PDA

View Full Version : Who Is The Rat?

robert ethan
11-29-2010, 05:39 PM
Someone on the coaching staff has been slipping the knife into Josh McDaniels back. First in taking the incident with Scarnacchia to Bronco ownership, then in revealing private conversation regarding the event to the media to further discredit Josh.

My feeling is that it is Martindale, who has been around awhile and may still have ties to "THE RAT" dynasty that previously existed. The fact that he is fat, surly, and unkempt, on a dead end career, and his defense has been a joke all season reinforce that feeling. I think that Martindale knows he is done if McDaniels remains the head coach and is trying to do all he can to see that doesn't happen.

Northman
11-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Word is Jay Cutler placed a call.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 05:56 PM
Who has the most to gain? Wink? Nope, he's fired as soon as McDaniels is gone. Josh's brother? Nope, same situation. I have a feeling that few of our current coaches have much hope for finding future employment with how this season is going.

How about Mike McCoy? He came from an honorable staff in Carolina who lost to those same cheating-assed Patriots in the Superbowl. I doubt he was very happy when he heard the news about the tape. Especially when he found out McDaniels was just going to cover it up. He's our offensive coordinator that doesn't have anything to do. McDaniels runs every aspect of his job and is given all the credit for the offense when it does well. I'd imagine that his job satisfaction is probably pretty low and realizes that McDaniels is probably ruining his chances for future employment as a potential head coach.

Mike McCoy would be the logical choice for me. Mike McCoy in the library with the candlestick...;)

Lancane
11-29-2010, 05:57 PM
I actually think it's either Ed Donatell or Keith Burns, both have strong ties to the organization and are on friendly footing with Pat Bowlen.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 05:58 PM
I actually think it's either Ed Donatell or Keith Burns, both have strong ties to the organization and are on friendly footing with Pat Bowlen.

I could buy that, too.

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 05:59 PM
Someone on the coaching staff has been slipping the knife into Josh McDaniels back. First in taking the incident with Scarnacchia to Bronco ownership, then in revealing private conversation regarding the event to the media to further discredit Josh.

My feeling is that it is Martindale, who has been around awhile and may still have ties to "THE RAT" dynasty that previously existed. The fact that he is fat, surly, and unkempt, on a dead end career, and his defense has been a joke all season reinforce that feeling. I think that Martindale knows he is done if McDaniels remains the head coach and is trying to do all he can to see that doesn't happen.

And who provided personnel for Martindale to run the defense? McDaniels did him no favors givining him bunch player who are long in the tooth to say the least.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 05:59 PM
BTW, I prefer the term "mole" to "rat"...;)

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 06:01 PM
And who provided personnel for Martindale to run the defense? McDaniels did him no favors givining him bunch player who are long in the tooth to say the least.

But, he's also the only coach stupid enough to give Wink the opportunity to actually be a DC somewhere. Don't bite the only hand that feeds...

nevcraw
11-29-2010, 06:02 PM
Ben Mcdaniels

Is tired of Big Bro making him play catch with Brady Quinn.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 06:03 PM
Ben Mcdaniels

:lol:

claymore

I would call him a hero. A freedom fighter!

frauschieze

Ridiculous! Cutler doesn't know how to answer phone calls. Why on Earth would you believe he could make them?

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 06:04 PM
But, he's also the only coach stupid enough to give Wink the opportunity to actually be a DC somewhere. Don't bite the only hand that feeds...

I think Martindale would do just fine if McDaniels would provide him with players that are not on the backside of their careers.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 06:08 PM
I would call him a hero. A freedom fighter!

In that case... It was ME!

I wish...

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 06:10 PM
I think Martindale would do just fine if McDaniels would provide him with players that are not on the backside of their careers.

I don't. I think Wink is just another ass-kissing yes man and McDaniels calls the defenses, too. That's what he wanted when he got rid of Mike Nolan. He promoted a guy from within and voila! I really think that's why Wink coaches from the sidelines instead of the booth, too. So McDaniels can talk directly to him and look over his shoulder.

jhildebrand
11-29-2010, 06:11 PM
Let me get this straight....

