PDA

View Full Version : Which McDaniels Camp are you in?

CrazyHorse
12-03-2010, 04:43 PM
Public poll! Please Vote!:D

I Eat Staples
12-03-2010, 04:46 PM
You should have included a third "neutral" option for people like Tned.

But I voted basher, obviously. I hate the man.

Krugan
12-03-2010, 04:47 PM
I cant even find my tent, I think its blowing in the wind.

flippin windy here today

CrazyHorse
12-03-2010, 04:49 PM
You should have included a third "neutral" option for people like Tned.

But I voted basher, obviously. I hate the man.

I purposely excluded neutral...no fence sitters.

Had I put something like realist or neutral. I gaurantee most people would have picked it and that would be no fun.

Day1BroncoFan
12-03-2010, 04:50 PM
I'm not a basher but won't defend him either.

Can't say I'm neutral though.

I don't like cheaters but am willing to see it through aside from that. I really don't know how much he had to do with the spygate thing but I am suspicious of it.

I Eat Staples
12-03-2010, 04:53 PM

Oh okay, but keep in mind there can be a fine medium between basher and apologist, although most fans are on one side or the other.

BroncoWave
12-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Don't see much of a point in this poll. Just takes a perusal of a couple of threads on here to see where everyone stands. I'm going to guess the poll comes out about 85-15 basher without looking at the results.

Slick
12-03-2010, 04:55 PM
He's not worth the energy to hate or defend him.

BroncoWave
12-03-2010, 04:55 PM

Not everyone sees everything in black and white. :coffee:

I think the most common mindset is that he is a good football mind who does have potential as a head coach, he is just not capable of handling all of the duties that has been put on his plate. I think once he matures a bit and is on a team with a solid GM in place he could do some big things. The way things are right now though he is just set up to fail in Denver

claymore
12-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Im a realist.

Dzone
12-03-2010, 05:03 PM
The fact that Mcdaniels has a reputation as a BULLY makes it hard to like him. If he really is a bully, then I would love to kick his ass

Bronco Bible
12-03-2010, 05:04 PM
I do not bash him so I would have to assume folks would call me an apologist.

BigDaddyBronco
12-03-2010, 05:05 PM
Im a realist.
BS, you have been a hater since the day he tried to get Cassell. We could be 8-3 and you would be hatin. :tsk:

I still love you though. ;)

claymore
12-03-2010, 05:05 PM
The fact that Mcdaniels has a reputation as a BULLY makes it hard to like him. If he really is a bully, then I would love to kick his ass

He is a doosh bag that is in charge. Not a bully. We've all worked for guys like that.

claymore
12-03-2010, 05:06 PM
BS, you have been a hater since the day he tried to get Cassell. We could be 8-3 and you would be hatin. :tsk:

I still love you though. ;)

I wont apologize for being right. :D

BigDaddyBronco
12-03-2010, 05:07 PM
I wont apologize for being right. :D

You should apologize for being so goshdarn handsome....

I Eat Staples
12-03-2010, 05:08 PM
Im a realist.

Same here, which is why I voted for basher.

I also hated him since the attempt to trade for Cassell. What a dumb move. Why couldn't he go destroy some other team?

claymore
12-03-2010, 05:08 PM
You should apologize for being so goshdarn handsome....

wELL THAT IS AN OFFENSE iM KINDA SAD ABOUT. :LICKS MY EYEBROWS:

claymore
12-03-2010, 05:12 PM

I also hated him since the attempt to trade for Cassell. What a dumb move. Why couldn't he go destroy some other team?

I was thinking on this on the way home. It is my belief that losing a HOF QB takes 10-15 years to recover from. Maybe more. So I was prepared for the lean years after Elway retired. Plummer was good duct tape for a couple years...

Then Shanny finally got a PB LT, QB, WR etc... I mean something to really build on. Then in a blink of the eye its all gone.

I knew the instant McD did the Cutler thing it was tacking on another 10-15 years from the day he is fired to get back to a classy organization.

Day1BroncoFan
12-03-2010, 05:15 PM
I've been thinking about where I stand on this issue.

I am not a basher or apologist. Think of me as holding McD over a cliff, he doesn't want to piss me off any more than I am now.

Northman
12-03-2010, 05:17 PM
Im in the middle camp.

BigDaddyBronco
12-03-2010, 05:18 PM
I've been thinking about where I stand on this issue.

I am not a basher or apologist. Think of me as holding McD over a cliff, he doesn't want to piss me off any more than I am now.
That is kinda where I am. I was so pissed at halftime during the Rams game that I had to go on a walk. When the team fought back and didn't give up, I calmed down quite a bit.

BigDaddyBronco
12-03-2010, 05:18 PM
im in the middle camp.
lol.

claymore
12-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Its unhealthy how much I dispise McDaniels.

BigDaddyBronco
12-03-2010, 05:21 PM

You should do something constructive with your hate. Everytime during the game when they show McDaniels looking at his play sheet and you curse, donate a canned item to charity.

BroncoJoe
12-03-2010, 05:22 PM
You're not going to get many votes based on the two choices. Apologist? Please. How about Supporter? Let's make it black and white, not black and grey.

dogfish

:lol:

dogfish
You're not going to get many votes based on the two choices. Apologist? Please. How about Supporter? Let's make it black and white, not black and grey.

clay prefers pink. . .

BigDaddyBronco
12-03-2010, 05:23 PM
All you haters are going to look silly when we make the playoffs next year. :lol:

dogfish
12-03-2010, 05:27 PM
All you haters are going to look silly when we make the playoffs next year. :lol:

why would another coach taking us to the playoffs reflect poorly on mcdaniels haters?

:confused:

T.K.O.
12-03-2010, 05:28 PM

on the other hand cassell is playing alot better than cutler this year....so who knows where we might be:confused:

BigDaddyBronco
12-03-2010, 05:29 PM
why would another coach taking us to the playoffs reflect poorly on mcdaniels haters?

:confused:
Nope. McDaniels leading us to a 10-6 record. Or maybe Orton gets hurt and Tebow leads us to the promised land. He also punts and kicks and plays FS.

dogfish
12-03-2010, 05:30 PM
Nope. McDaniels leading us to a 10-6 record.

you don't really believe that. . .

:D

BigDaddyBronco
12-03-2010, 05:31 PM

Stranger things have happened. No I'm thinking we have a partial season and he goes 3-5 and gets another year.

BroncoJoe
12-03-2010, 05:31 PM

There hasn't been 100% negative happenings here.

Nomad
12-03-2010, 05:34 PM
I don't know anymore!! Last Sat, I would have fired him but perhaps demoting him to just HC duties and bringing in a qualified/experienced GM, he may pan out!! I do take my jabs at him though when needed!!

underrated29
12-03-2010, 05:37 PM
You tell me based off what I am about to say where I stand.....

I dont like him as a person. I hate what he did with trading away Jay...the rest I knew were going to leave or dont care. And I really do not like...actually I am shocked and pissed to all hell how the season is going this year. Last year went exactly how I expected it. This year started the same except for the loss to the jets. But then it tanked. I HATE THE PLAY CALLING WHEN NOT SCRIPTED!!

I do like his grand scheme, I do think he will be a really good coach and just has to get through being young and new mess that hits everyone when they are new to something and put in a position at the top. I do think he knows what he is doing with football. I do think he can fix the defense and we can be contenders sooner than later with him. I do like his draft- that he actually prepared for...I hate his first draft and cant believe he would just set fire to the goodies and their work and try and get a board and everything up in 2/3 months. I honestly feel that in 2 more years he can have totally and successfully rebuilt our entire team. He started with the offense first...(not saying he should have, because he fugging should not have, but did and its over with) and now its time for him to get the defense back up..............I think with all this pressure on him he will make more mistakes....I want his attention on finishing the year and the draft and FA and not his job or anything else. That worries me.

I do not want him fired. I do not think he should have so much power either. I do see potential with him and also think he and I are in kinda the same place with our respective jobs. Being young isnt easy but sometimes people are so used to one way that they can not see another way or a new way. Obviously not losing, but you have to live learn and get your feet wet.

If we had our record this year, for last year- no one would have comlained. Most people thought we were only going to win 4 games anyhow. And if we had last years record this year, they would praise him and say we are almost there, getting closer. He is on the right track. Problem for him was he set the bar too high for himself with his whole scrap and rebuild. (which again was incredibly stupid and hate him for it).

