PDA

View Full Version : ESPN NFL Countdown, makes it official...

Ravage!!!
12-05-2010, 11:37 AM
all of them agree.... McDaniel's is in over his head!!!

I know I know.. a shocker. None of us could see this without them confirming it. However, THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is how the outside media and ex-players....view our team. A coach that doesn't know what he's doing as a HC! Yippeeeeee Fun Days indeed!

Ravage!!!
12-05-2010, 11:39 AM
That being said, I think this is a good place for me to state that I will give McDaniels all the credit in the world for being the more mature one when answering questions about Haley. Haley has been very public about his dislike for McDaniels, and McDaniels hasn't said a single thing other than respectful comments about Haley when pushed for a response. For that, I'll :beer:

Nomad
12-05-2010, 11:41 AM
Did TJ go off on him?!?!? I've always respected what he has to say!

HORSEPOWER 56
12-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Marshall Faulk and Michael Irvin just discussed this on NFL Network, too and Marahall believes McDaniels should be fired while Irvin thinks he needs more time.

I, obviously, agree with Faulk.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2010, 11:43 AM
Did TJ go off on him?!?!? I've always respected what he has to say!

YEs.. he did. He was talking and talking about how McDaniels is in WAY over his head... then gave a long list of things that McDaniels has done.. and asks the camera "If anyone thinks this sounds like someone that isn't in over their head, tweet me."

Ravage!!!
12-05-2010, 11:44 AM
Marshall Faulk and Michael Irvin just discussed this on NFL Network, too and Marahall believes McDaniels should be fired while Irvin thinks he needs more time.

I, obviously, agree with Faulk.

Thats good. It would have made me think if it was the other way around. But I've never thought much of Irvin's opinion on anything :lol: cant' believe he still has a job in the NFL business.

Nomad
12-05-2010, 11:47 AM
Thats good. It would have made me think if it was the other way around. But I've never thought much of Irvin's opinion on anything :lol: cant' believe he still has a job in the NFL business.

I thought they had fired him!! Must be thinking of someone else!

Lancane
12-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Joe Ellis commented to the Denver Post -

"The statement Pat Bowlen released on Monday is indicative of his position," said Joe Ellis, the Broncos' chief operating officer.

Read more: Broncos' McDaniels is in trouble - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16781114?source=rsssimplepiebroncos#ixzz17FybLs uK
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

In regards to Bowlen's statement sent to the Denver Post Monday evening.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-05-2010, 11:48 AM
I thought they had fired him!! Must be thinking of someone else!

He was fired by E!SPN but then hired by NFL Network.

EMB6903
12-05-2010, 11:51 AM
Lets just hope Denver can fire Mcdaniels, and Hire Parcells.

Even if its for the short term. Parcells will rebuild and get this team going in the RIGHT direction.

Nomad
12-05-2010, 11:52 AM

Even if its for the short term. Parcells will rebuild and get this team going in the RIGHT direction.

Just curious, what would/could Bowlen offer him to lure him to Denver?!?!

EMB6903
12-05-2010, 11:57 AM
Just curious, what would/could Bowlen offer him to lure him to Denver?!?!

Full responsibility?

Other than that I really dont know what else he could offer. What did Miami, Atlanta, or Dallas offer that Denver couldnt?

Nomad
12-05-2010, 12:00 PM
Full responsibility?

Other than that I really dont know what else he could offer. What did Miami, Atlanta, or Dallas offer that Denver couldnt?

I don't know that why I asked because I'm sure there's a few other teams thinking the same thing and perhaps he would get multiple offers!!

Lancane
12-05-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm not sure we have enough to lure him to Denver, he wants to do it his way and will walk away when he feels it's right...no matter the deal in place. I really don't see Parcells' coming to an organization to better a team that's in the same division as his son-in-law's own team.

