PDA

View Full Version : Fitting end to the season

ogplife
12-05-2010, 04:02 PM
My guess is Tebow will be the starting quarterback for the rest of the season. I think it is kind of ironic that with controversial draft pick, it will be Tebow who will have to save Mcd's job. My hope and prediction, we win 3 out of 4 with Tebow at QB and Mcd gets another year.

PAINTERDAVE
12-05-2010, 04:05 PM
From your lips to Josh's ears.

ogplife
12-05-2010, 04:06 PM
From your lips to Josh's ears.

Actually it was from my fingers to the computer.

silkamilkamonico
12-05-2010, 04:08 PM
My guess is Tebow will be the starting quarterback for the rest of the season. I think it is kind of ironic that with controversial draft pick, it will be Tebow who will have to save Mcd's job. My hope and prediction, we win 3 out of 4 with Tebow at QB and Mcd gets another year.

Or hopefully we lose so McDaniels gets fired, and Denver ships Tebow out there door along with him.

A man can dream can't he?

ogplife
12-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Or hopefully we lose so McDaniels gets fired, and Denver ships Tebow out there door along with him.

A man can dream can't he?

Hopefully Tebow starts the rest of the season and at least he changes your opinion. I am not a super Tebow fan, but I hope he is a good quarterback for the sake of the team.

silkamilkamonico
12-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Hopefully Tebow starts the rest of the season and at least he changes your opinion. I am not a super Tebow fan, but I hope he is a good quartberback sack for the sake of the team.

He would need to play excellent to change my opinion.

I don'[t hate Tebow personally, and I enjoyed watching him in college, but IMHO he's just not an NFL QB.

He's like a stronger/slower version of Michael Vick without Vick's rocket for an arm.

claymore
12-05-2010, 04:18 PM
So we are mathmatically out of the playoffs no?

BroncoWave
12-05-2010, 04:22 PM

Yes, that would be correct.

ogplife
12-05-2010, 04:24 PM
He would need to play excellent to change my opinion.

I don'[t hate Tebow personally, and I enjoyed watching him in college, but IMHO he's just not an NFL QB.

He's like a stronger/slower version of Michael Vick without Vick's rocket for an arm.

If the goal is to be a good QB and not a god as many people are hoping for, wouldn't that description equal a good/durable QB. What would be wrong with that. Being a poor mans version of the best QB in the league this year is not a bad thing, especially when you throw leadership in the mix also.

Jake Klug
12-05-2010, 04:26 PM
I dont see how Tebow makes McDaniels look good. If Tebow becomes the starter and starts winning because of it, that raises the question about why he wasnt starting sooner and McDaniels ability to judge talent.

That would mean that McDaniels didnt know what he had on the Oline with 2 rookies and also didnt know what he had at QB.

BroncoStud
12-05-2010, 04:28 PM
We won't see Tebow unless McDaniels gets fired tomorrow, which he won't because there is no one to replace him since he fired Nolan.

Jake Klug
12-05-2010, 04:30 PM
We won't see Tebow unless McDaniels gets fired tomorrow, which he won't because there is no one to replace him since he fired Nolan.

Unless this whole idea of McDaniels being evaluated on the remainder of the season is a farce.

Medford Bronco
12-05-2010, 04:31 PM

Only if we were in the NFC West we would not be:lol:

nevcraw
12-05-2010, 04:34 PM
Actually it was from my fingers to the computer.

cute

ogplife
12-05-2010, 04:35 PM
I dont see how Tebow makes McDaniels look good. If Tebow becomes the starter and starts winning because of it, that raises the question about why he wasnt starting sooner and McDaniels ability to judge talent.

That would mean that McDaniels didnt know what he had on the Oline with 2 rookies and also didnt know what he had at QB.

He played the rookies and now they are much better and we long term look like we will have a top ten O line. Lineman don't learn by watching film. What was his other option? As for Tebow. Would you really want your "future franchise QB" to start with the O line we had beginning of the season. Its obvious the line is 10 times better than they were beginning of the season. People have to be fair. He took the big risk on Tebow. If Tebow proves to be good (or show that he made good progress) in the 2-4 starts he will get for the remainder of the season, how can you not keep him for having the foresight to take him and also developing him over the course of the season. Even if you don't want him back. Wouldn't it be worth it to give him another year with Tebow and then dump him. We aren't winning a SB next year anyway, but if he brings out the best in Tebow we are set for the next ten year.

nevcraw
12-05-2010, 04:39 PM
I dont see how Tebow makes McDaniels look good. If Tebow becomes the starter and starts winning because of it, that raises the question about why he wasnt starting sooner and McDaniels ability to judge talent.That would mean that McDaniels didnt know what he had on the Oline with 2 rookies and also didnt know what he had at QB.

that's a stretch... nobody would fault him because orton had played well and knew the offense. Tebow would help keep but's in seats, which at the end of the day if the fans no show on the rest of the season, they will force Bowlen's hand.. so Tebow's presence alone and some good play could help save his job..