PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Hillis was traded from Broncos Cause He Hit on McDaniels' Wife

MichaelAngelo
12-02-2010, 05:36 PM
Full Story: http://bit.ly/hQBBaU

Mark Schlereth and Alfred Williams, who claimed on 104.3 the Fan today that it has long been common knowledge within the Broncos organization. Apparently, the story goes that Hillis – who is a single bachelor about town – made the moves on McDaniels wife, Laura shortly after they got to Denver.

It’s unclear whether or not Peyton actually knew who he was hitting on, but regardless, McDaniels supposedly got wind of it, and that was all she wrote for Hillis.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/PeytonHillis-LauraMcDaniels_tile.jpg

Northman
12-02-2010, 05:40 PM
She looks eerily McDaniels his sister. Same jokerish smile.

nevcraw
12-02-2010, 05:44 PM

No wonder the the hillbilly liked her.

Jake Klug
12-02-2010, 05:45 PM
I dont care.

slim
12-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Mark and Al's show hasn't even started yet.

It starts at 4:00 MST.

Lancane
12-02-2010, 05:46 PM
What's he so mad about...did he see the size of Hillis' manhood and decide it's too much to handle that it wanted to devour his wife? Or is he pissed because someone thought she was good looking and hit on her, most men would be flattered, as long as the buck stopped there.

My issue with this is no matter if it's true or not, but if there is any truth to it, was he more pissed because Mrs. McDumbass actually flirted back? Did Hillis actually plow his wife's field? Because hitting on someone last time I checked was not a firing offense, but then again...we are talking about Belichick's mini-me.

:lol:

Jake Klug
12-02-2010, 05:48 PM
I bet Mrs McDaniels would really like to get with Hillis right about now. That guys a winner.

slim
12-02-2010, 05:48 PM
What's he so mad about...did he see the size of Hillis' manhood and decide it's too much to handle that it wanted to devour his wife? Or is he pissed because someone thought she was good looking and hit on her, most men would be flattered, as long as the buck stopped there.

My issue with this is no matter if it's true or not, but if there is any truth to it, was he more pissed because Mrs. McDumbass actually flirted back? Did Hillis actually plow his wife's field? Because hitting on someone last time I checked was not a firing offense, but then again...we are talking about Belichick's mini-me.

Yeah, you should hit on your boss' wife. Then you two can have good laugh about it at the office Christmas party. That's the way things work in the real world.

gnomeflinger
12-02-2010, 05:51 PM
:hahaha:

Nomad
Mark and Al's show hasn't even started yet.

It starts at 4:00 MST.

What station??

topscribe
Full Story: http://bit.ly/hQBBaU

Mark Schlereth and Alfred Williams, who claimed on 104.3 the Fan today that it has long been common knowledge within the Broncos organization. Apparently, the story goes that Hillis – who is a single bachelor about town – made the moves on McDaniels wife, Laura shortly after they got to Denver.

It’s unclear whether or not Peyton actually knew who he was hitting on, but regardless, McDaniels supposedly got wind of it, and that was all she wrote for Hillis.

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/PeytonHillis-LauraMcDaniels_tile.jpg

That was yesterday's program, I believe, and I heard some of it. I wasn't
paying too much attention, but my ear caught some of that, and it seemed
to me at the time they were joking around, as they often do.

-----

slim
What station??

104.3 The Fan.

Nomad
12-02-2010, 05:53 PM
104.3 The Fan.

:doh: I'm a dumbass...it's in the OPs post:lol:!! Thanks slim!!:beer:

slim
12-02-2010, 05:54 PM
:doh: I'm a dumbass...it's in the OPs post:lol:!! Thanks slim!!:beer:

I'll be the judge of that :coffee:

:welcome:

camdisco24
12-02-2010, 05:57 PM
haha, I don't believe it, but it certainly gave me a laugh!!

Lancane
12-02-2010, 05:57 PM
Yeah, you should hit on your boss' wife. Then you two can have good laugh about it at the office Christmas party. That's the way things work in the real world.

Not if he didn't know, my cousin hit on Vance Johnson's wife in what was it, 93'...he was a big Broncos fan in town from out of Wyoming. He didn't know she was married or to whom, but then Vance came over, we all laughed about it after the fact, but there is no harm no foul if he didn't know.

Right now, I'd screw her to piss him off, maybe Hillis meant to do it, trade our quarterback...now give me your ol' lady! Who the hell knows...the Christmas party could have been a gang bang of a time!

Jake Klug
12-02-2010, 06:00 PM
Not if he didn't know, my cousin hit on Vance Johnson's wife in what was it, 93'...he was a big Broncos fan in town from out of Wyoming. He didn't know she was married or to whom, but then Vance came over, we all laughed about it after the fact, but there is no harm no foul if he didn't know.

Right now, I'd screw her to piss him off, maybe Hillis meant to do it, trade our quarterback...now give me your ol' lady! Who the hell knows...the Christmas party could have been a gang bang of a time!

I bet he said, "drop the zero and get with the hero!"

BTW, hearing this just makes me like Hillis even more.

slim
12-02-2010, 06:02 PM
That was yesterday's program, I believe, and I heard some of it. I wasn't
paying too much attention, but my ear caught some of that, and it seemed
to me at the time they were joking around, as they often do.

-----

It had to be a joke. Otherwise, Scott and Mike would have been talking about it today.

dogfish
12-02-2010, 06:04 PM
this would actually make some kind of sense-- which makes it more plausible than any other explanation we've been offered. . .

dogfish
12-02-2010, 06:04 PM
at 3-8 and with his job on the line, i wonder if josh would trade his wife to get hillis back?

:heh:

jhildebrand
12-02-2010, 06:45 PM
It wasn't a joke and it was discussed on 87.7 the ticket yesterday and a couple of other times. This rumor has gone around for a while now.

broncobryce
12-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Hi, I'm Dave Chappelle.

dogfish
12-02-2010, 06:47 PM
Hi, I'm Dave Chappelle.

cool. . . go get me some cocaine!

KCL
12-02-2010, 07:16 PM
Years ago when Marty was our coach it was rumored that him and Greg Hill were messing around with the same gal..Marty knocked her up...left the Chiefs and moved out of the area and Hill was let go before that...not sure if there was any truth to it but that was the story...I know it's different from this story but this made me think of it.

Northman
12-02-2010, 07:19 PM
cool. . . go get me some cocaine!

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:65iwL73xXrm5_M:http://pix.motivatedphotos.com/2009/12/10/633960746448367885-DrRockso.jpg&t=1

Dzone
12-02-2010, 07:22 PM
I just found out a few days ago about 104.3 The Fan. I heard about it on this board...damn now I cant get enough of it...I get it on my phone now...Geezo, when does a love of sports become a bit too obsessive? LOL...
As for Hillis, well, if it was an accident, no big deal..but I believe that Josh is insecure enough to bench a guy and then unload him for such a thing...
Josh is about 5-4 150 pounds...He may have a Napoleon Complex

girler
12-02-2010, 07:24 PM
I hit on everybody, but Mr.B doesn't make them go away, he just laughs because I go home with him. :hi:

Way to go Josh, hurt the team because your manhood is threatened. :bozo:

Bosco
12-02-2010, 07:25 PM
Didn't we just have a thread on this bullshit rumor?

scott.475
12-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Marty knocked her up.

KCL, I swear, why would you put that image in my head? It made me puke a little. :shocked:

Being "the single man about town" does not seem to be in Peyton's character so I don't buy this story at all.

nevcraw
12-02-2010, 08:37 PM
I bet he said, "drop the zero and get with the hero!"
BTW, hearing this just makes me like Hillis even more.

Do really want to make Hillis sound like one of the douchy prepsters from "pretty in Pink"?

Northman
12-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Guess McD was pissed that Hillis had more beef than bun.

BroncoStud
12-02-2010, 10:25 PM
I'm glad Josh put personal problems ahead of the Denver Broncos and the fans... Way to be a standup guy dude...

Get the F%#& over it and play football. Don't trade away a damn good player because you're insecure.

I Eat Staples
12-02-2010, 10:31 PM

I was going to say I'd hit until I read this.

Now I wouldn't touch that with a 50 foot poll.

nevcraw
12-02-2010, 10:43 PM
Didn't we just have a thread on this bullshit rumor?

it's for realss playa...

Bosco
12-02-2010, 11:08 PM
it's for realss playa...

I might buy it, if the timeline wasn't completely bullshit. Let's assume for a minute that this is true. If it happened right after McDaniels got to Denver and it pissed Josh off so much, why did he keep Hillis around during the whole season, much less give him playing time throughout the preseason and first couple weeks? Hillis obviously had value after doing nothing in 2009, so you figure he had to have just as good or better value coming into the year. Why not trade him then?

Doesn't pass the smell test. Bet anything it's just more baseless gossip.

BroncoStud
12-02-2010, 11:38 PM
My wife gets hit on all the time. We go out, she gets hit on, I get to hang out and not have to deal with her for a while. Only someone really insecure would go that far as to hurt the team he coaches because a player hit on his wife... You gotta be kidding me.

TXBRONC
12-02-2010, 11:50 PM
My wife gets hit on all the time. We go out, she gets hit on, I get to hang out and not have to deal with her for a while. Only someone really insecure would go that far as to hurt the team he coaches because a player hit on his wife... You gotta be kidding me.

I don't this true at all.

That aside his reasoning for getting rid of Hillis isn't worth piss in a bucket imho.

Bosco
12-03-2010, 12:00 AM
I don't this true at all.

I knew you could be reasonable. :D

underrated29
12-03-2010, 12:08 AM

For real man. I was the same way with my ex.

Jamie foxx hit on my exwife at the airport and I was like-SWEET, introduce me to him!! Only one time did I ever get pissed at a dude hitting on my girl. I do not think it was the case. Hillis was even starting too until he fumbled the kickoff.

BCJ
12-03-2010, 04:23 AM
look, it might be a damn good time for Mrs. McDaniels to take up Hillis' offer since he looks like he has a nice stable job, be it in Cleveland, while Mr. McDaniels might be in the unemployment line with millions of others looking for a job.

Dzone
12-03-2010, 07:04 AM
look, it might be a damn good time for Mrs. McDaniels to take up Hillis' offer since he looks like he has a nice stable job, be it in Cleveland, while Mr. McDaniels might be in the unemployment line with millions of others looking for a job.
With $$$Millions that he banked.

Dirk
12-03-2010, 08:43 AM
Remind me why The Black Hole was created?

broncofaninfla
12-03-2010, 09:03 AM
Not playing Hillis, starting chumps ahead of him then eventually paying Cleveland handsomely to take him makes me think there was more to it than a football decision but it's still hard to believe this story.

broncofaninfla
12-03-2010, 09:12 AM
Whether this be true or not the simple fact that a thread like this exists shows there was no football reason to not play Hillis and trade him and that Mcd was ignorant for doing so.

TXBRONC
12-03-2010, 09:27 AM
Whether this be true or not the simple fact that a thread like this exists shows there was no football reason to not play Hillis and trade him and that Mcd was ignorant for doing so.

When McDaniels traded Hillis I wasn't against initially because I knew the reason he want Quinn for the purpose of competing with Orton and the fact Quinn had run the exact same offense in college. However, sometime later McDaniels gave rather weak answer for trading Hillis. He said traded Hillis because he didn't fit into his scheme. To me that was b.s. because he came in saying he wanted a power running game what the hell is Hillis 250 lbs scatback? If Hillis doesn't Moreno was complete waist because he's more a power back than Tatum Bell was. Moreno is better suited to zone blocking scheme imho.

D1g1tal j1m
12-03-2010, 12:02 PM
I personally don't believe this "rumor".

As far as someone hitting on my wife, if it was a celebrity or some stranger then I can let it slide a bit. If it was a coworker or subordinate of mine then there will be issues and tension in the office that cannot be "laughed away".

slim
12-03-2010, 12:10 PM

As far as someone hitting on my wife, if it was a celebrity or some stranger then I can let it slide a bit. If it was a coworker or subordinate of mine then there will be issues and tension in the office that cannot be "laughed away".

I am glad we don't work together, because I have been thinking about hitting on your wife.

Cugel
12-03-2010, 12:23 PM

That's the adult way to be. You trust your wife and unless somebody is harassing her and leaning all over her and making her uncomfortable, then it's not a problem. You know perfectly well she's not going to start dating any of these guys so who cares?

But, arrogant insecure people are very possessive. I had a friend whom I just had to dump because it was uncomfortable to be around him and his wife. He would glare at people on the street who were just LOOKING at his wife and shout at them "Hey! Who do you think you're looking at!" Basically challenging them to a fight for checking out his wife!

McDaniels seems to have been unable to get over it. I'm not sure why, but it probably just soured him on Hillis and he just never really gave him a chance.

Coaches do that all the time. Remember that the Georgia coach had Terrell Davis on his team for 3 years and never even USED him! He just never gave him a chance to be the star on that team.

Can you imagine a bigger failure? You have an NFL Hall of Fame caliber RB on your college squad (and remember unlike the NFL the talent difference in college is very significant). But you don't bother to make use of him?

They could have ridden him to at least a Bowl appearance and possibly more (he was SB MVP after all).

McDaniels just didn't appreciate Hillis for some reason, and being arrogant, he refused to revise his opinion. Now he's being embarrassed on a weekly basis by Hillis' success, but he just shrugs it off and says "it's all in the past."

No accountability. :coffee:

Cugel
12-03-2010, 12:25 PM

If they did it deliberately KNOWING that she was your wife and RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, that's different. But, if the guy didn't know, then it's just a harmless error, not a deliberate insult.

And in any case, what difference does it really make anyway? You either trust your wife or get a divorce. There's really nothing in between. :coffee:

D1g1tal j1m
12-03-2010, 12:26 PM
I am glad we don't work together, because I have been thinking about hitting on your wife.

I would let that slide if you took her to dinner and brought her home with some take out for me...

arapaho2
12-03-2010, 12:31 PM
mcdoush getting rid of hillis because he thought hillis would steal his wife makes more sense then the other reasons of " he dont fit our new power scheme...or he's to stupid to play

considering the dude has 1319 all purpose yards..13 TDs..and a healthy 6.75 yards per touch in a power scheme

slim
12-03-2010, 12:43 PM
If they did it deliberately KNOWING that she was your wife and RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU, that's different. But, if the guy didn't know, then it's just a harmless error, not a deliberate insult.

And in any case, what difference does it really make anyway? You either trust your wife or get a divorce. There's really nothing in between. :coffee:

Ridiculous. If one of your employees is hitting on your wife, there is going to be issues.

nevcraw
12-03-2010, 12:53 PM
I heard from my sources (we will just call him PB) that the Mcdaniels new kid came out of the womb wearing camo and yelling for someone to "git hims some milk"

Nomad
12-03-2010, 12:56 PM
Why would Hillis be hitting on McDaniels wife anyway, it's not like they are cousins!!:drum::D

Dirk
12-03-2010, 01:22 PM
Why would Hillis be hitting on McDaniels wife anyway, it's not like they are cousins!!:drum::D

I see what you did there! :laugh:

I Eat Staples
12-03-2010, 03:10 PM

This.

broncobryce
12-04-2010, 03:34 PM
Mark Schlereth said via twitter that this is not true. I thought it was ridiculous from the beginning.
http://twitter.com/#!/markschlereth

@markschlereth Stink, did Mcdaniels really trade Hillis cuz Hillis hit on Josh's wife? You're cited as a source.
@mattsanta where is that coming from? I've heard the rumor on my radio show but quickly dismissed it

@Fritolaylos no not true. Some one called our show and floated that and we dismissed it!

Dzone
12-04-2010, 04:11 PM
anybody hear the guy who called in to 104.3 yesterday and started to talk about Hillis hitting on Mcds wife and they hung up on the guy and went right to the next caller?...LOL

OrangeHorizon
12-04-2010, 04:55 PM
He had no justification other than he is a terrible, awful, shitty head coach.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/update_hillismcdaniels_rumor_confirmed_false/3727005

Cugel
12-04-2010, 06:05 PM
Ridiculous. If one of your employees is hitting on your wife, there is going to be issues.

NOT if the guy didn't know it was your wife. Unless YOU are one of those arrogant A******* who just are looking for excuses for conflict.

Bosco
12-04-2010, 06:12 PM
NOT if the guy didn't know it was your wife. Unless YOU are one of those arrogant A******* who just are looking for excuses for conflict.

So are you admitting that Hillis was so unconcerned with his new head coach that he didn't recognize the very visible Laura McDaniels?

Ravage!!!
12-04-2010, 06:18 PM
So are you admitting that Hillis was so unconcerned with his new head coach that he didn't recognize the very visible Laura McDaniels?

:lol: Why would he know what the coaches wife looks like, unless they've met before? Hell, I didn't knwo what his wife looked like before this article. Why would anyone care what the wife looks like? :lol:

So unconcerned!!!!! CLASSIC :lol:

Bosco
12-04-2010, 06:29 PM
:lol: Why would he know what the coaches wife looks like, unless they've met before? She was at the press conference when he was hired. He pulled her on stage on pose with him in a bunch of pictures. She and their kids had been to mini camps and training camps on occasion. Josh, like Shanahan, will sometimes throw parties for the team at his home. Laura McDaniels is not going to be a stranger to anyone involved with the Broncos.

Regardless, it doesn't matter. Not only does the timeline they gave not much up, I don't believe that A) Josh would have been that offended by Hillis mistakenly hitting on his wife or B) Peyton would have knowingly hit on her or acted inappropriately. I'm simply pointing out that the excuse that Hillis didn't know can be pretty damning on him, had there actually been any truth to the rumor.

TXBRONC
12-04-2010, 06:51 PM
:lol: Why would he know what the coaches wife looks like, unless they've met before? Hell, I didn't knwo what his wife looked like before this article. Why would anyone care what the wife looks like? :lol:

So unconcerned!!!!! CLASSIC :lol:

The only time I ever saw her was at the new conference introducing McDaniels as the new head coach.

Dzone
12-04-2010, 08:37 PM
He had no justification other than he is a terrible, awful, shitty head coach.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/article_external/update_hillismcdaniels_rumor_confirmed_false/3727005

That was a good article. Will Mcd be fired during the season or after? If we get blown out tomorrow, maybe he should get the boot on monday.

AgentOrange
12-05-2010, 11:07 AM
I always figure if you don't want your wife hit on marry ugly.

rcsodak
12-05-2010, 11:24 AM

Sounds like you have a wonderful marriage.

:rolleyes:

HORSEPOWER 56
12-05-2010, 11:30 AM
I always figure if you don't want your wife hit on marry ugly.

I'm sure if it's true that Hillis probably knew who he was flirting with, but I also know as a married man that single guys, even friends and guys you know, are going to flirt with your wife, typically innocently and more than likely, she'll flirt back because all women like that kind of attention. There really is no evidence to support the theory one way or another, although I do strongly doubt that Hillis would try to intentionally pick-up his coach's wife. I believe Hillis probably flirted with McDaniels' wife, she probably flirted back, McDaniels (who wasn't overly high on Hillis in the first place) took offense and when the trade opportunity presented itself Hillis was as good as gone.

rationalfan
12-05-2010, 04:56 PM
for what it's worth: i was watching the browns and broncos games on different TV screens today. moreno looked MUCH better than hillis. granted, it's tough to compare players going against much different teams; but the difference was outstanding.

jhildebrand
12-05-2010, 04:58 PM
for what it's worth: i was watching the browns and broncos games on different TV screens today. moreno looked MUCH better than hillis. granted, it's tough to compare players going against much different teams; but the difference was outstanding.

So Moreno wins one round and Hillis gets the unanimous decision. Great. Tell us something we didn't know.

rationalfan
12-05-2010, 05:02 PM
So Moreno wins one round and Hillis gets the unanimous decision. Great. Tell us something we didn't know.

hillis the player will never be as great as the legend of hillis.

jhildebrand
12-05-2010, 05:04 PM
hillis the player will never be as great as the legend of hillis.

He's a false legend to this point? :confused: Please! The guy's legend keeps growing directly because of his play. As long as Hillis can stay healthy, his legend will grow and the Broncos franchise will always be mocked for letting him go-make that paying to make him go away-when it was clear the guy was a stud.

rationalfan
12-05-2010, 05:09 PM
He's a false legend to this point? :confused: Please! The guy's legend keeps growing directly because of his play. As long as Hillis can stay healthy, his legend will grow and the Broncos franchise will always be mocked for letting him go-make that paying to make him go away-when it was clear the guy was a stud.

uh, excuse me, sir. but he's going to have to have more than one good season to become a legend. elway's a legend. favre is a legend. gale sayers is a legend. mike anderson is not a legend, and that's what hillis' running style reminds me of.

when i speak of the legend of hillis, it's the mythological characterization of him in fans' minds. so many people act like he has the resume of oj simpson and the athleticism of adrian peterson. he's just a WHITE (make no mistake, that's a huge factor) running back who likes to make contact, which excites a lot of football fans who like punishing play. he's good, way better than mcd treated him. but he's just a good running back in a league with a lot of good running backs.

nevcraw
12-05-2010, 05:10 PM

shouldn't he? i mean he was the 12th pick in the draft for pete's sake.. and Hillis was taken after the janitor had mopped the floor.

and so what? Hillis and Moreno would have, should have been a formiadble team.. or Hillis as the broncos runing back and Moreno's pick could have been used for a much need D player. not to mention salary allocation..

nevcraw
12-05-2010, 05:11 PM
uh, excuse me, sir. but he's going to have to have more than one good season to become a legend. elway's a legend. favre is a legend. gale sayers is a legend. mike anderson is not a legend, and that's what hillis' running style reminds me of.

when i speak of the legend of hillis, it's the mythological characterization of him in fans' minds. so many people act like he has the resume of oj simpson and the athleticism of adrian peterson. he's just a WHITE (make no mistake, that's a huge factor) running back who likes to make contact, which excites a lot of football fans who like punishing play. he's good, way better than mcd treated him. but he's just a good running back in a league with a lot of good running backs.

and Moreno's need more than 2 100 yd games to compare to hillis. just saying..

rationalfan
12-05-2010, 05:16 PM
and Moreno's need more than 2 100 yd games to compare to hillis. just saying..

true. but back to my previous point, hillis needs more than one good year to be as great as so many people think he is. hey, i hope he has a long successful career. but i maintain that the idea of hillis is greater than the reality of hillis.

jhildebrand
12-05-2010, 05:22 PM

Nobody is trying to call him a legend but you. So you can put your strawman argument back where it belongs.

The fact is the guy is having a great season and that isn't a surprise to many who liked him. It is simply a continuation of what we saw in him and continue to expect short of an injury.

nevcraw
12-05-2010, 05:23 PM
true. but back to my previous point, hillis needs more than one good year to be as great as so many people think he is. hey, i hope he has a long successful career. but i maintain that the idea of hillis is greater than the reality of hillis.

a legend is hardly controlable.. but tackle it if you like.. bottom line is the guy is tough, hard nosed, acrobatic and has an infectuous exuberance when he runs.. we on the broncos are in short supply of such things..

Can't stop people for taking a liking to that and wondering how it got a way for a very pretty clipboard holder..

rationalfan
12-05-2010, 05:29 PM
a legend is hardly contronable.. but tackle it if you like.. bottom line is the guy is tough, hard nosed, acrobatic and has an infectuous exuberance when he runs.. we on the broncos are in short supply of such things..

Can't stop people for taking a liking to that and wondering how it got a way for a very pretty clipboard holder..

true, but i can find disgust in hero worship that feels unwarranted, and i can calmly discuss it on the internet.