PDA

View Full Version : Re-Focused: Week 12, St. Louis at Denver

Elevation inc
12-02-2010, 11:33 AM
For the second week in a row, the Broncos helped launch their opponent towards a division lead while demolishing their own playoff hopes. Even in an unstable AFC West, the Broncos are surely done and find themselves in the unfamiliar position of playing spoiler after years of contending until the final weeks of the season.

As has been the case throughout the season, Denver was abysmal on third down, converting only once in that situation. Despite producing almost 450 yards on offense in slightly less than 26 minutes of possession, the Broncos were unable to complete a comeback attempt due to untimely sacks and two lost fumbles.

Conversely, the Rams deserve credit for establishing a large enough lead that their late collapse didn’t cost them the game. The Rams now find themselves in first place in the NFC West and have to feel satisfied that they chose the right player in Sam Bradford to resurrect the franchise in the 2010 NFL Draft.

Read the rest of this article »

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2010/12/02/re-focused-week-12-st-louis-at-denver/

Northman
12-02-2010, 11:34 AM
It is a sad day when opposing teams see us on the schedule as a easy win.

UrbanBounca
12-02-2010, 11:38 AM
It is a sad day when opposing teams see us on the schedule as a easy win.

Pat Bowlen, take note.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Canmore
12-02-2010, 11:58 AM
Pat Bowlen, take note.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I'd like to think HE is taking lots of notes!

BroncoStud
12-02-2010, 12:18 PM
I'd like to think HE is taking lots of notes!

Apparently he doesn't remember where he puts those notes...

Softskull
12-02-2010, 03:48 PM
Bah....

"Royal is the Broncos’ best run-blocking wideout, but Josh McDaniels tipped his hand by running the ball on all 7 plays in which Royal was the lone WR on the field. As a similar pattern emerged when Demaryius Thomas was split wide with Dan Gronkowski at TE last week, it is fair to question if McDaniels’s play-calling out of certain packages is becoming predictable to opposing defenses."

Lancane
12-02-2010, 03:56 PM
I don't think teams see us as an easy win as much as a team that could be taken advantage of. We are lifeless, with no character and emotionless. We have no passion to win, no drive to succeed, and if someone devises a solid game plan, then we're very beatable.

underrated29
12-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Bah....

"Royal is the Broncos’ best run-blocking wideout, but Josh McDaniels tipped his hand by running the ball on all 7 plays in which Royal was the lone WR on the field. As a similar pattern emerged when Demaryius Thomas was split wide with Dan Gronkowski at TE last week, it is fair to question if McDaniels’s play-calling out of certain packages is becoming predictable to opposing defenses."

My biggest gripe about josh ever since he was hired. Playcalling. When I can see the formation we are in and accurately call out the play before the ball is snapped, you sure as hell know that the defense and people who study film and stuff know it too.

That is why imo we go into lulls with 3 and outs...not because josh cant adjust, not because we stop running the ball. because we are telegraphing our plays by our personnel and formations.

Chris Benson
12-02-2010, 04:51 PM
Elevation, I just wanted to thank you for spreading my Re-Focused articles on this forum.

I wasn't aware of this forum's existence and am already a member of far too many other Broncos forums to become an active member here as well, but I was referred here today by a Broncos fan and figured I'd take the time to register and thank you for posting them.

BigDaddyBronco
12-02-2010, 05:10 PM
My biggest gripe about josh ever since he was hired. Playcalling. When I can see the formation we are in and accurately call out the play before the ball is snapped, you sure as hell know that the defense and people who study film and stuff know it too.

That is why imo we go into lulls with 3 and outs...not because josh cant adjust, not because we stop running the ball. because we are telegraphing our plays by our personnel and formations.

Like pretty much all of Tebow's plays. I can think of one option and the TD pass, otherwise they all look like the same play to me.

T.K.O.
12-02-2010, 05:28 PM
450+ yds and 33 points usually wins:shocked:

Softskull
12-02-2010, 06:38 PM
Elevation, I just wanted to thank you for spreading my Re-Focused articles on this forum.

I wasn't aware of this forum's existence and am already a member of far too many other Broncos forums to become an active member here as well, but I was referred here today by a Broncos fan and figured I'd take the time to register and thank you for posting them.

Hey Chris, I look forward to your analysis every week. Keep up the good work.

dogfish
12-02-2010, 06:53 PM

dude, SO much. . . i haven't even had the heart to re-watch games this year, and far too many times i'm sitting on the couch calling out the play we're about to run. . . our offense is very predictable-- most likely based on down and distance as well if you did a serious analysis, but we most certainly telegraph our run plays with formation and motion on a regular basis. . . i was concerned right when josh was hired that he was taking on too much by being the playcaller as well as the head coach, and i still suspect it's a problem. . . i think we all noticed how much better the playcalling was against KC when josh scripted plays and had an extra week to work on the gameplan. . .