Rick
12-05-2010, 12:05 PM
Perhaps just the challenge of helping to mold a team that has had one of the worst defenses in the NFL over the last 5 years into something respectable.

He has plenty of money, hopefully he just likes the challenge.

BroncoBJ
12-05-2010, 12:09 PM
That being said, I think this is a good place for me to state that I will give McDaniels all the credit in the world for being the more mature one when answering questions about Haley. Haley has been very public about his dislike for McDaniels, and McDaniels hasn't said a single thing other than respectful comments about Haley when pushed for a response. For that, I'll :beer:

What all has Haley said about McDaniels? Guess I missed him being immature :lol:

But Damn, can you imagine if Rex Ryan was our coach? I wonder what he'd say about Haley? :eek:

Lancane
12-05-2010, 12:13 PM
What all has Haley said about McDaniels? Guess I missed him being immature :lol:

But Damn, can you imagine if Rex Ryan was our coach? I wonder what he'd say about Haley? :eek:

I think there would be a whole lot of 'bleeps' in that statement! :lol:

Jake Klug
12-05-2010, 12:13 PM
Id rather just bring someone in that would be committed more long term. If theres one team that provides a model that Id like to follow, its Baltimore. I think Id rather have someone from there like Eric DeCosta. Maybe bring in Pagano or Brooks to run the defense. Also, Id love to have Kubes back either as head coach or OC. I really like Houstons offense. It has great balance. If they had any kind of defense, Houston would be great.

underrated29
12-05-2010, 12:51 PM
all of them agree.... McDaniel's is in over his head!!!

I know I know.. a shocker. None of us could see this without them confirming it. However, THIS, ladies and gentlemen, is how the outside media and ex-players....view our team. A coach that doesn't know what he's doing as a HC! Yippeeeeee Fun Days indeed!

Well, lets see how josh reacts to this. I know he probably does not care what public opinion is. But like a lot of us, we hate being told we are in over our heads or cant do it. I know it would piss me off extensively.

turftoad
12-05-2010, 12:52 PM

I WISH we would have hired Rex Ryan.

He would have left the offense alone and fixed the "D".

BroncoBJ
12-05-2010, 12:58 PM

Yea, you're probably right. I wanted Rex or Spags. I was fine with McDaniels though. But yea, Rex would have brought some swagger and some D to this team though. :fight:

nevcraw
12-05-2010, 02:07 PM
fing great hands decker..

nevcraw
12-05-2010, 02:10 PM

and would have added an identity players can relate and buy into..

BroncoStud
12-05-2010, 04:52 PM

Screw Parcells, bring in Marty. He knows how to build a team as well and he is friends with Elway.

rationalfan
12-05-2010, 04:54 PM

why does it matter what the outside media thinks of mcd or the broncos? those guys don't play the games. besides, if you listen to some people on this board there's always been an "east coast bias" against the broncos. why wouldn't that be true in this case?

in regards to the ESPN morning show crew, the only person worth listening to regarding the broncos is adam schefter and, i believe, he said the coach is on "thin ice."

jhildebrand
12-05-2010, 05:02 PM
those guys don't play the games.

Most of them did and the one's that didn't have covered the game for a LONG time :coffee:

rationalfan
12-05-2010, 05:13 PM
Most of them did and the one's that didn't have covered the game for a LONG time :coffee:

again, why does that matter as it pertains to the perception of the broncos? if you like their critical analysis as a fulcrum to the problems of this team, fine. but by pointing out the broncos' perceived status it suggests you care more about how your (our) favorite football team is regarded among people who don't play in the league, rather than by the people who are paying the players' bills or by the players themselves.

i'm not saying ESPN doesn't have quality commentators, but i could care less how the media "perceives" the broncos. i just want the broncos to win. and the broncos' play doesn't change from what the media says about them.

jhildebrand
12-05-2010, 05:18 PM
again, why does that matter as it pertains to the perception of the broncos? if you like their critical analysis as a fulcrum to the problems of this team, fine. but by pointing out the broncos' perceived status it suggests you care more about how your (our) favorite football team is regarded among people who don't play in the league, rather than by the people who are paying the players' bills or by the players themselves.

i'm not saying ESPN doesn't have quality commentators, but i could care less how the media "perceives" the broncos. i just want the broncos to win. and the broncos' play doesn't change from what the media says about them.

I care because they know the game. They lived the game. Even the ones who haven't played have been around it long enough that they view the game differently and usually at a deeper level. It is crystal clear to most in and around the league that McD is clearly in too deep.

rationalfan
12-05-2010, 05:21 PM
I care because they know the game. They lived the game. Even the ones who haven't played have been around it long enough that they view the game differently and usually at a deeper level. It is crystal clear to most in and around the league that McD is clearly in too deep.

that might be true. i'm not really sure.

but my previous point remains, the broncos' play doesn't hinge on what the media says. therefore, i really don't care what they say. yes, there's entertainment and information to be found in the media's work, but it ALMOST NEVER affects the way the game is played.

Nomad
12-05-2010, 05:22 PM

TJ couldn't be more of a BRONCOS homer and for him to go off means alot!!

scott.475
12-05-2010, 05:30 PM
I actually kind of feel bad for McD, to be honest. I hate what he has done to our team, but I feel bad for him because I think if he had been more limited in his authority, if there had been a check valve or two in place to keep him more controlled, he might actually be an okay coach, if he was just limited to coaching. My gosh, even Holmgren was not able to make it work in Seattle as both GM and coach, why does anyone think a brand new, young HC could do it? He is his own worst enemy. Well, maybe getting fired, if it happens, will help him to realize he needs to check his own ego and learn when his pride is overriding good decisions.

Lancane
12-05-2010, 05:44 PM
I actually kind of feel bad for McD, to be honest. I hate what he has done to our team, but I feel bad for him because I think if he had been more limited in his authority, if there had been a check valve or two in place to keep him more controlled, he might actually be an okay coach, if he was just limited to coaching. My gosh, even Holmgren was not able to make it work in Seattle as both GM and coach, why does anyone think a brand new, young HC could do it? He is his own worst enemy. Well, maybe getting fired, if it happens, will help him to realize he needs to check his own ego and learn when his pride is overriding good decisions.

F' Josh McDaniels and the Goddamn patriotic horse he rode in on! Trade Cutler, bring in five possible quarterbacks to replace him, wasting picks and players in trades and the draft, and when all is said and done...we still got shit and one bright hope that remains questionable...all in the name of his F'n ego. Cutler is headed to the playoffs while we will be sitting at home jerking off, he can go pillow-bite Quinn and Orton in a drunken threesome!

scott.475
12-05-2010, 05:51 PM
F' Josh McDaniels and the Goddamn patriotic horse he rode in on! Trade Cutler, bring in five possible quarterbacks to replace him, wasting picks and players in trades and the draft, and when all is said and done...we still got shit and one bright hope that remains questionable...all in the name of his F'n ego. Cutler is headed to the playoffs while we will be sitting at home jerking off, he can go pillow-bite Quinn and Orton in a drunken threesome!

Oh, I don't disagree with anything you said there, my rage toward him has been overflowing plenty of times. I don't want to keep him, but I do wonder if he could be a decent coach if that was his ONLY responsibility.

Lancane
12-05-2010, 05:53 PM
Oh, I don't disagree with anything you said there, my rage toward him has been overflowing plenty of times. I don't want to keep him, but I do wonder if he could be a decent coach if that was his ONLY responsibility.

Possibly, but I hope it's a long way from here! Like in Cincinnati, he likes Ohio so much...so send his ass there, he's not worth the stamps...so we'll send it by parcel-post!

