a team who needs their picks and could use an impact player it makes no sense. Us winning games and going 7-9 could set us back even more..we all know this team needs some defensive talent so say we get the 19th pick bc Denver wins a couple extra games and we miss out on a D-Line player like Haloti Ngata is that worth winning an extra 2 games and picking a player like Robert Ayers?

I don't root for Denver to lose but if they do im not as mad....And I understand how teams are built by not missing with picks.

TXBRONC
12-05-2010, 08:01 PM

If lose the remainder of games or most of our games but they are close I'm not so sure that will help McDaniels cause.

BroncoNut
12-05-2010, 08:23 PM
You have a problem with midgets, with mullets and shitstains on there forehead?:tsk:

Fooch, man, it's all cool. just asking

GEM
12-05-2010, 08:45 PM
I feel dirty right now....I was happy to hear the Raiders beat the Sparklers. Ugh...

Ravage!!!
12-05-2010, 08:50 PM

Bing-OH :beer:

Ravage!!!
12-05-2010, 08:50 PM
I feel dirty right now....I was happy to hear the Raiders beat the Sparklers. Ugh...

I love it when you are dirty

TXBRONC
12-05-2010, 08:51 PM
As much as I generally don't root for losses just for the sake of improving draft position, I feel different this year. Usually, we at least have a shot at the playoffs. Sure, maybe when we falter it's easier to take the best from a crappy situation than to digest the giant flop, ala 2009. But this year is different. We are old on defense. We are uncompetitive even against the "weaker" teams of the NFL. I still don't root against my squad, but when the gun sounds and we have another L, I'm far from upset. This year, I want the pick...and here is why...

It's a whole big picture approach. I don't enjoy watching Denver lose, but at least now it serves a purpose. We either draft a mega-stud or we move back again acquiring numerous picks. From 2009 thru the 2011 drafts McD can completely remake this team and get it a lot younger. Opinions on him aside, this isn't necessarily a bad thing. As much as a Denver win feels good on Monday, it actually hurts the FRANCHISE at this point. We're 3-9. Is 7-9 with a pick in the teens gonna help us more than losing out? No. It actually hurts us. And losing may help those who want McD gone. This isn't college, where you recruit players. The draft is set up to help weaker teams improve quicker.

We wont have our full compliment of picks going into this draft so even if we end with a top 5 or 10 draft pick their wont very much to add to it.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-05-2010, 08:54 PM

Me too. If it can't be us, I damn sure don't want it to be the Sparklers. I hate the Raiders as much as anyone but their win today helped out KC which, for me, is a good thing.

Tned
12-05-2010, 09:00 PM
Why the hell not. We won't be going to the post season and I want the Chiefs to get in over the Raiders or Chargers. I was happy that we were in it till the end, but I did not want to win. This was a big F.U. to Phillip Rivers. Now hopefully we can put the nail in the coffin at the end of the year and stomp the Chargers.

Today we,
1. Got a better draft poition.
2. Made Phillip Rivers cry.
3. Put McD one step closer to the boot.

Time to celebrate. :beer:

I'm not at ALL happy about the loss. However, the three silver linings I can find are:

Moreno is looking like the player many thought he would be coming out of college.
Better draft choice.
Two of my three 100:1 Ceasers Super Bowl tickets are still in play (KC and Jax).

Tned
12-05-2010, 09:01 PM

Yea, me too. I was watching part of that game and found myself rooting for the Raiders and then thinking, "you're rooting for the Raiders????"

Very uncomfortable feeling.

BroncoBJ
12-05-2010, 09:02 PM
I'm not at ALL happy about the loss. However, the three silver linings I can find are:

Moreno is looking like the player many thought he would be coming out of college.
Better draft choice.
Two of my three 100:1 Ceasers Super Bowl tickets are still in play (KC and Jax).

You really brought tickets for the Chiefs and Jags goin to the SB? or how does that work? Is it pay a dollar to win 100?

Lancane
12-05-2010, 09:03 PM
Yea, me too. I was watching part of that game and found myself rooting for the Raiders and then thinking, "you're rooting for the Raiders????"

Very uncomfortable feeling.

You should feel dirty Tned, you still support McDaniels...You trader!

:lol:

;)

Tned
12-05-2010, 09:11 PM
You really brought tickets for the Chiefs and Jags goin to the SB? or how does that work? Is it pay a dollar to win 100?

My cousin goes to Vegas every year the weekend before the season starts and I have him get me some tickets.

Yes, basically 1 gets you 100, or in my case, $20 gets you $2,000. I usually buy 2-4 real long shots (80-150+), a couple mid-shots, and the Broncos where ever they fall.

I have never "supported" McDaniels, beyond supporting his as the Broncos HC, like I support Orton as the Broncos QB, even though I think he has major limitations.

I'm just not irrational, with some mistaken belief that Bowlen and Ellis firing him in-season, will do anything other than appease angry fans.

Lancane
12-05-2010, 09:16 PM
I have never "supported" McDaniels, beyond supporting his as the Broncos HC, like I support Orton as the Broncos QB, even though I think he has major limitations.

I'm just not irrational, with some mistaken belief that Bowlen and Ellis firing him in-season, will do anything other than appease angry fans.

Just razzing you...well, a little, well maybe not really...oh hell get with it Tned, scream for blood, piss on their cars, go into a psychotic rage and beat thy enemies to gory covered pulps!

And you'll feel better! :D

Tned
12-05-2010, 09:20 PM
Just razzing you...well, a little, well maybe not really...oh hell get with it Tned, scream for blood, piss on their cars, go into a psychotic rage and beat thy enemies to gory covered pulps!

And you'll feel better! :D

Nahhh, I can't take logic out of things, I'm like the Spock of Broncos fans. I can't be an irrational, overly-emotional fan no matter how much I might want to.

Jake Klug
12-05-2010, 09:26 PM

:lol:

;)

Trader or traitor?

SmilinAssasSin27
12-06-2010, 11:19 PM
We wont have our full compliment of picks going into this draft so even if we end with a top 5 or 10 draft pick their wont very much to add to it.

we have our 1st and 2nd..and an additional 2nd from Miami. These are the rounds where the pick location matters most. Once the draft gets to round 3, many coaches start looking for fits and guys they have paid special attention to. I'll bet most lists are quite different as the draft goes on.