PDA

View Full Version : Ramsey Rated the #20 Backup QB in the NFL

Buff
08-27-2008, 04:22 PM
20. Denver: Patrick Ramsey -- Once thought of as the franchise quarterback in Washington, Ramsey has comfortably settled into his backup niche in Denver. He seems to know Mike Shanahan's offense well enough to have the full confidence of the Broncos head coach, and is serviceable when his playing time comes in small doses.

Washington's Todd Collins was ranked #1. New England's Matt Gutierrez was #32 (assuming Cassle played himself out of a job).

I don't know if I agree with Ramsey's ranking because there are at least 4 QB's rated below him that I would rather have (Brohm, Lemon, Smith and Kolb).

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writers/don_banks/08/26/backups/index.html

Lonestar
08-27-2008, 04:23 PM
this is scary, what do the morons look like beneath him?..

Requiem / The Dagda
08-27-2008, 04:29 PM

Under 6'0, peg legs, and raffle ticket arm power.

honz
08-27-2008, 04:31 PM
once thought of as the franchise quarterback in Washington
:lol:

Northman
08-27-2008, 04:42 PM
That close huh?

DenBronx
08-27-2008, 06:26 PM
i have no clue on why were keeping this bloke. it would be better to have drafted colt brennan in the 6th round and let him develop behind cutler.

NameUsedBefore
08-27-2008, 06:56 PM
i have no clue on why were keeping this bloke. it would be better to have drafted colt brennan in the 6th round and let him develop behind cutler.

Shoulda coulda woulda.

I don't think Ramsey is that bad. He's a backup afterall... Not many backups can actually come in and continue the flow of the team, much less win some games.

I still think the basic fact is that if Cutler goes down it really wont matter who we put in. We're not the Chargers. We can't lose Cutler and then go on to beat the Colts. We just don't have the talent to 'leverage' a back-up at this point, so really it's a moot point IMO.

GEM
08-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Shoulda coulda woulda.

I don't think Ramsey is that bad. He's a backup afterall... Not many backups can actually come in and continue the flow of the team, much less win some games.

I still think the basic fact is that if Cutler goes down it really wont matter who we put in. We're not the Chargers. We can't lose Cutler and then go on to beat the Colts. We just don't have the talent to 'leverage' a back-up at this point, so really it's a moot point IMO.

But we know 1 that come into a game and completely kill the flow of a team. That man's name is Patrick Ramsey. If Cutler goes down, we're friggen screwed. Did you not see the lobs he was throwing out there? I have seen high school QB's that have a better arm, better reads and a better awareness in the pocket. Ramsey should be sitting on a couch every Sunday.

bengaaaaals1688
08-28-2008, 12:28 PM
But we know 1 that come into a game and completely kill the flow of a team. That man's name is Patrick Ramsey. If Cutler goes down, we're friggen screwed. Did you not see the lobs he was throwing out there? I have seen high school QB's that have a better arm, better reads and a better awareness in the pocket. Ramsey should be sitting on a couch every Sunday.

This was an idiotic article, and list, to begin with. I am not exactly a huge fan of Fitzpatrick(of the Bengals), but considering the only thing they had to say about him was positive, and was more production than most of the QB's on the list had, and he was still ranked below Jim Sorgi, who has never had a significant amount of play time is nothing short of ridiculous.

Oh, and Ramsey does suck.:lol:

broncosfanscott
08-28-2008, 11:20 PM

Obviously really pathetic. I can't imagine QBs worse than Ramsey actually on an NFL team.