PDA

View Full Version : Would you..???

Ziggy
08-25-2008, 11:10 PM
Trade Brandon Stokely and a pick for Rudi Johnson? Apparantly the Bengals are letting it be known that Rudi can be had for a 'legit' receiver. I'd make this trade. Rudi is a horse, and we have some depth at WR. He would be an instant upgrade to our RB department.

Northman
08-25-2008, 11:11 PM
In a heartbeat. But Cincy is looking for an ELITE receiver and Brandon isnt it.

slim
08-25-2008, 11:13 PM
No...

Ziggy
08-25-2008, 11:19 PM
In a heartbeat. But Cincy is looking for an ELITE receiver and Brandon isnt it.

That's why I added the pick. Brandon isn't elite, but he can produce. I don't think that they are going to get an elite receiver for a back who has a career ypc of 4.0. I think he's better than the backs we currently have and could have a very good season in our system, but he's not an elite back.

Northman
08-25-2008, 11:21 PM
That's why I added the pick. Brandon isn't elite, but he can produce. I don't think that they are going to get an elite receiver for a back who has a career ypc of 4.0. I think he's better than the backs we currently have and could have a very good season in our system, but he's not an elite back.

I see what you mean. I just dont think Cincy would bite even with a pick. They really want to find another WR who can help them get to the playoffs this year. But, if they bit on that kind of a deal i would pull the trigger.

Tned
08-25-2008, 11:22 PM
I doubt Stokley would be what they are looking for.

I wouldn't mind Rudi Johnson, but at the same time I think Marshall, hopefully Royal and Stokely will make some nice targets for Cutler, especially behind what seems to be an improved pass protecting line.

Scarface
08-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Rudi's best days are behind him and we find RBs when Day 2 of the draft is over. So no, I'd rather have Stokely converting clutch 3rd downs for us.

BigSarge87
08-25-2008, 11:30 PM
Wouldn't that just be adding another Pittman to the roster?

Ziggy
08-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Wouldn't that just be adding another Pittman to the roster?

No. Rudi is 28, Pittman is 33. Rudi has had 3 1300 + yard seasons in the last 4 years. Pittman has never had a 1000 yard season. Not even a close comparison.

fcspikeit
08-25-2008, 11:44 PM
I have never been that impressed with Rudi Johnson, besides, we need Stokely for his 3rd down play alone.

Did Cincy say this before they resigned the goofy looking thug? Or after?

slim
08-25-2008, 11:46 PM
I have never been that impressed with Rudi Johnson, besides, we need Stokely for his 3rd down play alone.

Did Cincy say this before they resigned the goofy looking thug? Or after?

Good point, anyone that would give the tranny 55 chances...well, they have serious issues.

Lonestar
08-26-2008, 12:20 AM
not only no but HELL NO..

Rudi has to many hard miles on him..

Good RB but he was ran hard and put away wet a few to many times..

Lonestar
08-26-2008, 12:21 AM
No. Rudi is 28, Pittman is 33. Rudi has had 3 1300 + yard seasons in the last 4 years. Pittman has never had a 1000 yard season. Not even a close comparison.

not only no but HELL NO..

Rudi has to many hard miles on him..

Good RB but he was ran hard and put away wet a few to many times..

See second quote for answer to first quote..

remember that Pittman was brought in cheap to be the disaster RB should everyone else go down.. Good chance he will be one of the last week cuts..

weazel
08-26-2008, 12:32 AM
when a team asks for an elite player for an elite player, it doesnt really want an overaged good player and a mid round pick in replacement of the elite player.

If I was to offer you my Ferrari, I would want another Ferrari, or Lamborghini in return, not a 20 year old dodge pick up and a draft pick for a dodge neon.

Im not saying Rudi is exactly a Ferrari, but compared to what you just offered, he is.

honz
08-26-2008, 12:36 AM
No. We would lose in that trade IMO. We have proven that we can get by with 2nd day RBs and I would rather have another clutch and dependable weapon for Cutler than i would an over the hill RB.

dogfish
08-26-2008, 12:45 AM
no way. . . IMO he's used up. . . besides, i never thought he was more than a system guy who played hard. . . when their line took a dump last year, he did too-- to the tune of about 3.7 YPC, i believe. . . moreso, he doesn't fit the ZBS at all-- we need backs with a burst to hit the small creases, and he has very little. . . he's a pure, grind-it-out power back that's best on smashes and dives, and as much as people WANT a guy like that in denver, we rarely run those types of plays. . .

i think our passing game looks like the clear strength of the offense for this year, i'd hate to weaken it-- especially with marshall slated to miss the first two games. . . we've almost always been able to get production from the running game, and trrain is probably a younger version of rudi anyways-- i'd rather wait for him to come back than give up a draft pick for a guy with an awful lot of mileage over the past few years. . .

WARHORSE
08-26-2008, 01:26 AM
Look, theres a reason theyre trying to let go of Rudi.

Its the Bungles.................

DenBronx
08-26-2008, 02:28 AM
i drafted rudi pretty high on my fantasy team last year. he didnt do s#@t!! :mad:

honestly...id rather see us snag free agent shaun alexander and keep stokely. droughns might get cut too along with many other rbs when the rosters have to be trimmed to 53 players.

like a few mentioned above, why weaken our passing game??? besides, we need stokely for the 1st two games while marshall is out.

and hell no about giving a pick.

Superchop 7
08-26-2008, 02:28 AM
If he can play MLB I would.

DenBronx
08-26-2008, 02:32 AM
If he can play MLB I would.

now your talkin!

if were going to make any moves at this point then it needs to be mlb. our offense looks set but we have a few holes on d.

omac
08-26-2008, 04:31 AM
when a team asks for an elite player for an elite player, it doesnt really want an overaged good player and a mid round pick in replacement of the elite player.

If I was to offer you my Ferrari, I would want another Ferrari, or Lamborghini in return, not a 20 year old dodge pick up and a draft pick for a dodge neon.

Im not saying Rudi is exactly a Ferrari, but compared to what you just offered, he is.

Actually, at this point of their careers, Stokley is much more valuable than Rudi Johnson. Stokley is still fast, still has great hands, still runs great routes, and is very dependable on 3rd down.

Rudi Johnson is getting edged out by both Kenny Watson and Chris Perry. At this point of his career, he's far from elite, and definitely not close to a Ferrari. He's probably closer to Stephen Alexander at this point. So if you asked me if we'd trade Stokley and a draft pick for Alexander, I'd say no, and I'd say the same for Johnson.

The Bengals would jump at the chance to get Stokley AND a draft pick for Johnson. He's not that far off from eventually getting released. There's no need to trade for him.

topscribe
08-26-2008, 05:19 AM
Actually, at this point in their respective careers, I would place a higher value
on Stokely, myself. I would much rather have a player who can convert third
downs than one who can get me four yards.

But that's just me, I guess . . .

-----

topscribe
08-26-2008, 05:20 AM
Actually, at this point of their careers, Stokley is much more valuable than Rudi Johnson. Stokley is still fast, still has great hands, still runs great routes, and is very dependable on 3rd down.

Rudi Johnson is getting edged out by both Kenny Watson and Chris Perry. At this point of his career, he's far from elite, and definitely not close to a Ferrari. He's probably closer to Stephen Alexander at this point. So if you asked me if we'd trade Stokley and a draft pick for Alexander, I'd say no, and I'd say the same for Johnson.

The Bengals would jump at the chance to get Stokley AND a draft pick for Johnson. He's not that far off from eventually getting released. There's no need to trade for him.

Boy, what is that they say about great minds? I posted mine before I saw yours. :laugh:

-----

dogfish
08-26-2008, 05:25 AM
Boy, what is that they say about great minds?
-----

there are damn few of 'em around here? :confused:

:laugh:

Dreadnought
08-26-2008, 06:26 AM
No way in the World. I'm not a huge Rudi Johnson fan in any event, and I think he's pretty close to all used up. I'd happily part with Keary Colbert for him, and thats about it :D

No way do I want to screw up the chemistry of what could be a really special passing attack on this has-been.

omac
08-26-2008, 07:55 AM
Boy, what is that they say about great minds? I posted mine before I saw yours. :laugh:

-----

I can't argue with a great mind. :D

omac
08-26-2008, 07:56 AM

Yup, gotta stick together. :D

underrated29
08-26-2008, 10:53 AM
No! we got torain for that.

