PDA

View Full Version : Nice Blog Written on Bmarsh and Cutler

Tebow4Ever
08-27-2008, 11:18 AM
http://blogs.rockymountainnews.com/samadams/archives/2008/08/open-mic-cutler.html

DenBronx
08-27-2008, 12:42 PM
keeping them both happy with their contracts is something of a priority. marshall is playing for peanuts right now and im sure cutler will seek a new contract in the next year or so.

BroncoJoe
08-27-2008, 12:44 PM
Posting for those (like me) who just like to view the article:

Open mic: Cutler-Marshall a prolific pair?
Time to feed some food for thought to football fans - local, as well as those visiting for the Democratic National Convention. So open wide for this spoonful of tidbit.

The Broncos have the making for one of the most prolific quarterback-wide receiver tandems ever selected in the same draft. Not good, but prolific. You follow me?

I'm speaking of Jay Cutler and Brandon Marshall, part of the Broncos' Class of 2006 -- a draft that could go down as the best in the franchise's history.

Think about all the great quarterbacks that have played in the NFL. How many of them had a receiver from the same draft class to "grow" with? Not many.

Hall of Fame quarterback Joe Montana was a third round pick of the San Francisco 49ers in 1979. The 49ers selected Dwight Clark in the 10th round. The Montana-to-Clark connection was solid for a number of seasons and produced "The Catch" in the 1981 NFC Championship Game.

Hall of Fame quarterback Dan Marino and wide receiver Mark Clayton were part of the Miami Dolphins draft class in 1983. The duo was together for 10 seasons (1983-92), producing more than 8,000 yards.

A pair of Hall of Famers, quarterback Sonny Jurgensen and end Tommy McDonald, were drafted by the Philadelphia Eagles in 1957. Jurgensen didn't become the Eagles starter until 1961. He and McDonald were strong before Jurgensen went to the Washington Redskins in 1964.

Take note Football Fan - especially DNC visitors from the east coast who don't catch much of the Broncos. Last year Cutler and Marshall showed potential to be one of the most explosive young quarterback-receiver combos in the NFL. This year they're legit to become the top passing combo in the league.

The Broncos hope to keep Cutler and Marshall satisfied, contract-wise. They hope the players can stay healthy and out of trouble with the law.

With those pieces in place, Cutler and Marshall will have time to become prolific.

Tebow4Ever
08-27-2008, 12:47 PM
keeping them both happy with their contracts is something of a priority. marshall is playing for peanuts right now and im sure cutler will seek a new contract in the next year or so.

Agreed, I think that will be a big part of it. The good thing is we only have a few young stars on the team. Marshall and Cutler definately being the top two on the O. I think the team would realize how important it would be to pay these two guys to keep the bond together. We could see these two set some records together. Thats very exciting.

DenBronx
08-27-2008, 12:58 PM
Agreed, I think that will be a big part of it. The good thing is we only have a few young stars on the team. Marshall and Cutler definately being the top two on the O. I think the team would realize how important it would be to pay these two guys to keep the bond together. We could see these two set some records together. Thats very exciting.

ive got a feeling that royal is going to be a star too. could you imagine if royal becomes a 1000 yard reciever??? i think with the emergence of marshall as a star wr he will begin to get double teamed leaving royal in alot of 1 on 1 situations....and with his quickness that could be a missmatch.

i love the direction that this offense is going....high powered for sure!

Tebow4Ever
08-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Definately. Ive got high hopes for Spaghetti Eddie this year, As I think we all do. But the league wont see him as much a threat untill we see what he can do on the field more consistently. He was all but non existant in this last preseason game and I doubt they will put him much out there on Friday in Arizona.

LordTrychon
08-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Pay the boys.... :salute: