PDA

View Full Version : Wondering about Eddie Royal

bengaaaaals1688
08-27-2008, 07:48 PM
Obviously not a question that would be expected from me, and I'm sure there are many very long threads with everyone's opinion in it already, but I don't want to have to sift through the arguments and stuff so I'm starting my own thread, please bear with me.

How confident are you all in Eddie Royal putting up good/decent numbers this season?? I need to find another WR for my fantasy team, and I can't find someone that seems worth it.

MOtorboat
08-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Are you in my league that's drafting right now?

topscribe
08-27-2008, 07:53 PM
I think I read something where he has moved up to the middle rounds.

The writer said he would be a good investment, as I remember.

I have to agree with him about Fast Eddie. :2thumbs:

-----

bengaaaaals1688
08-27-2008, 07:54 PM
Are you in my league that's drafting right now?

No... I drafted last week, but I had to autopick my last 4 rounds or so and they got me 2 extra defenses and I have no extra WR's, and Royal is available.

bengaaaaals1688
08-27-2008, 07:55 PM
I think I read something where he has moved up to the middle rounds.

The writer said he would be a good investment, as I remember.

I have to agree with him about Fast Eddie. :2thumbs:

-----

Really?? He wasn't drafted in my league, then again some of the picks people made in my league were ridiculous.

Timmy!
08-27-2008, 07:57 PM
No... I drafted last week, but I had to autopick my last 4 rounds or so and they got me 2 extra defenses and I have no extra WR's, and Royal is available.

It depends on how your league is scored, but if he was available after a draft, he's a STEAL! In my 16 team 32 round keeper league draft this Sunday I'm expecting him to go something like round 10-15. Maybe earlier....it's hard to sneak Bronco steals with 6 Bronco fans in the league :tsk:

bengaaaaals1688
08-27-2008, 08:03 PM
It depends on how your league is scored, but if he was available after a draft, he's a STEAL! In my 16 team 32 round keeper league draft this Sunday I'm expecting him to go something like round 10-15. Maybe earlier....it's hard to sneak Bronco steals with 6 Bronco fans in the league :tsk:

My league is not scored on receptions, only yards and TD's.

Timmy!
08-27-2008, 08:05 PM
My league is not scored on receptions, only yards and TD's.

I'm assuming no points for return yard then? I'd still pick him up. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he gets something like 600-700 yards and 6-8td's. As the #2, I think those are pretty realistic expectations, especially with Marshall not around for the first 2 games.

WhatEver!!!
08-27-2008, 08:06 PM
Not seeing who is left on the board it is very difficult to pick Royal. I can not see him as anything but a 2 game show. For FANTASY..... He will be good to have the first two games of the season; after that I would not play him that often. BUT like I mentioned before I do not know what is on your boards so picking is very hard

claymore
08-27-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm assuming no points for return yard then? I'd still pick him up. I wouldn't at all be surprised if he gets something like 600-700 yards and 6-8td's. As the #2, I think those are pretty realistic expectations, especially with Marshall not around for the first 2 games.
Im expecting 500 yards ish. maybe 3-4 rounds. But if Punt and kick returns are scored. He is a stud. Im going to have a hard time not picking him up in my salary cap league.

bengaaaaals1688
08-27-2008, 08:10 PM

There are points for return yards... Is he still slated to be the top return man??

WhatEver... The only actually proven decent-good WR's left, without making a trade right now, are Deion Branch, DJ Hackett, Steve Smith(NYG), Randle El, Arnaz Battle, Demetirus Williams, and Ernest Wilford... Of which only Branch would be someone I actually would be happy having on my team.

Mike
08-27-2008, 08:14 PM
I expect 500-700 yards, 3-5 receiving TDs.

claymore
08-27-2008, 08:15 PM
There are points for return yards... Is he still slated to be the top return man??

WhatEver... The only actually proven decent-good WR's left, without making a trade right now, are Deion Branch, DJ Hackett, Steve Smith(NYG), Randle El, Arnaz Battle, Demetirus Williams, and Ernest Wilford... Of which only Branch would be someone I actually would be happy having on my team.

I would take Royal over all those guys.

bengaaaaals1688
08-27-2008, 08:16 PM
I would take Royal over all those guys.

Thanks... And as a clarification... I am going on the assumption that all of you can give me a non-biased expectation of what Royal will do for the season.:salute::D

Timmy!
08-27-2008, 08:17 PM

As of right now, I think he's still the #1 KO returner, not sure about punts. Depends on if Martinez gets cut. If he starts producing big time at WR, then they will probably take him off special teams, but either way you get points right? Of all the WR's you mentioned, the only one I'd consider taking above Royal is Branch. That's pretty much a toss up.

Timmy!
08-27-2008, 08:18 PM
I expect 500-700 yards, 3-5 receiving TDs.

Agreed. My 6-8 TD's were including special teams :D

bengaaaaals1688
08-27-2008, 08:24 PM
As of right now, I think he's still the #1 KO returner, not sure about punts. Depends on if Martinez gets cut. If he starts producing big time at WR, then they will probably take him off special teams, but either way you get points right? Of all the WR's you mentioned, the only one I'd consider taking above Royal is Branch. That's pretty much a toss up.

That's pretty much who it is between right now. Thanks for the input.:salute:

P.S. If I take Eddie Royal and lose my fantasy league... I'm putting all the blame on you guys.:D

Timmy!
08-27-2008, 08:31 PM
That's pretty much who it is between right now. Thanks for the input.:salute:

P.S. If I take Eddie Royal and lose my fantasy league... I'm putting all the blame on you guys.:D

So do we get credit if you win? :elefant:

bengaaaaals1688
08-27-2008, 08:32 PM
So do we get credit if you win? :elefant:

Only if Royal is a big reason why I win... If not then I give myself the credit.:coffee:

dogfish
08-27-2008, 09:56 PM

if you get points for return yards, i would absolutely take him over all of those guys, except for branch-- in his case, it depends on how willing you are to hold onto a guy that probably won't play to start the season. . .

royal is going to be an unquestioned starter here, even when marshall gets back (#2, obviously). . . he showed in the preseason that he can get seperation, has sticky hands and isn't afraid to catch the ball in traffic. . . he'll need to prove that he can get off the jam when the reall bullets start flying, but he's very strong for his size and shouldn't have a problem with it-- especially as his speed makes bumping him at the line pretty dangerous. . . our passing game is on the upswing, with a rebuilt line and a healthy cutler. . . none of those other guys has a starting spot locked up, and none of them are likely to get more opportunities. . .

i would expect royal to get somewhere between 45-55 catches, maybe 600-700 yards or so. . . and probably 4 or 5 TDs. . . the potential for more is there, but that's asking a lot of a rookie. . . i see him probably handling either punt return or kick off return, but not both-- at least not all year. . . he's very talented, but don't expect too much behind our atrocious "blocking"-- still, the fact that he'll get you an extra point or two per game almost by default increases his value, especially in comparison to a bunch of guys who won't get you extra points in the return game other than randle el. . . i don't like him as a starting fantasy WR, but he's the kind of high-upside pick that's definitely worth having as depth at the end of your bench. . .

ApaOps5
08-27-2008, 09:58 PM
Obviously not a question that would be expected from me, and I'm sure there are many very long threads with everyone's opinion in it already, but I don't want to have to sift through the arguments and stuff so I'm starting my own thread, please bear with me.

How confident are you all in Eddie Royal putting up good/decent numbers this season?? I need to find another WR for my fantasy team, and I can't find someone that seems worth it.

I would draft him in the lower rounds. He will be productive but once the playbook expands exponentially he will kind of bog down until he gets a grasp. That said I would play him the first 2 weeks while Marshall will be out as he should get plenty of balls.

The over\under for him in Vegas is 400 receiving yards. I would take the over if I were a betting man.

topscribe
08-27-2008, 10:04 PM
Really?? He wasn't drafted in my league, then again some of the picks people made in my league were ridiculous.

As I mentioned, that is how I recall it. I didn't stop to read it very carefully,
however, since I'm not into FF. So I can't guarantee it.

-----

slim
08-27-2008, 10:08 PM
He will not be a good fantasy WR this year (no rookies are).

bengaaaaals1688
08-28-2008, 12:19 PM
As I mentioned, that is how I recall it. I didn't stop to read it very carefully,
however, since I'm not into FF. So I can't guarantee it.

-----

I was just surprised that he was drafted that high... It's not often that rookie WR's are drafted any higher than the 9th or 10th round. I do appreciate your input, too.:salute:

bengaaaaals1688
08-28-2008, 12:20 PM

The questions about rookie WR's are the biggest reason why I posed this question to you guys. Many rookie WR's are disappointments, fantasy wise, but there are the exceptions. Is there any other reason why you don't believe he would be a good fantasy WR??

honz
08-28-2008, 12:28 PM
The questions about rookie WR's are the biggest reason why I posed this question to you guys. Many rookie WR's are disappointments, fantasy wise, but there are the exceptions. Is there any other reason why you don't believe he would be a good fantasy WR??
He may be decent, but I wouldn't count on him for consistent production. Personally, I wouldn't draft him and I am known for taking Broncos players early and often. I would guess Royal has about 40 receptions for 500 yards and a couple of touchdowns. He could be used on reverses and stuff, though which would add a little value to his stock. All in all though, i wouldn't expect a whole lot.

bengaaaaals1688
08-28-2008, 12:31 PM
He may be decent, but I wouldn't count on him for consistent production. Personally, I wouldn't draft him and I am known for taking Broncos players early and often. I would guess Royal has about 40 receptions for 500 yards and a couple of touchdowns. He could be used on reverses and stuff, though which would add a little value to his stock. All in all though, i wouldn't expect a whole lot.

I'm not drafting him, I just need another WR, mostly as depth, for my team and there isn't much left. I could try and make a trade, but I'm not exactly dealing with the smartest people, so even if I offer a good trade I probably won't get it.

MOtorboat
08-28-2008, 12:31 PM

Adrian Peterson sure sucked, didn't he. :wave:

How about that Marshawn Lynch stinking it up...:wave:

honz
08-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Adrian Peterson sure sucked, didn't he. :wave:

How about that Marshawn Lynch stinking it up...:wave:

I think he was referring to rookie WRs. Like Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Robert Meachem, and most other rookie WRs over the past 20 years.

Northman
08-28-2008, 12:34 PM
He's on my team as im expecting great things.

honz
08-28-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm not drafting him, I just need another WR, mostly as depth, for my team and there isn't much left. I could try and make a trade, but I'm not exactly dealing with the smartest people, so even if I offer a good trade I probably won't get it.
I'd snag him as a FA, especially for the first 2 weeks while Marshall will be out. And then if he sticks as the #2 WR for the Broncos you can keep him as he will probably continue to put up decent numbers with BMarsh demanding a lot of attention.

bengaaaaals1688
08-28-2008, 12:36 PM
I think he was referring to rookie WRs. Like Calvin Johnson, Brandon Marshall, Robert Meachem, and most other rookie WRs over the past 20 years.

I think he was referring more to Dwayne Bowe, Randy Moss, and Marques Colston.:salute:

bengaaaaals1688
08-28-2008, 12:37 PM
I'd snag him as a FA, especially for the first 2 weeks while Marshall will be out. And then if he sticks as the #2 WR for the Broncos you can keep him as he will probably continue to put up decent numbers with BMarsh demanding a lot of attention.

Thanks... Now I just gotta make my choice between him and Branch, but you guys have been a lot of help.:salute:

underrated29
08-28-2008, 12:50 PM
If its between him and branch go royal. Branch is not going to be back until atleast mid season at the earliest. And i think he is a bit overrated too. I will avoid royal also but if its those two- eddie is your man.

You have to think we will be passing a lot this year with our run game not in the usual power format that we like. Also if our defense still sucks we will be playing lots of catch up and eddie will see lots of kick offs. More so than that would be our soft schedule. I think we have an extremely weak schedule this year and all our Offensive players should be inflated because of that.