But this did bring up another hypothetical that amusses me.

Would be all for trading scheffler and a 2nd rd pick for the likes of lofa tatupu? or anyother quality MLB? (since sea would probably kick us in the balls and then say no thanks.)

Requiem / The Dagda
08-26-2008, 11:03 AM
No, and I don't even like Stokley that much.

LRtagger
08-26-2008, 11:33 AM
When I saw this article on ESPN, I immediately thought "Glen Martinez for Rudi"...then I came over here to post the article and saw this thread.

Then I about shat myself when I saw trading Stokes PLUS a draft pick. Not a chance in hell I would trade any of our top 4 receivers for Rudi. And especially not if I had to throw in a draft pick on top of it.

The Bungles are not going to be able to get an elite WR for Rudi.

I'll gladly take Young and Hall + Stokely on my team and have all of next year's picks to use to either fill positions of need, or use to trade up in the first to get a MLB.

Northman
08-26-2008, 11:37 AM

Thanks man, i knew you were looking out for me. :D

hamrob
08-26-2008, 11:49 AM

Im not saying Rudi is exactly a Ferrari, but compared to what you just offered, he is.Ha...Ha...Ha. You're kidding right? Personally, I'd rather have Brandon Stokely anyday...any season. All Stokely does is convert 3rd downs. He's clutch.

Yeah...Johnson had 3 1300 yd seasons...but he's only averaged 4 yds a carry despite those lofty numbers. In fact, he averaged just 2.9 yds a carry last year.

No thanks!

broncofaninfla
08-26-2008, 11:50 AM
I agree, I don't see much value with Rudi anymore. He's been hurt and I'm sure out of shape not to mention he is in the downside of his career. I also don’t see anybody offering up an elite receiver or even a promising back up for him. Denver is going to leave Stokely in the slot this year and I'm honestly expecting a big year from him, especially with Marshall and Royal playing outside the slot then add Jackson, Hillis and Scheffler to the mix..... Cutler will be able to pick his poison. At any given time, at least one of these guys are going to be open and it looks like this years offensive line will give Cutler time to find them.

NameUsedBefore
08-26-2008, 11:56 AM
I think that would be a rare case in which both teams lose in a trade.

Dreadnought
08-26-2008, 01:05 PM
When I saw this article on ESPN, I immediately thought "Glen Martinez for Rudi"...then I came over here to post the article and saw this thread.

Then I about shat myself when I saw trading Stokes PLUS a draft pick. Not a chance in hell I would trade any of our top 4 receivers for Rudi. And especially not if I had to throw in a draft pick on top of it.

The Bungles are not going to be able to get an elite WR for Rudi.

I'll gladly take Young and Hall + Stokely on my team and have all of next year's picks to use to either fill positions of need, or use to trade up in the first to get a MLB.

The Bungles are delusional. Thats nothing new. Rudi Johnson simply is not a top tier NFL talent.

G_Money
08-26-2008, 01:50 PM
I'd rather just take a player off the waiver wire come Cut Day.

Much cheaper.

~G

omac
08-29-2008, 07:46 PM
This was posted by turftoad at the Around the League News/Rumours Thread ....

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=361269#post361269

August 29, 2008, 11:13
Bengals :: RB

Bengals RB Johnson Anticipating Getting Cut

Geoff Hobson, Bengals.com - [Full Article]

The Cincinnati Bengals certainly didn't showcase running back Rudi Johnson Thursday night by mysteriously icing him in the preseason finale. But while Marvin Lewis suggested he was resting him for the opener, Johnson said he could be gone by then and didn't rule out getting cut. "Anybody can get cut, right?" Johnson asked when asked if he thought it could happen. "Keep your TVs and your cell phones on and all that good stuff and see what happens." With Johnson having missed the entire preseason, coach Marvin Lewis hasn't been pleased that he has been unable to gauge how far Johnson has come from his '07 hamstring problems because he hurt the other hamstring in the first week of camp and basically didn't practice until this past Monday and Tuesday.

---------------------------------

There's probably no need to trade for him, and he'll probably be available, but really he hasn't looked good these last 2 years, and he's been injury prone.

slim
08-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Well, can't say I am surprised. RB's don't last long.