PDA

View Full Version : HELL YEAH! McDaniels to return in 2011

UnderArmour
11-29-2010, 09:36 PM
Haters gonna hate.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/29/josh-mcdaniels-will-return-in-2011-broncos-owner-says/
Josh McDaniels Will Return in 2011, Broncos Owner Says
By Thomas George

OK, what about the 2011 season? Will McDaniels be back for it?

"Yes he will," Bowlen said. "I am not interested in making a coaching change."

jjtodd5
11-29-2010, 09:38 PM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/11/29/josh-mcdaniels-will-return-in-2011-broncos-owner-says/

jhildebrand
11-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Half filled Invesco may change his mind.

BroncoWave
11-29-2010, 09:40 PM
I'm just gonna sit back and get my popcorn ready. This thread will be fun!

Tned
11-29-2010, 09:43 PM
Fanhouse.com reputable?

jhildebrand
11-29-2010, 09:43 PM
"Mike Shanahan is my coach as long as he wants to coach"

Pat Bowlen approximately the same time frame prior to firing Shanahan as McDaniels is from the end of the season.

soonerjh
11-29-2010, 09:44 PM
Yeah kinda like Shanny was his going to be his coach forever...and will he even remember saying this in a couple months?

Northman
11-29-2010, 09:49 PM

Pat Bowlen approximately the same time frame prior to firing Shanahan as McDaniels is from the end of the season.

Bwhahahahahahahaahahah!

BroncoWave
11-29-2010, 09:49 PM
Fanhouse.com reputable?

I know Jay Mariotti writes for them. He's a pretty well-known guy.

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 09:50 PM
Haters gonna hate.

By Thomas George

We'll see what happens. Of this wouldn't the first that an owner has said publically he supports an embattled head coach and then turned around and fired them at some point after making that kind of proclaimation. It's kind of like the Corleone kiss of death. "You broke my Guido. You broke my heart."

broncofaninfla
11-29-2010, 09:50 PM
If Mcd stays Xanders has to go, the Mcd/Xanders duo just doesn't work. We need a real GM and Mcd needs to have his responsibilities reduced to just coaching. Xanders has to go.

Northman
11-29-2010, 09:53 PM
We'll see what happens. Of this wouldn't the first that an owner has said publically he supports an embattled head coach and then turned around and fired them at some point after making that kind of proclaimation. It's kind of like the Corleone kiss of death. "You broke my Guido. You broke my heart."

Didnt Jerry Jones say most of the year that Wade was his guy? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tned
11-29-2010, 09:55 PM
Didnt Jerry Jones say most of the year that Wade was his guy? :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Come on North, join me on the McDaniels bandwagon. There aren't many of us on it, but it's so warm and cozy....

Lancane
11-29-2010, 09:57 PM
Hahahahahahahahahahahaha...

That's a knee slapper, about as reputable as Florio and the PFT staff! Bowlen has declined to comment to local reporters and the national media in whole, including the NFLN and ESPN, but talked to this ass clown?

And even if that was true... Pat Bowlen's words are like a razorblades dipped in venom; Shanahan is our coach (Boom), Jay Cutler is our franchise quarterback and the future will be built around him (Boom), I want Brandon Marshall to remain a Bronco for a long, long time (Boom), do we need to continue?

:lol:

spikerman
11-29-2010, 09:57 PM
What do you think the odds are that about two years ago Pat Bowlen learned that Josh McDaniels was his illegitimate son? It's the only thing I can figure.

Northman
11-29-2010, 09:58 PM
Come on North, join me on the McDaniels bandwagon. There aren't many of us on it, but it's so warm and cozy....

Is it the meat wagon? "Bring out your dead" DONG!

nevcraw
11-29-2010, 10:00 PM
But I know we have bought some people in here who can and will help us."

oops don't you mean brought massa?

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 10:01 PM
What do you think the odds are that about two years ago Pat Bowlen learned that Josh McDanies was his illegitimate son? It's the only thing I can figure.

It's that or maybe he has pictures of Bowlen in a compromising position with some bimbo.

scott.475
11-29-2010, 10:02 PM
Honestly I don't even know why people ask owners, mid-season, if their coach will be back the next year. I have heard that same question asked so many times and have yet to hear an owner say "Well, no, I'm gonna fire him as soon as the last game is over". Give me a break, owners always answer like Pat did.

Maybe Pat won't remember he said this either. 'Course, that potential memory problem could be a double edge sword as McD could use it to his advantage. Come next Feb or so he could walk into Pat's office and say "Hello Mr. Bowlen, I'm your new coach..." The horror, the horror!

threefolddead
11-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Same words from Jerry Jones literally a week before he fired Wade Phillips.

Broncolingus
11-29-2010, 10:06 PM
If Mcd stays Xanders has to go, the Mcd/Xanders duo just doesn't work. We need a real GM and Mcd needs to have his responsibilities reduced to just coaching. Xanders has to go.

Agreed 100% :salute:

NightTrainLayne
11-29-2010, 10:09 PM
I can't imagine this guy making up direct quotes from an interview, but it is curious how he landed an interview with Bowlen, when Bowlen hasn't been saying anything or granting interviews to anyone. I'm trying to figure out what that means assuming Bowlen did the interview. Why use a second-tier national website "blog-type" news source to leak this out?

jhildebrand
11-29-2010, 10:09 PM
What is Bowlen really going to say at this point if he isn't already fired? :confused:

Besides, Bowlen has proven to be a shrewd businesman if anything. He is 6 steps ahead, son. When McD tries to sue Bowlen, one of the very comments Bowlen can point to is right here!

As jrwiz would say "much ado about nothing" :rolleyes:

Lancane
11-29-2010, 10:11 PM
This is my favorite part of the whole article -

"I'm very happy with Josh. Josh is doing a good job. I wish he had a few more wins, but we've got five games to go. I've got 27 years in this business. The ball bounces funny and it doesn't always bounce your way. We've had bad breaks, injuries. I've been around football long enough to know this happens and it's a part of the game. We've still got a chance to make the playoffs. People have been in a position like ours and it's been done before.''

Someone should remind him that during his time as owner, his only time involved in the NFL that he's never had such a horrid record or losing streak over a two season period. Not only that...but, if he's happy with where things are right now then there is more wrong with him then we've been let on about. The last part kills me, "We've still got a chance to make the playoffs."...lol. Maybe as much a chance as Buffalo, Detroit and Carolina. If at all true, I feel sorry for this organization, he's only had to hire three coaches and fire three coaches, not the best experience to bank on.

Tned
11-29-2010, 10:13 PM
I can't imagine this guy making up direct quotes from an interview, but it is curious how he landed an interview with Bowlen, when Bowlen hasn't been saying anything or granting interviews to anyone. I'm trying to figure out what that means assuming Bowlen did the interview. Why use a second-tier national website "blog-type" news source to leak this out?

I asked Josina that and she said Thomas George used to work for the Denver Post, so there is probably a long standing relationship there.

I Eat Staples
11-29-2010, 10:14 PM
Guys, this is good news. Whenever a coach gets a vote of confidence it means they're being fired soon. Wade Philips and Brad Childress both got votes of confidence before being fired. McDaniels is going to be gone soon!

As for the person who made this thread and was happy that they believe McD to be coming back, allow me to ask you, do you not know anything about football or are you a Chargers fan?

Tned
11-29-2010, 10:15 PM
This is my favorite part of the whole article -

Someone should remind him that during his time as owner, his only time involved in the NFL that he's never had such a horrid record or losing streak over a two season period. Not only that...but, if he's happy with where things are right now then there is more wrong with him then we've been let on about. The last part kills me, "We've still got a chance to make the playoffs."...lol. Maybe as much a chance as Buffalo, Detroit and Carolina. If at all true, I feel sorry for this organization, he's only had to hire three coaches and fire three coaches, not the best experience to bank on.

Some said a wild card team couldn't win the Super Bowl.

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 10:16 PM

I can imagine it. It's the internet.

BroncoBJ
Best news I've heard all week. :elefant:

Tned
Guys, this is good news. Whenever a coach gets a vote of confidence it means they're being fired soon. Wade Philips and Brad Childress both got votes of confidence before being fired. McDaniels is going to be gone soon!

As for the person who made this thread and was happy that they believe McD to be coming back, allow me to ask you, do you not know anything about football or are you a Chargers fan?

If you want to talk shit/smack to other posters, go to the smack forum or shut the **** up.

Lancane
11-29-2010, 10:17 PM

We would have to win out the season...with this sorry ass team, and an inept head coach.

I got a better chance of a winning lottery ticket coming out of my ass! :laugh:

tomjonesrocks
11-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Yep. To echo the posts of others I hate reading this, but unless he's prepared to fire him today he really has no choice but to say he will be back in 2011 if someone asks directly. To say anything else, such as "we'll evaluate at a later time" or whatever pretty much tips his hand that the coach is done and tells all the players to stop playing for the coach. One could argue the players have already quit--but that's a different matter.

It does sound like McD is safe at least through the rest of the year, as unfortunate as that is. Am going to hope Bowlen makes a move as soon as the final minute of this year is over (and before more draft picks can be wasted or more talent -- what little left there is -- can be traded away).

spikerman
11-29-2010, 10:18 PM
Looking at it from a "glass half-full" point of view at least McDaniels keeps the message board interesting.

Lancane
11-29-2010, 10:19 PM
I asked Josina that and she said Thomas George used to work for the Denver Post, so there is probably a long standing relationship there.

Really, I don't remember him...must have been a paperboy, oh wait...that's right he was a columnist, really shitty one at that.

Northman
11-29-2010, 10:19 PM
True, but Denver isnt one of them this year.

I Eat Staples
11-29-2010, 10:20 PM
If you want to talk shit/smack to other posters, go to the smack forum or shut the **** up.

Any intelligent person who's followed the Broncos for the past two seasons would agree that I just asked him a legitimate question.

BroncoWave
11-29-2010, 10:20 PM

UnderArmour is a very well-respected and long time poster on here and from Broncos Country. I know you're new here but to question the football knowledge or fanhood of UA could not be more off-base. Get the hell out of here with that crap.

underrated29
11-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Bowlen is NOT going to pay 3 coaches!!!!!

He is still paying Shanny, he is already paying josh on year 2 of his 4 year contract. He is NOT NOT NOT going to pay another head coach in addition to these two.

It is a simple fact. Despite Bowlens pressing alzheimers. In addition to paying 3 coaches, who out there would be better? And who out there would not turn things over like josh did further setting us back? It just does not make sense at this time.

BroncoWave
11-29-2010, 10:21 PM
Any intelligent person who's followed the Broncos for the past two seasons would agree that I just asked him a legitimate question.

When you take that kind of attitude with someone like UA don't expect anyone on here to do you any favors or take your post seriously.

Tned
11-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Really, I don't remember him...must have been a paperboy, oh wait...that's right he was a columnist, really shitty one at that.

We would have to win out the season...with this sorry ass team, and an inept head coach.

I got a better chance of a winning lottery ticket coming out of my ass! :laugh:

Someone piss in your cheerios, or are you always this pleasant? :confused:

BeefStew25
11-29-2010, 10:22 PM
Man that December 26th game could very well be a train wreck for Mc5-16.

rationalfan
11-29-2010, 10:23 PM

perhaps. but your comments are so often bent through the prism of you, yet passed off as "common knowledge."

BeefStew25
When you take that kind of attitude with someone like UA don't expect anyone on here to do you any favors or take your post seriously.

I like when you get sassy.

jhildebrand
I will say it again: the CBA might dictate McDaniels' fate more than McD himself.

Tned
11-29-2010, 10:24 PM

I think BTB addressed so, again, if you want to talk shit/smack, take it to the correct forum. Disrespecting other members because you are upset that a coach wasn't fired is not what we are about at BF?

BroncoBJ
11-29-2010, 10:24 PM
UnderArmour is a very well-respected and long time poster on here and from Broncos Country. I know you're new here but to question the football knowledge or fanhood of UA could not be more off-base. Get the hell out of here with that crap.

When someone has a different opinion then someone else, its usually resorts to that person not knowing anything about football. Funny how that works.

Northman
11-29-2010, 10:25 PM
When someone has a different opinion then someone else, its usually resorts to that person not knowing anything about football. Funny how that works.

Yea, ive been on the end of plenty of those myself.

BroncoWave
11-29-2010, 10:25 PM
I like when you get sassy.

That's bi-curious.

Lancane
11-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Someone piss in your cheerios, or are you always this pleasant? :confused:

Tned, come on...after all the time you've known me? I'm just naturally an *******!

:cool:

cardoso
11-29-2010, 10:26 PM
Haters gonna hate.

By Thomas George

LOL at a fan jumping up and down with joy about a guy who ran his team into the ground returning to do it again. You must enjoy failure, because that's all that mcdaniels has been.

And that's not even a credible source lol. Bowlen has refused any interview since january of this year. He's refused even the closest of reports from the denver post and all of a sudden he's talking to a message board . :lol:

lets say he did give an interview do you really expect him to say "josh is fired just not right now i will let him finish the season then he's out" Bowlen is classy guy who is for the most part politically correct when needed.

jerry jones said wade was his coach and he would not be fired
Vikings owner gave childress 100% confidence and said he will be back next year

talk is cheap! I can't wait till the end of the year when mcdaniels gets canned and shipped a cargo ship to china. i'd have to be a big box to fit his ego.

tomjonesrocks
11-29-2010, 10:27 PM

This argument seems iron-clad until you think of the consequences keeping this coach another year might have. Let's say Invesco is half full all next season and concessions/jerseys/etc sales fall through the floor. Or McD trades away Dumervil and/or Clady for scraps. Or makes poor draft choices (with very high picks) and we sign those unproductive picks to large contracts. Or, God forbid the new spygate scandal has longer legs than it seems and the story hangs around.

I could go on--but keeping McD could cost Bowlen a lot more than paying 3 coaches.

Tned
11-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Tned, come on...after all the time you've known me? I'm just naturally an *******!

:cool:

Really? I hadn't noticed.... ;)

:laugh:

spikerman
11-29-2010, 10:29 PM

He is still paying Shanny, he is already paying josh on year 2 of his 4 year contract. He is NOT NOT NOT going to pay another head coach in addition to these two.

It is a simple fact. Despite Bowlens pressing alzheimers. In addition to paying 3 coaches, who out there would be better? And who out there would not turn things over like josh did further setting us back? It just does not make sense at this time.

I don't care whether he stays or goes this year, this season is toast, but I honestly have no idea of how this team can be set any further back than it already is. Denver is the worst team in what is probably the worst division in football (well it's between the AFCW and NFCW). Either way, there isn't much further to fall for this team.

UnderArmour
11-29-2010, 10:30 PM

That depends, do you not know anything about football or are you a Raiders fan?

We don't have John Elway anymore. We don't have a talented roster on both sides of the ball that can be turned around in a heartbeat like the Cowboys and the Vikings do. We didn't have it when Shanahan was fired and we don't have it now. Our defense is not as bad as it was 2 years ago but it is still bad and it still needs to be fixed. We need playmakers in the trenches and we need Elvis back healthy. If we change defensive schemes again, we'll need more than just that. We have problems right now on the roster but the holes can be filled in and the talent can be added to make us competitive and push is over in these close games we have been losing this year.

If you think firing McDaniels, who has the players buying into his message, and hiring someone else and putting in a new system will make Denver a winner again you are sadly mistaken. This is not a Childress situation where guys just stopped playing for him because he's an ******* nor is it a Phillips situation where he lost control over the team; the 2010 Broncos season is one where we started with injuries, momentum worked against us, and calls just didn't go our way. Coaching problems and giving up? Are we watching the same games this year? No way McDaniels deserves to be fired for this year.

I Eat Staples
11-29-2010, 10:32 PM

Lol you make this seem like a popularity contest. I'll question whoever I want, thank you.

LOL at a fan jumping up and down with joy about a guy who ran his team into the ground returning to do it again. You must enjoy failure, because that's all that mcdaniels has been.

This. At this point I'm convinced that any Broncos fan who wants McDaniels to be our coach is completely delusional or doesn't watch the games.

underrated29
11-29-2010, 10:33 PM
This argument seems iron-clad until you think of the consequences keeping this coach another year might have. Let's say Invesco is half full all next season and concessions/jerseys/etc sales fall through the floor. Or that McD trades away Dumervil and/or Clady for scraps. Or makes poor draft choices (with very high picks) and we sign those unproductive picks to large contracts. Or, God forbid the new spygate scandal has longer legs than it seems and the story hangs around.

I could go on--but keeping McD could cost Bowlen a lot more than paying 3 coaches.

True. That could happen. But that is a big IF.- weather you (anyone i mean) like josh or not. Honestly what is the more plausible scenario

1- Mcd stays, gets another year to implement his plan with his people and do what he said he would do. Or He stays and we fail and know for certain he sucks

2- The stadium doesnt sell, jersey sales go down, we dump off doom and whoever was listed above. Or pay 3 coaches money and probably another new D coordinator and roster turnover and start from scratch again. Except there are no legitimate head coaching candidates out there right now too. Or none that would be any better than MFmcd. So we fire him for sake of firing.

underrated29
11-29-2010, 10:34 PM
I don't care whether he stays or goes this year, this season is toast, but I honestly have no idea of how this team can be set any further back than it already is. Denver is the worst team in what is probably the worst division in football (well it's between the AFCW and NFCW). Either way, there isn't much further to fall for this team.

While you are somewhat correct.

Buffalo, Detroit and a few others disagree with you.

tomjonesrocks
11-29-2010, 10:34 PM
If you think firing McDaniels, who has the players buying into his message

The players are buying into his message? Which players? The third-tier talents he brought over from the Pats? Or the players that were reportedly so miserable playing for McDaniels the week after the Jets loss they quit on him (resulting in the Raiders blowout) ?

The team looks pretty gutless to me. Am not seeing much message-buying personally...

BroncoWave
11-29-2010, 10:35 PM
Lol you make this seem like a popularity contest. I'll question whoever I want, thank you.

There's a difference between questioning someone and being a total dick to them for no other reason than that you disagree with them. When you pull that crap with a respected member who in my memory has never gotten personal with anyone, that just doesn't fly.

People on here might actually respect what you have to say if you weren't a complete douchebag in every post you make.

Bosco
11-29-2010, 10:36 PM
Can I say I told ya so?

This is a smart move really. We need to have some stability here. Stay the course and see how it shakes out. That said, if McDaniels doesn't field a drastically better football team in 2011, I will have no issue with Bowlen pulling the plug on Josh. No more excuses after this year. He needs to win.

spikerman
11-29-2010, 10:37 PM
While you are somewhat correct.

Buffalo, Detroit and a few others disagree with you.

With all sincerity I think Buffalo and Detroit would roll over Denver at this point. The only team I can think of off hand that I would favor the Broncos against would be Carolina and I'm not even sure about that after watching them give the Browns a pretty tough game.

I know it hurts to hear it and it definitely hurts to type it, but Denver is atrocious at the moment.

Bosco
11-29-2010, 10:39 PM

This. At this point I'm convinced that any Broncos fan who wants McDaniels to be our coach is completely delusional or doesn't watch the games.

Shit, I blame the state of this team on YOU. You went on that hate rampage and we completely destroyed the Chiefs and now that you've let up, we suck again! You need to get your ass in gear with that reverse mojo shit!

:D

tomjonesrocks
11-29-2010, 10:39 PM
With all sincerity I think Buffalo and Detroit would roll over Denver at this point. The only team I can think of off hand that I would favor the Broncos against would be Carolina and I'm not even sure about that after watching them give the Browns a pretty tough game.

I know it hurts to hear it and it definitely hurts to type it, but Denver is atrocious at the moment.

Absolutely. I'd trade almost any roster in the league over what we have. Very few teams would even give me pause.

I'd take a full roster switch with Detroit yesterday if it were offered.

JONtheBRONCO
11-29-2010, 10:45 PM
HA HA! Man - I'm assuming here, but I bet a good proportion of Bronco nation have their pitch forks out and torches lit. Bronco nation is probably split into three parts right now.

Part A.) The impulsive; reactive; Self-GM.
The Denver Broncos have lost 16 games out of the last 21. Josh McDaniels is the devil and judging by the way he coaches football in Denver - he probably can't walk along to the local Wal-Mart.

- And who blames them? McDaniels has made more than enough questionable decisions in his short tenure here at Denver... Do we even have to go there? No. Along with a scandal that has made our Broncos look like a cheating joke. But Captain Hindsight says (who most of you love to be) - look at both sides, there's a chance he didn't have anything to do with it. Regardless, in the end you just don't hire the guy into first place. * Also, before most of you start putting paper bags on your heads (which was laughable, what a self-inflicting wound that would be), stop buying merchandise, or quit attending games (season ticker holders - I validate) - you're going to speed up the process and really put a STAMP OF SHAME on the Denver Broncos... Do you want us to be the Lions? The Saints of the old? You're a Bronco fan first, remember that.

Part B.) the hippy; overly optimistic; I have a plan, I just don't know what it is.
The Denver Broncos are not doing their best but give it time to gel, time to mold, lets be rational about this - there is a plan in place.

Okay - so show me. You yourself have never probably had any real involvement in football. So far, McDaniels is showing he can't make in-game adjustments, he can't evaluate talent (in agree agency and the draft) and has put C-listers around him as coaches. Really Josh, you are the offensive genius from NE and can't score more than 20 points a game on average. The fact you've neglected the defense, have tore down the offense and rebuilt it back to average - hasn't really tickled me in the right spots. In fact, your flicking us fans one nut at a time. McDaniels has been more than questionable, he needs to do something, because no one should be satisfied. Come on Pat - he is doing a good job? You cannot say that. You should of said what you said, but you can't say that.

Part C.) the evaluator; rational one; You see I'm a Bronco fan, I love the Broncos - this guy is sucking ass right now, I realize I'm a fan and haven't been in the business, or even come close, but I think I'll look at both sides right now.
The Denver Broncos suck. This sucks. Hope we can win some games and come out with a decent first rounder - and have the right people in place to do it.

Josh has too much power. I love the way Bowlen came out and backed him. You have to do that if you want anyone under you to be successful - and produce like you expect. If Josh was playing on his tippy toes, it would be a complete turd storm (bigger than it already is). He is coaching like shit. His team is playing like shit. Something needs to be done. I really like the way Pat said he would give his advice, and Josh could take it or leave it. It starts with the GM first. We need a better evaluator than Josh, someone who can present him with better insight and possibly make the decision for him. Believe it or not, this is VERY possible. Also, Wink Martindale sucks. He needs players, but he's not the guy.

I'm still contemplating taking my pitch fork out, but I'm not there yet. Got to be rational, look at all sides and possibilities. You can only root for your Denver Broncos, and rooting against Josh, the Broncos, the gifts, the tickets, wearing paper bags - all self-inflicted wounds. We REALLY have HAD injuries along with bad breaks. Really, we have. I like what Pat did, I don't like what Josh is doing, and I'll hope for the best. Because like all of you, I love Denver. But I'm not going to resort to gloom and doom, impulsive, self-inflicting fan who thinks they know everything, when they haven't even sniffed NFL experience. But then again, Jerry Jones said the same thing.

Davii
11-29-2010, 10:55 PM
I wouldn't say i'm on the McD bandwagon, but I am glad to see this if it's true. Although I am severely dissapointed in the on field product and the off the field crap, I also realize that changing coaches at this juncture will cause more problems than it will solve.

Josh better get his shit together, 2011 is his last chance to prove he's worthy of coaching the Broncos.

Nomad
11-29-2010, 10:56 PM
Nice JON! I'm bipolar with the situation, I'm optimistic, rational, then grab my pitchfork!!:D Then repeat the next week!!:D

Bosco
11-29-2010, 10:56 PM

Detroit and Buffalo are both playing some solid football. Their record doesn't it show it, but they've both given some very strong teams a run for their money, just like Denver did with Indy and the Jets.

Keep the faith man. We'll either be a good team in 2011 or the Josh McDaniels experiment will likely be over. Either way, you win. :D

Davii
11-29-2010, 10:57 PM
You're a Bronco fan first, remember that.

Amen. Quote of the thread.

Lancane
11-29-2010, 10:59 PM
On the bright side, the message boards aren't going to be dull for another season and a half. That and another year of questionable moves, draft picks and of course falling worse into the cellar will be keeping the boards very active, even colorful. And that's without even mentioning that it could be a step closer to the team being moved to Los Angeles where Elway now resides...the Pasadena Broncos, hmmmm...

Kroenke will be excited, he'd love to move the Rams to Denver, since he calls Denver home...the Denver Rams, could be worse. At least all those fans who wanted Spagnuolo as the head coach will get their wish, just not how they expected it.

:coffee:

Q? Does the forum then officially become the Ram Forums? I don't like the name...maybe the Horny Forum? Ehhhh...who knows.

spikerman
11-29-2010, 11:01 PM
Detroit and Buffalo are both playing some solid football. Their record doesn't it show it, but they've both given some very strong teams a run for their money, just like Denver did with Indy and the Jets.

Keep the faith man. We'll either be a good team in 2011 or the Josh McDaniels experiment will likely be over. Either way, you win. :D

Frankly, I don't care who the coach is as long as the team is successful. Even if the record doesn't show it, I would like to see signs of improvement. If it means getting rid of McDaniels I'm for it, if it means keeping him but bringing in a real GM I'm ok with that too. I just don't see it working under the current construct.

Bosco
11-29-2010, 11:06 PM
I just don't see it working under the current construct. They (or most of them I should say) will get another year to show that they can get it done. If not, we'll be starting over again.

This team will be a winner once again, count on it. Bowlen cares too much about winning to accept anything less.

Lancane
11-29-2010, 11:12 PM
They (or most of them I should say) will get another year to show that they can get it done. If not, we'll be starting over again.

This team will be a winner once again, count on it. Bowlen cares too much about winning to accept anything less.

Sad thing is that I would have agreed with you, till now. We really have no idea of his mindset at this time, if he is even coherent on the most mundane issues. Everything he's said over the last two or three years has ended up going the opposite way from what he stated. I don't even know if we can buy into what he says any longer, maybe count it as gospel truth...but, then again?

titan
11-29-2010, 11:13 PM
Elway has been hanging around the Broncos complex more this year (giving a speech to the team before the KC game I think). And John does get along with Josh. How about dump Xanders and make John the GM?

Honestly I can live with Josh if the Broncos just had somebody else handling player personnel. I was reminded today in an interview I heard with Jeff Legwold (Denver Post) that at Josh's first press conference McDaniels said "The Goodmans will have the final say on player personnel"

Northman
11-29-2010, 11:15 PM
Elway has been hanging around the Broncos complex more this year (giving a speech to the team before the KC game I think). And John does get along with Josh. How about dump Xanders and make John the GM?

Honestly I can live with Josh if the Broncos just had somebody else handling player personnel. I was reminded today in an interview I heard with Jeff Legwold (Denver Post) that at Josh's first press conference McDaniels said "The Goodmans will have the final say on player personnel"

Yea, if they arent going to fire his sorry ass at least take some of the power away from that douchebag.

gobroncsnv
11-29-2010, 11:24 PM
I agree, put in a strong GM and build some continuity that way. As AZ, Det, and Bills are seeing, the whipsaw approach to team building is VERY ineffective. Get a program in place, and build around it, so you're not looking for multiple key positions every year, and MAKE DARN SURE that they know how to pronounce the words Defensive Line without stuttering.

BeefStew25
11-29-2010, 11:32 PM
Mangini's balls are in Holgrmemsms FUPA. That is what we kinda need next year.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-29-2010, 11:34 PM
Fanhouse.com reputable?

Just got the following email from KOA 850

Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen tells AOL Fanhouse Monday night that he's not interested in making a coaching change this year or next and is sticking by Josh McDaniels. Tune to Newsradio 850 KOA for the latest.

robert ethan
11-29-2010, 11:37 PM
It sounds like Bowlen feels the same way as I do about Martindale. There is thinly veiled reference to the fact that Pat knows who the rat is and who the cancers are among the coaching staff. I'm confident it will be dealt with.

Lancane
11-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Just got the following email from KOA 850

Denver Broncos owner Pat Bowlen tells AOL Fanhouse Monday night that he's not interested in making a coaching change this year or next and is sticking by Josh McDaniels. Tune to Newsradio 850 KOA for the latest.

Even with that said, it's not enough to calm or placate the fans...at most, it may just enrage the majority, or even cause Bowlen to be as much a target of the ire as McDaniels.

Bosco
11-29-2010, 11:38 PM
Sad thing is that I would have agreed with you, till now. We really have no idea of his mindset at this time, if he is even coherent on the most mundane issues. Everything he's said over the last two or three years has ended up going the opposite way from what he stated. I don't even know if we can buy into what he says any longer, maybe count it as gospel truth...but, then again?

In the same piece, Bowlen called the rumors about his health "complete bullshit".

Bosco
11-29-2010, 11:40 PM
Even with that said, it's not enough to calm or placate the fans...at most, it may just enrage the majority, or even cause Bowlen to be as much a target of the ire as McDaniels.

I doubt Bowlen, or McDaniels for that matter, really care how the fans feel as long as the stadium gets sold out.

Lancane
11-29-2010, 11:43 PM
In the same piece, Bowlen called the rumors about his health "complete bullshit".

And much of what he's said over the past two years has been complete bullshit, so I say take it with a grain of salt.

JDL
11-29-2010, 11:47 PM

“Jim Goodman has his job, and he will have his job.”

Season ending press conference after Shanahan was fired.

GEM
11-29-2010, 11:48 PM
May the Lord have mercy on our souls.

Lancane
11-29-2010, 11:49 PM
I doubt Bowlen, or McDaniels for that matter, really care how the fans feel as long as the stadium gets sold out.

Complete conjecture, our opinions just differ on the matter, I believe that Bowlen does care, especially if he starts taking a fiscal loss, not only in regards to seats, but also merchandise. And if he does not, I'm sure the Board of Directors along with the others who own stock in the team would.

Northman
11-29-2010, 11:52 PM
May the Lord have mercy on our souls.

Yeeeeep. Im really starting to hate McDupe.

JDL
11-29-2010, 11:52 PM
Can I say I told ya so?

This is a smart move really. We need to have some stability here. Stay the course and see how it shakes out. That said, if McDaniels doesn't field a drastically better football team in 2011, I will have no issue with Bowlen pulling the plug on Josh. No more excuses after this year. He needs to win.

There has never been any stability under McD and that is a large part of the problem, he doesn't know how to create that. You think there won't be major changes again after this season? Nah... we are in for more wholesale changes and drama, that is quite clear.

Personally, it has somehow come to the point I would rejoice over a coach like Schotty or Reeves... someone respected in football circles who would get the most out of his players week in and week out... too often we aren't even competitive and I'm not sure how another year is going to show anything... the guys who are successful in the league pretty much always do so now within the first 2 years and I am at a loss to think of which coaches haven't... often with far worse rosters than the 8-8 team he took over.

Just saying, I don't foresee stability under McDaniels anytime soon... there just hasn't honestly been any to ever make one believe it will start in the midst of a sinking ship.

Bosco
11-29-2010, 11:54 PM
Complete conjecture, our opinions just differ on the matter, I believe that Bowlen does care, especially if he starts taking a fiscal loss, not only in regards to seats, but also merchandise. And if he does not, I'm sure the Board of Directors along with the others who own stock in the team would.

That's my point. Bowlen cares about winning, but that's personal for him. He isn't going to care how the fans feel as long as the stadium is getting filled or as you pointed out, merchandise is being bought.

This is a business and Bowlen wants to be the best and make money. That's all he cares about.

GEM
11-29-2010, 11:55 PM
That's my point. Bowlen cares about winning, but that's personal for him. He isn't going to care how the fans feel as long as the stadium is getting filled or as you pointed out, merchandise is being bought.

This is a business and Bowlen wants to be the best and make money. That's all he cares about.

Well, he's making money but his team isn't anywhere close to being the best.

Bosco
11-29-2010, 11:57 PM
There has never been any stability under McD and that is a large part of the problem, he doesn't know how to create that.

How so? The offensive and defensive schemes have been in tact for the full two years he has been here and for the coordinator and one position coach who left those positions were filled in house. The only place we went outside the organization was for running back coach.

Northman
11-29-2010, 11:58 PM

Yea, i was going to add that if McDupe doesnt start winning he wont be selling jack shit out. Its only a matter of time until the ticking bomb goes off and the fanbase lets him know about it.

UrbanBounca
11-30-2010, 12:00 AM
On Pardon The Interruption tonight, both Tony Kornheiser and Michael Wilbon agreed that McDaniels should be fired.

I agree with them.

Tned
11-30-2010, 12:01 AM
Pat Bowlen, via a statement Broncos issued, have reversed course a bit and says things will be reevaluated after final five games of this season.

"This has been a very trying and disappointing season for all of us," Bowlen said in a written statement. "We haven't had the success we had hoped to achieve. Josh McDaniels is the head coach of the Broncos, and you always strive for stability at that position. However, with five games left in the 2010 season, we will continue to monitor the progress of the team and evaluate what's in the best interest of this franchise."

Read more: Broncos' Bowlen waiting to see season results before making decision on McDaniels' future - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/ci_16738529#ixzz16jsRARme

Lancane
11-30-2010, 12:01 AM

Are we winning, do we look even close to being a winning team? And that could be personal, as you said. But, the merchandise is already taking a hit according to the quarter reports that have been reported thus far. Seats, that's different, it wouldn't be till next year if we really see any difference in that area. But don't claim to know Bowlen completely, cause I guarantee that if he is in the right state of mind, then he's shrewder then a fox. Let's not forget that the Board of Directors and those who own stock in the team could apply pressure to the situation as well.

Bosco
11-30-2010, 12:02 AM

That's a claim only one of the 32 teams can make each year, and Pat Bowlen...unlike Synder, Davis and Jones...obviously understands that changing coaches like underwear isn't going to get you to the top either.

Lancane
11-30-2010, 12:02 AM
Pat Bowlen, via a statement Broncos issued, have reversed course a bit and says things will be reevaluated after final five games of this season.

Got a link?

Northman
11-30-2010, 12:04 AM

Read more: Broncos' Bowlen waiting to see season results before making decision on McDaniels' future - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/ci_16738529#ixzz16jsRARme

Doesnt sound definite that he will be back to me. Guess it isnt set in stone afterall which isnt shocking. Shanahan got fired out of nowhere.

Lancane
11-30-2010, 12:06 AM
That's a claim only one of the 32 teams can make each year, and Pat Bowlen...unlike Synder, Davis and Jones...obviously understands that changing coaches like underwear isn't going to get you to the top either.

Yeah, because Reeves, Phillips and Shanahan all had records similar to McDaniels? Bosco, it's fine that you're backing this regime...but that's reaching. Because at no time during Bowlen's tenure as being the owner has he had a head coach who's coached a team with a worse record in a 21 game span.

UrbanBounca
11-30-2010, 12:08 AM
Doesnt sound definite that he will be back to me. Guess it isnt set in stone afterall which isnt shocking. Shanahan got fired out of nowhere.

*Shanny was also the HC for 13 years. I hope to God McD doesn't have the opportunity for another lousy draft.

UnderArmour
11-30-2010, 12:10 AM
*Shanny was also the HC for 13 years. I hope to God McD doesn't have the opportunity for another lousy draft.

Erm. If you think McD's drafts are bad, go look back at Shanny's.

nevcraw
11-30-2010, 12:11 AM

this soap opera get's more and more interesting..

Northman
11-30-2010, 12:12 AM

Indeed, and he was in the hot seat just like Josh is. However, Shanahan was never this bad.

gnomeflinger

Is the McDaniels McBandwagon like my 98 Windstar? The heater doesn't work. You'll stay warm if there's enough people in it, or set it on fire. Otherwise, it's a cold and lonely mode of transportation.

Lancane
Erm. If you think McD's drafts are bad, go look back at Shanny's.

No one can dispute that Armour, we all know that...but his last few drafts with Goodman ended up being quite promising. McDaniels first two, remind me more of Shanahan's first two, which is one thing we all wanted to change.

Northman
11-30-2010, 12:13 AM
No one can dispute that Armour, we all know that...but his last few drafts with Goodman ended up being quite promising. McDaniels first two, remind me more of Shanahan's first two, which is one thing we all wanted to change.

Yeeep. #19 who was playing great yesterday late in the game is one of Shanny's treasures.

sneakers
11-30-2010, 12:15 AM
Haters gonna hate.

By Thomas George

http://img593.imageshack.us/img593/4066/hatersgonnahate1.jpg

Tned
11-30-2010, 12:17 AM
Let's not forget that the Board of Directors and those who own stock in the team could apply pressure to the situation as well.

I was under the impression that the team was 100% (or close to it) owned by Bowlen and family members.

Bosco
11-30-2010, 12:23 AM
Yeah, because Reeves, Phillips and Shanahan all had records similar to McDaniels? Bosco, it's fine that you're backing this regime...but that's reaching. Because at no time during Bowlen's tenure as being the owner has he had a head coach who's coached a team with a worse record in a 21 game span.

It's not about me backing the coaching staff, it's about whether Bowlen does or doesn't. Bowlen has proven to be a very patient owner and that patience is going to get Josh a 3rd year to show what he can do. As I said earlier in the thread, if 2011 isn't a massive improvement I can all but promise you that Josh is done as our head coach.

Lancane
11-30-2010, 12:27 AM
I was under the impression that the team was 100% (or close to it) owned by Bowlen and family members.

Pat Bowlen, and his two siblings own 60.8% of the team. His brother, John sits on the Board of Directors. So together they own the controlling stock, Edgar Kaiser Jr. still owns a small percentage. That was one of the issues in regards to Elway buying 10% of the stock, because at any time that the Bowlen siblings try and sell the controlling percentage, then Kaiser has first rights to buy that stock back. However, Kaiser only ever owned the controlling percentage, so I'd have to dig and hard to find the owners of that other 39.2%.

Tned
11-30-2010, 12:27 AM
Yeeep. #19 who was playing great yesterday late in the game is one of Shanny's treasures.

And Clady, Harris, Doom not to mention Hillis, Marshall and Cutler.

Tned
11-30-2010, 12:30 AM
Pat Bowlen, and his two siblings own 60.8% of the team. His brother, John sits on the Board of Directors. So together they own the controlling stock, Edgar Kaiser Jr. still owns a major percentage. That was one of the issues in regards to Elway buying 10% of the stock, because at any time that the Bowlen siblings try and sell the controlling percentage, then Kaiser has first rights to buy that stock back.

I was thinking Kaiser owned a very small percentage. Didn't remember it was that high.

Lancane
11-30-2010, 12:35 AM
I was thinking Kaiser owned a very small percentage. Didn't remember it was that high.

It's not, I was typing faster then my brain was working...so I re-fixed my post. But, 39.2 percent of the team is owned by others, including by Kaiser.

Northman
11-30-2010, 12:44 AM
Haters gonna hate.

By Thomas George

Oooops.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199006

Cugel
11-30-2010, 01:28 AM
Originally Posted by Bosco View Post

There are a number of things that he cares about:

1. Selling tickets, especially those corporate suites. If you think it's tough selling tickets to Broncomaniacs, try selling corporate bean-counters on the idea that luxury box seats are a good idea next season.

So, indirectly, he DOES "care how the fans feel." He used to be a BIG MAN in this town, everybody slapped him on the back and now he's going to be reviled in the media as an idiot and a loser? Not fun. Losing lots of money is even less fun.

2. He doesn't want to see the share price of his investment go down by 10% because the franchise is in the toilet. IF that happens, McDaniels just cost him $100 million! (The Broncos are worth over $1 billion according to Forbes).

3. He cares about losing face with all the other owners who used to congratulate him on how well run his franchise was, and now he has to listen to them commiserate with him to his face and laugh about him behind his back. It undermines his power and prestige with the other billionaires. And what other reason is there really to keep the team? The power and influence and prestige. Because he sure doesn't need the money.

If it was you or me, we'd sell the team to a younger owner, buy our own island somewhere in the Caribbean and go live in a luxury beach bungalo with an exclusive staff of luscious drool-nurses and NFL Sunday ticket on the Dish TV. But, not Pat!

Pat has quietly built himself into a power in the NFL. He doesn't want to lose that influence.

Replacing the Lions and Browns as the NFL's worst run franchise is no way to maintain power and influence!

atwater27
11-30-2010, 01:51 AM
That depends, do you not know anything about football or are you a Raiders fan?

We don't have John Elway anymore. We don't have a talented roster on both sides of the ball that can be turned around in a heartbeat like the Cowboys and the Vikings do. We didn't have it when Shanahan was fired and we don't have it now. Our defense is not as bad as it was 2 years ago but it is still bad and it still needs to be fixed. We need playmakers in the trenches and we need Elvis back healthy. If we change defensive schemes again, we'll need more than just that. We have problems right now on the roster but the holes can be filled in and the talent can be added to make us competitive and push is over in these close games we have been losing this year.

If you think firing McDaniels, who has the players buying into his message, and hiring someone else and putting in a new system will make Denver a winner again you are sadly mistaken. This is not a Childress situation where guys just stopped playing for him because he's an ******* nor is it a Phillips situation where he lost control over the team; the 2010 Broncos season is one where we started with injuries, momentum worked against us, and calls just didn't go our way. Coaching problems and giving up? Are we watching the same games this year? No way McDaniels deserves to be fired for this year.

You know as well as I that the roster didn't have to be ripped apart and we didn't have to go into rebuilding mode. That's what Josh did. And you want that kind of incompetence for years, huh?

Cugel
11-30-2010, 02:53 AM
the 2010 Broncos season is one where we started with injuries, momentum worked against us, and calls just didn't go our way. Coaching problems and giving up? Are we watching the same games this year? No way McDaniels deserves to be fired for this year.

Everyone around the league is saying that the Broncos suck because they don't have very much talent on either side of the ball. That's the result of BAD PLAYER PERSONNEL DECISIONS. Nobody much thinks it's just bad luck or because McDaniels is getting outcoached. (He might be getting outcoached, but not by THAT kind of margin)!

Bad trades, bad draft day decisions. NOT injuries. Injuries happen to every team. Injuries and "bad luck" is just a bunch of excuses.

That might explain why a playoff caliber team finished 8-8, but "bad luck" sure as hell doesn't explain 3-13 or 4-12.

Nothing but MASSIVE and TOTAL INCOMPETENCE explains 3-13. :coffee:

UrbanBounca
11-30-2010, 03:09 AM
The truth is, good teams find ways to win, injuries or not. McD just doesn't have what it takes. That 6-0 start last year was nothing short of beginners luck. That's right, beginners luck.

I'll be honest, I don't see us winning another game this season. How hard is it to swallow that pill?

I want McD GONE. I've never felt this way with anyone involved in a sport.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

PAINTERDAVE
11-30-2010, 03:13 AM
Broncos' Bowlen waiting to see season results before making decision on McDaniels' future
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post

Posted: 11/29/2010 09:49:42 PM MST
Updated: 11/29/2010 10:15:34 PM MST

Broncos owner Pat Bowlen: "This has been a very trying and disappointing season for all of us." With his coach Josh McDaniels embroiled in a video controversy and his team enduring one of the worst seasons in his 27 seasons as Broncos owner, Pat Bowlen decided to end his silence tonight.

Bowlen said he would wait until after this season is completed before making a decision on McDaniels' future.

"This has been a very trying and disappointing season for all of us," Bowlen said in a written statement. "We haven't had the success we had hoped to achieve. Josh McDaniels is the head coach of the Broncos, and you always strive for stability at that position. However, with five games left in the 2010 season, we will continue to monitor the progress of the team and evaluate what's in the best interest of this franchise."

Read more: Broncos' Bowlen waiting to see season results before making decision on McDaniels' future - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/ci_16738529#ixzz16jx6YgMh

Probably not a good sign if you're Josh McDaniels that Bowlen felt the need to essentially rescind his vote of confidence two hours after the Fanhouse interview came out.

Tned
11-30-2010, 08:06 AM
If it was you or me, we'd sell the team to a younger owner, buy our own island somewhere in the Caribbean and go live in a luxury beach bungalo with an exclusive staff of luscious drool-nurses and NFL Sunday ticket on the Dish TV. But, not Pat!

Really, guys like us, that spend countless hours on message boards and with friends talking about Broncos football would sell the team and move to a third world country vs. running the team? I highly doubt that. Guys like Bowlen do this because it's their passion, just like we would.

Replacing the Lions and Browns as the NFL's worst run franchise is no way to maintain power and influence!

The Lions/Browns comparisons at this point is crazy talk. If you want to make comparisons, go wtih the Cowboys going 1-15 in the late '80s or having five straight 5 win seasons in the early 2000's. Or, the Packers having 4 and 6 win seasons in the past decade. Or, any other of the MANY examples of teams that traditionally are VERY competitive, but who have had bad runs.

Nearly ever team in the NFL, except for Pitt and Denver if you use 4 wins as the threshold, have cyclical bad stretches. For the first time in Bowlen's era and beyond, we are having one. The only question is will it be like the Cowboys and Packers and last for 1-3 seasons, or will it be like the Niners or Bears, and last for longer.

To compare the Broncos, after a horrible 21 game stretch, to the Lions, Browns and other teams that have routinely drafted in the top 10, is just ridiculous.

Dzone
11-30-2010, 10:15 AM
when was Shannahan fired? Wasnt it on like January 2?

Dzone
11-30-2010, 10:19 AM
The truth is, good teams find ways to win, injuries or not. McD just doesn't have what it takes. That 6-0 start last year was nothing short of beginners luck. That's right, beginners luck.

I'll be honest, I don't see us winning another game this season. How hard is it to swallow that pill?

I want McD GONE. I've never felt this way with anyone involved in a sport.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums
I agree with that. Mcd must be fired!!!!!
They had better beat Arizona, who look to be the worst team in football right now. a 3-13 season should get any coach fired.

I Eat Staples
11-30-2010, 01:41 PM
I don't feel like going back and quoting posts, but I'll just say this:

I apologize for attacking anyone in this thread, but it's beyond frustrating to see fellow fans defend the man that has destroyed the sports franchise I love more than any other. You can say "difference of opinion" all you want, but I honestly don't think that applies here. I was against McD ever since he was hired because he did things to make me strongly believe he'd be a terrible coach. That is an opinion. Some fans felt he'd be successful, others like me felt he'd fail. That was an opinion that was discussed over and over.

At this point, I don't see how McDaniels being a good or bad coach can be called an opinion. It's to the point where the smart thing for McD supporters to do would just be to admit they were wrong. Continuing to argue that McD is a good coach would be like arguing that one day cats will overthrow humans and take over the world. I can't physically prove that cats will never take over the world, but anyone who believes they will obviously has a distorted view of reality. So hiding behind "difference of opinion" in the case of McDaniels is foolish.

Tned
11-30-2010, 01:44 PM
I don't feel like going back and quoting posts, but I'll just say this:

I apologize for attacking anyone in this thread, but it's beyond frustrating to see fellow fans defend the man that has destroyed the sports franchise I love more than any other. You can say "difference of opinion" all you want, but I honestly don't think that applies here. I was against McD ever since he was hired because he did things to make me strongly believe he'd be a terrible coach. That is an opinion. Some fans felt he'd be successful, others like me felt he'd fail. That was an opinion that was discussed over and over.

At this point, I don't see how McDaniels being a good or bad coach can be called an opinion. It's to the point where the smart thing for McD supporters to do would just be to admit they were wrong. Continuing to argue that McD is a good coach would be like arguing that one day cats will overthrow humans and take over the world. I can't physically prove that cats will never take over the world, but anyone who believes they will obviously has a distorted view of reality. So hiding behind "difference of opinion" in the case of McDaniels is foolish.

Yes, it is purely difference of opinion.

I have been somone routinely labled a McDaniels hater, but I am not on the Fire McDaniels bandwagon. That bandwagon is driving by emotion, and I expect Bowlen and Ellis to make fact, and to a degree gut, based decisions.

Northman
11-30-2010, 01:46 PM

I have been somone routinely labled a McDaniels hater, but I am not on the Fire McDaniels bandwagon. That bandwagon is driving by emotion, and I expect Bowlen and Ellis to make fact, and to a degree gut, based decisions.

I expect them to do the right thing, neuter McD. :D

I Eat Staples
11-30-2010, 01:48 PM

Well, I don't know what else to say besides my analogy in my previous post. Lots of things can be considered opinions, but the factual evidence would support McDaniels being a failure.

BroncoNut
11-30-2010, 02:09 PM
I can see this being a real mess for a long time to come. I don't think McDaniels will be fired at the end of this season or next, and I don't think he's going to turn it around if he is as stubborn/arrogant as has been suggested.

Softskull
11-30-2010, 03:36 PM
I have been somone routinely labled a McDaniels hater, but I am not on the Fire McDaniels bandwagon.

Come on you fence straddler. Pick a side already! :shocked:

G_Money
11-30-2010, 03:50 PM
Arguments for McDaniels being a good:

- coordinator: I can see positives here. His passing attack is great and he's turned Orton from a nobody into a passing monster. He's resurrected Lloyd. But the absolute abomination of a running game is on him too, as well as his abandoning of it even when it's working. Still, on the balance, I could see this as a check in the "good" column.

- talent evaluator: Again, I can see positives. He found Lloyd and Gaffney and Orton to make his offense move the chains. But he threw away Hillis, drafted and then canned Phonz, picked up a blocking TE with a 2nd round pick, didn't believe in Orton to the point that he drafted a 1st round QB, et al. Can't call this "good" at this point.

- leader: absolute fail. Players who disagree are canned, as are coaches. Remaining coaches are berated, then dragged into the owner's office for more berating, and now leaks are springing up around the building because he "treats people like shit." Complete failure as a leader of men.

- GM: different than talent evaluation. Fail here too as those who have left have found success, and those who are here haven't. The coaches that have left have had success, and the ones who have stayed haven't. The trading of draftpicks and the way we implemented draft STRATEGY have failed us on the defensive side and haven't made us any better in 2 years on the offensive side than we already were.

I can see saying, "Hey, he really CAN run an offense if we had a more veteran line," but it was his choice as GM to go with a rookie center and rookie guard, then not to use his RT whether he was injured or healthy, plus the vets he did add were atrocious. I can't credit him for running a great passing attack and lay the blame for the blocking and running attack at someone else's feet, since it all falls at his feet.

I can't say, "Hey, if we had a decent defense we'd probably have a winning record" since he ran a very good defensive coordinator out of town for doing his job.

Josh is a fine coordinator. He'll get another job doing it. But all the rest is a fail, so for as long as he is performing those duties here, it will also be a fail.

And the reason I can't get behind BDB's idea that we just get a new GM to take over most of those duties is because the one MAIN duty that he has is to be a leader. He could get an offensive coordinator. Haley has, and it's worked wonders.

But Josh's strength is in his passing attack, not his ability to motivate and inspire those around him. Unless I can bust him down to OC, I don't want him here. Leadership may be something you grow into, but every demonstrated leadership test he has undergone he's failed. Miserably.

And without the ability to lead I see no purpose in him being designated our Head Coach, regardless of his passing-game acumen.

~G

KCL
11-30-2010, 04:19 PM
HELL YEAH! McDaniels to return in 2011

:elefant:

:beer:

:salute:

I Eat Staples
11-30-2010, 04:20 PM
HELL YEAH! McDaniels to return in 2011

:elefant:

:beer:

:salute:

You're the only person in this thread that has a reason to be happy if that's the case.

KCL
11-30-2010, 04:24 PM
You're the only person in this thread that has a reason to be happy if that's the case.

You weren't around here (I don't think) when people were happy that CP was still on as GM of the Chiefs...I was just thinking back to that when I read the title of the thread...and you stand corrected some people that post here are happy.
Actually it doesn't make any difference to me who coaches the Broncos.

I Eat Staples
11-30-2010, 04:26 PM
You weren't around here (I don't think) when people were happy that CP was still on as GM of the Chiefs...I was just thinking back to that when I read the title of the thread...and you stand corrected some people that post here are happy.
Actually it doesn't make any difference to me who coaches the Broncos.

I know, I said you're the only person who has a reason to be happy. There's not one good reason a Broncos fan should want this clown to be our coach.

KCL
11-30-2010, 04:27 PM
I know, I said you're the only person who has a reason to be happy. There's not one good reason a Broncos fan should want this clown to be our coach.

ah okay....I get it...:D

Jake Klug
11-30-2010, 04:30 PM
I agree with that. Mcd must be fired!!!!!
They had better beat Arizona, who look to be the worst team in football right now. a 3-13 season should get any coach fired.

I dont see people who have been complaining about being mediocre under Shanahan can get off saying they hope to win meaningless games.

gnomeflinger
11-30-2010, 04:33 PM
G Money, I am so glad you're posting again.

CrazyHorse
11-30-2010, 04:46 PM
"I'm very happy with Josh. Josh is doing a good job. I wish he had a few more wins, but we've got five games to go. I've got 27 years in this business. The ball bounces funny and it doesn't always bounce your way. We've had bad breaks, injuries. I've been around football long enough to know this happens and it's a part of the game. We've still got a chance to make the playoffs. People have been in a position like ours and it's been done before.''
U7fjDS0jKiE

BigDaddyBronco
11-30-2010, 04:50 PM
Arguments for McDaniels being a good:

- coordinator: I can see positives here. His passing attack is great and he's turned Orton from a nobody into a passing monster. He's resurrected Lloyd. But the absolute abomination of a running game is on him too, as well as his abandoning of it even when it's working. Still, on the balance, I could see this as a check in the "good" column.

- talent evaluator: Again, I can see positives. He found Lloyd and Gaffney and Orton to make his offense move the chains. But he threw away Hillis, drafted and then canned Phonz, picked up a blocking TE with a 2nd round pick, didn't believe in Orton to the point that he drafted a 1st round QB, et al. Can't call this "good" at this point.

- leader: absolute fail. Players who disagree are canned, as are coaches. Remaining coaches are berated, then dragged into the owner's office for more berating, and now leaks are springing up around the building because he "treats people like shit." Complete failure as a leader of men.

- GM: different than talent evaluation. Fail here too as those who have left have found success, and those who are here haven't. The coaches that have left have had success, and the ones who have stayed haven't. The trading of draftpicks and the way we implemented draft STRATEGY have failed us on the defensive side and haven't made us any better in 2 years on the offensive side than we already were.

I can see saying, "Hey, he really CAN run an offense if we had a more veteran line," but it was his choice as GM to go with a rookie center and rookie guard, then not to use his RT whether he was injured or healthy, plus the vets he did add were atrocious. I can't credit him for running a great passing attack and lay the blame for the blocking and running attack at someone else's feet, since it all falls at his feet.

I can't say, "Hey, if we had a decent defense we'd probably have a winning record" since he ran a very good defensive coordinator out of town for doing his job.

Josh is a fine coordinator. He'll get another job doing it. But all the rest is a fail, so for as long as he is performing those duties here, it will also be a fail.

And the reason I can't get behind BDB's idea that we just get a new GM to take over most of those duties is because the one MAIN duty that he has is to be a leader. He could get an offensive coordinator. Haley has, and it's worked wonders.

But Josh's strength is in his passing attack, not his ability to motivate and inspire those around him. Unless I can bust him down to OC, I don't want him here. Leadership may be something you grow into, but every demonstrated leadership test he has undergone he's failed. Miserably.

And without the ability to lead I see no purpose in him being designated our Head Coach, regardless of his passing-game acumen.

~G

I understand where you are coming from, I just don't want to jump to a bunch of conclusions that he is a terrible leader and has all of his coaches revolting under him, etc. I might be able to make that jump if there were players saying things about him or see him chewing out coaches on the sideline, but I haven't seen any of this, there have just been reports on blogs or from PFT that have said these things.

I figure if he is a terrible leader and there is revolt he will be gone by the end of the year and they can start over. Unless Bowlen is only in it for the money he would not tolerate having a completely dysfunctional coaching staff. Or he might be delusional and Ellis might not give a shit unless it hurts the bottom line.

Jake Klug
11-30-2010, 04:55 PM
I understand where you are coming from, I just don't want to jump to a bunch of conclusions that he is a terrible leader and has all of his coaches revolting under him, etc. I might be able to make that jump if there were players saying things about him or see him chewing out coaches on the sideline, but I haven't seen any of this, there have just been reports on blogs or from PFT that have said these things.

I figure if he is a terrible leader and there is revolt he will be gone by the end of the year and they can start over. Unless Bowlen is only in it for the money he would not tolerate having a completely dysfunctional coaching staff. Or he might be delusional and Ellis might not give a shit unless it hurts the bottom line.

This is subject to debate.

BigDaddyBronco
11-30-2010, 04:58 PM
This is subject to debate.
Sure it is. Time will tell. It's pretty strange when in the same day he says "McD is my coach in 2011" and then "we'll evaluate things at the end of the season". Um ok.

Jake Klug
11-30-2010, 04:59 PM
Sure it is. Time will tell. It's pretty strange when in the same day he says "McD is my coach in 2011" and then "we'll evaluate things at the end of the season". Um ok.

Yeah, its like someone told him that fans are more likely to keep coming if he strings them along. Of course, this kind of suggests they think the fans are stupid but its their best hand to play when Pat loves him some Patriots.

Tned
11-30-2010, 05:06 PM
Come on you fence straddler. Pick a side already! :shocked:

my response is not to you but to Gem's HI-FIVE :mad: of your post.

McD screwed up. He shouldn't have traded Cutler. He shouldn't have traded Marshall. He should have played Hillis last year, which means he would't have traded him this year. He shouldn't have traded a first round pick to pick a short/slow corner in the 2nd round.

He ****** up the roster, because his immaturity as a head coach didn't allow him to know how to deal with high strung, immature stars (still not sure WTF happened with Hillis -- maybe the wife story is true).

So, while he ****** up the roster big time, and his player moves (including putting Marshall on the scout team running as punt gunner and safety, which preceded the punting incident) were amateurish at best, the fact is he is a smart football guy and has also shown signs that he could be a VERY good coach eventually.

The question that Mr. Bowlen and Ellis have to decide is how soon 'eventually' will be. We don't want another team benefiting from the mistakes he's made on the Broncos, if he's through the worst of his learning curve.

Ok, now I'll see if I can have the splinters removed from straddling the fence...

GEM
11-30-2010, 05:09 PM

McD screwed up. He shouldn't have traded Cutler. He shouldn't have traded Marshall. He should have played Hillis last year, which means he would't have traded him this year. He shouldn't have traded a first round pick to pick a short/slow corner in the 2nd round.

He ****** up the roster, because his immaturity as a head coach didn't allow him to know how to deal with high strung, immature stars (still not sure WTF happened with Hillis -- maybe the wife story is true).

So, while he ****** up the roster big time, and his player moves (including putting Marshall on the scout team running as punt gunner and safety, which preceded the punting incident) were amateurish at best, the fact is he is a smart football guy and has also shown signs that he could be a VERY good coach eventually.

The question that Mr. Bowlen and Ellis have to decide is how soon 'eventually' will be. We don't want another team benefiting from the mistakes he's made on the Broncos, if he's through the worst of his learning curve.

Ok, now I'll see if I can have the splinters removed from straddling the fence...

:lol: I high 5'd it for the comical tone to it. SHEESH! :lol: I will high 5 posts more often in order to get that kind of response. :rockon:

BTW....I agree completely (including the asterisked words) with everything you said there. :clap: :D Except for the part about him being a very good coach someday. :D

Nomad
11-30-2010, 05:22 PM
McDaniels made it to #1....on the hot seat list!!:D

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/30/the-week-12-hot-seat-barometer/

Tned
11-30-2010, 05:49 PM
:lol: I high 5'd it for the comical tone to it. SHEESH! :lol: I will high 5 posts more often in order to get that kind of response. :rockon:

BTW....I agree completely (including the asterisked words) with everything you said there. :clap: :D Except for the part about him being a very good coach someday. :D

I just needed to rant a bit, because I'm struggling with this new McDaniel's lover/defender label I've been stuck with.

Who would have thought the you guys would think of me as a McD lover. :lol:

GEM
11-30-2010, 06:03 PM
I just needed to rant a bit, because I'm struggling with this new McDaniel's lover/defender label I've been stuck with.

Who would have thought the you guys would think of me as a McD lover. :lol:

:lol: Tis ok....rant away. I think you just don't like to go with the flow. When people were protecting Josh, you were after him for personnel moves, now that some have changed sides, you are protecting him from the fire McD bandwagon. You like to debate and to go with the crowd is boring and isn't cause for good debate. :lol:

Tned
11-30-2010, 06:35 PM
:lol: Tis ok....rant away. I think you just don't like to go with the flow. When people were protecting Josh, you were after him for personnel moves, now that some have changed sides, you are protecting him from the fire McD bandwagon. You like to debate and to go with the crowd is boring and isn't cause for good debate. :lol:

Speaking of Hillis.... :twitch:

claymore
11-30-2010, 06:51 PM

So, while he ****** up the roster big time, and his player moves (including putting Marshall on the scout team running as punt gunner and safety, which preceded the punting incident) were amateurish at best, the fact is he is a smart football guy and has also shown signs that he could be a VERY good coach eventually.The question that Mr. Bowlen and Ellis have to decide is how soon 'eventually' will be. We don't want another team benefiting from the mistakes he's made on the Broncos, if he's through the worst of his learning curve.

I dont think he is that smart of a football guy. I think he would be a Jr OC at best anywhere else.

He has no balance in anything he does. Its one extreme to the next.

You cant be at the top of your game in anything other than alcoholisim doing it that way.

Tned
11-30-2010, 07:04 PM
I dont think he is that smart of a football guy. I think he would be a Jr OC at best anywhere else.

He has no balance in anything he does. Its one extreme to the next.

You cant be at the top of your game in anything other than alcoholisim doing it that way.

Jr never claimed to be an OC, he said he was an OLG (linemen).

claymore
11-30-2010, 07:14 PM
Jr never claimed to be an OC, he said he was an OLG (linemen).

Im tired and think you are screwing with me. JRWIZ is an offensive genius though. :D