PDA

View Full Version : Who is the most despised person in the history of the Broncos organization?

Jake Klug
12-01-2010, 03:14 PM
Could it possibly be Josh McDaniels?

I seriously, dont remember anyone who was this hated.

Northman
12-01-2010, 03:18 PM
For me it would be Josh, before that it was Wade. Never liked Wade at all. But for a guy like Topscribe going back the dawn of age there may have been some others.

Softskull
12-01-2010, 03:31 PM
For me, it will always be Dale Carter. No one even comes close. Ashley Lelie and Eddie Kennison make the list, but way down the list from Carter.

broncofaninfla
12-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Dale Carter for me. Not even Mcd can top Carter on my list.

BroncoStud
12-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Darryl Gardner.

GEM
12-01-2010, 03:33 PM
Quitterson for me. Though McD is gaining ground.

broncofaninfla
12-01-2010, 03:34 PM
For me, it will always be Dale Carter. No one even comes close. Ashley Lelie and Eddie Kennison make the list, but way down the list from Carter.

I forgot about the quitter, yeah, I hated Kennison as well.

BroncoStud
12-01-2010, 03:35 PM
Quitterson for me. Though McD is gaining ground.

:lol:Forgot about Eddie! Ya, he pretty much sucks.

Mike
12-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Quitterson

Tned
12-01-2010, 03:37 PM
Could it possibly be Josh McDaniels?

I seriously, dont remember anyone who was this hated.

Player, coach or fan?

Lancane
12-01-2010, 03:38 PM
Wade Phillips had some issues, but he was a good coach. Dan Reeves was a great coach and his only real bad move was trying to trade Elway. In all my years of being a fan, I've never really despised too many...but...

1) Josh McDaniels (Worse piece of shit then Henry, and awful coach)
2) Travis Henry (What a piece of shit)
3) Red Miller (Just cause he allowed to let Lyle Alzado to be traded)
4) Jake Plummer (Natural born ass-hat)
5) Maurice Clarett (A piece of shit like Henry, only less of one)
6) Javon Walker (Sorry ass player and human being)
7) Vic Lombardi (Must have had a great hand-job from number one)

:D

Dirk
12-01-2010, 03:40 PM
That's a tough one. Carter would probably win that honor from me. Eddie next, Ashley next and I have to put Cutler in there also. Cutty can play but I can't stand him. Such a whiney boy.

Dreadnought
12-01-2010, 03:41 PM
Tough. Maybe Kennison. Our safeties from 2008. McDaniels. Matt Robinson (goes back a few.) We've been pretty lucky in not having a ton of dooshes in our past.

I think McDaniels wins out though due to the deep and massive damage he has done to the organization. Kennison was scum, but didn't hurt us all that badly. Wasn't much he could do after all.

Northman
12-01-2010, 03:43 PM

6) Javon Walker (Sorry ass player and human being)

:D

Definitely agree with those.

I Eat Staples
12-01-2010, 03:43 PM
McDaniels. To me anyway.

Jake Klug
12-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Tough. Maybe Kennison. Our safeties from 2008. McDaniels. Matt Robinson (goes back a few.) We've been pretty lucky in not having a ton of dooshes in our past.

I think McDaniels wins out though due to the deep and massive damage he has done to the organization. Kennison was scum, but didn't hurt us all that badly. Wasn't much he could do after all.

This is how I feel. I kind of like Lancanes list. McDaniels has been far more pervasive than anyone else.

Buff
12-01-2010, 03:52 PM
Not many people have literally quit on their team midseason like Eddie Kennison... If he would have just retired because he lost his passion for football as he claimed, then I would have gotten over it. But when he ended up in Kansas City a few weeks later for more $$ that sealed my lifetime hatred of the douche.

There isn't a close 2nd in my opinion.

Lancane
12-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Not many people have literally quit on their team midseason like Eddie Kennison... If he would have just retired because he lost his passion for football as he claimed, then I would have gotten over it. But when he ended up in Kansas City a few weeks later for more $$ that sealed my lifetime hatred of the douche.

Ooh, I should place him second even before Henry...he's a sorry ass person as well. Good call Buff, I totally forgot about him.

Jake Klug
12-01-2010, 03:57 PM

Honestly, the part that bothered me most about Kennison is how after he ended up in Kansas City, he acted as though Denver had done him wrong somehow.

Dreadnought
12-01-2010, 03:58 PM

Its really hard to rank anyone worse; ONLY the limited nature of the damage done limits my hate for him. McDaniels has made entire seasons suck, and that will extend into the future.

This is how I feel. I kind of like Lancanes list. McDaniels has been far more pervasive than anyone else.

Lancane's List would be letter-perfect if only Red Miller was removed. How can he put my beloved Red Miller on a hate list?!

Lancane
12-01-2010, 04:00 PM
Its really hard to rank anyone worse; ONLY the limited nature of the damage done limits my hate for him. McDaniels has made entire seasons suck, and that will extend into the future.

Lancane's List would be letter-perfect if only Red Miller was removed. How can he put my beloved Red Miller on a hate list?!

Because he allowed Lyle Alzado to be traded! It wasn't personal, how dare he trade my childhood idol to Cleveland, so then he could end up a Raider. Damn you Red, damn you...lol.

:lol:

BigSarge87
12-01-2010, 04:01 PM
Mark Brunell. I know he wasn't a Bronco, but he single handedly kept the Broncos from being the first team in history to win three SB's in a row.

Jake Klug
12-01-2010, 04:01 PM

I give him some latitude on a name or two.

BigDaddyBronco
12-01-2010, 04:02 PM

Was it Al Wilson who planted him when they played the next year?

Jake Klug
12-01-2010, 04:02 PM
Mark Brunell. I know he wasn't a Bronco, but he single handedly kept the Broncos from being the first team in history to win three SB's in a row.

When was Brunell with the Broncos?

GEM
12-01-2010, 04:07 PM

Did you not read the entire post? :rolleyes:

Buff
12-01-2010, 04:14 PM
Was it Al Wilson who planted him when they played the next year?

Did he? I don't remember that.

I do recall Shanahan throwing a challenge flag on a late meaningless touchdown pass that Kansas City had in Denver when we were beating them a few years back, and I think it was Eddie Kennison who caught the pass, but I don't remember for sure.

topscribe
12-01-2010, 04:18 PM

-----

camdisco24
12-01-2010, 04:21 PM
Josh McDaniels.....

broncofaninfla
12-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Xanders and Mcd rank pretty dang high on my list as well.

BigSarge87
12-01-2010, 05:28 PM

I believe I stated "I KNOW HE WASN'T A BRONCO" fairly clearly in the post. It was like nearly half the text. But just to be clear...

I know he wasn't a Bronco, but...

BigSarge87
12-01-2010, 05:33 PM
I believe I stated "I KNOW HE WASN'T A BRONCO" fairly clearly in the post. It was like nearly half the text. But just to be clear...

I know he wasn't a Bronco, but...

Ha Ha, sorry, I didn't realize Klug had already been properly ridiculed by other posters prior to putting this up.

I guess I misunderstood the intent when I read 'history of the organization'. Didn't realize they had to be part of the organization.

The Glue Factory
12-01-2010, 05:36 PM
In the history of the Broncos? I would think Al Davis is the most hated person for spawning the Raiders. :D

(Note the thread title does not state it has to be a Bronco)

Ravage!!!
12-01-2010, 05:52 PM
There is NEVER a place for a quitter in football. But his quitting didn't hurt my favorite franchise for YEARS to come.

McDaniels is at the top of my list now.

I hate Quitterson as a person and as a competitor.
I hate McD for what he's done to my passion.

sanluis
12-01-2010, 06:01 PM
No Jay Cutler haters?? :confused:

Bronco Bible
12-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Michael Dean Perry aka:get yer fat ass off the field

Northman
12-01-2010, 06:12 PM
No Jay Cutler haters?? :confused:

Why? He would still be here if it werent for YOU KNOW WHO. :lol:

Poet
12-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Romanowski. An abusive cheater. Sorry, figured I'd offer you guys a little perspective.

Also some of you guys crack me up. Gave it three years and you'll all be a little ashamed about the melodrama with McDaniels. He's no good as a head coach, but if this is the worst you ever have to endure as fans then wipe the mascara off your emo faces and chin up. :laugh:

And yes, I am playfully poking fun at some of you guys. ;)

Northman
12-01-2010, 06:16 PM
http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/Broncos%20Bromance%20Blog.jpg

sanluis
12-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Why? He would still be here if it werent for YOU KNOW WHO. :lol:

I guess so... Or he would have had a fit anyway and been shipped out!

I guess I still don't like him much....:lol:

dogfish
Mike Shanahan

-Sincerely, JRWiz

Poet
Northman just became a Hall of Fame poster with that one. Creepy? Absolutely. On point....survey says.......yes!

Northman
12-01-2010, 06:20 PM
Northman just became a Hall of Fame poster with that one. Creepy? Absolutely. On point....survey says.......yes!

Ill do you one better.

http://blogs.westword.com/latestword/Broncos%20Bromance%20Back%20Cover%20Blog.jpg

Poet
12-01-2010, 06:23 PM
You just did something that no one else has....you made me loss my appetite.

Skinny
12-01-2010, 06:23 PM
I despised Larry Coyer the defensive play caller. :rolleyes: His schemes sucked so much ass they would make a preacher cuss. One of the happiest days of my life when we cut ties with him.

dogfish
12-01-2010, 06:27 PM
I despised Larry Coyer the defensive play caller. :rolleyes: His schemes sucked so much ass they would make a preacher cuss. One of the happiest days of my life when we cut ties with him.

really? i hated ray rhodes way worse. . . . :lol:

and bob slowick worse than anyone else who's ever coached here, by far and away. . . slowick probably finishes second to quitterson on my list. . .

HORSEPOWER 56
12-01-2010, 06:33 PM
McDaniels is tops for me. Slowick next. Quittison after that. It's really hard to put a player who only has a limited amount of affect on the team above a coach who can make it or break it.

With Quittison or without Quittison we were still the same team. Quittison is a villain for how he left and where he ended up. McDaniels is a villain because he's made the team worse and will most likely leave it that way when he's shown the door. Everything McDaniels does or says directly affects everything that happens. Worst stretch of Broncos football in 40 years, you say? Yeah, that beats tricking a team into releasing you so you can go play somewhere else anytime.

Skinny
12-01-2010, 06:36 PM

and bob slowick worse than anyone else who's ever coached here, by far and away. . . slowick probably finishes second to quitterson on my list. . .Yeah, they all pretty much sucked. Coyer just sucked longer (4 years worth of suck). :D

BigDaddyBronco
12-01-2010, 06:39 PM

and bob slowick worse than anyone else who's ever coached here, by far and away. . . slowick probably finishes second to quitterson on my list. . .
I'm with you.

Don't forget Michael Dean Perry. Get off the field fat ass.

dogfish
12-01-2010, 08:04 PM
Don't forget Michael Dean Perry.

i wish i could. . . :mad:

Dzone
12-01-2010, 08:07 PM
Dale carter, Travis Henry and Eddie Kennison...but nobody has ever been as hated as josh mcdaniels...not even close

Dreadnought
12-01-2010, 08:08 PM

Its been grim for D-coordinators for a while. I'd crawl to get Greg freakin' Robinson back, f'rinstance...the man who gave Ryan Leaf a win and a 300 yard game, who surrendered 8000+ yards to Corey Dillon...yes, please come back, Greg! Force some turnovers! Force some sacks! Its OK - I won't complain when we give up periodic 70 yard plays to scrubs anymore! We do it now anyway, but never make bad stuff happen to opponents either!

Dzone
12-01-2010, 08:14 PM
I feel like I might puke..OMG

Jake Klug
12-01-2010, 08:16 PM
Its been grim for D-coordinators for a while. I'd crawl to get Greg freakin' Robinson back, f'rinstance...the man who gave Ryan Leaf a win and a 300 yard game, who surrendered 8000+ yards to Corey Dillon...yes, please come back, Greg! Force some turnovers! Force some sacks! Its OK - I won't complain when we give up periodic 70 yard plays to scrubs anymore! We do it now anyway, but never make bad stuff happen to opponents either!

Im sure Greg Robinson would appreciate the love right about now.

Medford Bronco
12-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Kennison and Travis Broken Condom Henry for me.

Also that stiff Charles Dimry. I remember him giving up
6 tds for Atlanta to Jerry Rice and then we pick him up.

Maybe Josh would like him :lol:

Medford Bronco
12-01-2010, 09:29 PM
Im sure Greg Robinson would appreciate the love right about now.

At least Robinson had some balls unlike some D coordinators.

horsepig
12-01-2010, 09:53 PM
Don't forget Ted Gregory, NT from BC, I think. 1'st round pick, didn't even make it out of training camp.

#1 for me though has to be Dale ******* Carter, what a *****.

LordTrychon
12-01-2010, 10:38 PM

That surprises me just a little.

I know there was a lot of love for the move at the time... but it's been all downhill since then.

Coyer was in the Superbowl last year.

*shrug*

3rd in pts allowed in 2005. Arguably the best defense we had under Shanahan.

NightTrainLayne
12-02-2010, 12:51 AM
Michael Dean Perry has been at the top of my list for a long time. If I ever see him face to face I'm going to punch him in the nose. He might sit on me or something, but I'm drawing first blood.

jhildebrand
12-02-2010, 01:59 AM
Eddie Kennison, Ted Gregory, Paul Toviessi, Goerge Foster, Josh McDaniels, Bob Slowick

Magnificent Seven
12-02-2010, 02:19 AM
Lyle Alzado.

Lancane
12-02-2010, 02:34 AM
Lyle Alzado.

Shuuuush...don't talk about my idol man, or I'll have to kick you! :D

jhildebrand
12-02-2010, 02:55 AM
Simeon Rice and Sam Adams and Daryl Gardner

PAINTERDAVE
12-02-2010, 03:21 AM
Hate and despise are strong words.

The one guy I will never forgive...
because he and his cousin brought those thugs into the club that New Years Eve...
and caused a commotion with them...
and ended up getting DWill killed...

I will never forgive Brandon Marshal for his part in the murder of D Will.

Good riddance, BM.

JDL
12-02-2010, 04:33 AM
Dale Carter for me. Not even Mcd can top Carter on my list.

Yup... I've slowly lost my passion for Broncos football (still pretty strong but not a maniac like I was) and it turned on the day we signed Dale Carter... a guy who took a cheap shot and ended the season and basically the career of one of the classiest people we've ever had suit up as a Bronco... Lionel Washington.

Schlereth provided an anecdote from his playing career, with longtime Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan.

In 1996, while playing receiver, Kansas City Chiefs Pro Bowl cornerback Dale Carter seriously injured Broncos cornerback Lionel Washington with a block to the knees, although the running play was on the opposite side of the field.

"From that point forward, every time we played the Chiefs, we talked about how Dale Carter didn't have the character and integrity to be a part of the Denver Broncos," Schlereth said, noting Carter's off-the-field issues, as well.

But in 1999, the Broncos signed Carter to a six-year, $38 million contract that made him the team's highest-paid player.

"Charter and integrity only means something when it benefits you," Schlereth said. "Nobody said anything bad about Mike Shanahan. But it bothered everybody."

Even worse, Schlereth said, Carter's contract prevented the Broncos from re-signing eight-time Pro Bowl safety Steve Atwater.

"To get Dale, we didn't re-sign Steve Atwater, one of the great guys in Broncos history," Schlereth said.

http://www.twincities.com/sports/ci_13171596?source=rss&nclick_check=1

Buff
12-02-2010, 06:36 AM
I was just thinking, Kenny McKinley is probably #2 on my list.

LordTrychon
12-02-2010, 10:07 AM
Wow, dude.

Northman
12-02-2010, 10:15 AM
I was just thinking, Kenny McKinley is probably #2 on my list.

Uh oh, must be time for some shock value. Ok, ill play.

:shocked:

Slick
12-02-2010, 10:18 AM
Offing yourself is the most selfish thing a person can do. I don't agree with Buff but I see his point here.

Ahsley Lelie is pretty high on my list mainly because I was screaming Ed Reed at the top of my lungs during that draft.

turftoad
12-02-2010, 10:20 AM
Hands down, McDaniels.

He's single handedly has wrecked the nucleus of a young and up and comming team.
Yeah, theres been the Quitersons, Carter, etc... etc... but he (McD) has effected more than just any one player has ever effected this organization for the worse.

Northman
12-02-2010, 10:22 AM
Offing yourself is the most selfish thing a person can do. I don't agree with Buff but I see his point here.

Ahsley Lelie is pretty high on my list mainly because I was screaming Ed Reed at the top of my lungs during that draft.

The thread wasnt about who is the most selfish person. Are you really going to despise someone who killed himself?

MileHighCrew
12-02-2010, 10:46 AM
I don't think I could say I hate him because he did some great things too, but Dan Reeves deserves credit for holding Elway back for years.

Buff
12-02-2010, 01:44 PM
Uh oh, must be time for some shock value. Ok, ill play.

:shocked:

I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But I have zero sympathy and a lot of contempt for McKinley.

GEM
12-02-2010, 02:17 PM
Yup... I've slowly lost my passion for Broncos football (still pretty strong but not a maniac like I was) and it turned on the day we signed Dale Carter... a guy who took a cheap shot and ended the season and basically the career of one of the classiest people we've ever had suit up as a Bronco... Lionel Washington.

Schlereth provided an anecdote from his playing career, with longtime Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan.

In 1996, while playing receiver, Kansas City Chiefs Pro Bowl cornerback Dale Carter seriously injured Broncos cornerback Lionel Washington with a block to the knees, although the running play was on the opposite side of the field.

"From that point forward, every time we played the Chiefs, we talked about how Dale Carter didn't have the character and integrity to be a part of the Denver Broncos," Schlereth said, noting Carter's off-the-field issues, as well.

But in 1999, the Broncos signed Carter to a six-year, $38 million contract that made him the team's highest-paid player.

"Charter and integrity only means something when it benefits you," Schlereth said. "Nobody said anything bad about Mike Shanahan. But it bothered everybody."

Even worse, Schlereth said, Carter's contract prevented the Broncos from re-signing eight-time Pro Bowl safety Steve Atwater.

"To get Dale, we didn't re-sign Steve Atwater, one of the great guys in Broncos history," Schlereth said.

UGH!!! That was just depressing to read.

BroncoNut
12-02-2010, 04:34 PM
I don't expect everyone to agree with me. But I have zero sympathy and a lot of contempt for McKinley.

fuggin get over it buff, or at least quit making an issue of it. alot of people suffer in the world everyday by the actions of those who haven't offed themselves, and you just happen to know of this particular one because of his pro athlete status.

I guess I would have to despise McD at this point in time

tomjonesrocks
12-02-2010, 05:15 PM
Am surprised it took 4 pages to Slowik.

Also--a vote for Toviessi? Am sure he would have -liked- to contribute if he could have...

For me it's McDaniels by a country mile just because, as others have mentioned, the mindboggling scope of the damage.

Cugel
12-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Wade Phillips had some issues, but he was a good coach. Dan Reeves was a great coach and his only real bad move was trying to trade Elway. In all my years of being a fan, I've never really despised too many...but...

3) Red Miller (Just cause he allowed to let Lyle Alzado to be traded)
4) Jake Plummer (Natural born ass-hat)

I'd have to dispute some of your picks, but not McDaniels who I have learned to loath in a way I never felt about ANY Broncos coach, GM or player. And I've been a Broncos fan since 1977. :coffee:

Maurice Clarett would be higher on that list -- IF he'd stuck around longer, but since he was gone 6 weeks into his first training camp, he was simply a wasted pick. A real thug who showed his true colors when he immediately started committing major felonies and went to federal prison.

I don't dislike Jake that much. He's an idiot for throwing away millions of dollars to play hand-ball, but maybe that totally hot cheerleader he married had something to say about that. Maybe she didn't want him getting all beaten up every week. :beer:

Travis Henry is another poor excuse for a human being. But, mostly that was for off-field incidents. Mainly he cheated all his baby-mommas, then started committing major felonies and went to federal prison. Not a great person. One of the stupidest players ever in the NFL. And that's saying a lot.

Dale Carter was a locker-room cancer from day one. Just pure poison. And Daryl Gardner was an arrogant ass who never played a down after breaking his hand punching out some guy who cut in line at the pancake house at 2:00 A.M. -- which begs the question (what the HELL are you doing getting into fights with drunks at the Aurora IHOP in the middle of the night for?)

Cugel
12-02-2010, 05:28 PM
Am surprised it took 4 pages to Slowik.

Also--a vote for Toviessi? Am sure he would have -liked- to contribute if he could have...

For me it's McDaniels by a country mile just because, as others have mentioned, the mindboggling scope of the damage.

Toviessi is totally unfair. As is a vote for mega-busts like LB Mike Croel (4th pick of the 1991 draft) or Jarvis Moss (total waste of TWO draft picks). They weren't bad people, they can't be blamed for lacking in ability and it wasn't their fault where they were drafted.

I hated Dan Reeves for years for trying to trade John Elway (if he'd succeeded we'd have lost our only 2 SB championships)! At least Bowlen had the sense to keep Elway and throw away Reeves.

But, it doesn't come close to the intense burning hate I feel for McDaniels for destroying my favorite team and setting us back for 5 years. And all so completely UNNECESSARY considering that he inherited a team that went 9-7 and 8-8 it's two previous seasons and was stocked with young talent.

Poet
12-02-2010, 05:49 PM
For the record about McD, he didn't destroy an up and coming team. I hate to break this to you, Cutler is a good QB, not an elite QB. He can be a Hall of Famer if he gets the right coaching, but after watching how Shanahan coached him Denver, I doubt he was going to get that coaching. Marshall has done nothing this year and Scheffler is a tool.

Your offense got marginally worse and your defense has improved. The difference between this team and the last one Shanny had is that you had more pet 'franchise' players. Even if you kept Shanny you'd still have Slowik.

I don't mean to 'troll' or 'smack' your franchise, because I like your team and I love a lot of the posters on this message board to the point where I spend more time here than on a site that's dedicated to my own team. But frankly, you guys are deluding yourselves.

All franchises blow up and have to start from scratch after a good long run. Some of those elite teams, like the Niners, get lucky and have the ability, or really the luck to continue on a good track. Those teams eventually blow up harder. The Jeff Garcia and TO niners were good teams, but hardly SB contenders. After their departure the Niners became one of the worst teams in the league for a long time.

The Steelers after the Steel Curtain were average for awhile.

The Cowboys became garbage after their SB years and only recently have been a team that's worth talking about.

Much like the Niners that I mentioned earlier, Shanahan managed to keep his team on a decent run after having a juggernaut team. But eventually it will implode upon itself, and by that I mean your team hitting rock bottom is inevitable.

Take it from someone who has actually watched futility for the better part of two decades.

If Shanahan was here you'd prolly be 6-10 or 8-8 at best. With a worse coach, you're prolly going to end up at 4-12 or 6-10 this year.

Apparently a lot of the posters here have gotten used to moderate success. That's good, it really is and I wish that Cincinnati had some of that success, and I'm not even talking about the two SB's. But the fact of the matter is that a lot of you are really acting like you're owed a winning team or that it's 'unfair' that you may have to rebuild.

Especially when the coach's predecessor was taking you down this road, just at a slower pace. If you don't believe me, look at how your offense was functioning under Shanahan. Your QB locked onto Marshall too much and your offense stalled terribly in the red zone. The defensive coordinator that he championed was one of the worst DC's in the league. That vaunted running game was able to produce when needed, but it's OVERALL production finished in the middle of the pack.

Shanahan in the end needed to go. He really did. He also needs to go to another place, Canton, he really does.

But the overall point is that a lot of the fans here really, really, reaaaaaally need a reality check. Prouder and more successful franchises have suffered worse for longer.

slim
12-02-2010, 05:51 PM
Jay Cutler

Ravage!!!
12-02-2010, 05:56 PM
pure speculation and no fact

Poet
12-02-2010, 06:02 PM
pure speculation and no fact

As opposed to a lot of the stuff that gets posted here that you overlook because you AGREE with.....

But.....

I can prove to you that Shanny was falling off. Right now Marshall is proving me right. Cutler had one nice pro bowl year. I can prove to you that after dominance every team has fallen off.

You do me a big discredit to just summarize that post, which honestly has more logic and common sense in it than 90% of the posts made on this board as "pure speculation and no fact,".

I've seen you make tons of posts with more speculation and less facts than that, and at the very least I give you more respect than that in my responses.

But at this point, I take it as a compliment.

Northman
12-02-2010, 06:09 PM
For the record about McD, he didn't destroy an up and coming team.

Well yea, he sort of did. The Broncos had already taken steps to start rebuliding with the Goodman's through the draft and Cutler, Marshall, Sheff, Hillis, were all part of that buildup.

I hate to break this to you, Cutler is a good QB, not an elite QB.

He may not be elite but neither is Orton yet Jay is winning so he has that going for him.

Marshall has done nothing this year.

Neither has Ocho so does that mean he sucks too? Of course not so lets not be silly here.

Your offense got marginally worse and your defense has improved. The difference between this team and the last one Shanny had is that you had more pet 'franchise' players. Even if you kept Shanny you'd still have Slowik.

True, ive never clamored to have Shanahan back as his course had run here.

All franchises blow up and have to start from scratch after a good long run. Some of those elite teams, like the Niners, get lucky and have the ability, or really the luck to continue on a good track. Those teams eventually blow up harder. The Jeff Garcia and TO niners were good teams, but hardly SB contenders.

Franchises do blow up, but they dont trade away quality first round QB's or attempt too. If McD is as great as Robert "Jags" Ethan says he is with QB's there is no way anyone can tell me that he couldnt work with Jay Cutler. The problem is he lied about a phone call and set forth a motion of BS that could of been avoided from the word go.

The Steelers after the Steel Curtain were average for awhile.

You do realize that Denver has been average since 2001 right? I think a decade is long enough.

Take it from someone who has actually watched futility for the better part of two decades.

Not even comparable really. The Bengals are a terrible franchise run by a terrible owner. Not to be mean but Denver is nowhere on that level and thankfully so. At least yet....

If Shanahan was here you'd prolly be 6-10 or 8-8 at best. With a worse coach, you're prolly going to end up at 4-12 or 6-10 this year.

Irrelevant. Shanahan is gone so saying what would of, could of, is pointless. I only care about the NOW and what is SUPPOSED to be happening. Bowlen stated he was tired of not making the playoffs. Nothing in that did he say we would be rebuilding on a 5 year plan.

But the fact of the matter is that a lot of you are really acting like you're owed a winning team or that it's 'unfair' that you may have to rebuild.

Thats BS. I think you guys need to pay attention more to whats being discussed. Thats the problem on this board is that you guys try and put words in everybodies mouth. I can accept rebuilding so as long as:

1) There is a plan in place. If your going to rebuild than rebuild. This half ass shit with no solid direction is ridiculous.

2) All we want is too see improvement. So far, nothing has improved in the areas that should be improved going back the last 5 years.

Especially when the coach's predecessor was taking you down this road, just at a slower pace. If you don't believe me, look at how your offense was functioning under Shanahan. Your QB locked onto Marshall too much and your offense stalled terribly in the red zone.

Much like Orton did last year. Thats not a coaching problem, thats a QB problem.

Shanahan in the end needed to go. He really did. He also needs to go to another place, Canton, he really does.

Agreed.

But the overall point is that a lot of the fans here really, really, reaaaaaally need a reality check. Prouder and more successful franchises have suffered worse for longer.

Again, i can accept rebuilding. But give me a HC who can actually show some results and doesnt have the "media circus" that this assclown has.

Buff
12-02-2010, 06:11 PM
fuggin get over it buff, or at least quit making an issue of it. alot of people suffer in the world everyday by the actions of those who haven't offed themselves, and you just happen to know of this particular one because of his pro athlete status.

I guess I would have to despise McD at this point in time

I feel pretty strongly on the issue, nut... do you have a problem with me expressing my opinion?

dogfish
12-02-2010, 06:13 PM
I feel pretty strongly on the issue, nut... do you have a problem with me expressing my opinion?

sounds like we're going to need a steel cage match to settle this one. . . .

Northman
12-02-2010, 06:14 PM

For what exactly? Did you know him personally? Sounds like your just trying to ruffle feathers to me.

sneakers
12-02-2010, 06:19 PM
That wide reciever who quit the team and then went to the chefs.

Buff
12-02-2010, 06:26 PM
For what exactly? Did you know him personally? Sounds like your just trying to ruffle feathers to me.

Does anyone know any of the players in this thread personally? Sorry, I guess I see orphaning your child and ******* over your friend for $65k as slightly more egregious than trading peyton hillis. It has nothing to do with ruffling feathers, I think mckinley is scum. :whoknows:

Poet
12-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Well yea, he sort of did. The Broncos had already taken steps to start rebuliding with the Goodman's through the draft and Cutler, Marshall, Sheff, Hillis, were all part of that buildup.

But that wasn't an up and coming team. How much better do you think Scheffler or Marshall are going to be? Actually, how good do you think those two are? I think Marshall was always overrated and is not and never will be a great WR. He honestly wasn't when he was in Denver. His YPC sucked, his drops sucked, he hit ten TD's once and never could get an elite yardage total. When I say great I mean more than being a guy who gets an Pro Bowl every few years. He definitely had a lot of worth as a player. But then you factor in all his off the field stuff or the issues with practicing that he had and well....yeah...

The Cutler trade was a result of two people being idiots. Period.

The Hillis trade was....one of the worst things I have ever seen in my entire life.

He may not be elite but neither is Orton yet Jay is winning so he has that going for him.
Absolutely. But ironically a lot of the Cutler supporters said Orton only won because of his defense. This year that's what Cutler is doing. A lot of that isn't on him because that offensive line sucks and his WR's aren't good, but he's done a lot of harm and good in games. He can play. He can flat out play. Unlike Marshall or Scheffler or even Hillis, that's the guy that left that has potential for being an all-time great.

Neither has Ocho so does that mean he sucks too? Of course not so lets not be silly here.

This year Ocho has sucked all the dick. I think Marshall misses Cutler and an offensive line that's out of this world more than Cutler or Hillis does.

True, ive never clamored to have Shanahan back as his course had run here.

At least we agree on something! ;)

Franchises do blow up, but they dont trade away quality first round QB's or attempt too. If McD is as great as Robert "Jags" Ethan says he is with QB's there is no way anyone can tell me that he couldnt work with Jay Cutler. The problem is he lied about a phone call and set forth a motion of BS that could of been avoided from the word go.

You are right. That's pretty rare. Usually when that happens a trade is involved in a different context. Elway from the Colts or the really weird SD and NYG thing with Eli and Rivers. Even then, that last one involved getting rid of a potentially great QB for another potentially great QB.

McD screwed the pooch with Cutler. Cutler then screwed the pooch with McD. McD thought he was too good of a coach to be honest with players and Cutler thought he was too good of a player to have his name in trade talks.

Both were wrong.

You do realize that Denver has been average since 2001 right? I think a decade is long enough.

Actually even from that point to about the time SHanny left you would still be considered above average. Three playoff berths (I'm citing from memory, you'd know more than I would on this), an AFCG appearance and more winning and average seasons than bad is going to put said team higher than average.

Not even comparable really. The Bengals are a terrible franchise run by a terrible owner. Not to be mean but Denver is nowhere on that level and thankfully so. At least yet....

That's my point. I can tell you what true terribleness is. A lot of posters are acting like they're getting Cincinnati Bengal results. A lot of the posters are forgetting that better franchises have done worse after a big string of success.

Irrelevant. Shanahan is gone so saying what would of, could of, is pointless. I only care about the NOW and what is SUPPOSED to be happening. Bowlen stated he was tired of not making the playoffs. Nothing in that did he say we would be rebuilding on a 5 year plan.

That was really more aimed at a different crowd in a different argument (sorta).

Thats BS. I think you guys need to pay attention more to whats being discussed. Thats the problem on this board is that you guys try and put words in everybodies mouth. I can accept rebuilding so as long as:

I disagree and I think I pay pretty good attention. I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth. I'm talking about what I've seen for a pretty long time up to this point.

1) There is a plan in place. If your going to rebuild than rebuild. This half ass shit with no solid direction is ridiculous.
I agree. If you're rebuilding then you start acquiring more picks. McDaniels did that, some of it questionably, and then more things questionably after he got said picks.

2) All we want is too see improvement. So far, nothing has improved in the areas that should be improved going back the last 5 years.

All fans want improvement. Absolutely. The Broncos have been on the slide for awhile. Once again, a lot of this is my point. I'm not arguing that things suck balls right now, I'm arguing how much it sucks balls, the over reactions, etc etc etc. It's kind of like a spin off on Tned's big point about fans maybe being 'spoiled' for results.

Much like Orton did last year. Thats not a coaching problem, thats a QB problem.

Agreed, although it's a coaching problem to me because that was sometimes the best option. Getting a good player the ball isn't a problem, sometimes you need to let your players win you games when they can and when it's appropriate. BUt when that's the constant best option you have, that starts to go on the coaches.

Agreed.
My god, it happens again! WORLD PEACE IS POSSIBLE! :salute:

Again, i can accept rebuilding. But give me a HC who can actually show some results and doesnt have the "media circus" that this assclown has.

At this point yeah, he needs to go. At the end of the day what matters is results.

slim
12-02-2010, 06:29 PM
Does anyone know any of the players in this tghread personally? Sorry, I guess I see orphaning your child and ******* over your friend for $65k as slightly more egregious than trading peyton hillis. It has nothing to do with ruffling feathers, I think mckinley is scum. :whoknows:

I agree.

Also, I am glad you have softened your stance on suicide as "the most selfish act one can make". That title should probably be saved for abortion.

Northman
12-02-2010, 06:35 PM
Does anyone know any of the players in this thread personally? Sorry, I guess I see orphaning your child and ******* over your friend for $65k as slightly more egregious than trading peyton hillis. It has nothing to do with ruffling feathers, I think mckinley is scum. :whoknows:

Ahh, so we're back to the whole "suicide is selfish" thing. Gotcha. Your definitely in a small crowd there.

Buff
12-02-2010, 06:43 PM
I agree.

Also, I am glad you have softened your stance on suicide as "the most selfish act one can make". That title should probably be saved for abortion.

:tape:

dogfish
12-02-2010, 06:45 PM

buff, have you seen how bad our running game is? get your priorities straight, man. . .

Northman
12-02-2010, 06:50 PM
But that wasn't an up and coming team. How much better do you think Scheffler or Marshall are going to be? Actually, how good do you think those two are? I think Marshall was always overrated and is not and never will be a great WR. He honestly wasn't when he was in Denver. His YPC sucked, his drops sucked, he hit ten TD's once and never could get an elite yardage total. When I say great I mean more than being a guy who gets an Pro Bowl every few years. He definitely had a lot of worth as a player. But then you factor in all his off the field stuff or the issues with practicing that he had and well....yeah...

The Cutler trade was a result of two people being idiots. Period.

The Hillis trade was....one of the worst things I have ever seen in my entire life.

Absolutely. But ironically a lot of the Cutler supporters said Orton only won because of his defense. This year that's what Cutler is doing. A lot of that isn't on him because that offensive line sucks and his WR's aren't good, but he's done a lot of harm and good in games. He can play. He can flat out play. Unlike Marshall or Scheffler or even Hillis, that's the guy that left that has potential for being an all-time great.

This year Ocho has sucked all the dick. I think Marshall misses Cutler and an offensive line that's out of this world more than Cutler or Hillis does.

At least we agree on something! ;)

You are right. That's pretty rare. Usually when that happens a trade is involved in a different context. Elway from the Colts or the really weird SD and NYG thing with Eli and Rivers. Even then, that last one involved getting rid of a potentially great QB for another potentially great QB.

McD screwed the pooch with Cutler. Cutler then screwed the pooch with McD. McD thought he was too good of a coach to be honest with players and Cutler thought he was too good of a player to have his name in trade talks.

Both were wrong.

Actually even from that point to about the time SHanny left you would still be considered above average. Three playoff berths (I'm citing from memory, you'd know more than I would on this), an AFCG appearance and more winning and average seasons than bad is going to put said team higher than average.

That's my point. I can tell you what true terribleness is. A lot of posters are acting like they're getting Cincinnati Bengal results. A lot of the posters are forgetting that better franchises have done worse after a big string of success.

That was really more aimed at a different crowd in a different argument (sorta).

I disagree and I think I pay pretty good attention. I'm not putting words in anyone's mouth. I'm talking about what I've seen for a pretty long time up to this point.

I agree. If you're rebuilding then you start acquiring more picks. McDaniels did that, some of it questionably, and then more things questionably after he got said picks.

All fans want improvement. Absolutely. The Broncos have been on the slide for awhile. Once again, a lot of this is my point. I'm not arguing that things suck balls right now, I'm arguing how much it sucks balls, the over reactions, etc etc etc. It's kind of like a spin off on Tned's big point about fans maybe being 'spoiled' for results.

Agreed, although it's a coaching problem to me because that was sometimes the best option. Getting a good player the ball isn't a problem, sometimes you need to let your players win you games when they can and when it's appropriate. BUt when that's the constant best option you have, that starts to go on the coaches.

My god, it happens again! WORLD PEACE IS POSSIBLE! :salute:

At this point yeah, he needs to go. At the end of the day what matters is results.

Definitely dont agree with all the points you made but i respect your opinion as you always think it through and voice it well. :salute:

BroncoNut
12-02-2010, 07:05 PM

nope, not at all, your fervor, however, certainly doesn't mean I won't express mine. good day

Bosco
12-02-2010, 07:29 PM
I love how some people can put a head coach with a poor record above certified scum bags like Dale Carter, Travis Henry, David Kircus and Todd Sauerbrun. Kinda tells you something about our fanbase.

BroncoNut
12-02-2010, 07:33 PM
I love how some people can put a head coach with a poor record above certified scum bags like Dale Carter, Travis Henry, David Kircus and Todd Sauerbrun. Kinda tells you something about our fanbase.

those guys, except Henry, Kircus and Sauerbrun were before my time. I still don't really like Josh. but while you're at it, please explain how those mentioned have done more damage than McD? I mean seriously? but judge my fandom as you wish.

Bosco
12-02-2010, 07:49 PM
those guys, except Henry, Kircus and Sauerbrun were before my time. Three and four years ago is before your time? There is alot of Broncos history for you to learn then my friend.

I still don't really like Josh. but while you're at it, please explain how those mentioned have done more damage than McD. I mean seriously? The question wasn't who caused more damage, it was who was more despised. Since you asked though, what damage has McDaniels done? He took over a .500 football team that hadn't been to the playoffs in 3 seasons and if he was to be fired at the end of the year, we're still not a playoff team and with a slightly worse record. Dale Carter on the other hand, caused untold amounts of tension in the Broncos locker room and his illegal activities directly resulted in ending the career of our very promising nickelback of the time, resulted in a promising pass rusher getting run out of town and even had a negative effect on John Mobley prior to his season ending injury.

Dale Carter was like a one man earthquake that sent ripples through our team even a year or two after he was gone. To top it all off we spent a boatload of cash on him and got 1 year of play out of him where he was a massive downgrade over the guy who he replaced, Darrien Gordon.

Kircus, almost single highhandedly, had created a "us vs. them" environment between the offensive and defensive players. He was near universally despised by everyone on the team and was a major distraction during the 2006 training camp. Travis Henry didn't cause much damage per say, but he was a drug dealing thug who cost us alot of money for very little production.

Medford Bronco
12-02-2010, 08:22 PM
Michael Dean Perry has been at the top of my list for a long time. If I ever see him face to face I'm going to punch him in the nose. He might sit on me or something, but I'm drawing first blood.

That stupid play vs Jax when the big fatty did not get off the field in that game in the 96 division playoff game, still the worst loss in history for me beacuse of expections. The Super Bowl losses to SF and Wash were bad but I expected those

Northman
12-02-2010, 08:43 PM

You mean a fanbase that can have their own opinions. Yea, its a great fanbase. While Carter and Henry are douchebags McDaniels is right up there with them. You dont agree and thats fine but dont be pissy because people think like that. Get the **** over it already.

BroncoNut
12-02-2010, 09:17 PM
[QUOTE=Bosco;1137877]Three and four years ago is before your time? There is alot of Broncos history for you to learn then my friend.

QUOTE]

yes and no I guess. players who are turds come and go. I guess I'm still naiive enough to expect more from a coach

BroncoNut
12-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Three and four years ago is before your time? There is alot of Broncos history for you to learn then my friend.

The question wasn't who caused more damage, it was who was more despised. Since you asked though, what damage has McDaniels done? He took over a .500 football team that hadn't been to the playoffs in 3 seasons and if he was to be fired at the end of the year, we're still not a playoff team and with a slightly worse record. Dale Carter on the other hand, caused untold amounts of tension in the Broncos locker room and his illegal activities directly resulted in ending the career of our very promising nickelback of the time, resulted in a promising pass rusher getting run out of town and even had a negative effect on John Mobley prior to his season ending injury.

Dale Carter was like a one man earthquake that sent ripples through our team even a year or two after he was gone. To top it all off we spent a boatload of cash on him and got 1 year of play out of him where he was a massive downgrade over the guy who he replaced, Darrien Gordon.

Kircus, almost single highhandedly, had created a "us vs. them" environment between the offensive and defensive players. He was near universally despised by everyone on the team and was a major distraction during the 2006 training camp. Travis Henry didn't cause much damage per say, but he was a drug dealing thug who cost us alot of money for very little production.

Dale Carter sounds like a real dick, but again, before my time.

but to answer your question, i generally think McD has set this team back even further than it was at the time of MS's firing. Dude, we are effin BAD.

I Eat Staples
12-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Is Bosco even a real Broncos fan or just a McD fanboy?

Jake Klug
12-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Is Bosco even a real Broncos fan or just a McD fanboy?

Does this really even need to be asked? I think we all know the answer to that.

SM19
12-02-2010, 11:31 PM
According to the search I just did, this thread has gone 7 pages and no one said Tito Paul. Unacceptable.

Buff
12-02-2010, 11:38 PM
According to the search I just did, this thread has gone 7 pages and no one said Tito Paul. Unacceptable.

Seriously, just cover the damn deep ball Tito. It's only an undefeated season on the line.

TXBRONC
12-03-2010, 12:01 AM
There is player more than any other really don't care for and this is Eddie Kennison.

Bosco
12-03-2010, 12:03 AM

Thanks *******. It's not like I hadn't suppressed that memory or anything. :lol:

camdisco24
12-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Never seen this before, but you can see how McD has gone way downhill this season as far as fan approval:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/coach/_/coachId/73

Northman
12-03-2010, 10:56 AM
Never seen this before, but you can see how McD has gone way downhill this season as far as fan approval:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/sportsnation/coach/_/coachId/73

Yea, when 90% of the pollers dont think he is doing a good job thats says a lot there.

dogfish
12-03-2010, 12:09 PM
Yea, when 90% of the pollers dont think he is doing a good job thats says a lot there.

yep-- says the other ten percent are nuts. . . .

Cugel
12-03-2010, 12:51 PM

"Ten percent never get the word." -- JFK

Krugan
12-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Gotta be eddie quiterson for me.

The guy just left us hanging. Not only that but he had a chance to make a difference, be the go to guy and he ran away, to a division rival no less.

Pure heartless cheesedickery. Shame

Although IHOP holds a special place for me to, another costly mistake in a huge series of costly mistakes.

Dreadnought
12-03-2010, 02:21 PM
Pure heartless cheesedickery

I love the English Language, even when a word is fresh created for use within it! "Cheesedickery" sums up Eddie Kennison to a perfect tee, and I submit it out to enter our permanent vocabulary!

Bravo, Sir! :salute:

Dreadnought
12-03-2010, 02:27 PM

Keep in mind, that 10% figure is still lower than the number of people who think that aliens really do abduct Earthlings to conduct rectal probes upon. Its a matter of perspective

slim
12-03-2010, 02:28 PM
I love the English Language, even when a word is fresh created for use within it! "Cheesedickery" sums up Eddie Kennison to a perfect tee, and I submit it out to enter our permanent vocabulary!

Bravo, Sir! :salute:

It is a fine word.

I wonder how frau will take this? She will either be flattered or appalled. It could really go either way.

Ravage!!!
12-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Jagsbtch

horsepig
12-04-2010, 11:55 AM

As Gem said, that is just depressing to read. Speaking of gems, Shanahan made some moves for which I will never forgive him. Carter was just the worst. The season before he signed Carter, Carter took an exceptionally cheap shot at Elway's knees in the north end zone at Mile High.The ball was out and nobody was watching Elway standinf in the end zone and Carter just took a shot at his knees. Disgusting player and ****** Shanahan signs him, brother.

frauschieze
12-04-2010, 01:28 PM
It is a fine word.

I wonder how frau will take this? She will either be flattered or appalled. It could really go either way.

I'd have given the word a different meaning. :heh:

chazoe60
12-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Eddie Quiterson's obituary should be run in the funny pages of the Denver Post when that day arrives