Foochacho
12-05-2010, 05:56 PM

Judging by his play calling I would say no. That alone has cost us many games this year. He is a stubborn S.O.B., and stubborness and retardation do not go well together.

scott.475
12-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Possibly, but I hope it's a long way from here! Like in Cincinnati, he likes Ohio so much...so send his ass there, he's not worth the stamps...so we'll send it by parcel-post!

I'm going to keep my eyes on you and make sure you put air holes in the box. Having a crappy season is no excuse for negligent homicide! :D

BigSarge87
12-05-2010, 06:18 PM

I would be amazed if McD gets a head coaching job at all after he leaves Denver. No owner in the league is going to touch him as a HC.

I think he'll be a front runner for any O Coord jobs available though.

scott.475
12-05-2010, 07:06 PM
I would be amazed if McD gets a head coaching job at all after he leaves Denver. No owner in the league is going to touch him as a HC.

I think he'll be a front runner for any O Coord jobs available though.

I agree, and posted that very thing last week. It will be some years before he ever gets a sniff as HC if we do fire him after this year.

sneakers
12-05-2010, 07:08 PM
At least he isn't as bad as Art Shell's second stint as the Raiders coach :laugh:

He had this look on his face the whole time until he was fired:
http://voicecats.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/shell.jpg

ursamajor
12-05-2010, 08:05 PM

Holmgren led the 'Hawks to their greatest stint in franchise History. They also got robbed out of a Lombardi.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2010, 08:10 PM
I don't think McD is a good coach. The excuses of him being a GM is purely excuses. Xanders is taking care of all the small stuff that GMs take care of during the season. McD isn't distracted by his GM duties. He's just a flat out BAD coach.

Jake Klug
12-05-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't think McD is a good coach. The excuses of him being a GM is purely excuses. Xanders is taking care of all the small stuff that GMs take care of during the season. McD isn't distracted by his GM duties. He's just a flat out BAD coach.

Last weak Schlereth ripped him apart for giving up on the run when it was 13-7 and then cited how every in all but one game last weekend, the team with the most rushes won the game.

And it was pretty much the same thing today only worse.

TXBRONC
12-05-2010, 08:15 PM

I think Parcells rather enjoys being the GM of the Dolphins.

Ravage!!!
12-05-2010, 08:34 PM
I think Parcells rather enjoys being the GM of the Dolphins.

I don't know why Parcells name keeps coming up. He's not coming here, he'll never be here, he wouldn't want to be here.

jhildebrand
12-05-2010, 08:37 PM
I don't know why Parcells name keeps coming up. He's not coming here, he'll never be here, he wouldn't want to be here.

Chaos always seems to surround him as well. There is no doubt he turns things around quickly. But, at some point, there is always some kind of falling out.

eessydo
12-05-2010, 09:12 PM

If you seriously think the Big Tuna would let this egotistical narcissistic punk be his head coach (because that is what Bowlen will probably require) then you are either

1. High
2. Drunk or
3. High and drunk

The Big Tuna is the ONLY ego in town, he wouldn't take McDaniels #&$^*. For one thing, McDaniels has accomplished NOTHING in the NFL.

I can shoot par or better at Pebble Beach too if a pro golfer puts me on the green in regulation within 15 feet of the pin, which is exactly what happened with Josh McDaniels in New England.

Josh McDaniels didn't make the Patriots winners, he was handed to the keys to an awesome machine with a genius looking over his shoulder the entire time telling him what to do.

I think we can all see that now, and Bill Parcells probably sees it too.

scott.475
12-05-2010, 09:38 PM
Holmgren led the 'Hawks to their greatest stint in franchise History. They also got robbed out of a Lombardi.

I know that, I live in the greater Seattle (sadly). That being said, Holmgren did not get the Hawks to the big dance until AFTER he had given up the GM duties for the club. It was a big deal up here at the time because the Hawks really were not doing that well and there was a lot of talk around here about him being fired. His job was saved when he agreed to give up the GM part and focus on the coaching part.