A guy who has never been given the opportunity to be a DC in this league despite being here for 20+ years is ratting out the one guy who gave him that opportunity? :confused:

I doubt it!

claymore
11-29-2010, 06:11 PM
In that case... It was ME!

I wish...

If it went down like McD said it did, then no one would have known. There is more to the story. Hopefully whoever this masked savior is, we owe him.

frauschieze
11-29-2010, 06:14 PM
It could easily be two different people. I lean towards one of the many other camera crew being rat number one. And a coach who was disgusted by Spygate II being rat number two.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 06:16 PM
It could easily be two different people. I lean towards one of the many other camera crew being rat number one. And a coach who was disgusted by Spygate II being rat number two.

I'm pretty sure it was. Supposedly, someone from the league brought the taping to Bowlen's attention because the 49ers said something about it. It had to be a coach that leaked the other story to Glazer.

Northman
11-29-2010, 06:17 PM
Ridiculous! Cutler doesn't know how to answer phone calls. Why on Earth would you believe he could make them?

He knew how to call his agent to get a ticket out of town.

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 06:17 PM

It was Shanahan.

turftoad
11-29-2010, 06:18 PM
If it went down like McD said it did, then no one would have known. There is more to the story. Hopefully whoever this masked savior is, we owe him.

I agree Clay. Whomever it is, I hope he keeps it up. :beer:

Lancane
11-29-2010, 06:18 PM
It was John Elway in cahoots with Jon Gruden!

'Elway then buys controlling stock of the team at discount, and names Gruden the head coach!'

:D

claymore
11-29-2010, 06:19 PM
If it was Cutler who called... He didnt call Bowlen cause we would have never heard about it.

claymore
11-29-2010, 06:20 PM

'Elway then buys controlling stock of the team at discount, and names Gruden the head coach!'

Now I have something to make love to myself about tonight.

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 06:24 PM
Now I have something to make love to myself about tonight.

Call 1-800 InFlate-A-Mate then you and rosie palm don't have to be alone anymore. :lol:

GEM
11-29-2010, 06:25 PM

So you vehemently stick up for McDaniels who hasn't done SHIT for this team and call Shanahan a rat? :confused:

Then you talk about someone ratting someone out while attacking them for their physical appearance.

Take a moment to reread your own post and get back to me on just how utterly ridiculous it was.

claymore
11-29-2010, 06:27 PM
So you vehemently stick up for McDaniels who hasn't done SHIT for this team and call Shanahan a rat? :confused:

Then you talk about someone ratting someone out while attacking them for their physical appearance.

Take a moment to reread your own post and get back to me on just how utterly ridiculous it was.

Gem, there are only a handful of real gentleman posters left on the internet.

GEM
11-29-2010, 06:30 PM

Your socks aside, you are the best of the best of the internet gentlemen, Clay!

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 06:31 PM

Are you calling GEM a gentleman? If you are then I hope 1-800-Inflate-A-Mate is busy when you call. :tsk:

spikerman
11-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Call 1-800 InFlate-A-Mate then you and rosie palm don't have to be alone anymore. :lol:

Tx, I sincerely hope you had to look that number up and don't have it memorized.

BigDaddyBronco
11-29-2010, 06:32 PM

Nice. :tsk:

claymore
11-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Are you calling GEM a gentleman? If you are then I hope 1-800-Inflate-A-Mate is busy when you call. :tsk:

Gems Gotta crotch weasel not a trouser snake. Im pretty confident on that.

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 06:34 PM
Tx, I sincerely hope you had to look that number up and don't have it memorized.

:lol: Yes I had to look it up. FTR I am happily married to a great gal.

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 06:36 PM

Well in that case good luck. :salute:

BigDaddyBronco
11-29-2010, 06:36 PM

She does like talking about women's asses however.

claymore
11-29-2010, 06:38 PM

Who doesnt. Except Buff?

BigDaddyBronco
11-29-2010, 06:42 PM
Who doesnt. Except Buff?
That reminds me. I wonder if Buff knocked one out with that Jewish yoga instructor? She was very flexible in her picture.

claymore
11-29-2010, 06:43 PM
That reminds me. I wonder if Buff knocked one out with that Jewish yoga instructor? She was very flexible in her picture.

If Buff gets to do a jew before me Im going to be so pissed off.

GEM
11-29-2010, 06:45 PM
Nice. :tsk:

BBD...you are a gentleman that I have had the pleasure of sharing seats at a stripper stage with. You aren't defined as an internet gentleman...you are truly a gentleman who has nice taste in boobs. :D

BigDaddyBronco
11-29-2010, 06:45 PM
If Buff gets to do a jew before me Im going to be so pissed off.
He was going to meet her again last week I think.

underrated29
11-29-2010, 06:46 PM
was it a coach or a player?

If it was a player I would bet its champ. If its a coach. I do not know. I do not even know what coaches we have anymore. How about the ST coach...Thats my guess, since he got his butt chewed on many occasions.

GEM
11-29-2010, 06:46 PM

If they are nice, they are worth mentioning. ;) I like to look, just not so much into touch. Sheesh!

claymore
11-29-2010, 06:47 PM
He was going to meet her again last week I think.
I love Buff, but the hippie in that young man is to damn strong. He needs to pay more taxes I think.

BigDaddyBronco
11-29-2010, 06:49 PM
I love Buff, but the hippie in that young man is to damn strong. He needs to pay more taxes I think.

Or own a business.

BigDaddyBronco
11-29-2010, 06:50 PM
If they are nice, they are worth mentioning. ;) I like to look, just not so much into touch. Sheesh!

i'm sure we could work something out. ;)

topscribe
11-29-2010, 07:21 PM

You're kidding! Do gentlemen fart a lot?

-----

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 07:24 PM

How did you get a hold of my Christmas list? I hadn't even written it down yet...

Are you Santa?

scott.475
11-29-2010, 07:31 PM
So, the guy who probably saved us from losing a draft pick is a rat now?

KCL
11-29-2010, 07:47 PM

I don't know if it's been posted but rumor has it...it was Clay More.

KCL
11-29-2010, 07:52 PM

OM..LMAO...

Come to think of it...it could have been Todd Haley..KCStar has a write up on
Haley and what he thinks about this..:shocked:

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1561

jhildebrand
11-29-2010, 08:01 PM
OM..LMAO...

Come to think of it...it could have been Todd Haley..KCStar has a write up on
Haley and what he thinks about this..:shocked:

http://chiefsblog.kansascity.com/?q=node/1561

Haley's quotes interpreted: Look, motherf'er. I aint talking anymore! We'll let our play do the talking this sunday! We're gonna leave it all out on the field.

This is gonna be UGLY. Like NFL single game rushing record ugly! :eek:

Dzone
11-29-2010, 08:05 PM
As arrogant, rude and condescending as Mcdaniels is toward subordinates, it could be anyone that he pissed off. There are probably a lot of people on that staff who cant stand him.

dogfish
11-29-2010, 08:07 PM
it's tebow-- he hates cheating like a preacher hates sin!

KCL
11-29-2010, 08:16 PM
Haley's quotes interpreted: Look, motherf'er. I aint talking anymore! We'll let our play do the talking this sunday! We're gonna leave it all out on the field.

This is gonna be UGLY. Like NFL single game rushing record ugly! :eek:

He calls Sunday's game...our biggest game of the year...Really? WTF?
I think he was saying that so the morons wouldn't keep asking the
question over and over.

jhildebrand
11-29-2010, 08:37 PM
He calls Sunday's game...our biggest game of the year...Really? WTF?
I think he was saying that so the morons wouldn't keep asking the
question over and over.

It may very wel be the biggest game for KC.

robert ethan
11-29-2010, 08:39 PM
Let me get this straight....

A guy who has never been given the opportunity to be a DC in this league despite being here for 20+ years is ratting out the one guy who gave him that opportunity? :confused:

I doubt it!

Pretty sure that Martindale was under consideration for the Raiders head coaching job the last time it came up. He may think his only chance now is to become an interim head coach, since he has failed so miserably as a DC.

claymore
11-29-2010, 08:44 PM
Guys there is alot of good ideas in this thread. Except for RObert Ethans.

robert ethan
11-29-2010, 08:44 PM

A rat that is blind, burrows underground, and ruins your vegetable patch, is still a rat.:mad:

jhildebrand
11-29-2010, 08:47 PM
Pretty sure that Martindale was under consideration for the Raiders head coaching job the last time it came up. He may think his only chance now is to become an interim head coach, since he has failed so miserably as a DC.

Did he get it? What was the highest position HELD by our beloved game show host?

My point stands! Wink was given his biggest title in the NFL by McDaniels. This is a league where people stick together. Don't believe me, look to see where one Jim Bates is coaching this season!

robert ethan
11-29-2010, 08:56 PM
Well, whoever it is, they have to have a considerable stake in the matter. Ratting out on people to ruin their careers and subject them to fines and ridicule isn't something you do lightly. OR something you do out of high moral consideration. It was definitely a deliberate attempt to get Josh fired, and "too bad about that other guy, what's his name, the Italian video guy...?". Loses his job, probably his career, AND is fined 50 large. In most industries you'd have to go postal with an AK47 at the company party, to end up being slammed that hard.

Krugan
11-29-2010, 08:59 PM
Who cares really.

The frigging guy with the itchy record finger, it wasnt his first rodeo.

Ignorance is not an exscuse.

spikerman
11-29-2010, 09:01 PM
Well, whoever it is, they have to have a considerable stake in the matter. Ratting out on people to ruin their careers and subject them to fines and ridicule isn't something you do lightly. OR something you do out of high moral consideration. It was definitely a deliberate attempt to get Josh fired, and "too bad about that other guy, what's his name, the Italian video guy...?". Loses his job, probably his career, AND is fined 50 large. In most industries you'd have to go postal with an AK47 at the company party, to end up being slammed that hard.

Or..... the "Italian video guy" and McDaniels could have just played by the rules.

The more I read your posts the more I'm convinced you can't be serious.

KCL
11-29-2010, 09:07 PM
It may very wel be the biggest game for KC.

No I think the SD game will be...:eek:

BeefStew25
11-29-2010, 09:09 PM

Josh, quit screwing around on the internet and get that awesome first drive together.

robert ethan
11-29-2010, 10:27 PM
Or..... the "Italian video guy" and McDaniels could have just played by the rules.

The more I read your posts the more I'm convinced you can't be serious.

According to everyone who has looked closely into the situation, Josh did play by the rules. I don't think there is a rule that says you have to rat out a fellow employee and ruin their career for making a single dumb mistake. There IS the Golden Rule that says, among other things that you should treat others as you yourself wish to be treated. So may THE RAT burn eternally in hell.

He knows who he is.

jhildebrand
11-29-2010, 10:34 PM

So the guy doing what McD should have initially done is the bad guy here? :confused:

A guy who doesn't want to win if it means cheating is the bad guy? :confused:

The guy caught taping people more than once is just unfortunate?:confused:

Wow. That is rich.

jhildebrand
11-29-2010, 10:35 PM
According to everyone who has looked closely into the situation, Josh did play by the rules. I don't think there is a rule that says you have to rat out a fellow employee and ruin their career for making a single dumb mistake. There IS the Golden Rule that says, among other things that you should treat others as you yourself wish to be treated. So may THE RAT burn eternally in hell.

He knows who he is.

Well... by most accounts this is the golden rule coming around on McD :lol:

In the words of shaq: "tell me how my #### tastes"

robert ethan
11-29-2010, 10:43 PM
"by most accounts"? Are most people illiterate or incapable of simple comprehension.

The Broncos and The NFL BOTH INVESTIGATED THOROUGHLY AND CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT MCDANIELS WAS ONLY GUILTY OF FAILING TO TURN IN A FELLOW EMPLOYEE.

Why? I think it was because Josh realized how difficult it might become for Scarnacchia, even though it was a non event, by any reasonable judgement.
The guy has lost his job, probably his career, and been fined likely more than half his annual wage because he gapped out for 6 minutes sitting in a Stadium several thousand miles away.

No harm, no foul. Until THE RAT reared his ugly little head with it's beady hungry eyes, foul smell, twitching whiskers and the scabby, skinless spots on it's head and body. THEN there was HARM and then there was FOUL. That FOUL still remains, cowering under the hood of forced anonymity within the confines of the Bronco staff.

jhildebrand
11-29-2010, 10:47 PM
"by most accounts"? Are most people illiterate or incapable of simple comprehension.

The Broncos and The NFL BOTH INVESTIGATED THOROUGHLY AND CAME TO THE CONCLUSION THAT MCDANIELS WAS ONLY GUILTY OF FAILING TO TURN IN A FELLOW EMPLOYEE.

Why? I think it was because Josh realized how difficult it might become for Scarnacchia, even though it was a non event, by any reasonable judgement.
The guy has lost his job, probably his career, and been fined likely more than half his annual wage because he gapped out for 6 minutes sitting in a Stadium several thousand miles away.

No harm, no foul. Until THE RAT reared his ugly little head with it's beady hungry eyes, foul smell, twitching whiskers and the scabby, skinless spots on it's head and body. THEN there was HARM and then there was FOUL. That FOUL still remains, cowering under the hood of forced anonymity within the confines of the Bronco staff.

So this is all a simple misunderstanding? A simple mistake that happened all under the watchful eye of a coach who micromanages to never before levels? It also just "happened" to be a guy who already has been reprimanded for this very same "mistake" in the past!

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Seems like if anybody would know the rules it would have been Scarnecchia. Seems like if he cared about his job, he wouldn't have "gapped out."

By the way, I have a bridge in beachfront property in AZ. Let me know if you want to see photos.

Nomad
11-29-2010, 10:50 PM
Ben Mcdaniels

:lol:Good one!!

spikerman
11-29-2010, 10:50 PM
So this is all a simple misunderstanding? A simple mistake that happened all under the watchful eye of a coach who micromanages to never before levels? It also just "happened" to be a guy who already has been reprimanded for this very same "mistake" in the past!

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight. Seems like if anybody would know the rules it would have been Scarnecchia. Seems like if he cared about his job, he wouldn't have "gapped out."

By the way, I have a bridge in beachfront property in AZ. Let me know if you want to see photos.

Plus, since the cheating happened "in a stadium several thousand miles away" it doesn't really count as cheating does it? :rolleyes:

robert ethan
11-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Scarnecchia was "reprimanded in the past" for nothing. Check your facts. No wonder you ended up with beachfront property in Arizona. Good luck getting rid of it, not many others are that dumb.

BeefStew25
11-29-2010, 10:52 PM
Plus, since the cheating happened "in a stadium several thousand miles away" it doesn't really count as cheating does it? :rolleyes:

Different area code. Standard rule.

Northman
11-29-2010, 11:18 PM
So the guy doing what McD should have initially done is the bad guy here? :confused:

A guy who doesn't want to win if it means cheating is the bad guy? :confused:

The guy caught taping people more than once is just unfortunate?:confused:

Wow. That is rich.

This guy isnt serious, never has been since he showed up on the board. Break out the

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_fa_nHW-kf20/TEDmk_BZYfI/AAAAAAAAABs/0wPhtzER9NQ/s400/Troll+Spray.jpg

Northman
11-29-2010, 11:19 PM

Thats because when you break the rules there are consequences. Might want to research that.

frauschieze
11-30-2010, 12:07 AM
Scarnecchia was "reprimanded in the past" for nothing. Check your facts. No wonder you ended up with beachfront property in Arizona. Good luck getting rid of it, not many others are that dumb.

Yes, indeed. The NFL only branded him as a "repeat offender" because they are big meanie heads.

robert ethan
11-30-2010, 12:43 AM
Yes, indeed. The NFL only branded him as a "repeat offender" because they are big meanie heads.

Only because he once was (6 years ago) part of a staff which was directly identified as having participated. But I'm sure that Scarnecchia left New England prior to the explicit warning being distributed by the league concerning filming practices. That was 2006, I believe. So I doubt that Scarnacchia was ever officially reprimanded for anything. There is no record of the Jets being flagged, and in fact they were the ones who brought it to the league's attention.

scott.475
11-30-2010, 12:58 AM
Only because he once was (6 years ago) part of a staff which was directly identified as having participated. But I'm sure that Scarnecchia left New England prior to the explicit warning being distributed by the league concerning filming practices. That was 2006, I believe. So I doubt that Scarnacchia was ever officially reprimanded for anything. There is no record of the Jets being flagged, and in fact they were the ones who brought it to the league's attention.

Yeah, the NFL is considering banning him for life because all he did was was record 6 minutes of an opposing teams practice just one time. Doesn't have anything to do with him being part of the organized, planned, and coached filming that he was part of with the Patriots before he went to the Jets.

It doesn't matter when the NFL issued their explicit warning, the warning did not trigger the cheating after all. They issued the warning AFTER the learned about the cheating, they clearly did not know about it before. You are basically saying that nothing that happened before the NFL's warning to teams matters even though that is when all the cheating, which he was part of, took place.

frauschieze
11-30-2010, 01:07 AM

Q. Jeff, how exactly did this situation come to the league's attention and what specifically made Mr. Scarnecchia a repeat offender of the policy?

JEFF PASH: It came to our attention because the Broncos came and reported it to us, specifically Mr. Bowlen and Joe Ellis, and the team's council, Rich Slivka, came to New York and asked for a meeting and sat down with us and went through their own findings of what had happened.

On your second point, Mr. Scarnecchia had previously been employed as a member of the video staff in New England. In the course of the investigation a few years ago he was identified as one of the people who had been involved in improperly recording opposing teams' coaching signals.

JEFF PASH: I think I would just add that in New England, Mr. Scarnecchia was, by all accounts, one of the people who did the videotaping.

http://www.kdvr.com/sports/kdvr-transcript-broncos-txt,0,1052350.story?page=1

Well, I'm sure your doubt means quite a bit, and this doesn't say that he was "reprimanded", but it DOES say that he specifically was identified as one of the people who taped "improperly" for the Patriots.

I cannot imagine a scenario in which the NFL identified a single person and did not bother to inform that person of their wrongdoing, regardless of their team affiliation at the time.

But that's just me. I tend to believe the word "repeat offender" wouldn't be used by the NFL if they didn't tell Scarnecchia that he was guilty of the first offense.

Edit: For those who don't know, Jeff Pash's official title is NFL Executive Vice President.

robert ethan
11-30-2010, 01:11 AM
It doesn't matter when the NFL issued their explicit warning, the warning did not trigger the cheating after all. They issued the warning AFTER the learned about the cheating, they clearly did not know about it before. You are basically saying that nothing that happened before the NFL's warning to teams matters even though that is when all the cheating, which he was part of, took place.

But the consensus seems to be that most if not all NFL teams indulged in it prior to the specific warning. So, basically everyone who worked or coached in the league up to that point is a "previous offender". Belichick and the Pats were busted for doing it AFTER the specific warning. Scarnacchia wasn't part of their staff when that happened. He did not, as some have erroneously stated, come here with McDaniels from N.E. As a member of the team who were the whistle blowers in that case, (Jets) you would think he would be clean. I'm sure Josh thought he was when he hired him.

scott.475
11-30-2010, 01:19 AM
It still just blows my mind that McD would hire this guy! WHAT THE HE**! Geez, it's like if you know your child molester brother has a penchant for 12 year old, fair skinned, blond girls with freckles, are you really going to invite him to live with you and your 12 year old, fair skinned daughter with freckles? It's like warning lights and sirens going off all over the place, and your going to bring him in to the exact same situation that got him convicted in the first place?

Rick
11-30-2010, 01:26 AM
I think Wink. If the incident would have caused McDanials to be canned I believe Wink is the one that would have been promoted Intern.

Team shows signs of life under him it would have been possible he would have been named true HC.

I think he took his best chance at a promotion.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

dogfish
11-30-2010, 01:57 AM
But the consensus seems to be that most if not all NFL teams indulged in it prior to the specific warning.

consensus?

do you have any evidence of that?

Ravage!!!
11-30-2010, 02:13 AM
I think the "rat" is someone on the staff that is tired of McD treating everyone like shit.

robert ethan
11-30-2010, 02:25 AM
I think Wink. If the incident would have caused McDanials to be canned I believe Wink is the one that would have been promoted Intern.

Team shows signs of life under him it would have been possible he would have been named true HC.

I think he took his best chance at a promotion.
Mobile Post via Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

That is exactly how I see it. Probably we'll never know, but it might be interesting to see who goes and who stays at the conclusion of the season. It would be extremely hard to fire the guy now. He'd just go running to the NFL crying that he'd tried to do the right thing and ended up paying the price. I think they might try to buy the guy out on the sly and sugercoat the whole separation.

frauschieze
11-30-2010, 03:30 AM
It still just blows my mind that McD would hire this guy! WHAT THE HE**! Geez, it's like if you know your child molester brother has a penchant for 12 year old, fair skinned, blond girls with freckles, are you really going to invite him to live with you and your 12 year old, fair skinned daughter with freckles? It's like warning lights and sirens going off all over the place, and your going to bring him in to the exact same situation that got him convicted in the first place?

From the same interview as above:

JEFF PASH: The only thing I guess I would say is that it's not the worst thing that someone does, to give another person a second chance. And it's unfortunate to do that and be proved wrong. But that's not really a terrible thing to do.

JEFF PASH: You're saying, How could you possibly hire the guy? I can understand in retrospect why you're asking that. If the worst thing that can be said is that the Denver Broncos took a guy who said he had changed his ways, who said he understood that he made a mistake, who said he wasn't going to ever let anything like that happen again, and it turned out that, in fact, he hadn't changed, that he did it again, that's a bad thing.

But, you know, he's paying a heavy price. I think you can hear Joe Ellis, you can see what Pat Bowlen said. They feel as though they're paying a heavy price as well.

If the worst thing about this is they gave a guy another chance and he let them down, I think that's a mistake that people have to live with, but it's certainly not the worst thing that I've ever heard.

I do believe in giving people second chances and can understand why someone would take a flyer. I just don't trust that this is on the up and up the way everyone claims.

I'd like to know if he was hired away from the Jets, or if he was unemployed when McDaniels called.

robert ethan
11-30-2010, 03:46 AM
Is Josh McDaniels responsible for hiring technical people on the staff? I can see him hiring all the coachs, but he probably doesn't have the time to deal with IT, office staff, cleaning people, and all that. Pash's comments seem to suggest that he let Ellis and Bowlen down, more so than McDaniels. He may have recommended Scarnacchia from knowing him at New England, but it doesn't sound like he was directly responsible for his hiring.

frauschieze
11-30-2010, 04:02 AM
Is Josh McDaniels responsible for hiring technical people on the staff? I can see him hiring all the coachs, but he probably doesn't have the time to deal with IT, office staff, cleaning people, and all that. Pash's comments seem to suggest that he let Ellis and Bowlen down, more so than McDaniels. He may have recommended Scarnacchia from knowing him at New England, but it doesn't sound like he was directly responsible for his hiring.

McDaniels hired Scarnecchia to run the Broncos' video operations shortly after he accepted the job in January 2009.

Read more: NFL investigating Broncos' possible filming violation - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16720519?source=pkg#ixzz16kqNG4Rr
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

:whoknows:

BCJ
11-30-2010, 04:30 AM

Because when you want to win championships, you dont start with draft picks and veterans. You go get the #1 Video guy that can not only hold a video recorder, but also edit out all the times he is munching on a snack. The skillz that it takes to do this is unbelievable and when I think of the top dog of recording, look no farther than a former staffer from the Pats. You want to help a team get to the SuperBowl? Well, go down to your local movie theater and ask you want a job running the projector. A few years later, you can be filming other teams practices! Remember, Pats didnt go to Superbowls on talent and coaching alone. Nope, start with the video production team than everything else is cake.

BCJ
11-30-2010, 04:31 AM
BTW, is Robert Ethan here as a joke? His early post doesnt seem that way but somehow my man, Bronco Warrior, has slipped into his computer and hacks away irratating the masses.

BoltWalt
11-30-2010, 04:57 AM

Gruden says he is happy at ESPN.