If we can not get to atleast 9/10 wins next year, then that is it. He HAS to go. But I try to look at the past and the future more than the present, and to me I know the team is close, and the defense like always is our ball and chain. Everyone knows it. I think he will fix it.

apologist, hater, fence,---i dont know. How about all 3. I wont make excuses for his idiocy, but I also wont deny the good things I see being molded because he messed shit up the first time. Im willing to see what next year brings, but if the tree is not fruiting then I will replant also.

Dzone
12-03-2010, 05:37 PM
He is a doosh bag that is in charge. Not a bully. We've all worked for guys like that.
Yep. I have worked for douche bag idiots. I have worked for bullies. I ended up kicking some ass and quiting

Nomad
12-03-2010, 05:39 PM
Yep. I have worked for douche bag idiots. I have worked for bullies. I ended up kicking some ass and quiting

Johnny Paycheck style!!:D

Northman
12-03-2010, 05:45 PM

Thanks miss cleo.

Northman
12-03-2010, 05:46 PM
I don't know anymore!! Last Sat, I would have fired him but perhaps demoting him to just HC duties and bringing in a qualified/experienced GM, he may pan out!! I do take my jabs at him though when needed!!

And he needs it a lot despite what the nuthuggers say.

BroncoWave
12-03-2010, 05:57 PM
And he needs it a lot despite what the nuthuggers say.

:confused: I haven't seen a whole lot of people arguing against bringing in a real GM and just letting McD coach lately.

Ravage!!!
12-03-2010, 06:16 PM
Im a realist. I realistically dont think that having a GM handle the personnel decisions will change a single thing on how the team is handled, how the players are handled in the locker room and behind closed doors, how the team is run during practices, or how the plays are called during the games.

I'm realistic in knowing that McD is a bad HC. I'm not convinced he has this great football mind, nor am I convinced that he even has a good offensive mind (except when he's dealing with people, then he's quite offensive).

I believe it to be pretty damned realistic to see that this guy is in WAYYYY over his head, and is just dog-addling like crazy to keep his nose above water, because he's drowning.

So yeah... I would say that I'm an in-between-er

Dean
12-03-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't care about him as an individual one way or the other.

I am a Bronco fan. I think he has made a multitude of decisions that have weakened the franchise. Had those decisions resulted in wins I would have acknowledged that I was wrong and been behind him. Those decisions have resulted in the worst Broncos football in recent memory and IMO it looks to get even worse.

I can't and won't swallow my tongue and watch him drag us down. I realize that what I post has as much effect as trying to fart upwind but I can't help trying.

Jake Klug
12-03-2010, 06:40 PM
:confused: I haven't seen a whole lot of people arguing against bringing in a real GM and just letting McD coach lately.

Thats not true. Practically every poll has most people saying he should be fired.

broncofaninfla
12-03-2010, 06:43 PM
Im a realist.

100% this.....

I gave the kid every chance in the world to win me over but I literally seem to disagree with almost everything he has done to date. I would have still been fine with disagreeing with him if Denver would win but it hasn't worked out that way.

Northman
12-03-2010, 07:05 PM

How bout we cross that road when (if) it happens. To me the guy is poison for this team and i would rather bring someone else in without all the drama and mistakes.

sneakers
12-03-2010, 07:11 PM
I am kinda in both because I dont like a lot of things he does, but I DONT want be a bronco fan who wants the broncos too lose so the coach will be replaced....plus we are stuck with him until he is replaced, so why not try your best to support the team and the person leading your team?

Dzone
12-03-2010, 07:18 PM
There comes a time when died in the wool fans have to say "enough is enough"! Come on, there cant possibly anybody left on this board who likes Mcdaniels.
I was pretty much sure that 100% of Bronco fans are of the opinion that Mcdaniels sucks.
You mean there are still some hangers on? Are you kidding me? No way, man!!!!

dogfish
12-03-2010, 07:20 PM
There comes a time when died in the wool fans have to say "enough is enough"! Come on, there cant possibly anybody left on this board who likes Mcdaniels.
I was pretty much sure that 100% of Bronco fans are of the opinion that Mcdaniels sucks.
You mean there are still some hangers on? Are you kidding me? No way, man!!!!

go check out the orange mane site-- they all cling to mcdaniels like he's their binky or something. . .

:laugh:

Softskull
12-03-2010, 07:28 PM
Im in the camp that's parked outside of McDaniels' home with torches and pitchforks.

Jake Klug
12-03-2010, 07:39 PM
Im in the camp that's parked outside of McDaniels' home with torches and pitchforks.

Make sure you take the opportunity to peak in the bedroom window at Mrs McDaniels. Josh likes that.

Dzone
12-03-2010, 07:47 PM
go check out the orange mane site-- they all cling to mcdaniels like he's their binky or something. . .

:laugh:

Really? Wow. I have a membership on that board, but was never able to post replies to threads there..maybe they require a member to swear blind allegiance to Mcd in order to be able to post...

claymore
12-03-2010, 07:50 PM

Its amazing how polar opposite we are politically, and 100% on the same sheet of music when it comes to this team. :hug: Peace on Earth.

Northman
12-03-2010, 08:07 PM
I am kinda in both because I dont like a lot of things he does, but I DONT want be a bronco fan who wants the broncos too lose so the coach will be replaced....plus we are stuck with him until he is replaced, so why not try your best to support the team and the person leading your team?

I support the players every week but pray McD gets fired. I dont hold it against the players.

dogfish
12-03-2010, 08:20 PM
I support the players every week but pray McD gets fired. I dont hold it against the players.

i hear ya to some extent, but i'm not holding those guys blameless either. . . i've definitely got a hitlist of guys that i'd be happy to see gone. . . :D

facemask mcbean's contract is up-- gone. . . laurence maroney also-- good riddance. . . russ hochstein should **** as well-- if mcD stays, you know he'll find an excuse to get that scrub in the starting lineup at some point, so just remove the temptation permanently. . . correll buckhalter, happy trails. . . and for what we pay him, possibly dan graham as well if he won't renegotiate a deal more commensurate with his one-dimensional play. . .

and possibly some other guys as well. . . . no way you want to bring everyone back from a team this far below .500. . . .

Jake Klug
12-03-2010, 08:23 PM
i hear ya to some extent, but i'm not holding those guys blameless either. . . i've definitely got a hitlist of guys that i'd be happy to see gone. . . :D

facemask mcbean's contract is up-- gone. . . laurence maroney also-- good riddance. . . russ hochstein should **** as well-- if mcD stays, you know he'll find an excuse to get that scrub in the starting lineup at some point, so just remove the temptation permanently. . . correll buckhalter, happy trails. . . and for what we pay him, possibly dan graham as well if he won't renegotiate a deal more commensurate with his one-dimensional play. . .

and possibly some other guys as well. . . . no way you want to bring everyone back from a team this far below .500. . . .

Isnt Denver 28th in payroll?

Northman
12-03-2010, 08:25 PM
i hear ya to some extent, but i'm not holding those guys blameless either. . .

Im talking in the grand scheme of things. I realize the players have their own faults but if the coach isnt holding them accountable or getting them ready he is ultimately the guy that is the problem.

claymore
12-03-2010, 08:25 PM

There are like 3-4 keepers on this squad. Royal/Clady are the only must keep guys.

dogfish
12-03-2010, 08:30 PM
Isnt Denver 28th in payroll?

i'm not really sure. . . but even if we are, i'd rather go after marcedes lewis then overpay for dan graham-- gronkowski's an adequate blocking/#2 TE with a MUCH more reasonable contract. . . next year's FA group of tight ends also includes vernon davis, bo scaife and kevin boss just off the top of my head. . .

though i'd much rather go after cullen jenkins, aubrayo franklin or paul soliai if one of them gets to the market (you know ngata won't, not one single chance in hell). . . or david harris at ILB. . . or even a veteran OL. . . paying graham what we do is a waste of money, IMO. . .

*shrugs*

dogfish
12-03-2010, 08:31 PM
Im talking in the grand scheme of things. I realize the players have their own faults but if the coach isnt holding them accountable or getting them ready he is ultimately the guy that is the problem.

no argument-- he's the guy on top of my "want 'em gone" list at this point. . .

:heh:

LordTrychon
12-03-2010, 08:35 PM
McDaniels can't tackle for shit!

Jake Klug
12-03-2010, 08:36 PM
i'm not really sure. . . but even if we are, i'd rather go after marcedes lewis then overpay for dan graham-- gronkowski's an adequate blocking/#2 TE with a MUCH more reasonable contract. . . next year's FA group of tight ends also includes vernon davis, bo scaife and kevin boss just off the top of my head. . .

though i'd much rather go after cullen jenkins, aubrayo franklin or paul soliai if one of them gets to the market (you know ngata won't, not one single chance in hell). . . or david harris at ILB. . . or even a veteran OL. . . paying graham what we do is a waste of money, IMO. . .

*shrugs*

Shaun Rogers might be available in FA but Im not sure Pat is willing to fork over the cash. All the better if that means accommodating the boy kings early departure. But I doubt Pat will let Josh go and I doubt Pat will spend big money on FAs. I think people are being naive in overlooking Pats problems with money.

Ravage!!!
12-03-2010, 08:39 PM
Shaun Rogers might be available in FA but Im not sure Pat is willing to fork over the cash. All the better if that means accommodating the boy kings early departure. But I doubt Pat will let Josh go and I doubt Pat will spend big money on FAs. I think people are being naive in overlooking Pats problems with money.

Money problems? Thats exaggeration.

Softskull
12-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Its amazing how polar opposite we are politically, and 100% on the same sheet of music when it comes to this team. :hug: Peace on Earth.

Our hatred binds us. :beer:

And you're politics are just plain wrong. :eek:

atwater27
12-03-2010, 08:44 PM
There are some serious names missing on the apologist list.

dogfish
12-03-2010, 08:47 PM

is rogers going to be a free agent? KFFL lists him as one, but his rotoworld page says he signed a deal a few years ago. . .

he's not a slam dunk-- he comes with his share of baggage-- but i'd probably take a chance on him if the price wasn't ridiculous. . . it's tough to find competent nosetackles, especially ones that can move like he does. . . the concerns about his conditioning are very legit, but that goes along with his size to some degree. . .

in any case, i have very little faith that the current regime will address the defensive line with anything beyond more band-aids. . .

dogfish
12-03-2010, 08:49 PM
There are some serious names missing on the apologist list.

are you compiling a list for the purge?

:heh:

Jake Klug
12-03-2010, 08:52 PM
is rogers going to be a free agent? KFFL lists him as one, but his rotoworld page says he signed a deal a few years ago. . .

he's not a slam dunk-- he comes with his share of baggage-- but i'd probably take a chance on him if the price wasn't ridiculous. . . it's tough to find competent nosetackles, especially ones that can move like he does. . . the concerns about his conditioning are very legit, but that goes along with his size to some degree. . .

in any case, i have very little faith that the current regime will address the defensive line with anything beyond more band-aids. . .

Im not sure which source is more correct. I had seen him listed as a FA. Given his problems in Cleveland butting heads with Mangini, I wouldnt dismiss him becoming a FA.

But I have similar misgivings. The guy is 30 + and we might overspend for someone who's a stopgap...if that.

It might be preferrable to just invest in some young devensive linemen and go in that direction. Its something long overdue.

dogfish
12-03-2010, 08:58 PM
NTL. . .

:tsk:

gnomeflinger
12-03-2010, 09:04 PM
What about the "free beer" option? I want to be in that camp.

jhildebrand
12-03-2010, 09:58 PM
While I give McDaniels props when I like something, I am definitely no where near apologist.

claymore
12-03-2010, 10:01 PM
NTL. . .

:tsk:

He can be such a sally sometimes.

I Eat Staples
12-03-2010, 10:14 PM
on the other hand cassell is playing alot better than cutler this year....so who knows where we might be:confused:

It's not hard to play well enough to win games when your defense is playing great and you have the best running game in the NFL. Matt Cassell won't win a super bowl.

There are like 3-4 keepers on this squad. Royal/Clady are the only must keep guys.

Why Royal? He's just okay to me, I've never seen the explosiveness or whatever you guys see in him. And he hasn't been anything special as a punt returner either.

Dreadnought
12-03-2010, 10:24 PM
Really? Wow. I have a membership on that board, but was never able to post replies to threads there..maybe they require a member to swear blind allegiance to Mcd in order to be able to post...

nah, Taco John hates Mcdaniels like the Devil hates virtue. They have some guys who can't let go though, same as here. Its a tough thing; many of them never got over Plummer's meltdown and benching, blamed Cutler for their unhappiness, cheered when he got run off, and now - having gotten their heart's desire - secretly are realizing its a living nightmare. Tough pill to swallow, too much so for a number.

Dreadnought
12-03-2010, 10:26 PM
I don't care about him as an individual one way or the other.

I am a Bronco fan. I think he has made a multitude of decisions that have weakened the franchise. Had those decisions resulted in wins I would have acknowledged that I was wrong and been behind him. Those decisions have resulted in the worst Broncos football in recent memory and IMO it looks to get even worse.

I can't and won't swallow my tongue and watch him drag us down. I realize that what I post has as much effect as trying to fart upwind but I can't help trying.

FWIW, Dean said it perfectly for me.

Lancane
12-03-2010, 10:32 PM
This joke I found on the Denver Post Message Board in regard to an article on McDaniels...it's sad, but hilarious.

Lil Kevin was in his 5th grade class when the teacher asked what their fathers did for a living. The typical answers,Policeman, Fireman, Salesman ect. Kevin who had not shared finally replied in shame my dad is an exotic dancer at a gay bar and takes his clothes off for men. If the offer is right he will meet them in the alley to make love. Horrified by the answer the teacher took Kevin aside and asked if this was true. Kevin replied No my father plays football for the Denver Broncos I was just too embarrassed to tell the class.

Read more: Where did McDaniels' 6-0 Broncos go? - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16769437#ixzz176teFOYv
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

:lol:

TXBRONC
12-04-2010, 09:41 AM

No he's not their stats are a very similar.

To me it doesn't make sense to criticize Cutler when his team is 8-3 when our team is 3-8 and especially using a divisional rivial's quarterback to make the case.

jhildebrand
12-04-2010, 10:45 AM

To me it doesn't make sense to criticize Cutler when his team is 8-3 when our team is 3-8 and especially using a divisional rivial's quarterback to make the case.

Not to mention Cutler is in a much tougher division and without an Offensive line or real WR's. Cassell in KC was being carried for more than the first quarter of the season.

Ravage!!!
12-04-2010, 10:56 AM

Not to mention, all you have to do is WATCH the games and see that Cassel is NOT playing better than Cutler. Some people just look at the stat sheet to determine how someone is playing.

HORSEPOWER 56
12-04-2010, 11:01 AM
I want him gone as soon as possible. Not only has he not proven anything to me why he should be retained from a football perspective, I just don't like him as a person. Everything he does seems to be something I wouldn't if I were in his situation - from personnel moves to playcalling.

Maybe he's 100% right and I'm 100% wrong, but the fact that we're 3-8 and the laughingstock of the league for stuff other than just our record leads me to believe that isn't the case.

I realize I don't have to like him for him to be a good coach, but the fact that I don't think he's a good coach combined with the fact that I don't like him made it an easy decision.

I Eat Staples
12-04-2010, 01:28 PM
Maybe he's 100% right and I'm 100% wrong

I assure you this is not the case.

LoyalSoldier
12-04-2010, 03:57 PM
I'm in the camp of "Prove me you can do this"

Ravage!!!
12-04-2010, 06:26 PM
I'm in the camp of "Prove me you can do this"

THat leads to the question.... "what would it take to prove to you..." I don't think he could do anything, from my perspective, that would make me believe he has anything to offer. Even winning the rest of the games this year, would prove absolutely nothing to me.

TXBRONC
12-04-2010, 06:44 PM
THat leads to the question.... "what would it take to prove to you..." I don't think he could do anything, from my perspective, that would make me believe he has anything to offer. Even winning the rest of the games this year, would prove absolutely nothing to me.

As I said earlier I like the idea of finishing 8-8 better than finishing 3-13 or something like that and while I think that would save McDaniels job for sure I still wouldn't feel very comfortable with team going forward. When you have members of your own staff that don't trust you and don't care if they embarrass you I doubt you can have sustain success.