PDA

View Full Version : NFLN Playbook is one of the best Football shows on TV...

BigBroncLove
09-20-2007, 10:28 PM
Ya heard it, and I'll repeat it. I love this show. It's on NFL Network and has Sterlig Sharpe and Brian Baldinger who both do a great job IMO. It gives real breakdowns on formations, defensive tendencies, and isntead of giving a real shallow look at thow teams stack up, it goes indepth not only with personel matchups, but also scheme's you will likely see. It provides plenty of film for you to review and does a great job all around. I really like this show. It's not as far into football terminology as I would like, but is heads and shoulders above every other show as far as giving the viewer the benefit of the doubt that they understand football, and breaks it down to an edibale level even for lamens while still giving great insight, and knowledge you won't find anywhere else...

has anyone else seen this show? and what do you think of it?

Tned
09-20-2007, 11:09 PM
Ya heard it, and I'll repeat it. I love this show. It's on NFL Network and has Sterlig Sharpe and Brian Baldinger who both do a great job IMO. It gives real breakdowns on formations, defensive tendencies, and isntead of giving a real shallow look at thow teams stack up, it goes indepth not only with personel matchups, but also scheme's you will likely see. It provides plenty of film for you to review and does a great job all around. I really like this show. It's not as far into football terminology as I would like, but is heads and shoulders above every other show as far as giving the viewer the benefit of the doubt that they understand football, and breaks it down to an edibale level even for lamens while still giving great insight, and knowledge you won't find anywhere else...

has anyone else seen this show? and what do you think of it?

I haven't watched it this year, but I keep it setup on my Tivo and typically watch/half watch it waiting to see if they are going to break down a Bronco game, then watch in earnest.

BigBroncLove
09-20-2007, 11:12 PM
I haven't watched it this year, but I keep it setup on my Tivo and typically watch/half watch it waiting to see if they are going to break down a Bronco game, then watch in earnest.

Well, I watched the Bronco, JAcksonvilel breakdown, and since it was not one of the real featured games, it didn't go to far indepth. I was actaully very dissapointed with how little film they really went into with the Broncos. They didn't even really breakdown the offenses whatsoever... just D.

The Pittsburgh breakdown, and Baltimroe breakdowns though were fantastic. I actually really enjoyed them. Especially when they talked with Casey Hampton....

They can't do all the games really indepth, but the ones they do, I enjoy immensly. I wish Baldinger would wear less makeup though, it's scary looking :laugh: .

Tned
09-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Well, I watched the Bronco, JAcksonvilel breakdown, and since it was not one of the real featured games, it didn't go to far indepth. I was actaully very dissapointed with how little film they really went into with the Broncos. They didn't even really breakdown the offenses whatsoever... just D.

The Pittsburgh breakdown, and Baltimroe breakdowns though were fantastic. I actually really enjoyed them. Especially when they talked with Casey Hampton....

They can't do all the games really indepth, but the ones they do, I enjoy immensly. I wish Baldinger would wear less makeup though, it's scary looking :laugh: .

I just switched from a Tivo to DirecTV Mpeg4 DVR and don't have everything resetup. I need to add that back in, even if they didn't do a thorough job this time. Gonna try and set it up now.