PDA

View Full Version : 2000-2010 Denver Broncos Simple Chart

BroncoStud
12-01-2010, 03:28 PM
Someone had metioned they wanted to see a stock chart snapshot of the Broncos performance in recent years to show how it had bottomed out, it's interesting to see how it turns out.

Red represents Total Defense and how it compares with the rest of the NFL in that given season.

Blue represents Winning Percentage.

Shanahan was able to keep us competitive without much of a defense because he was so good on offense, McDaniels got rid of the talent Shanahan relied on and the results are pretty obvious.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/7083/denverbroncos20002010.jpg (http://img822.imageshack.us/i/denverbroncos20002010.jpg/)

This is by no means a professional representation, just something I threw together in about 15 minutes. All stats are taken from NFL.com. Look how impressive Mike Nolan was his one season with us.

Northman
12-01-2010, 03:30 PM
2009 stands out like a sore thumb defensively, i wonder why.

*snicker*

CHARLIEADAMSFAN
12-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Ugh... not much more I can say

Nomad
12-01-2010, 03:57 PM
So if Shanahan would have had strong defensive drafts after the AFCCG then it looks like Denver would have been a totally different team!! Good find!!

I Eat Staples
12-01-2010, 04:06 PM
2009 stands out like a sore thumb defensively, i wonder why.

*snicker*

I'd bet it was because the players were playing their hardest because they were so excited that Wink was coming next season.

It obviously wasn't Nolan, so this is the best reason.

silkamilkamonico
12-01-2010, 04:12 PM
So if Shanahan would have had strong defensive drafts after the AFCCG then it looks like Denver would have been a totally different team!! Good find!!

To extend on that, if the offensive mastermind actually knew how to draw up an effective offense in the years leading up to the AFCCG, maybe we wouldn't of been the laughing stock of the NFL playoffs during that tenure.

There always seems to be something missing with this god forsaken organization.