PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' McDaniels aware of negativity around him, team

Denver Native (Carol)
11-29-2010, 04:17 PM
Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said Monday morning that he is "not oblivious" to the negativity surrounding him and his team in the wake of the team's eighth loss this season and yet another off-field controversy.

The Broncos lost 36-33 to the St. Louis Rams at Invesco Field at Mile High on Sunday, a day after McDaniels was personally fined $50,000 by the NFL for not reporting an incident of videotaping.

"Nobody likes to have that kind of attention," McDaniels said. "I'm not oblivious to that. I'm human."

Asked directly if he is worried about his job security McDaniels would only say that it is out of his control.

"It's not my decision, not something that's in my control," McDaniels said. "I'm just going to worry about what I can focus on and try to control the things that I can control."

McDaniels has two years remaining on his four-year contract.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_16734431?source=rss

Northman
11-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Sorry McD, you need to go.

Broncolingus
11-29-2010, 04:19 PM
Don't really need much more talk there, Joshy McD...

...just need some friggin wins, bud.

That's all...

Denver Native (Carol)
11-29-2010, 04:20 PM
Lindsay is stating that Coach McD has a 4 year contract. I always thought it was a 3 year contract :confused:

Northman
11-29-2010, 04:23 PM
At this point its 2 years too long in my opinion.

Lancane
11-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Lindsay is stating that Coach McD has a 4 year contract. I always thought it was a 3 year contract :confused:

No, it was a guaranteed four year contract.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-29-2010, 04:42 PM
No, it was a guaranteed four year contract.

Thanks - in reading some of the posts in other threads in regards to his contract, I thought people posted it was 3 years, and if they fired him this year, they would be paying Shanahan plus McDaniels, but if McDaniels is fired, they would be paying Shanahan (I think for 1 year), and McDaniels for two. If that is accurate, I don't see that happening - moneywise, but I could be wrong.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 04:46 PM
**** you, McDaniels... **** You.

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 04:54 PM
Thanks - in reading some of the posts in other threads in regards to his contract, I thought people posted it was 3 years, and if they fired him this year, they would be paying Shanahan plus McDaniels, but if McDaniels is fired, they would be paying Shanahan (I think for 1 year), and McDaniels for two. If that is accurate, I don't see that happening - moneywise, but I could be wrong.

It depends. If the Broncos were able to fire McDaniels for cause they wouldn't owe him a penny.

Timmy!
11-29-2010, 04:55 PM
http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c134/bmills395/FIRE_MCDANIELS.png

Buff
11-29-2010, 04:57 PM
**** you, McDaniels... **** You.

I don't get the hatred... I mean, you don't have to run down the list of reasons again, I understand all that. But at the end of the day, the guy is still just trying to win the mother****ing game.

G_Money
11-29-2010, 04:58 PM
Right Carol, Shanahan is owed 3.5 million in 2011, while Josh is owed 3 million in 2011 and 2012, basically.

It's still a joke of an excuse. Shanahan was fired while he was owed 7 million a season over 3 years. We split the last two years with Washington, so Bowlen's already gotten a 7 million dollar break thanks to Mike not staying retired. If he was willing to pay Shanny 7 mil a season for 3 seasons not to be here, then he can take that 7 million that Washington saved him, use it to pay off McDaniels, and have a million left over to buy Dom and Cristal for everyone on Firing Day.

Drinks on Bowlen!

I don't get what the issue is.

~G

G_Money
11-29-2010, 05:01 PM
"It's not my decision, not something that's in my control," McDaniels said. "I'm just going to worry about what I can focus on and try to control the things that I can control."

I knew he was a member of the freemasons.

http://images2.cpcache.com/product_zoom/243000742v9_400x400_Front_Color-White.jpg

~G

Dzone
11-29-2010, 05:02 PM
Its not hatred to be disgusted with Mcdaniels...He has single handedly ruined a once proud team. Hate and disgust are two different things. Mcdaniels sucks and I really think he should have been fired today.
I guess he is not oblivious to all the Fire Mcdaniels posters and chants on sunday. Maybe thats good.

Slick
11-29-2010, 05:02 PM
I don't get the hatred... I mean, you don't have to run down the list of reasons again, I understand all that. But at the end of the day, the guy is still just trying to win the mother****ing game.

It's become painfully clear that some of us are maybe a little too emotionally invested.

Lancane
11-29-2010, 05:04 PM

That's really the major dilemma I think for Bowlen and the Board of Directors at this time, they like Ellis bought into the McDaniels plan. If you remember, Bowlen at his introduction presser said that he did not want to hire another coach during the remainder of his time as the owner. So Bowlen did in my opinion at least did believe in this as much as the others. But, I'm sure he did not account for the circus escapades that have plagued this team since. So from Bowlen's standpoint, I can understand how hard the decision would be.

However, Shanahan is due I believe 3.5 million, McDaniels is due I believe 3 millions, and I'm not positive...but I believe that Bowlen only has to pay 1.75 million in obligation for the remainder of Shanahan's contract, I could be wrong. So if McDaniels is fired, and he does not find another position, Bowlen would have to pay out 4.75 million in head coach fees, not including the amount that would be needed to secure the next head coach. However, Bowlen could find someone willing to make less up front their first year and more on the back end of their contract, because after all...it's guaranteed.

claymore
11-29-2010, 05:07 PM
That's really the major dilemma I think for Bowlen and the Board of Directors at this time, they like Ellis bought into the McDaniels plan. If you remember, Bowlen at his introduction presser said that he did not want to hire another coach during the remainder of his time as the owner. So Bowlen did in my opinion at least did believe in this as much as the others. But, I'm sure he did not account for the circus escapades that have plagued this team since. So from Bowlen's standpoint, I can understand how hard the decision would be.

However, Shanahan is due I believe 3.5 million, McDaniels is due I believe 3 millions, and I'm not positive...but I believe that Bowlen only has to pay 1.75 million in obligation for the remainder of Shanahan's contract, I could be wrong. So if McDaniels is fired, and he does not find another position, Bowlen would have to pay out 4.75 million in head coach fees, not including the amount that would be needed to secure the next head coach. However, Bowlen could find someone willing to make less up front their first year and more on the back end of their contract, because after all...it's guaranteed.
Hopefully they are working on some legal way to not pay him shit. Just fire him outright, and say the spygate was detrimental to the team blah blah blah.

Just a wish, I know it wont happen.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 05:09 PM

As I said it a previous post - #33 in this thread

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1133359#post1133359

I think McDaniels is more than a bad coach. I think he's a lying, cheating, conniving piece of crap as a person. He's a self-centered, egotistical, hypocritical ass and even if we were 19-0 and World Champions I'd want him gone. Not that I'll EVER have to worry about that dilemma... This clown can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

He's a dick. This spygate thing was the last straw for me. It's become personal. He's an EMBARRASSMENT!!!!!!!

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 05:10 PM
Hopefully they are working on some legal way to not pay him shit. Just fire him outright, and say the spygate was detrimental to the team blah blah blah.

Just a wish, I know it wont happen.

Assuming that he's be let go by the end of season and Bowlen has a case for firing him for cause then he wouldn't owe anything more.

BORDERLINE
11-29-2010, 05:11 PM
Josh McD better be aware that this is not how the Broncos roll...
this is not even close to how the Pats roll....
i think MCD bit off too much for him to chew...
the defense needed help alot of it and he drafted 2 offensive players...
We need to see if Tebow is worth that first round pick plus all the other ones we traded to get him....
And D.T looks like an incredible WR, I just believe he might be too FRAGILE to play in the NFL...this guy is injury prone and we will probably get him for 8 games tops a year, and for a first round pick that won't cut it.

GEM
11-29-2010, 05:12 PM
They just said on the radio that McD didn't even bother entering the locker room at halftime by the south stands with his players, he ducked in behind the bench. :rolleyes: Chicken little. You did this...face it.

UnderArmour
McDaniels deserves another year. We bought a patchwork defense last year in free agency but the player holding it together went on IR before the season even started. I still believe in what McDaniels is doing and the football team he is trying to build but we simply do not have the talent on defense yet, particularly in the trenches. Given another offseason, the roster can only get better. The entire coaching staff deserves another season to become a winner and the fan base really needs to calm down and realize that there are no instant fixes. The team got hot and won tons of close games last year to open up while this year the close games just have not gone our way. Firing McDaniels isn't the way to go, he deserves at least 1 more season.

MasterShake
It's become painfully clear that some of us are maybe a little too emotionally invested.

I think you're right Slick. I'm going to hop the next plane to Mexico and open up a dive shop right next to yours. Except mine will be awesome, requiring no training. It will only be open on Sunday or Mondays after Broncos games and drinking alcohol will be encouraged. Not only that, you get a free Cinder Block and chain to take with you.

Ok, you got me. Its not a dive shop, its a suicide assistance hut.

Buff
11-29-2010, 05:14 PM
As I said it a previous post - #33 in this thread

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1133359#post1133359

I think McDaniels is more than a bad coach. I think he's a lying, cheating, conniving piece of crap as a person. He's a self-centered, egotistical, hypocritical ass and even if we were 19-0 and World Champions I'd want him gone. Not that I'll EVER have to worry about that dilemma... This clown can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

He's a dick. This spygate thing was the last straw for me. It's become personal. He's an EMBARRASSMENT!!!!!!!

I'm going to ask NTL to pray for you.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-29-2010, 05:16 PM
Josh McD better be aware that this is not how the Broncos roll...
this is not even close to how the Pats roll....
i think MCD bit off too much for him to chew...
the defense needed help alot of it and he drafted 2 offensive players...
We need to see if Tebow is worth that first round pick plus all the other ones we traded to get him....
And D.T looks like an incredible WR, I just believe he might be too FRAGILE to play in the NFL...this guy is injury prone and we will probably get him for 8 games tops a year, and for a first round pick that won't cut it.

But, on paper, did the defense need help before the draft - before Dumervil was lost for the year, before other injuries to key players, that kept them out of games?

Yes, now the defense needs help because of what I mentioned, but I don't think that was the way it was before the draft. On paper, the defense looked pretty solid.

HORSEPOWER 56
I think you're right Slick. I'm going to hop the next plane to Mexico and open up a dive shop right next to yours. Except mine will be awesome, requiring no training. It will only be open on Sunday or Mondays after Broncos games and drinking alcohol will be encouraged. Not only that, you get a free Cinder Block and chain to take with you.

Ok, you got me. Its not a dive shop, its a suicide assistance hut.

I'll pay for McDaniels' ticket if he's your first customer...

G_Money
Lancane, it really is 3.5 million for Shanahan in 2011 (half the salary we owed of $7 million - the Redskins are paying the other half) and then around 3 million for McDaniels in 2011 and 2012. He made more like 2 million the first two years and closer to 3 the second two of his contract, I believe.

So yes, he's going to be out some money if he fires Josh, but it'll be less than if Shanahan had just stayed retired. In that sense it's basically a wash.

~G

Lancane
11-29-2010, 05:21 PM
Lancane, it really is 3.5 million for Shanahan in 2011 (half the salary we owed of $7 million - the Redskins are paying the other half) and then around 3 million for McDaniels in 2011 and 2012. He made more like 2 million the first two years and closer to 3 the second two of his contract, I believe.

So yes, he's going to be out some money if he fires Josh, but it'll be less than if Shanahan had just stayed retired. In that sense it's basically a wash.

~G

Thanks for clearing that up for me G!

hotcarl
11-29-2010, 05:26 PM
there is no way to fire him during the season

who would be interim coach? everyone else on the staff is clueless. he has his hands in everything. maybe tebow could coach them?

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 05:27 PM
I'm going to ask NTL to pray for you.

I don't need the help, but could you ask him to pray to the football Gods that McDaniels gets fired?

BORDERLINE
11-29-2010, 05:30 PM
But, on paper, did the defense need help before the draft - before Dumervil was lost for the year, before other injuries to key players, that kept them out of games?

Yes, now the defense needs help because of what I mentioned, but I don't think that was the way it was before the draft. On paper, the defense looked pretty solid.

Your Right I get what your saying...
but this also goes back to the previous draft..
he inherited the #2 offense in the NFL
he went with Moreno at RB when Denver always pulled RB outta nowhere
he ignored that Hillis was a capable back
Now with Tebow, i believe he wanted to show the NFL the power of his system
that a QB with "bad mechanics" would be succesfull playing for him
It's gonna take him a little longer to get this team in the right direction
If Miami can go from 1-15 to 11-5 in one year in a division with the patriots
why can't denver go from 8-8 to 11-5 or 12-4
We need a coach that understands that a balance of power is needed
and distribute talent on both sides of th field

frauschieze
11-29-2010, 05:32 PM

And we'll have to agree to disagree. Even on paper, our D was not anything near solid. I'd say it was woefully lacking depth as well as having a stop-gap player in the most important spot on the D. We didn't draft anyone to replace Jamal Williams in two years. It is commonly known to take that long to develop a D line player. The rest of the line was not spectacular either. Minor role players counted on to be starters? And one didn't even make the team?

No, our D was still in need of major help in the draft.

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 05:47 PM

Yes the defense needed help even before the draft. Not even on paper did it look good because there were a ton question marks before the training camp started.

getlynched47
11-29-2010, 05:49 PM
I was never truly 100% on board with McDaniels. Most people know this.

But I was eager to try to get to like McDaniels and support him.

Then the Jay Cutler fiasco started.

Drama is something I HATE. McDaniels seems to attract drama. I was done with him then, and I'm sick of his ugly face now

Seriously, we haven't improved under McDaniels. We're not a better football team. We haven't even built for the future yet! (One of the oldest teams in the NFL).

What do we have to look forward to?

All I know is, I'm looking forward to A) Seeing a little bit of Tebow since our season is over or B) McDaniels being fired and me being happy again.

Let's be real...Josh McDaniels attracts an astounding amount of negative publicity. Way more negative publicity than positive.

That's just something you shouldn't have with a leader( the freakin head coach!)

Really, it's embarrassing.

Be gone, McDaniels!

http://i52.tinypic.com/119qkol.png

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 05:54 PM
And we'll have to agree to disagree. Even on paper, our D was not anything near solid. I'd say it was woefully lacking depth as well as having a stop-gap player in the most important spot on the D. We didn't draft anyone to replace Jamal Williams in two years. It is commonly known to take that long to develop a D line player. The rest of the line was not spectacular either. Minor role players counted on to be starters? And one didn't even make the team?

No, our D was still in need of major help in the draft.

Some have claimed has bad for the last 10 years if that's case then this was issue before, during, and after the draft.

Northman
11-29-2010, 06:11 PM

Thats not true at all. I knew the loss of Nolan was going to hurt just in the coaching sense and it proved to be true. Secondly, the added guys on the Dline were guys who have been beat up and average at best, not difference makers. There was still a need to get young and take some playmakers for the Dline and LB corps.

turftoad
11-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Thats not true at all. I knew the loss of Nolan was going to hurt just in the coaching sense and it proved to be true. Secondly, the added guys on the Dline were guys who have been beat up and average at best, not difference makers. There was still a need to get young and take some playmakers for the Dline and LB corps.

Exactly, Williams (over the hill), Bannan (career back up, career depth guy) same goes for Jarvas Green.

None of those guys have done much of anything and I don't know why anyone would have thought that they would. I didn't. :tsk:

claymore
11-29-2010, 06:37 PM
I was never truly 100% on board with McDaniels. Most people know this.

But I was eager to try to get to like McDaniels and support him.

Then the Jay Cutler fiasco started.

Drama is something I HATE. McDaniels seems to attract drama. I was done with him then, and I'm sick of his ugly face now

Seriously, we haven't improved under McDaniels. We're not a better football team. We haven't even built for the future yet! (One of the oldest teams in the NFL).

What do we have to look forward to?

All I know is, I'm looking forward to A) Seeing a little bit of Tebow since our season is over or B) McDaniels being fired and me being happy again.

Let's be real...Josh McDaniels attracts an astounding amount of negative publicity. Way more negative publicity than positive.

That's just something you shouldn't have with a leader( the freakin head coach!)

Really, it's embarrassing.

Be gone, McDaniels!

http://i52.tinypic.com/119qkol.png

Exactly, Williams (over the hill), Bannan (career back up, career depth guy) same goes for Jarvas Green.

None of those guys have done much of anything and I don't know why anyone would have thought that they would. I didn't. :tsk:
Dont forget the Anchor. Jamall m-effin williams. :werd:

TXBRONC
11-29-2010, 06:38 PM

Shoot Jarvis didn't even make the team!

claymore
11-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Assuming that he's be let go by the end of season and Bowlen has a case for firing him for cause then he wouldn't owe anything more.

They just said on the radio that McD didn't even bother entering the locker room at halftime by the south stands with his players, he ducked in behind the bench. :rolleyes: Chicken little. You did this...face it.
I noticed the weasel exit last night. He was given the business by a couple fans. Fellow Brothers. :salute:

spikerman
11-29-2010, 06:42 PM

Wow, there's a secret entrance to the locker room???

spikerman
11-29-2010, 06:48 PM
there is no way to fire him during the season

who would be interim coach? everyone else on the staff is clueless. he has his hands in everything. maybe tebow could coach them?

Sigh, ok, I'll do it.

Krugan
11-29-2010, 06:54 PM
I love the "who would be interim coach" stuff....

Does it really make a bit of difference?

Not really.

Hell, let Wink coach it out, whats the worst that happens? We lose more games?

The point of making the move would be, at least for me, to let the fan base know that this shiat wont fly here and the franshice wants to try and be in a better place.

And thats my 2 cents which isnt even worth 2 cents anymore.

Dzone
11-29-2010, 06:55 PM
Well, unfortunately, its almost 5 PM here in Colorado and Mcdaniels has NOT been fired, so it looks like we are stuck with him. Ugh...I was so hoping they would fire him and use the spygate2 drama as a reason. oh well. Today would have been a perfect time to fire him.

BORDERLINE
11-29-2010, 07:04 PM
The only way I see Bowlen firing McD is at the end of the season plus having alot of public out cry to get him canned...
just like there is a petition about the orange jerseys there should be one about McD and hope it get's picked up the same way....

Lancane
11-29-2010, 07:04 PM
Well, unfortunately, its almost 5 PM here in Colorado and Mcdaniels has NOT been fired, so it looks like we are stuck with him. Ugh...I was so hoping they would fire him and use the spygate2 drama as a reason. oh well. Today would have been a perfect time to fire him.

There's always tomorrow! ;)

BroncoWave
11-29-2010, 07:09 PM
Don't really need much more talk there, Joshy McD...

...just need some friggin wins, bud.

That's all...

He has to talk to the media. That's a league rule.

BroncoWave
11-29-2010, 07:12 PM

Seriously. Anyone who literally "hates" McDaniels on a personal level REALLY needs to get a life. Just because he is currently doing poorly at his job doesn't mean he's not giving it his all to win or that he's a bad person.

Dzone
11-29-2010, 07:15 PM
There's always tomorrow! ;)
Would they fire a HC on a Tuesday? What day of the week did Wade and Chilly get the axe? As for an interim HC, shoot anybody could step up and put in a game plan. Orton would be able to help out in a sort of player coach capacity. Just get rid of Mcdaniels, please!!!!

Dirk
11-29-2010, 07:16 PM

Wow! Buff and I agree on something! :elefant:

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Seriously. Anyone who literally "hates" McDaniels on a personal level REALLY needs to get a life. Just because he is currently doing poorly at his job doesn't mean he's not giving it his all to win or that he's a bad person.

Seriously, anyone who lies and cheats is a BAD PERSON in my book. Maybe if that's okay with you, YOU need to get a life...

Dzone
11-29-2010, 07:19 PM
Seriously. Anyone who literally "hates" McDaniels on a personal level REALLY needs to get a life. .
Agreed. I hate the fact that he is coach of the broncos, but surely dont hate the man. Hate is a word reserved for terrorists and criminals, not football coaches

BroncoWave
11-29-2010, 07:28 PM
Seriously, anyone who lies and cheats is a BAD PERSON in my book. Maybe if that's okay with you, YOU need to get a life...

Have you ever met him personally? Do you have any factually documented proof that he's ever lied or cheated? You act like he rapes babies and blows up buildings. Are you saying that you have never once lied in your life or that you have never once cheated at anything? I have a hard time believing that. Maybe you should take a look at yourself in the mirror before you go spouting off about how terrible everyone else is.

Like I said, if you literally hate someone on a personal level who you have never even met and that the worst thing he is ever rumored to have done is lie and cheat (things that 99.9% of the population has done at one point or another in their lives) then you REALLY need to get a life and/or re-examine your priorities.

HORSEPOWER 56
11-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Have you ever met him personally? Do you have any factually documented proof that he's ever lied or cheated? You act like he rapes babies and blows up buildings. Are you saying that you have never once lied in your life or that you have never once cheated at anything? I have a hard time believing that. Maybe you should take a look at yourself in the mirror before you go spouting off about how terrible everyone else is.

Like I said, if you literally hate someone on a personal level who you have never even met and that the worst thing he is ever rumored to have done is lie and cheat (things that 99.9% of the population has done at one point or another in their lives) then you REALLY need to get a life and/or re-examine your priorities.

Umm, I think the documented proof is why he was fined $50,000. I don't have to know him personally to hate him or hate the kind of person he is. Since when is that a requirement? The douchebag has discredited my favorite team and made us the laughing stock of the league, dragging high character guys like Bowlen, Orton, and Royal down into his cesspool of lies and deceit while he dares to stand at the podium front of the media and preach character.

For the first time in my 26 years as a Broncos fan, I'm ashamed to wear my Broncos gear in public. Not because I don't support the team, but because I don't support the coach who is the face of the team. Wearing my Broncos gear makes me feel like I somehow support McDaniels and what he stands for. It makes me feel like a hypocrite. It's not about our current record or losing, it's about what he's done to this franchise. He's a walking, talking piece of crap. That's why I hate him.

BroncoWave
11-29-2010, 07:55 PM
Those are all really stupid reasons to hate someone, but whatever floats your boat. You need to take a step back and realize that this is just a freaking game and in the grand scheme of things, is not really that important.

hotcarl
11-29-2010, 08:28 PM
For the first time in my 26 years as a Broncos fan, I'm ashamed to wear my Broncos gear in public. Not because I don't support the team, but because I don't support the coach who is the face of the team. Wearing my Broncos gear makes me feel like I somehow support McDaniels and what he stands for. It makes me feel like a hypocrite. It's not about our current record or losing, it's about what he's done to this franchise. He's a walking, talking piece of crap. That's why I hate him.

you are a hypocrite for saying you have never lied, cheated, or been bad at your job, not for wearing football clothes. you are a good fan for not liking what has become of this franchise and not supporting the way things are going.

:love::shakehands::proud:

The Glue Factory
11-29-2010, 09:27 PM
Umm, I think the documented proof is why he was fined $50,000.

Ummm, no. The $50,000 fine was for not reporting something that should have been reported immediately. The NFL's own investigation did not find him guilty of cheating.

I think a lot of people jumped to the conclusion (or concocted some kind of conspiracy) that spygate west was McD intitiating an attempt in cheating. That COULD have happened but two different investigations did not come to that conclusion and what we know of the facts don't support that conclusion.