PDA

View Full Version : The myth of 3rd and longs and no run game is our offensive failure

cardoso
12-05-2010, 02:41 PM
so far this half broncos have rushed for 85 yds!!! and we have 3 pts and horrible 3rd down conversions....

People constantly blame 3rd and long positions for 3rd down failures well.....

we've failed on these conversions in the first half alone. I will keep counting 2nd half

3rd and 8
3rd and 4
3rd and 3

cardoso
12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
and i've always said our defenses failures are due to our offense not being able to score points and constant 3rd down failures. Just now our defense made a goal line stance on fourth down! we have 3 pts so far. based on what i've seen the last 20 or so games I say our offense gets one first down and then punts on this next drive after a huge stop on defense and within 3 minutes our defense will be out there again.

silkamilkamonico
12-05-2010, 02:50 PM
LMAO

Hardly anyone has been blaming our 3rd down failures on 3rd and longs, or even lack of it all year. How much more fail can you have in you?

Cardoso moronic thread count +4

frauschieze
12-05-2010, 02:52 PM
Who's got the new thread hand smack gif?

silkamilkamonico
12-05-2010, 02:52 PM
and i've always said our defenses failures are due to our offense not being able to score points and constant 3rd down failures. Just now our defense made a goal line stance on fourth down! we have 3 pts so far. based on what i've seen the last 20 or so games I say our offense gets one first down and then punts on this next drive after a huge stop on defense and within 3 minutes our defense will be out there again.

This argument is as terrible as the old "Jay Cutler's interceptions are the reason why we have the worst defense in the history of the organization" argument.

Can you please move this to a new thread so I can up your moronic thread count?

cardoso
12-05-2010, 02:55 PM
This argument is as terrible as the old "Jay Cutler's interceptions are the reason why we have the worst defense in the history of the organization" argument.

Can you please move this to a new thread so I can up your moronic thread count?

really calling me and my thread moronic? Once again our offense has gone 3 and out. I said they would get one first down, I guess i over estimated their ability. The defense made a goal line stance giving us the ball and our offense has gone 3 and out like they do so many times. Our offfense is pathetic! and now our defense will be out on the field again because the offense cant score or sustain drives long enough to give the defense a rest. Now watch the chiefs score on the defense and everyone blame it on the defense.

I assume you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on abotu football by your posts and you obviously know nothing about the broncos because mcdaniels constantly blames long 3rd down situations.

get a grip

silkamilkamonico
12-05-2010, 03:00 PM
really calling me ironic? Once again our offense has gone 3 and out. I said they would get one first down, I guess i over estimated their ability. The defense made a goal line stance giving us the ball and our offense has gone 3 and out like they do so many times. Our offfense is pathetic! and now our defense will be out on the field again because the offense cant score or sustain drives long enough to give the defense a rest. Now watch the chiefs score on the defense and everyone blame it on the defense.

I assume you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING on abotu football by your posts and you obviously know nothing about the broncos because mcdaniels constantly blames long 3rd down situations.

get a grip

No. Again you are full of fail. Our defense is ranked #27 because it absolutely sucks, period, not because our offense fails to score and goes 3 and outs.

Also, to add to your failed argument, Denver is only 1:24 less average ToP than their opponent, which means they basically have the ball almost as long as their opponents, so their goes your "failure to sustained long drives" argument.

Please keep it coming!

NFL 101 is your friend on this one.

frauschieze
12-05-2010, 03:02 PM
Knock it off, both of you.

Keep your debates civil and on topic, not on the other person's football knowledge or lack thereof.

cardoso
12-05-2010, 03:04 PM
thank you mod!

our offense on the field again after a defensive! can they get a first down? maybe 2? 3? a score?

cardoso
12-05-2010, 03:07 PM
No. Again you are full of fail. Our defense is ranked #27 because it absolutely sucks, period, not because our offense fails to score and goes 3 and outs.

Also, to add to your failed argument, Denver is only 1:24 less average ToP than their opponent, which means they basically have the ball almost as long as their opponents, so their goes your "failure to sustained long drives" argument.

Please keep it coming!

NFL 101 is your friend on this one.

oh what's this ANOTHER 3 AND OUT!!!!!!!!! couldn't get not even one first down to at least help the field position and now we have punted and given the ball to kc on our side of the field!

cardoso
12-05-2010, 03:12 PM
and now defense has gotten another turnover! and great field position!

can we get a first down? a fg?

cardoso
12-05-2010, 03:28 PM
we had 85yds rushing in the first half! We're not being blown our or playing catch up and yet we have abandoned the run. :coffee:

cardoso
12-05-2010, 03:30 PM
3 minutes into the 4th quarter and our offense has ran 15 TOTAL PLAYS!!!!

jhildebrand
12-05-2010, 04:53 PM
Our D is terrible. Our O only makes their job harder. The TOP was a joke today and the differential in plays run as well. The D made some timely stops and even forced a turnover.

McD's insistance to dial up long developing, deep pass plays kills this team. RUN the BALL. Run it on 1st and 2nd down on a day like today.

BroncoStud
12-05-2010, 04:57 PM
I don't get it either. Orton has NEVER done well on 3rd down in his NFL career yet McDaniels keeps throwing the football. Seems like the offense is stuck.

Today we saw a more conventional look and the average ability of Orton stood out, he's just not a traditional NFL QB, he needs the spread and he needs shotgun. He's a statue and has no athleticism.

BUT, Denver can't run out of that formation. So ultimately you have to make your mind up what you want to do on offense. I would prefer a more running-based offens with a more athletic QB.

Even Brady Quinn could convert better than 4-21 on 3rd down.