PDA

View Full Version : Football 101?

dennissanford
12-01-2010, 08:38 AM
My 14 year old son is starting football and I know nothing! Please help with the basics and anything else that would be helpful for novice for football moms. Thanks!

tripleoption
12-01-2010, 09:43 PM
Anything in particular? Just basic stuff or more advanced stuff?

Nomad
12-02-2010, 08:27 AM
What's his size and positions he is looking to tryout for? I assume he's a eight grader or freshman in HS which he needs to have a strong will and dedication because he's going up against boys who have been playing the game for 4/5 yrs already!

I would say start off with conditioning and strength. There are numerous websites on this you can look up and plus the HC/position coaches will guide him in the right direction also his teammates should be of help too. He needs to start reading and understanding the fundamentals of football such as blocking and tackling which again the internet has tons of info. Also learn the different positions, if he doesn't know already! Being in shape and conditioned, will be a good starting point for him right now plus if he is in high school the coaches should let him utilize the weight room/cardio machines and find teammates to go with!!

Main thing is he needs to be tough physically/mentally and have fun......it's a fun game to play!

tripleoption's a good guy to get advice from!!;)

tripleoption
12-06-2010, 11:58 PM
You're far too kind to me Nomad.:beer: We didn't do too well this season. :tsk: