PDA

View Full Version : Hi Everyone

Tned
08-27-2007, 12:38 PM
Hi Everyone.

The color scheme is mostly done, but there are a few adjustments that need to be made, such as the color scheme when adding a post, the buttons, etc. I will start addressing those this week.

T

topscribe
08-27-2007, 06:24 PM
Had a time getting in, mostly because I don't seem to know how to follow instructions.

Looks like all full ahead so far! (Smilies are kind of limited, though, aren't they?)

-----

admin
08-27-2007, 06:32 PM
Had a time getting in, mostly because I don't seem to know how to follow instructions.

Looks like all full ahead so far! (Smilies are kind of limited, though, aren't they?)

-----

Yep, those are the default smilies. We will need to roundup some new ones to add to it. I'll add it to the list of things that need to be worked on.

Lonestar
08-27-2007, 07:39 PM
Yep, those are the default smilies. We will need to roundup some new ones to add to it. I'll add it to the list of things that need to be worked on.

Perhaps a lighter shade of back ground not quite so black at least on my screen.

Jody
08-27-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm amazed at what you have accomplished in such a short amount of time, tned! Nice job!:D

We can all refer to one another as "Junior" now (junior members)!

topscribe
08-27-2007, 07:41 PM
Perhaps a lighter shade of back ground not quite so black at least on my screen.
Better than the white, though, right?

Wow, this edit screen is really white. But bearable since it's not full-time.

-----

topscribe
08-27-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm amazed at what you have accomplished in such a short amount of time, tned! Nice job!:D

We can all refer to one another as "Junior" now (junior members)!
Short time, and big expense.

We've got to figure a way to throw him a party someday.

-----

topscribe
08-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Tned, did you get my PM?

-----

Jody
08-27-2007, 07:51 PM
Short time, and big expense.

We've got to figure a way to throw him a party someday.

-----

I think so! Hey---and it's up before the game! Woo Hoo!

Hey tned....you must be lacking some sleep about now, eh?

Tned
08-27-2007, 08:09 PM

LOL, it's identical to the one you used to like. But, I can certainly lighten it. A previous version I had was lighter.

Tned
08-27-2007, 08:12 PM
I think so! Hey---and it's up before the game! Woo Hoo!

Hey tned....you must be lacking some sleep about now, eh?

I finished up around 2:15 last night/this morning, went into bed at 2:30 and while tip toeing in not to wake up my wife, I stepped on one of the dogs squeak toys!! lol

Lonestar
08-27-2007, 08:26 PM

Bingo much better IMHO CP to you when it happens!!!!!!!

Not sure what happened but the light blue was here a second ago here today gone tomorrow.

Lonestar
08-27-2007, 08:29 PM
LOL, it's identical to the one you used to like. But, I can certainly lighten it. A previous version I had was lighter.

I liked the lighter one might want ask around thought this one seems to be black on my machine while the old one was in between this and what was here a minute ago.

Tned
08-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Bingo much better IMHO CP to you when it happens!!!!!!!

Not sure what happened but the light blue was here a second ago here today gone tomorrow.

Trying different shades. How about this one, or do you want to go with one of the lighter ones like I had before?

topscribe
08-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Well, JR, it looks like it's not quite as bright as it was, but brighter than the
dark blue. A good compromise color, maybe?

-----

topscribe
08-27-2007, 08:30 PM
Trying different shades. How about this one, or do you want to go with one of the lighter ones like I had before?
I like this one a lot, Tned.

-----

Tned
08-27-2007, 08:31 PM
Well, JR, it looks like it's not quite as bright as it was, but brighter than the
dark blue. A good compromise color, maybe?

-----

I'm going to put a lighter shade on the quoted material so you guys can choose which looks better.

topscribe
08-27-2007, 08:34 PM
I'm going to put a lighter shade on the quoted material so you guys can choose which looks better.
JR seems to like the lighter shade, whereas I like the one not quite as light,
but lighter than the dark one. But I can live with either one. Doesn't matter.

-----

topscribe
08-27-2007, 08:54 PM
:(

--------

Tned
08-27-2007, 08:55 PM

--------

Haven't found the setting to increase the font size on the thread title yet.

Tned
08-27-2007, 09:08 PM
Test :D

Hey guys

Hey, hey. We have been playing with color combinations and other settings, so the site is a bit messed up now, but getting back into shape.

topscribe
08-27-2007, 09:09 PM
One of my favorites!! Welcome! :)

-----

Tned
08-27-2007, 09:17 PM
This is a nice board, and thanks to DN for telling me about it ;)

Just working the kinks out. You can see from the graphic in the upper left "Welcome to the Broncos Forums", we have lightened the background color and made some other changes, but now there are a few mismatches. We'll get it lined out soon.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2007, 09:17 PM

--------

I'm FINALLY here tops - I sent you and tend an email stating I was receiving all kinds of replies to the pms I had sent, and I have been directing people here, and let me say - WELCOME TO ALL MY ONLINE FRIENDS:D

topscribe
08-27-2007, 09:20 PM
I'm FINALLY here tops - I sent you and tend an email stating I was receiving all kinds of replies to the pms I had sent, and I have been directing people here, and let me say - WELCOME TO ALL MY ONLINE FRIENDS:D
All the sudden, the board seems more complete . . . :)

-----

Tned
08-27-2007, 09:21 PM

We have all kinds of new guests, you must have been PMing up a storm.

Denver Native (Carol)
08-27-2007, 09:25 PM
We have all kinds of new guests, you must have been PMing up a storm.

Yes I have - I hope they are not just guests, but register :) By the way, why am I a Junior member ???? :D

Tned
08-27-2007, 09:25 PM
Yes I have - I hope they are not just guests, but register :) By the way, why am I a Junior member ???? :D

Because you look so young! ;)

Lonestar
08-27-2007, 09:26 PM
Because you look so young! ;)

ZING!!! Is your nose growing?

topscribe
08-27-2007, 09:27 PM
Tned is #1 because he paid for everything.

You're #2 because you're the spark plug that fired everything up. (But #1 in my heart. ;) )

So you are . . . ummm . . . a SENIOR junior member. :D

-----

Lonestar
08-27-2007, 09:35 PM
The light gray background for editing and posting is Good. I can take my shades off. :cool:

Tned
08-27-2007, 09:36 PM
The light gray background for editing and posting is Good. I can take my shades off.

I'm afraid if I changed it to Blue like the main background that we would have problems with all the buttons and stuff. I can make it a bit darker grey if needed.

Lonestar
08-27-2007, 09:41 PM
I'm afraid if I changed it to Blue like the main background that we would have problems with all the buttons and stuff. I can make it a bit darker grey if needed.

It is great IMHO like it is now. CP to you oh yeah not ready for that yet are we?

Did you get the report I did a few minutes ago?

Tned
08-27-2007, 09:43 PM
It is great IMHO like it is now. CP to you oh yeah not ready for that yet are we?

Did you get the report I did a few minutes ago?

Yes, I did.

I just went to BM, and after going back to the Blue for a little while, the white is REALLY bright. lol

DenBronx
08-27-2007, 09:49 PM
awesome job tned!

didnt know ya had it in you! i'll spread the word and this site is now officially in my favorites. ;)

Tned
08-27-2007, 09:52 PM
awesome job tned!

didnt know ya had it in you! i'll spread the word and this site is now officially in my favorites. ;)

Denver Native was the inspiration.

I'm a bit bleary eyed at the moment, since I worked well into the morning getting it setup. We didn't decide until yesterday afternoon to do it.

We'll get most of the kinks worked out in the next couple days. :D

Tned
08-27-2007, 09:54 PM
So does this site follow the same COC as BM?

To be determined. We are getting to get some input and hopefully have a common sense set of guidelines. In general, we want this board to represent the desires of its members. There are no agendas here, just trying to have a community all of us will enjoy spending time on.

Tned
08-27-2007, 09:57 PM
I understand what you mean TD. At BM everytime i had a sig someone would complain and i wouldnt be able to keep it up. Thanks for letting me know.

Also, I invision (but again TBD), that most decisions like that will be voted on by the mods (TBD), the entire group of members, or a subset. In essence, if a sige REALLY is offensive to a great many people, then it needs to be addressed. If someone 'thinks' it 'might' be offensive, then it should stay.

Broncos Mtnman
08-27-2007, 10:47 PM

OK Tned, what am I missing?

The page is dark. Is that what you're talking about?

The message box is grey.

Tned
08-27-2007, 10:48 PM

The message box is grey.

Yes, talking about the screen that pops up to add a new post. Until a little while ago, it was bright white, like the color behind the font dropdown and size drop down. It was blinding every time you were reading a post and hit reply and this bright white new post form popped up.

broncosfanscott
08-28-2007, 01:32 AM

Yeah, thanks for the PM DN.

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-28-2007, 09:11 AM
Hi Everyone!!!!!!!

Jaws
08-28-2007, 09:14 AM
Hey BSD

*waves*

:)

Den21vsBal19
08-28-2007, 09:16 AM
Hi, folks :D

Jaws
08-28-2007, 09:23 AM
You lost a hyphen along the way Den ;)

Den21vsBal19
08-28-2007, 09:24 AM
You lost a hyphen along the way Den ;)

I WANT MY HYPHEN BACK!!!!!!:mad:

Ah well, I'm sure I'll learn to live withough it:(

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-28-2007, 09:26 AM

The message box is grey.Im in Mtn Man

BroncoSexyDaddy
08-28-2007, 09:36 AM
Hey BSD

*waves*

:)Hi Sharkie :D

arapaho2
08-28-2007, 09:51 AM
All the sudden, the board seems more complete . . . :)

-----

now its complete!!!!!! :D

Skywalker
08-28-2007, 10:16 AM
Hello everybody

Tned
08-28-2007, 10:18 AM
Hey BSD, SkyWalker, DenBal and anyone else I missed!! :wave: (that's a virtual smilie) :D

BroncoManiac_69
08-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Thanks Madaam Jawsie for the link :)

You all can run but you can't hide. LOL :D

Jaws
08-28-2007, 11:15 AM
You're welcome BM69.

Glad to see you made it :D

Broncomania96
08-28-2007, 02:00 PM
We are getting alot of people hopefully they keep comming. :D. Nice job TD and DN this is really turning into a good board.

Nomad
08-28-2007, 02:19 PM
I didn't think the white was such a big deal but now that I'm on a site with the blue again I am proven wrong. A big difference on the eye strain. I've got to hand to you Ladies and Gents you all have done a great service to many BRONCO fans.

Lonestar
08-28-2007, 02:24 PM
I didn't think the white was such a big deal but now that I'm on a site with the blue again I am proven wrong. A big difference on the eye strain. I've got to hand to you Ladies and Gents you all have done a great service to many BRONCO fans.

Welcome aboard. Yes we all know now how easy it is to change the color scheme. We value good posters here.

Requiem / The Dagda
08-28-2007, 02:24 PM
Interesting site. Tnedator, did you start this?

I'll have to check in once and a while, if you ever need any help with logos or design, let me know, I could help spruce this place up a wee bit.

Keep up the good work.

BroncoManiac_69
08-28-2007, 02:28 PM
I am trying to put my eagle in my signature. Hmmm. I can see it in the preview but not on my post. I need to find some time to update myself around here......

BroncoManiac_69
08-28-2007, 02:29 PM
There it is! :)

KCL
08-28-2007, 07:40 PM

-----

same here Top,It took me several tries....I got held up on the

password thing....;)

Tned
08-28-2007, 07:42 PM
same here Top,It took me several tries....I got held up on the

password thing....;)

I hate the password thingy. It is designed to keep the spam bots that plagued BM off the forum, so I think it is worth the little extra during the registration, to hopefully keep them out.

Sometimes I have to go through three or four images. A lot of times I can't tell if it is a lower or upper case letter. :(

Rick
08-28-2007, 07:53 PM
I "think" I saw a mod somewhere that allows you to answer some sort of question instead.

I have not used it so I can't tell you how good it is but might be an alternative over the captcha images.

Tned
08-28-2007, 08:49 PM
I "think" I saw a mod somewhere that allows you to answer some sort of question instead.

I have not used it so I can't tell you how good it is but might be an alternative over the captcha images.

As soon as I get a breather, I am going to setup a test vBulletin site, which will be a mirror of this. Now that we are up and running, I will probably want to check out any mods on a test version of BroncosForums, to make sure I avoid any system outages.

Broncomania96
08-28-2007, 10:53 PM
I hate the password thingy. It is designed to keep the spam bots that plagued BM off the forum, so I think it is worth the little extra during the registration, to hopefully keep them out.

Sometimes I have to go through three or four images. A lot of times I can't tell if it is a lower or upper case letter. :(

Ya i hate those things, there confusing. But they keep spambots away so its worth it. :D

omac
09-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Just wanted to say I really like this shade of blue that the background color has; I might be imagining, but I think it looks better than the one formerly used in the old site. It looks kinda greyish-navy-blue. Whatever it is, it looks real nice. :cheers:

Tned
09-01-2007, 01:47 PM
Just wanted to say I really like this shade of blue that the background color has; I might be imagining, but I think it looks better than the one formerly used in the old site. It looks kinda greyish-navy-blue. Whatever it is, it looks real nice. :cheers:

It's quite a bit lighter. Ironically, I started with a 'similar' ;) color the the old BM, and had quite a few people say that it was too dark, it was nearly black. So, we played around (you might see some early posts where we are chatting about which one we like, etc.) and settled on this one.

I think it's a nice compromise, blue, but not too dark. Definately have some cleanup, on some of the borders and stuff. Dream has helped out by making the top banner, and is workin on some custom buttons to get rid of th grey/blue ones.

Some time this weekend, I will get a test server up, and I will start doing future changes on that and test them, so that people using the forum don't have to see 'on the fly' testing.

Tned
09-01-2007, 02:00 PM
For those interested, this was the old sites's, old scheme.

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/DarkBlue.jpg

http://www.broncos07.com/downloads/DarkBlueText.jpg

The blue might have been more striking, but I think the white almost became a bit neon, almost the opposite effect of what happens with the black text on white background.

broncosfanscott
09-01-2007, 08:25 PM
This shade of blue is perfect. The old scheme looks black when you compare the two. Keep this color Tned, it works well.

Denver Native (Carol)
09-01-2007, 08:47 PM
This shade of blue is perfect. The old scheme looks black when you compare the two. Keep this color Tned, it works well.

I agree - I like this one :elefant:

Tned
09-01-2007, 09:22 PM
Man, I can't believe I didn't have a more recent screen shot, I only had 6 bars there!!! :laugh:

omac
09-01-2007, 10:29 PM
It's quite a bit lighter. Ironically, I started with a 'similar' ;) color the the old BM, and had quite a few people say that it was too dark, it was nearly black. So, we played around (you might see some early posts where we are chatting about which one we like, etc.) and settled on this one.

I think it's a nice compromise, blue, but not too dark. Definately have some cleanup, on some of the borders and stuff. Dream has helped out by making the top banner, and is workin on some custom buttons to get rid of th grey/blue ones.

Some time this weekend, I will get a test server up, and I will start doing future changes on that and test them, so that people using the forum don't have to see 'on the fly' testing.

Cool, thanks for all the effort guys. It's much appreciated.

And I don't mind the on-the-fly testing; if they considered doing that on the official site, the background color issue would've been cleared up long ago. :cheers: