PDA

View Full Version : Go b r o n c o s!!!

WARHORSE
12-02-2010, 04:39 PM
Till the day I die......and then some.

In good times...AND bad.

True blue and orange through and through.

I dont kick the B R O N C O S when theyre down any more than I would kick a family member having hard times.

I lift a glass to you when we win Superbowls......and I lift a glass to ya when we dont.

:beer::salute::beer:

To all the haters out there.................:tsk::tsk:..........you got alot to learn.

And the B R O N C O S are just the team to teach you........sooner or later.

Northman
12-02-2010, 04:40 PM
Warhorse's ultimate kiss of death right here. Thanks numbnut.

Jake Klug
12-02-2010, 04:49 PM

In good times...AND bad.

I dont kick the B R O N C O S when theyre down any more than I would kick a family member having hard times.

I lift a glass to you when we win Superbowls......and I lift a glass to ya when we dont.

To all the haters out there.................:tsk::tsk:..........you got alot to learn.

If youre going to be so pro-Broncos, 1) you shouldnt accept the destruction of "your" team, and 2) you should learn their colors are ORANGE and blue, not blue and Orange.

topscribe
12-02-2010, 05:02 PM

In good times...AND bad.

You went and did it now, being so positive.

That's the best way to bring a whole bunch of people down on you.

Here's to the blue & orange. :beer:

-----

Dirk
12-02-2010, 05:06 PM
I'll raise one with ya War and Top! :beer:

Northman
12-02-2010, 05:13 PM
We fight to the very end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

underrated29
12-02-2010, 05:13 PM
F***** eh!

underrated29
12-02-2010, 05:14 PM
we fight to the very end!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Charge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This..IS.. SPARTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravage!!!
12-02-2010, 05:15 PM
FREEEEEEE DOmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!!!

T.K.O.
12-02-2010, 05:16 PM
seeing people compare the broncos (posters not pro's) to the raiders and lions makes me sick !
the broncos have been less than stellar for a while ,but in no way resemble the epic failures that some teams(and their fans) have had to endure.
it almost makes me laugh when i see people act like the broncos have sunk to the "worst team" blh blah blah
so many games this year have been a penalty or a fumble away from a W it's crazy.
a couple of breaks and this team would be well in the playoff race.
we are not as bad as some would think ,we get elvis back and some of the young guys more time +add some decent draft stock .....and "whammy"
we'll be right back in the saddle !
GO BRONCOS !
Blue & orange or Orange & Blue
to the broncos ....i'll drink with you too !:beer:

Northman
12-02-2010, 05:17 PM
For the Knights who say NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Ravage!!!
12-02-2010, 05:20 PM
“Now I want you to remember that no bastage ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastage die for his country.” – Patton

Northman
12-02-2010, 05:26 PM
We're in the Nazi killing bizness, and bizness is a boomin'.

On a more serious note, why cant we have a rally thread WITHOUT the negativity to posters who arent as gungho right now? I mean really, my outlook for the team might be bleak but im there watching the game every Sunday hoping for a win just like Warhose is so why not keep it game related?

Anyhow, back to our regularly scheduled program,

To the ends of the earth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bronco Bible
12-02-2010, 06:00 PM
I'll raise one with ya War and Top! :beer:

Me too :beer:

dogfish
12-02-2010, 06:18 PM
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6996/89941692.png (http://img130.imageshack.us/i/89941692.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

underrated29
12-02-2010, 06:24 PM
http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/6996/89941692.png (http://img130.imageshack.us/i/89941692.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

THOSE look so amazing. Maybe the first time I would consider making love to food right here.

G_Money
12-02-2010, 07:28 PM

I don't either. :salute:

But I wouldn't be patting that family member on the back and telling him what an awesome job he's doing either and to not change a thing.

Whether it's rehab, financial schooling, marriage counseling...I'd make sure I was doing more than just saying, "I'm sure your disaster of a year will magically turn around. Pass me another beer." :beer:

Any criticism of the Broncos is done out of love. Yes, I still love you. No, I won't give you any more money for crack. :welcome: Now let's get to rehab and straighten this thing out...

~G

Dzone
12-02-2010, 07:59 PM
This is going to be a closer game on Sunday than broncos -chiefs game from the recent past...we cant go gettin gashed by Cassel to Bowe. If that happens, it could get ugly...A victory would go a long way to lifting the mood around here. A Bronco victory at Arrowhead? Thats a very rare event but we did it last year and we can do it again. No doubt about it. Some youth is going to have to step up, but we can win in KC Sunday

JDL
12-02-2010, 08:16 PM
seeing people compare the broncos (posters not pro's) to the raiders and lions makes me sick !
the broncos have been less than stellar for a while ,but in no way resemble the epic failures that some teams(and their fans) have had to endure.
it almost makes me laugh when i see people act like the broncos have sunk to the "worst team" blh blah blah
so many games this year have been a penalty or a fumble away from a W it's crazy.
a couple of breaks and this team would be well in the playoff race.
we are not as bad as some would think ,we get elvis back and some of the young guys more time +add some decent draft stock .....and "whammy"
we'll be right back in the saddle !
GO BRONCOS !
Blue & orange or Orange & Blue
to the broncos ....i'll drink with you too !:beer:

We're right at the bottom in pts/defeat with Carolina this year... until last weeks comeback to make it close... it was above 16pts/defeat which was Detroit Lions all-time bad in terms of competitiveness.

I don't understand how the facts show we are one of the least competitive teams but people still spout the opposite.

Fact is we are consumers, if you are living in the days of fandom I commend and pity you... Bowlen made it perfectly clear to us all, $$$ are the bottom line in everything that happened at Mile High, particularly to South Standers... I think most of you are just too damn young to truly remember how it was and how we weren't just dollar signs to the owner and all the speeches how that shiny new stadium would make us competitive for decades to come. Moving high paying ticket holders into those south stands essentially quieting them... (when is the last time an opposing player has even mentioned it) ... our home field has deteriorated ... and on and on. Point is... fine we are consumers and consumers consume products and smart consumers... don't allow themselves to be fed spam and told it's caviar ... we must demand a good product... and THAT is why there has been so much hesitation on the part of Dove Valley to flat out give McD another year... the empty seats RING LARGE in those halls... and I say deck those damn halls at the top of your lungs in any way you can - in any way that they will ACTUALLY listen to the will of the 'fan/consumer' that we don't want to week in and week out watch our beloved Broncos be one of the least competitive teams in the league. Not a lot to ask imo.

pnbronco
12-02-2010, 08:35 PM
So here's to :beer: and rehab...... Count me in boys!!!!!

(hey G so is this what the call tough love????.......:D...... Tough or not I just want them to know their still loved by this old fan......:beer:)

I Eat Staples
12-02-2010, 09:34 PM
1) you shouldnt accept the destruction of "your" team

This is a very good point, exactly how I feel. Supporting the Broncos does not mean supporting McDaniels, in fact it means the opposite if you want us to succeed.

2) you should learn their colors are ORANGE and blue, not blue and Orange.

You should have just stopped after 1, because that's just trying to bicker like a kid. :lol:

Agreed, which is why I'm 110% against the way this organization is heading.

But I wouldn't be patting that family member on the back and telling him what an awesome job he's doing either and to not change a thing.

Whether it's rehab, financial schooling, marriage counseling...I'd make sure I was doing more than just saying, "I'm sure your disaster of a year will magically turn around. Pass me another beer." :beer:

Any criticism of the Broncos is done out of love. Yes, I still love you. No, I won't give you any more money for crack. :welcome: Now let's get to rehab and straighten this thing out...

~G

Great post. I love the Broncos and I'm going to be a Broncos fan forever, period. But that sure as hell doesn't mean I'm going to blindly accept or support stupid decisions or stupid people in our organization. My one and only interest is the Broncos' success.

T.K.O.
12-02-2010, 09:36 PM
We're right at the bottom in pts/defeat with Carolina this year... until last weeks comeback to make it close... it was above 16pts/defeat which was Detroit Lions all-time bad in terms of competitiveness.

I don't understand how the facts show we are one of the least competitive teams but people still spout the opposite.

Fact is we are consumers, if you are living in the days of fandom I commend and pity you... Bowlen made it perfectly clear to us all, $$$ are the bottom line in everything that happened at Mile High, particularly to South Standers... I think most of you are just too damn young to truly remember how it was and how we weren't just dollar signs to the owner and all the speeches how that shiny new stadium would make us competitive for decades to come. Moving high paying ticket holders into those south stands essentially quieting them... (when is the last time an opposing player has even mentioned it) ... our home field has deteriorated ... and on and on. Point is... fine we are consumers and consumers consume products and smart consumers... don't allow themselves to be fed spam and told it's caviar ... we must demand a good product... and THAT is why there has been so much hesitation on the part of Dove Valley to flat out give McD another year... the empty seats RING LARGE in those halls... and I say deck those damn halls at the top of your lungs in any way you can - in any way that they will ACTUALLY listen to the will of the 'fan/consumer' that we don't want to week in and week out watch our beloved Broncos be one of the least competitive teams in the league. Not a lot to ask imo.

dont care what the stat sheet says ive watched every game and was at the jets game....we were leading the whole game and lost on a penalty.against a 9-2 team
a couple fumbles away from a great comeback against the rams and lost a couple others that would have gone the other way if not for 1-2 mistakes.
this is the NFL and the broncos are not THAT far from being competetive.
that's my point...not excuses ....we lost those games.
but we are far from a team that you can expect to win 1-4 games a year for several seasons.

Jake Klug
12-02-2010, 09:44 PM
This is a very good point, exactly how I feel. Supporting the Broncos does not mean supporting McDaniels, in fact it means the opposite if you want us to succeed.

You should have just stopped after 1, because that's just trying to bicker like a kid. :lol:

Agreed, which is why I'm 110% against the way this organization is heading.

Great post. I love the Broncos and I'm going to be a Broncos fan forever, period. But that sure as hell doesn't mean I'm going to blindly accept or support stupid decisions or stupid people in our organization. My one and only interest is the Broncos' success.

Are you serious? There was a huge petition recently saying the Broncos should get back to their primary color, which is Orange. I dont think its anything small at all. The Orange is what (or at least should) distinguishes Denver, historically, from other teams. Its not the blue Crush. Anyone who calls them the blue and orange and claims to be a fan should impale themselves.

I Eat Staples
12-02-2010, 09:44 PM
but we are far from a team that you can expect to win 1-4 games a year for several seasons.

We're really not that far. With McDaniels at the helm, we're only going to get worse.

I Eat Staples
12-02-2010, 09:45 PM
Are you serious? There was a huge petition recently saying the Broncos should get back to their primary color, which is Orange. I dont think its anything small at all. The Orange is what (or at least should) distinguishes Denver, historically, from other teams. Its not the blue Crush. Anyone who calls them the blue and orange and claims to be a fan should impale themselves.

Calm down there big boy, I didn't call them blue and orange. I just don't care to bitch at another fan that did.

WARHORSE
12-03-2010, 04:30 AM
If youre going to be so pro-Broncos, 1) you shouldnt accept the destruction of "your" team, and 2) you should learn their colors are ORANGE and blue, not blue and Orange.

Well......guess I wont come around here and be pro Broncos then, huh?

BTW.....their colors are not ORANGE and blue...........theyre BLUE and orange.

Get a grip.

WARHORSE
12-03-2010, 04:35 AM
You went and did it now, being so positive.

That's the best way to bring a whole bunch of people down on you.

Here's to the blue & orange. :beer:

-----

Heh heh.

No kidding.

Well Tops, I dont like to see us losing........but it dont change my colors around none......

Simply raisin a glass to my team.

Heres to better times ahead.

:beer:

WARHORSE
12-03-2010, 04:43 AM

~G

Geez. I feel yer pain G.:D

I know things are rough right now...........you know....kinda like when all the bills are past due and you got no money and see no end in sight...........so I figure I may as well pull off the clothes and run down the street naked singin songs about the southland with the happiest grin on my face.

You can take my house. You can take my car. You can take my bank account.

But you can NEVER......EVER.......EVER.........

own me.

To all the true ORANGE AND BLUE AND ORANGE FOLKS OUT THERE:

:beer:

WARHORSE
12-03-2010, 04:47 AM
:salute:

Thank you for your wisdom oh holy one.

I have impaled myself for calling them blue and orange......and now I raise that impaling digit to you in a single digit salute.

TXBRONC
12-03-2010, 09:11 AM
I don't think most fans kick the team when they are down at the same whistling past the graveyard doesn't make the problems go away.

broncofaninfla
12-03-2010, 09:17 AM
I've always been a Broncos fan and always will be but I'll NEVER accept a sub par team by sub par coach. I want the best for the team. The fans and the city deserve that.

Nomad
12-03-2010, 10:04 AM
GO BRONCOS, Warhorse!!

Anyway, I didn't want to start a new thread on this but wanted to give props to my favorite BRONCO sons.....Eddy Mac! Looks like his sons are doing a hell of a job in the high school ranks!!:salute: I wonder if that game will be on FSRM!!

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16764529

NightTrainLayne
12-03-2010, 11:10 AM
Are we seriously arguing about in what order you say the colors?

topscribe
12-03-2010, 11:24 AM

Except that you corrected not only an old-timer on the Broncos boards, but
an old-timer with the Broncos themselves. He might have just absent-mindedly
put the colors down that way. You seem the only one having a fit about it.

-----

topscribe
12-03-2010, 11:26 AM

Get a grip.

Oh yes you will. Because I have your back.

-----

Nomad
12-03-2010, 11:26 AM
hey top........was it bleed brown and yellow or yellow and brown!?!:D

BroncoJoe
12-03-2010, 11:27 AM

Back then it was just bleed.

topscribe
12-03-2010, 11:28 AM

You know what?--I never paid much attention back then. We had a football
team. That's all anybody seemed to care about.

Except for those dastardly socks . . . :eviltongue:

-----

Jake Klug
12-03-2010, 04:21 PM

Get a grip.

This is your team:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SG8OpQyY6TI

topscribe
12-03-2010, 05:51 PM
This is your team:

Do you have a contribution to make on a significant issue?

-----

Jake Klug
12-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Do you have a contribution to make on a significant issue?

-----

Get lost. This doesnt even involve you.

topscribe
12-03-2010, 07:22 PM
Get lost. This doesnt even involve you.

It most certainly does. If you don't want anyone else to comment on it, then
take it to PM. If you put it on the board, anyone has a right to comment on it.

Now, do you have a contribution to make on a significant issue, besides
harassing a friend of mine on whether blue or orange is mentioned first?
I mean, that is ridiculous, let's face it . . .

-----

Dzone
12-03-2010, 07:34 PM
I remember when there was talk in early 1997 after we got upset by Jacksonville about changing the uniforms and Bowlen said the new Uniforms would be "predominantly orange"...Then they had a fashion show with Elway coming out and modeling the new Uniforms..they were cutting edge and it helped that we won a Super Bowl the first year in those things. If we hadnt won, one has to wonder if those uniforms would have ever caught on.
Anyway, blue and orange or orange and blue, who gives a rats ass?

Jake Klug
12-03-2010, 07:36 PM
I remember when there was talk in early 1997 after we got upset by Jacksonville about changing the uniforms and Bowlen said the new Uniforms would be "predominantly orange"...Then they had a fashion show with Elway coming out and modeling the new Uniforms..they were cutting edge and it helped that we won a Super Bowl the first year in those things. If we hadnt won, one has to wonder if those uniforms would have ever caught on.

I liked them in the beginning but they look too much like a million different college teams.

Dzone
12-03-2010, 07:36 PM
Are we seriously arguing about in what order you say the colors?

Yep, evidently its turned into a big fight on here..LOL:throwrock:

topscribe
12-03-2010, 07:43 PM
GO BRONCOS!!

Here's to the blue & orange!! :rockon:

-----

dogfish
12-03-2010, 07:50 PM
King is even a better friend of mine. We are email buddies.

-----

just never give clay your email. . . :shocked:

or any other personal information. . .

KCL
12-03-2010, 08:02 PM
just never give clay your email. . . :shocked:

or any other personal information. . .

:doh: Now you tell me...well you didn't tell me so to speak.

dogfish
12-03-2010, 08:23 PM
:doh: Now you tell me...well you didn't tell me so to speak.

you should have known better. . . come to think of it, you did-- you love his emails, what are you complaining about?

:drinking:

I Eat Staples
12-03-2010, 10:20 PM
:popcorn:

WARHORSE
12-04-2010, 08:34 AM
This is your team:

Let me guess.......you have recently lost a blue and orange thong....and cant find it? :coffee:

Its on the end of my foot, buried where it belongs.

In 1922, Halas changed the team name from the Staleys to the Bears. The team moved into Wrigley Field, which was home to the Chicago Cubs baseball franchise. As with several early NFL franchises, the Bears derived their nickname from their city's baseball team (some directly, some indirectly – like the Bears, whose young are called "cubs"). Halas liked the bright orange-and-blue colors of his alma mater, the University of Illinois, and the Bears adopted those colors as their own, albeit in a darker shade of each (the blue is a Navy Blue, and the orange is Pantone 1665, similar to burnt orange).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicago_Bears

When the Broncos debuted in 1960, their original uniforms drew as much attention as their play on the field. It featured white and mustard yellow jerseys, with contrasting brown helmets, brown pants, and vertically striped socks.[28]
Two years later, the team unveiled a new logo featuring a bucking horse, and changed their team colors to orange, royal blue and white. The 1962 uniform designed by Laura North-Allen, consisted of white pants, orange helmets, and either orange or white jerseys.
In 1968, the Broncos debuted a design that became known as the "Orange Crush." Their logo was redesigned so that the horse was coming out of a "D." Also, the helmets were changed to royal blue, thin stripes were put onto the sleeves, and other minor modifications were added. From 1969 to 1971, and again from 1978 to 1979, the team wore orange pants with their white jerseys.
The Broncos wore their white jerseys at home throughout the 1971 season, as well as for 1980 home games vs. the San Diego Chargers and Dallas Cowboys, the latter in hopes to bring out the "blue jersey jinx" which has followed the Cowboys for decades (it worked, Denver won 41–20). Denver wore its white jerseys for 1983 home games vs. the Philadelphia Eagles, Los Angeles Raiders and Cincinnati Bengals, but would not wear white at home again for two decades (see below).[29][30]
In 1994, in honor of the 75th anniversary season of the NFL, the Broncos wore their 1965 throwback uniforms for two games – a Week 3 home game against the Los Angeles Raiders, as well as the following week at the Buffalo Bills.[29]
The club then radically changed their logo and uniforms in 1997, a design that they continue to use to this day. The current logo is a profile of a horse's head, with an orange mane and navy blue outlines. They began wearing navy blue jerseys, replacing their longtime orange jerseys. This new uniform design also features a streak that runs down the sides of both the jerseys and the pants; it's orange on the navy blue jerseys, and navy on the white jerseys. When they debuted, these uniforms were, again, vilified by the press and fans, until the Broncos won their first ever Super Bowl in the new design that same season.
In 2002, the Broncos introduced an alternate orange jersey with a navy blue stripe going up the sides. The orange trades places with the navy blue on this alternate jersey, as it becomes the dominant color while the navy blue complements. This jersey was most recently used in a November 14, 2010 game vs. the Kansas City Chiefs[31], though fans have been clamoring for the team to designate orange as the team's primary home jersey color.[32] Former head coach Mike Shanahan was not a big fan of the alternate orange jerseys.[33][34][35] The Broncos previously wore orange jerseys as a throwback uniform in a Thanksgiving Day game at the Dallas Cowboys in 2001.
The team also introduced navy blue pants in 2003, with orange stripes to be worn with the navy blue jerseys. These pants are primarily used for select prime-time and late-season home games. Though they were part of the uniform change in 1997 and most players wanted to wear them, the only player who vetoed wearing them was John Elway, thereby delaying their eventual introduction. The home white pants have an orange stripe, and the road white pants have a navy blue stripe.
On November 16, 2003, the Broncos wore their white jerseys at home for the first time since 1983, in a game vs. the San Diego Chargers. This was compensation for a uniform mix-up, after the teams' first meeting at San Diego's Qualcomm Stadium in Week 2 earlier that season, when the Chargers were the team that was supposed to declare their uniform color. The Chargers were planning to wear their white jerseys, but the visiting Broncos came to the stadium in white, and were fined $25,000 by the NFL as a result. When the two teams met at INVESCO Field at Mile High later that season (Week 11), the NFL allowed the visiting Chargers to choose their uniform color in advance, and they chose navy blue, forcing the Broncos to wear their white jerseys at home.[36]
In 2009, in honor of their 50th anniversary season as one of the eight original AFL teams, the Broncos wore their 1960 throwback uniforms (brown helmets, mustard yellow and brown jerseys) for games against fellow AFL rivals New England Patriots (October 11) and San Diego Chargers (October 19).[37][38]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denver_Broncos

So you see Jak Kluck...........you coming in here tellin me the Bears are my team cause I said blue first rather than orange? .....you dont know much about anything, huh?

Its interesting how people try to downplay things that make them look bad. First Josh says adjustments are overrated. Its not really surprising that you would call it trivial whenever someone makes you look bad...really, really bad.

Except myself of course when WARHORSE owns me. In that case, I get all warm and fuzzy inside and ask him if he can please remove his foot from being knee deep in my rear end cause its irritating my liver.

Cheers

Jake Klug
12-04-2010, 08:49 AM
http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=200223

GEM
12-04-2010, 09:14 AM
Alright, are we done with the childish fight over which color to place first when talking about the Broncos?

Gosh...I feel stupid after having to read that shit.

Nomad
12-04-2010, 09:23 AM

They could wear unis like Boise St did (I believe) against Fresno St! I guess the BRONCOS would have to paint their field blue though!!:D j/k btw!!

Nomad
12-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Alright, are we done with the childish fight over which color to place first when talking about the Broncos?

Sometimes grown men find their inner childish ways from time to time....I've been guilty before!!:D That's why we have ladies on the board to set us straight...it's the motherly instinct!!!!

Jake Klug
12-04-2010, 09:37 AM

Its not at all childish. Its very much a part of the identity of the team. History and identity are not at all childish.

I Eat Staples
12-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Klug has issues.

Dzone
12-04-2010, 03:22 PM
H EY BTW, what other sports talk radio stations are there in Denver that I might be able to get online or on my droid? I have recently discovered 104.3 The fan, and its great. Thanks

Jake Klug
12-04-2010, 03:36 PM
H EY BTW, what other sports talk radio stations are there in Denver that I might be able to get online or on my droid? I have recently discovered 104.3 The fan, and its great. Thanks

I think 87.7.

WARHORSE
12-05-2010, 04:45 AM

Wait.......
BLUE AND ORANGE!

Ok.......now Im done with it.:D

Btw........did you say shit?

:D

Jake Klug
12-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Wait.......
BLUE AND ORANGE!

GO BEARS

Ok.......now Im done with it.:D

Btw........did you say shit?