PDA

View Full Version : This ones for..............all the marbles !

T.K.O.
12-03-2010, 02:52 PM
that's right sports fans,
the Denver Broncos are playing for many things this sunday.
some are speculative ....
their coaches future ?
their professional pride ?
each other ?
the fans ?

but one thing is real.....concrete.....definite.....
Win and they gain 2 steps towards the miracle comeback of the century.:D

Lose....and they are eliminated from the playoff race earlier than many broncos fans have ever seen !:mad:

broncofaninfla
12-03-2010, 03:46 PM
I always want to win. Every Sunday regardless of who we are playing.

BORDERLINE
12-03-2010, 04:13 PM
*Herm Voice* (HELLO, you play to win the game)
I'll take the wins anytime
we are gonna be getting a top ten pick in this years draft
we should make the most of it
draft a top tier defensive linemen/linebacker/corner back
and focus 3/4 of our picks on defense

Dzone
12-03-2010, 04:42 PM
come on man, just win baby. I dont know if I could ever cheer for my Team to lose for the sake of draft choices. Nothing takes th e place of Victory. Dont think anybody is picking Denver to beat KC, which will make it even sweeter if we can kick KCs ass on Sunday

Krugan
12-03-2010, 04:46 PM
I just hope our guys still have some marbles left.

Might be that they all got shipped out of town to prevent the second hitting on of the bosses better half...

And that Bowlen can find his,seems some got lost in the last few years.

Sigh, im negative today, but its getting to close to what I feel will be another let down.

I Eat Staples
12-03-2010, 04:51 PM
I'd have no problem if the Broncos lost out and got a high draft pick and got rid of McDaniels, but there's no way in hell I'd ever cheer against them.

I'll cheer for my team each and every Sunday regardless, but if we do happen to lose I can at least have a high draft pick and possibly no McDaniels as a consolation prize.

dogfish
12-03-2010, 05:02 PM
i want to sweep the chefs, of course, but at this point i don't think one win is going to do shit for the morale of fans other than robert ethan and bosco. . .

UrbanBounca
12-03-2010, 05:08 PM
"I don't care anymore."
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I Eat Staples
12-03-2010, 05:09 PM
i want to sweep the chefs, of course, but at this point i don't think one win is going to do shit for the morale of fans of than robert ethan and bosco. . .

lol at robert ethan being a fan.

claymore
12-03-2010, 05:14 PM
lol at robert ethan being a fan.

There is no way he seriously believes what he posts. I think he is just screwing with us.

Krugan
12-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Honestly, I hope we win, but at this point I just want them to score 2 touchdowns. Wife out of town and I hate cooking for just me.

Free Tacos would make me happy.

This season has been such a bummer.

MileHighCrew
12-03-2010, 05:53 PM
I always vote for a win, but a loss could bring the end of Josh and I think that is a win.... I'm confused

I Eat Staples
12-03-2010, 10:24 PM
There is no way he seriously believes what he posts. I think he is just screwing with us.

The Gronkowskis have good senses of humor.

TXBRONC
12-04-2010, 09:27 AM
I think we are mathematically eliminated from playoffs TKO finishing 8-8 wont win the division or get us in as a wild card.

Nomad
12-04-2010, 09:30 AM
If TKO doesn't win the biggest homer award for this season then I believe it'll be a conspiracy and shame.....sorry top!!:D

Keep up the good work, TKO!!:2thumbs:

TXBRONC
12-04-2010, 09:32 AM
If TKO doesn't win the biggest homer award for this season then I believe it'll be a conspiracy and shame.....sorry top!!:D

Keep up the good work, TKO!!:thumbup:

TKO is homerism on steroids. :D

T.K.O.
12-04-2010, 03:17 PM
and damn proud of it !:salute::laugh:
and no the broncos are not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs YET !
but if they lose sunday they will be:mad:
i was gonna make a 4th option in the poll...."the broncos had a 6 game win streak last year and are gonna win-out and steal the div"
but i thought people might think i was a homer

TXBRONC
12-04-2010, 04:03 PM
and damn proud of it !:salute::laugh:
and no the broncos are not mathematically eliminated from the playoffs YET !
but if they lose sunday they will be:mad:
i was gonna make a 4th option in the poll...."the broncos had a 6 game win streak last year and are gonna win-out and steal the div"
but i thought people might think i was a homer

Yeah they are mathematically eliminated the numbers don't add up 8-8 record wont get anyone into the playoffs this year and rarely does anyway.

Nomad
12-04-2010, 05:10 PM
Yeah they are mathematically eliminated the numbers don't add up 8-8 record wont get anyone into the playoffs this year and rarely does anyway.

In the NFC west it will!:laugh:

I wish we still had the old AFC West with KC, Oak, SD, Sea, and Den!! I guess I just miss those days!!

T.K.O.
12-04-2010, 05:15 PM

no they are not...if kc and the broncos finish 8-8 denver would win the tiebreaker after beating them twice.
trust me i'm not blind enough to think it will happen,but mathematically they are not out unless kc wins sunday (or any other time this season;))

I Eat Staples
12-04-2010, 05:39 PM
The Chargers will win the AFC West. In fact, now that they found their rhythm, there's a good chance they won't lose another game this year until they inevitably choke in the playoffs.

Cugel
12-04-2010, 05:58 PM
I always want to win. Every Sunday regardless of who we are playing.

Normally, I agree. But, I just hate McDaniels so much I can't wait for him to be FIRED! And if the team wins a couple of games I'm afraid that will just give Bowlen the cover he needs to keep this ass-hat around for another season.

And that would be a worse total disaster than we've already suffered.

Can you even imagine what that ******* would do with yet ANOTHER draft and FA period to screw things up even worse? It would ensure that the Broncos would replace the Lions as the NFL's sad-sack for the next 10 years. :coffee:

Cugel
12-04-2010, 06:01 PM
The Chargers will win the AFC West. In fact, now that they found their rhythm, there's a good chance they won't lose another game this year until they inevitably choke in the playoffs.

I wouldn't count on them choking. Who's going to beat them? The Ravens? Maybe, but can the Ravens stay with the Chargers in a scoring contest if Phillip Rivers gets hot?

The Colts? They dominate the Colts as they proved again this year and really have their number. They are the ONE team the Colts are praying they don't face again in the playoffs.

The Steelers? Not so impressive this year. I don't think this is their year.

Patriots? This is one time that might defeat the Chargers, but that's no given. Pats aren't the juggernaut they were just a couple of seasons ago.

I wouldn't bet against the Chargers in the post-season this year (and I hate them and would love to be able to confidently predict their destruction). It's just not going to happen. :coffee:

I Eat Staples
12-04-2010, 06:02 PM
Normally, I agree. But, I just hate McDaniels so much I can't wait for him to be FIRED! And if the team wins a couple of games I'm afraid that will just give Bowlen the cover he needs to keep this ass-hat around for another season.

And that would be a worse total disaster than we've already suffered.

Can you even imagine what that ******* would do with yet ANOTHER draft and FA period to screw things up even worse? It would ensure that the Broncos would replace the Lions as the NFL's sad-sack for the next 10 years. :coffee:

I completely agree. I want to win every Sunday but honestly, if we finish strong and McD stays, it's much worse for our future.

That said, I'll cheer for the Broncos every Sunday. That's just always going to be in my mind.

Ravage!!!
12-04-2010, 06:20 PM
I don't think sweeping the Chiefs builds any moral, unless you actually hope/ believe its going to save McD's job

Buff
12-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I don't think sweeping the Chiefs builds any moral, unless you actually hope/ believe its going to save McD's job

Another win might not build much morale in Denver, but it will sure crush Kansas City's... And I will take a lot of satisfaction from that.

Ravage!!!
12-04-2010, 06:28 PM
One win might not build much morale in Denver, but it will sure crush Kansas City's... And I will take a lot of satisfaction from that.

Not me. I'm more of one that believes in taking care of your own house, and let the chips fall elsewhere. Simply winning a battle while losing the war, doesn't make me feel better.

TXBRONC
12-04-2010, 06:29 PM
no they are not...if kc and the broncos finish 8-8 denver would win the tiebreaker after beating them twice.
trust me i'm not blind enough to think it will happen,but mathematically they are not out unless kc wins sunday (or any other time this season;))

Not that's true, we are four back in loss column we can't any loses at all. Besides that Chargers have the edge on us even if all three teams finish with 8-8 record.

Buff
12-04-2010, 06:32 PM
Not me. I'm more of one that believes in taking care of your own house, and let the chips fall elsewhere. Simply winning a battle while losing the war, doesn't make me feel better.

Well, I shouldn't say "a lot" of satisfaction. I'm not going to be celebrating or anything. But I just can't stand all of the teams in our division and love to see them fail. And I especially despise Todd Haley...

Plus, it's always nice to sweep any division opponent.

TXBRONC
12-04-2010, 06:47 PM
Well, I shouldn't say "a lot" of satisfaction. I'm not going to be celebrating or anything. But I just can't stand all of the teams in our division and love to see them fail. And I especially despise Todd Haley...

Plus, it's always nice to sweep any division opponent.

Agreed I can't stand the other teams in our division either but I don't despise Haley because of what happened between him and McDaniels. I'm more concerned with our coach's problem of not being able to work and play well with others.

dogfish
12-04-2010, 06:49 PM
Another win might not build much morale in Denver, but it will sure crush Kansas City's... And I will take a lot of satisfaction from that.

i can agree with that. . . one win won't do much to change my opinion of the current regime and direction of the team at this point, but i ALWAYS want to beat the fade, chiefs and sparklers. . . i don't care if we're 1-14, i still want to beat them-- particularly if we can hurt their potential playoff hopes. . .

Softskull
12-04-2010, 06:54 PM

Me, I'm a very small person. I find great satisfaction in ANY Chiefs or Raider loss. If it's delivered from our hand, it's twice as satisfying. A bit of schadenfreude is good for my dark soul.

Buff
12-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Agreed I can't stand the other teams in our division either but I don't despise Haley because of what happened between him and McDaniels. I'm more concerned with our coach's problem with inability to work and play well with others.

But even if you hate McDaniels, what did he do to wrong Todd Haley? Absolutely nothing.

It's professional football... The defenders are getting paid millions of dollars to keep the other team from scoring and Haley is mad because Knowshon is still in the game? He ought to be wagging his finger at his players, not our coach.

Our internal problems shouldn't be any of Todd Haley's concern. I didn't like the guy before the hand shaking incident, but that was the icing on the cake.

T.K.O.
12-04-2010, 08:39 PM
But even if you hate McDaniels, what did he do to wrong Todd Haley? Absolutely nothing.

It's professional football... The defenders are getting paid millions of dollars to keep the other team from scoring and Haley is mad because Knowshon is still in the game? He ought to be wagging his finger at his players, not our coach.

Our internal problems shouldn't be any of Todd Haley's concern. I didn't like the guy before the hand shaking incident, but that was the icing on the cake.

rumor is that he may have been wagging his finger and saying "people are talking about you" because of the video taping thing.
if that turns out to be the case and the reason we beat them so easily....consider josh toast in denver and maybe the league:shocked:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-04-2010, 09:03 PM
I really don't care. This is the first time in recent memory I can remember us being out of it so early. It's always great to beat one of our division rivals, but it's worth it to me to lose out since we have nothing to play for to keep putting nails in the coffin of McDaniels. I would rather have a new coach than to win out with McDaniels.

TXBRONC
12-04-2010, 09:49 PM
rumor is that he may have been wagging his finger and saying "people are talking about you" because of the video taping thing.
if that turns out to be the case and the reason we beat them so easily....consider josh toast in denver and maybe the league:shocked:

If that were true I wouldn't shed tear for, and worse yet the Broncos would more than likely lose their number one pick.

Thankfully the League believes this is an isolated incident but unfortunately the stench of embarrassment isn't going to go away anytime soon.

I Eat Staples
12-04-2010, 10:40 PM

I agree. I think it's a joke when teams bitch about running up the score. If you don't like the other team dropping 40+ then stop someone.

T.K.O.
12-05-2010, 12:00 PM
I agree. I think it's a joke when teams bitch about running up the score. If you don't like the other team dropping 40+ then stop someone.

i dont recall haley resting charles last year when he was torching us for 200+ yds:shocked: